Puschtras Cup - Schedule and Subscriptions

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Post Reply
Dide Dide
Community User Level: 2
Community User Level: 2
Posts: 230
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:56 am
Location: Mozambique, Maputo

Post by Dide Dide » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:11 am

How can you hate so much Rain tracks if you don't drive them?
In the 1st days that i experienced rain track's , i thinked :That type of tracks Sucks. "I hate it" :D
I did race so much that now, i like it :D
Not Like Jurgen that every time a wet race comes he goes to spectator Mode :lol:

Jurgen-NL
Community User Level: 4
Community User Level: 4
Posts: 719
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 2:18 am

Post by Jurgen-NL » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:32 pm

Dide Dide wrote:How can you hate so much Rain tracks if you don't drive them?
In the 1st days that i experienced rain track's , i thinked :That type of tracks Sucks. "I hate it" :D
I did race so much that now, i like it :D
Not Like Jurgen that every time a wet race comes he goes to spectator Mode :lol:


wtf dude? i only go spec on gpor server either if the tracks canadring (useless to drive) or monaco (a drag to drive) show up id rape you on every wet track and you know it.

dont say silly things youll regret :lol:
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!

Tijny
Community User Level: 5
Community User Level: 5
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2004 7:59 pm
Location: Netherlands

Post by Tijny » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:48 pm

Jurgen-NL wrote:wtf dude? i only go spec on gpor server either if the tracks canadring (useless to drive) or monaco (a drag to drive) show up.
Now I'd refuse to drive Monaco too, but not driving Canadring (a nice track) just because the ranking doesn't work (yet?) is just stupid. If some day soon it gets fixed, everyone will be ranked except Jurgen :D

Dide Dide
Community User Level: 2
Community User Level: 2
Posts: 230
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:56 am
Location: Mozambique, Maputo

Post by Dide Dide » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:58 pm

wtf dude? i only go spec on gpor server either if the tracks canadring (useless to drive) or monaco (a drag to drive) show up id rape you on every wet track and you know it.

dont say silly things youll regret :lol:


About Monaco, i like it --> regret the crashing :D
Canadring, : Going Spec, Omg, just because you are not receiving Points for racing :lol:
Wut are you doing is like when someone is in the Puna server, afraid to play cos you are gonna loose points.

And you say that you hate Points thing

Jurgen-NL
Community User Level: 4
Community User Level: 4
Posts: 719
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 2:18 am

Post by Jurgen-NL » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:02 pm

Dide Dide wrote:
wtf dude? i only go spec on gpor server either if the tracks canadring (useless to drive) or monaco (a drag to drive) show up id rape you on every wet track and you know it.

dont say silly things youll regret :lol:


About Monaco, i like it --> regret the crashing :D
Canadring, : Going Spec, Omg, just because you are not receiving Points for racing :lol:
Wut are you doing is like when someone is in the Puna server, afraid to play cos you are gonna loose points.

And you say that you hate Points thing


lol its not like that at all (im not winning any points or losing points diriving the track or not driving the track your example is miles off)and i dont like the shape of that track so much either.
I requested days ago to get it fixed but no reply or whatsoever ect. so why am i going to race the track then sure sometimes i drive it mostly i dont
i just dont feel like racing it when i know im not getting rewarded for it.
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!

misterpom
Community User Level: 3
Community User Level: 3
Posts: 415
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:19 pm

Post by misterpom » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:16 pm

Jurgen, don't you know some people in here think you're supposed to drive everytime, even when it's not fun for you? :lol:

User avatar
dede
Community User Level: 5
Community User Level: 5
Posts: 3314
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:29 am
Location: Milan (Italy)
Contact:

Post by dede » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:31 am

misterpom wrote:Jurgen, don't you know some people in here think you're supposed to drive everytime, even when it's not fun for you? :lol:

That's not the point. If I play a certain kind of game, I'm supposed to like it. I wouldn't play something just because there is a ranking. I play punaball for fun, and the ranking adds the right competitiveness and importance to games. I wouldn't play something I don't like just because there's a ranking involved.

This said, apparently everything is fine with Canadring, so I don't know if we'll ever find what's the bug with it..

misterpom
Community User Level: 3
Community User Level: 3
Posts: 415
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:19 pm

Post by misterpom » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:00 pm

@Dede

I get your point but you have to understand that for some people the competitiveness is what drives the fun. Jurgen has a point: why race if there is no reward for it, especially considering he doesn't like the track? Of course it would be nonsense to drive ONLY because of the ranking but it's not what he said he does.

