Puschtras Cup - Schedule and Subscriptions

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Jaykoq
Community User Level: 2

Post by Jaykoq » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:26 pm

Well ... sry to all who I pushed out of the track and did some illegal blocking.
Sry to dede for dissapointing result :(

Good news are that the stats are updated.
http://tinyurl.com/PuschtrasCup-OfficialStandings

Drivers standings
Teams standings
I'm a moron \o/

misterpom
Community User Level: 3

Post by misterpom » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:34 pm

Nice track. It's not really pretty to look at but it drives well. Some corners were very "cutable". I took a lot of advantadge of that on overtakes.

First race:

Warm up: Okay. I didn't get the track and I was really frustrated because when I made a mistake, I went to that cement gray thing and it would take some time to get out of. It made me decide that I should be aggressive but conservative.

Qualy: I had 7 laps trying to figure out the track. My 8th lap was my best time but still it wasn't good. I was 6th on grid but I felt I should have done more. I was disappointed but it wasn't a terrible result.

Race 1: I started race one trying to get to Etmil but I made mistakes and then I didn't see him again. After a stupid crash, Lanz passed me. I chased him and eventually I passed him. We went for the curve at the same time and he let me pass after we almost crashed. I hope I was not to crazy, Lanz. After that I had a distance to Lanz but .... I crashed again. He passed again and this time he brought a very light Kyna with him. I was between both but I was chasing Lanz again. On a straight, we all went for the curve but Kyna touched me, which made me touch Lanz and then we all passed him because of this domino thing. Kyna was much faster and I did not try to resist much, as I was afraid Lanz might pass me again. I didn't do much until the end, when in the last lap I decided it was time to go after Kina. He had very low fuel so he was much faster on straights. I was happy with my result but then in the last lap I went to attack him, thinking that maybe he would be nervous and make a mistake. He went out of the track on the last curve. Unfortunately, it was because I touched his car. So I stopped the car and let him go first, as it wouldn't be fair. Anyway, it was very nice.

Race 2: It was a very weird race. So many crashes. People were crashing everywhere everytime. Sometimes you crashed on someone and then someone else crashed on you. Just a mess. Well, at least I was able to keep on track. At first I thought I was fucked and was going to be 10th or something but I did quite well, actually. Some nice overtakes, good defense. It was impossible to pass the people who were faster on fuel than I was and also impossible to avoid a lighter Janne too. At least I was able to pass popowich and keep ahead, even he being much lighter and giving me pressure. I know that if I let him pass, I would never be able to pass again. I remember making a curve and then I was like Dede, Jurgen, Lanz and million people after popowich. I knew that if I fucked up, all those people would pass me. Fortunately, I did okay. Last laps were boring. Nice result, though.

I want to come back top top 3 but it is really hard with so many good people so light and pros being so fast even heavy. Congratulations to everyone. It's always fun racing with you all.

Bye

dede
Community User Level: 5

Post by dede » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:26 pm

Warmup
In 5 laps I managed to find a safe line. Satisfied.

Quali
I had a hard time trying to find a fast line. I needed to cut a lot, and apparently it didn't work so well in some corners. Janne and Etmil drove quick times I couldn't catch. Maybe with a couple of more laps (or less mistakes) I could've reached second starting position.

Race #1
My start was good and immediately the guy who was in 4th position lost the touch with me. After half a lap Etmil went wide so I was directly behind Janne. For some laps I managed to battle with him, but his speed in straights made the difference. I still tried to keep up with him, but that lead to many mistakes. After that I decided to complete the race without any additional risks.

Race #2
Start was quite bad, being blocked behind a guy who made a mistake. Janne gained few positions, so I thought I would've lost the race to him. But with that traffic, even Janne got blocked and I managed to pass him and a lot of other players! Too bad that I crashed and I made some mistakes, and at the end I even pushed out somebody - so I had to wait and give way again. Veeeeery bad race for me.
Last edited by dede on Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lanz
Community User Level: 4

Post by Lanz » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:26 pm

misterpom wrote: I hope I was not to crazy, Lanz.
np problem pom! one overtake from you was a bit to hard but the fuel difference between us was obviously! i let you pass because driving a defensive line would made me even slower! races were very hard for me, i only could try to stay on ideal line to avoid to much blocks from me! a lot of people was coming closer with a lighter car! so sorry if i caused some trouble! you had to risk something if you wanted to overtake, thats what i really liked about the track! qualy sucked badly! :D
7th and 8th! not bad from my point of view! i could do better speccialy in race2! crashed in last corner on last lap kapa and almost jurgen passed me there!

