Weekly Team Wanking Competition

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

misterpom
Community User Level: 3

Post by misterpom » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:59 pm

Whiplash wrote:
misterpom wrote:competitiveness + big ego = bitterness.

TS - Brasil = Paradise :P

Brasil is king of F1. Come on. :wink:

Whiplash
Community User Level: 5

Post by Whiplash » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:09 pm

GR8Arjen wrote:Cant we just keep it simple. (KIS)

Step 1:

Put the server up for normal F1 wanking, with the usual rankings, no changes needed.

Step 2

Add in those rankings, a extra list with the teams, that displays the avarage laptime of those teams, driven by all team-members. (after 5 wanks, we have a final ranking of all teams)

Step 3,

Do 5 of these weekly (team)wanks. And use the individial times of each player to create a ranking. (avarage laptime of all 5 tracks, will be the final ranking)

Step 4

Use for instance something like below to rank the players in to groups, and were done.

Pos 1-6 A
pos 7-12 B
pos 13-18 C
pos 19-24 D
pos 25+ E

Simple, and not many changes are needed to have this up and running. ;)

Personally, I'm tired of that F1 car. All tracks are too long for it.
And, admins will still complain about hard work for organizing.
Maybe we really should cancel that team thing. Whenever we tried to make teams, that was a problem. We can't just keep the same teams because we aren't sure that all those drivers will join this too.

GR8Arjen

Post by GR8Arjen » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:20 pm

The only thing that has to be added in the statistics is the team avarage laptimes. That's it.

And all the other ranking calculations... well, I will even do those by hand if that is what it takes to have this good idea, up and running.

Oh, another point. Don't talk about "we" having to cancel this because "you" are tired running F1 cars on F1 tracks. If you don't like to participate, then leave the discussion. No hard feelings, but please do not try to shoot off this idea because you don't like it. I don't think that is a fair thing to do. ;)

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:29 pm

Sure, sorry. If admins will support you, that's ok.
I just know that I was hardly driving quli for F1 league because it was frustrating. That car is just real pain. I remember better times of regular weekly wanking with default cars. Maybe other people think different.

Btw, I didn't say that we have to cancel that because of me. It was because admins don't want to support that.

dede

Post by dede » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:59 pm

Currently I have no time and willing to make any change to the website. Maybe I can organize something in two weeks, since I'm busy this week and the next one.

And Jurgen, maybe I'm just stupid like all others, but I don't understand anything of what you write. Actually I'm skipping all of your posts like the ones written by reirom.

lux2
Community User Level: 2

Post by lux2 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:42 pm

Tijny wrote:I'm also not at all convinced it would be popular enough to make building it worthwhile.

Just to make a quick poll about this, my opinion is that I can be slightly interested into some kind of wanking server as in the past.

About all the rules and team related things that you are planning to add to the "easywank", my interest is zero.

Lexx

Post by Lexx » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:07 pm

Jurgen-NL wrote:It's not that I don't care, it's not how I write sentences but it's about what I mean in a post that matters.

If you don't get what I mean with a certain post, then fine, you must not be that intelligent yourself, I suppose.

I admit that a post in this topic by me is written in Reirom style, but it was because I felt offended by the fact that you people seem to insult me, just because I forget to put , . ? : ; ! '' ` everywhere.

You don't need those symbols to understand eachother.

Are we really living in an age where it is important to write everything 100% correctly? And that when a mistake is spotted you have to put the hammer on that persons head for not adding them in a post?

@Whiplash' his earlier post; I also want that the game would still develop further, only I know the thruth and know that there will ''not'' be a new release of TS in the future.

Translation :lol:

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:35 am

As I said, it could be great to do 2 things at once: playing wanking online, and actualizing the ranking.
Playing just for fastest laps that will not be memorized somewhere seems like wasting a time. Let's just wait for dede. Maybe he 'll get some idea too.

GR8Arjen

Post by GR8Arjen » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:42 am

Whiplash wrote:As I said, it could be great to do 2 things at once: playing wanking online, and actualizing the ranking.

My idea above is exactly doing that... Combining wanking and ranking together... Or were you referring to that?

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:53 am

GR8Arjen wrote:
Whiplash wrote:As I said, it could be great to do 2 things at once: playing wanking online, and actualizing the ranking.

That's exactly what my idea above is all about. :wink:

:) Not even close. In your case we will get ranking that will die right next day after we finish the competition.
In my case, we will get ranking that will be useful maybe many years after. We can play it any time after that and continue to make our times better and better (by sending the videos). It will show all TS drivers, and those ones who didn't play can catch us by sending their videos too. So whole community is welcome.
So, this:
http://www.turbosliders.com/show_points ... roup=TSCOM
not some kind of poor notepad ranking.