Even if he did only drive because of ranking, he's the one who's supposed to know what's good for him or not. I don't know why so many people feel the need to criticize and offend other people when they choose not to drive certain tracks/cars/settings. Whiplash doesn't drive F1 anymore (he told me on MSN) and I don't see anyone complaining to his ears. It's his choice after all, like it's mine or Jurgen's. I don't know why people feel the need to criticize and offend other people for their choices.

We'd wish everybody would like every car/track/terrain/setting but that's not what happens in real life.

@Dide

I drove many wet races before. Depending on the setting, they're okay to drive. Not as good as dry, but okay. The idea of wet itsef is not bad. The execution is the problem. Some of the tracks are really a pain in the ass to drive because you can hardly turn the car a bit during a straight without hearing that annoying screech that makes you lose so much speed. Also, you have to break waaaaaay too early, otherwise you go out of the track and your race is over. Some people like it and some people don't. I don't, at least with this setting. That's life.

User avatar
Pingu
Community User Level: 5
Community User Level: 5
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:25 pm
Location: NETHERLANDS

Post by Pingu » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:35 pm

Also, you have to break waaaaaay too early, otherwise you go out of the track and your race is over.


Didn't you brake just in time then? And also you bragged about your english americano half brazil half americano native language skills when i made some typo's and now i see you write break lol.... typical

misterpom
Community User Level: 3
Community User Level: 3
Posts: 415
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:19 pm

Post by misterpom » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:40 pm

Pingu wrote:Didn't you brake just in time then? And also you bragged about your english americano half brazil half americano native language skills when i made some typo's and now i see you write break lol.... typical


You're right. I made a mistake. Those things happen, you know. Sometimes you go with the sound of the word. I don't know why you're so happy about that, though. I think you're just seeking my attention again. :D

Del wrote:Could just, you know, the driving in itself be the reward? The result of the race if you have to be competitive. If he really liked it I doubt he would spec just for that one race no matter how much you hate the track (and it's F1 where the tracks can't be as bad as Jn_Terra_Serpentis, Wh_Train, etc).

Maybe we think it's pretty odd/stupid/childish/x that people would choose not to do something they like because of an insignificant reason. Good for Whip if he has decided to join me in sensibleness. It could also be that he hasn't made it public and blamed lack of ranking/skill in the wet and insulted the trackmakers and others..


Sure. The race itself is the reward for me but that doesn't mean everyone has to think the same and that doesn't mean people have to take part in every race just because some people think they should.

People are supposed to do what they feel is fun for them. Also, Jurgen clearly stated that he doesn't like the shape of the track. In the end, it's HIS problem. I don't see why people have to go apeshit over other people's opinion. You like it? Drive! You don't like it? You don't drive. It's quite simple.

Who insulted the trackmakers? I didn't see that from anyone. I also didn't see anyone blaming wet races for lack of skills. I personally admitted that I suck on wet races. That's hardly blaming someone/something else. So you must be talking of someone else. :)

misterpom
Community User Level: 3
Community User Level: 3
Posts: 415
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:19 pm

Post by misterpom » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:08 pm

I get your point, Del. I just don't see why it's anyone's business if Jurgen plays a track or does not play some track for whatever reason. Why does it matter so much for people? It's his problem, isn't it? He's the one missing all the fun. People can give their opinions if they want, but the whole thing seems overblown the way I see it. It doesn't seem fair.

I didn't insult anyone on this quote of mine you posted. Also I didn't blame the track for sucking at wet races. I actually said I liked the shape of the track and that I would have probably enjoyed it if it wasn't for the pattern. It's clear I was frustrated because of the lag and the wet pattern but no one was offended or blamed on this post. One has to be really creative to be offended by this, really.

jannypan
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:52 am
Contact:

Post by jannypan » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:02 am

put me on the list!

User avatar
Lanz
Community User Level: 4
Community User Level: 4
Posts: 821
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:27 pm
Location: Innichen, Italy

Post by Lanz » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:19 pm

jannypan wrote:put me on the list!


lol! Puschtras Cup ended few months ago! but for sure you can join 2nd edition! no plan for the schedule yet probs after summer! keep your eyes open for the Turbosliders F1 League wich is coming back soon hopefully!

Post Reply