ballast-fuel settings for next race day:
player gets ballast in order to championship standings and he will keep it for both races of next raceday!(30.01.2011)

1. dede 60%
2. etmil 58%
3. lanz 56%
4. pom 54%
5. lux 52%
6. janne 50%
7. lirarn 48%
8. arjen 46%
9. matic 44%
10. jurgen 42%
11. ranee 40%
12. kyna 38%
13. popo 36%
14. jay 34%
15. xzeal 32%
16. max 30%
17. sejtan 28%
18. kapa 26%
19. dide 24%
20. robby 22%

players who are not listed here, get 22% of fuel for next raceday, if they show up!
Last edited by Lanz on Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jurgen-NL

Post by Jurgen-NL » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:43 pm

I dont think i will want to write my race reviews from PuschtrasCup.

Theres too much i want to write down.
This format of tournament is really interesting and with each sunday im having more fun driving in the races.
Looking at the standings (nice work jay) seeing which people have allready won a race, and who is leading who is running out from me and who i am trying to catch the next races.

What im trying to say i hope this wont be the last season of PuschtrasCup or that alot of things will change because i am very satisfied with the organization how it is done and the rules.

Nice job Lanz ^^
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:06 pm

Jurgen-NL wrote:I dont think i will want to write my race reviews from PuschtrasCup.

Theres too much i want to write down.
This format of tournament is really interesting and with each sunday im having more fun driving in the races.
Looking at the standings (nice work jay) seeing which people have allready won a race, and who is leading who is running out from me and who i am trying to catch the next races.

What im trying to say i hope this wont be the last season of PuschtrasCup or that alot of things will change because i am very satisfied with the organization how it is done and the rules.

Nice job Lanz ^^

thx! nice to hear that! 8)
i can assure you that the Puschtras Cup will come back for a 2nd edition! its actually already in progress! :D

Bubu

Post by Bubu » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:35 pm

Sign me in please :)

Kyna_musti
Community User Level: 1
Community User Level: 1

Hello

Post by Kyna_musti » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:38 am

I'm not sure could i drive next races, cause i'm moving to new apartment on friday or sunday, and i don't have network over there yet. There is some chances to me drive from someone's else computer but i'm really not sure yet.

So we'll see and good luck for everyone :)

dear Muna_Kysti

dede

Post by dede » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:17 pm

misterpom

Post by misterpom » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:07 pm

Reirom asked me again to ask Lanz to unban him for the remaining races. :lol:

My response was: I will propose a bet. If I get 1st on both races, Reirom will be unbanned. He accepted it. That shows how desperate he is, since it's obvious I won't win any race, let alone both.

What about you Lanz? If I manage to do that, would you unban the poor bastard? He loves this game, even though he am a moron. The odds are like 1 in a billion. Give Rei that chance. :lol:

Jaykoq

Post by Jaykoq » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:48 pm

I'll push everyone off the track just to make sure Pom will win the races \o/
I'm a moron \o/

dede

Post by dede » Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:57 pm

Just a question. Why do you come here asking to unban reirom? Weren't you one of those who wanted him banned from F1 League? And if not, couldn't you warn him BEFORE we decided to ban him permanently.

This said, I believe that you should stop talking about him with us.

misterpom

Post by misterpom » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:19 pm

I don't know why he was banned. He probably did something stupid on Full Contact or something. I wasn't there so I don't know. He claims he didn't do anything, which I'm sure is false. I'm not defending he didn't do anything wrong. I'd bet money he did something wrong. Still, it's been a while since he was banned. He's a fun guy to play with, so I do miss his reironisms.

Yes, I think I asked for his ban after he blocked a player (ziossi?) like an idiot many times in one of the races of last F1 Season. Still, he was banned for the rest of the season (2 races). That doesn't mean I want him to be banned forever. I don't even want Pingu banned forever and I'm sure everyone knows what I think about Pingu. If Reirom did something that serious, sure ... keep him banned. It was just an idea, really. I'm not the only one who misses the guy.

Anyway, I won't be talking about it anymore, since it offends some people so much. Gosh ...

misterpom

Post by misterpom » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:51 pm

I decided I won't take part in wet races anymore, for the simple reason it's not fun. If some people like it, that's okay. I'm pretty sure it's a minority though. For me, I only get frustrated. I quit today because I was having lags and there was no way I'd be able to drive in the rain while having lags too. It's like taking a crap while doing a hand stand and not getting dirty. Just impossible and not worth it. I would probably have quit anyway, since wet tracks are always boring.