GR8Arjen

Post by GR8Arjen » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:05 am

Well, your ranking goes way further then mine, and the idea is great. But my idea is for ranking F1 drivers, so teams can be restricted to archive a fair balance in drivers. Don't forget that this topic is about a weekly wank challange for teams. ;)

Edit.

After we have done a F1 ranking, we can always do the same thing with other cars.

In order to have this working, I think it is best to stick to simple idea's, so a we can start doing something. Cause now we have nothing.

reirom

Post by reirom » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:38 am

TSC TSC

i like the kart server argen played too

a kart cup could be good..

and jurgen seems i was rith about him... :lol:

dede and tijny need to teach other guys to made scripts etc wtf

you two thinks are the ts owners?

teach whiplash to make scrits. simple..

we need to be more less dependent of dede and tijny.

we are not his subordinaties.

Jurgen-NL
Community User Level: 4
Community User Level: 4

Post by Jurgen-NL » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:38 pm

@ reirom right about me of what?

Whiplash wrote:With that logic REIROM would be a genius (...ok, would be normal).

2nd so here your saying that everyone who cant make correct posts is a retard, with this sentence it shows how big of an ego you have of yourself.
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!

Dide Dide

Post by Dide Dide » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:23 pm

Jurgen-NL wrote:@ reirom right about me of what?

Whiplash wrote:With that logic REIROM would be a genius (...ok, would be normal).

2nd so here your saying that everyone who cant make correct posts is a retard, with this sentence it shows how big of an ego you have of yourself.

I cant find Jurgen-nl tradutor, any help pls :lol:

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:42 pm

reirom wrote:teach whiplash to make scrits. simple..

:lol:
I guess it would be easier for T to make complete new website, then teach me those shits.

Jurgen-NL wrote:2nd so here your saying that everyone who cant make correct posts is a retard, with this sentence it shows how big of an ego you have of yourself.

Well, I can say that you're smart guy, but who would believe that?
This is not about my ego, this is just about me. :)
Pls, no more off-topic posts.

About the weekly wanking, I would like to drive with default cars. F1>boring, Kart>boring.
GR8Arjen wrote:Well, your ranking goes way further then mine, and the idea is great. But my idea is for ranking F1 drivers, so teams can be restricted to archive a fair balance in drivers. Don't forget that this topic is about a weekly wank challange for teams. ;)

Weekly wanking can have its own simple notepad ranking. But the results should be incorporated to the main ranking too. That's not hard to do. DIT (dark international tournament) was just like that. DIT didn't work well because of many reasons. Online wanking + team playing could make big difference. Main ranking should not show teams times, just the single players times like it does now. Like REIROM says: simple. :wink:
Last edited by Whiplash on Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:52 pm

Could be, but I think the big crowd likes F1 more then default cars, so thats why it's better to do it both

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:08 pm

Pingu wrote:Could be, but I think the big crowd likes F1 more then default cars, so thats why it's better to do it both

The problem with F1 is that we don't have an final version of it. Each year we have a new beta version, so the ranking of it will not be useful for a long time. Lap length doesn't make things better too. But anyway, if many people would like that, I can't complain.

reirom

Post by reirom » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:16 pm

defaut car am shit

antislider is only drivable

put tsb f2 cars and karts..

pingu is right , i hate default cars i never run with them only antislider..

tsb f2 car is good

Jan

Post by Jan » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:44 pm

Why do you people think you're so dependent of Dede and Tijny? It's bad for them because they have to do everything and it's bad for the rest of us as then we can't organise anything.

There's no need for scripts etc. if you just organise some simple independent tournaments that are held on one evening. ;) It can basically be anything as long as it doesn't get too complicated and doesn't need any scripts to be run. I don't have time or interest at the moment but I may organise something little in the future.

dede

Post by dede » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:54 pm

Whiplash wrote:DIT didn't work well

DIT actually worked very well. We had several players playing for a lot of editions. My own opinion is that we cannot make a ranking basing on fixed tracks, or actually we cannot make a ranking at all.

I think it's just more fun to have short competitions or single events where you can play online against other players than driving offline for no real reason. Of course, some might find interesting fighting against the historical records, like we did with default tracks' weekly wanking. But after a while everything becomes boring again.

Having teams is something I love, so I like the idea to keep F1 teams - or make new ones and organize events so that they would make some sense. We'll see.