There were wet races on F1 Season before that had a decent pattern (I think it was a Tijny one) but this one was sliding way too much. Someone exaggerated with this one. You could hardly turn the car without sliding and hearing a screech sound. It's bad because it ruined what seemed to be a very well made track. I really liked the shape of it. I hope a dry version will be released.

Please, let us know if the next races are going to be dry or wet. I'd appreciate not having to show up for nothing.

See you next time (if it's dry). :wink:

PS: For anyone who might say "stop complaining" or anything like that, I simply don't care. I know I'm not alone in this one.

GR8Arjen

Post by GR8Arjen » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:17 pm

F1 comes with dry and wet races, and I think the sliding requiers some extra skill on the throttle and braking. Because that is kind of tricky, people do make more "small" mistakes which create lots and lots more overtaking opportunities. Thats the reason why I like driving in the rain.

I do wish we could have some more "short" straights between corners, that would reduce the pushing in the corners a lot I think. Cause now everone slides from inside to outside and vice versa on the corner after that because they dont wanna give up there possition and floor down the throttle.

I enjoyed the races today, although I could have done better. Made some stupid mistakes and lost lots of places, but also did lots of overtakes so that made my race experience very enjoyable. :)

Looking forward to the video's and cya all next week! 8)

lux2

Post by lux2 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:28 pm

I love sliding race. I don't care if slippery comes from the car of from the track.
I have a lot of fun today. expecially in the second race.

Today's track was wet exactly as the ones that tijny made in the beginning of wet races.
In the last season he made a new wet terrain that was slippery on the kerbs and full antisliding in the tarmac with a lower brake power.
As he said, his track his terrain :)
I found THAT really boring. Obviously IMO.
I skipped one of those track. I did not quit at first lap.
I think that quitting before the end it's an insult to those people that could not race because there were no free spots.
Last edited by lux2 on Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jaykoq

Post by Jaykoq » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:31 pm

I can't control the weather, but I don't like to drive on rain. Maybe because I'm still not enought good on dry.

So, no comments on race, it was awful for me.

Btw, standings UPDATED!
http://tinyurl.com/PuschtrasCup-OfficialStandings

Driver standings
Team standings
I'm a moron \o/

lux2

Post by lux2 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:42 pm

Before lanz ask me for the videos when it is too late...
These are the Forst GP videos

:D

shyguy1001

Post by shyguy1001 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:48 pm

Great racing, unfortunately first race was plagued by lag, but second race was almost lag free and I won my first ever F1 official race :D Even though I had lowest fuel, I am still really happy with my result!

misterpom

Post by misterpom » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:56 pm

@GR8Arjen

I know there is wet on F1, but I don't see the cars sliding on every curve there is. Wet can be playable if the pattern is right. This time, it wasn't. It is never as good as dry in my opinion. When you slide while changing lanes on a straight, there is something wrong with the pattern.

@lux

Insult? That's makes no sense. I didn't take the spot from anyone. Who did I prevent from racing? I would happily have given my spot to this person. The problem is that nobody asked for it, because this person does not exist. Since this person doesn't exist, I could not have taken the spot from it.

Also, nobody said anything when I mentioned on the chat that I'd might quit if I get frustrated. Now it suddenly becomes an "insult"? I really like you Lux, but that made no sense at all. Anyway, I won't be quitting anymore, since I don't plan on racing on wet.

@shyguy

Congratulations. I almost got my first win on the second race, but Dede caught me. :oops:

GR8Arjen

Post by GR8Arjen » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:04 pm

Del wrote:So much for not caring, eh? @pom@Arjen: 2nd video. Be glad you CAN turn. 1st video. Are they not going incredibly slowly in the corners where they do not slide?
Ehm? You don't have to tell me this since I am not complaining. See my previous post. ;)

dede

Post by dede » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:17 pm

Well, great race. Most people do not understand that driving on rain requires a different style than driving in dry conditions. If your car slides too much, then it's your driving style that makes it slide. Rain might be bad with contacts between cars, since they are harder to control.
Racing on wet is better just because it's easier to make mistakes: even the small ones make you lose speed -> overtaking is easier.

I agree with lux that Tijny's new rain tracks are bad compared to old ones. If in old ones I make two or three mistakes per race, in new ones I hardly make mistakes! Too easy!

Warmup
This time I didn't even try the track for 1 lap (normally I do, in order to check for bugs and number of laps). But I still seemed to know it from the beginning! Good pace.