Anyway, Jan is right. Anybody can start organizing leagues and competitions. You don't need any "powers" to do that. Community Servers (& LVP) are available, so everything is possible.

I know that it's easier to just wait and see what I organize, but having two or three players willing to help out and organize stuff would be appreciated.

Having TS as 1st priority of my life for 5 years is becoming a bit annoying now. I hate when we have to cancel a race just because my internet doesn't work. I hate when I have to come back home in a hurry because there's a race I need to host. I hate when I spend 5 hours/week for playing a 30min race.

More collaboration, more cups, more fun.

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:13 pm

dede wrote:DIT actually worked very well. We had several players playing for a lot of editions.

Sure. :? Last time you had 3 players.
dede wrote:My own opinion is that we cannot make a ranking basing on fixed tracks...

Why not man??? Something like that is necessary for the website. You should look on it like on a feature, not just like on a competition.

dede wrote:I think it's just more fun to have short competitions or single events where you can play online against other players than driving offline for no real reason.

Oh man, why I have to be so annoying every time to explain such a simple things???
At first, it's not just an offline playing, it would be online. (Something like DIT, but much better). DIT didn't have live calculating times, and it allowed just few laps to drive. So, nobody felt the need to play it online.

As a second, that's the only thing that's reasonable to play. You can compare your own lap times, and your own with other drivers. All results are always there, so you are never wasting your time.

dede wrote:I know that it's easier to just wait and see what I organize, but having two or three players willing to help out and organize stuff would be appreciated.
Having TS as 1st priority of my life for 5 years is becoming a bit annoying now. I hate when we have to cancel a race just because my internet doesn't work. I hate when I have to come back home in a hurry because there's a race I need to host. I hate when I spend 5 hours/week for playing a 30min race.
:?
We understand that all man. That's why I actually played your league. I never liked it that much, but I respect whole your work.
But weekly wanking is something that needs minor changes only once per week. Rest of the time you're free like a bird. You will have to spend some time to prepare it all for the first track, it's all easy after that. No one else can organize it.
Well, maybe I'm the only one who cares about the ranking with the fixed tracks. If that's true, I 'll have to reduce my activity too. It's all becoming useless: playing cups where all is about the connection, lucky, and other stuff gives me no motivation at all. Also, died results of cups do the same.

dede

Post by dede » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:44 pm

Whiplash wrote:Last time you had 3 players.

Sending videos, maybe. More than 60 drove in the server.

Whiplash wrote:Why not man??? Something like that is necessary for the website. You should look on it like on a feature, not just like on a competition.

There are several features that aren't used. This ranking you suggest will be just an additional one. We already reset the ranking three times, picked different cars and tracks. It can work for one or two months. After that nobody will drive those tracks anymore.

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:42 pm

dede wrote:We already reset the ranking three times, picked different cars and tracks. It can work for one or two months. After that nobody will drive those tracks anymore.

If you set the same server once per year, you will keep it working. Drivers will be interested to see how much they improved their skill during the year. Official server is used for nothing most of the year anyway. You can freely take 8-9 weeks per year to put wanking there for the ranking tracks. Also, if you manage to make categories for it, success is guaranteed. Drivers will fight hardly to get into the better skill category.

Burn

Post by Burn » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:11 am

The fact of the matter is that not many people WILL put in the time to do organize a cup. Some of you are saying that you "want" to do this and that but you aren't. You need to take some action. Maybe run a test cup and have everyone join then do "test" rankings on a temporary/mirror site or something.

There's also something called "the Internet", I'm not sure if you guys have heard of it but some say that you can search for things online and ask questions to solve problems you may have with a certain program. MAYBE, just MAYBE, you can look up how to do those scripts online. (By the way, I don't know too much about scripts, they may be just the type of scripts that are used by TS. If you must, make new ones?)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@dede, are you implying that you'd like to bring DIT back? If so, I'd definitely be in on that! (Also dede, just noticed that you've hit 2500 posts on this forum... WOW!)

@Whiplash, maybe you can try testing out your tournament idea without rankings and see how it goes?

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:25 am

Burn wrote:There's also something called "the Internet", I'm not sure if you guys have heard of it but some say that you can search for things online and ask questions to solve problems you may have with a certain program. MAYBE, just MAYBE, you can look up how to do those scripts online. (By the way, I don't know too much about scripts, they may be just the type of scripts that are used by TS. If you must, make new ones?)
Not that simple. It's like learning to speak a new language, you can't just do it overnight. Learning how to script properly is a process that usually takes at least a year, and that is if you're passionate about it.