Quali
I didn't obtain any perfect lap, but I had enough gap to get pole position.

Race 1
Started in front of everybody, soon ran away, no real problems with anybody.

Race 2
After some troubles in first lap, I started my comeback. My goal was to stay in front of Etmil, and put some cars between us if possible. Shyguy was way too far to get the victory, but I enjoyed a lot coming back from 4th to 2nd! Too bad that probably Ranee lost concentration because of me. He was doing great in 2nd position, but then he finished 5th. Sorry for that.

Well, I just hope that Etmil doesn't score too many points next Sunday (I'll be away). It would be sad to lose the championship at this point ;)

misterpom

Post by misterpom » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:31 am

@Del

No, it was not my opinion. I was obviously was speaking in name of our dear lord, that lives in heaven. :roll:

LOL. Do I have to say "in my opinion" every time I give my opinion? Give me a break. If I am saying something, of course it is in my opinion. It's like if I complained you don't say "sieg heil" everytime you do one of those racist speeches on the forum. It's pointless cherry picking.

Yes, I'm not good in rain/wet and that's why, also because of lag, I left the race. I don't see what's wrong with that. I only consider myself to be a good player with F1 and on dry tracks. The rest I'm totally crap. So it's certainly not about giving excuses. I know my limitations, unlike some who think they belong to a superior race. I just have no interest really in rain. I race to try to have fun with the other guys and take part on the cup.

If someone didn't even bother to come as spec, I'm pretty sure he didn't want to race that much. Also, this is a subscription only cup. That means "no guy who found the server accidentally allowed". At least that's what the rules say.

I didn't say "OMG BAN ALL WET TRACKS". I just don't like them and I spoke about it, like did Lirarn, Etmil, xzeal, Jaykoq and others who were on the server. You weren't there, so you don't even know what I'm talking about. I know I'm not the only one and I'm sure it's indeed a minority, whatever your polls show. It's actually funny how you think you're actually going to get everyone to vote there and have the final say. The only thing I think would be fine is to be told if the track is going to be dry or wet, so to avoid the further disappointment. Keep them, but let me know at least so I don't have to show up for nothing, as all the people who hate them.

If wet is so nice, make a whole cup with these tracks. I wonder how many people would show up.

This is a game. Some people like some features, some people don't. We have to be able to discuss about it and give our opinions, because it's in the interest of the players of the game. There is a representative group who doesn't really like it but drive for the sake of driving. You can choose to ignore them or dismiss them as a whining minority. I think it hurts the game to do so.

I know I annoy some people because I write long texts and I'm always giving my opinion when most people choose not to do so, also not always what they want to hear. I say things as I see them. I love this game and I want to make it better. If I'm bothering everybody, let me know so I can just leave the community. It's better than wasting everyone's time.

Bye

Etmil

Post by Etmil » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:02 am

Hmm. I've never liked wet either, but I still drive, cause that's the only way I can get points for the championship. So I just do my best. There are some positive aspects about it, like more overtaking, slightly more mistakes by everyone, but I still very much prefer the ordinary dry race. I do feel though, that wet could be done better, so that it would be more realistic and likeable for everyone. But that's that.

About last race(s). Qualified 6th or something for the 1st race and then struggled with some very low-ballast drivers behind me. Couldn't hold on for long. Then I had battles with lux (?) and Jurgen I think. They were also lower on fuel than me, I made some mistakes as well. I hated the start/finish straight, where, if you wanted to go as left as possible (in order to take the 1st corner), the car would just go on the grass, even though I pressed the buttons to make it go to the opposite direction and have my car positioned 'straightly'. I had some real problems with that, and made many similar mistakes due to this.
In the end, I was fighting with Lirarn, eventually I got past him and then on the final lap, I decided to try some sand obviously.. and that allowed him past. In the end, finished where I started - 6th. Felt I could've done better, but what the heck. Maybe 4th position was possible with a perfect race..

2nd race was better, lots of traffic and nudging on the opening laps, but once I got past some guys I was running quite safely on 4th/5th or sth. After some time, dede came from behind with a group of other drivers. He got past me quite easily as I was just being slow and had lost my rhythm. In the end, there was a fight again with Lirarn but this time I didn't make mistakes and maintained 5th position to the chequered flag.

All in all, satisfied as I kept 2nd position in the championships. And even though dede will be away next weekend(s?), allowing me to get closer.. getting past him in championship wouldn't mean a thing, since he's gonna miss races. Ultimately, I'll just keep fighting for 2nd with Lanz.