Puschtras Cup - Schedule and Subscriptions

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Post Reply
xzeal
Community User Level: 3
Community User Level: 3
Posts: 445
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:32 am
Location: Tallinn, Estonia

Post by xzeal » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:30 pm

Wet races are otherwise fine, but the fuel ballast is supposed to shorten the gap between the best and the rest, while the rain does the opposite, so not exactly the best fit for this cup.

Dide Dide
Community User Level: 2
Community User Level: 2
Posts: 230
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:56 am
Location: Mozambique, Maputo

Post by Dide Dide » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:34 pm

xzeal wrote:Wet races are otherwise fine, but the fuel ballast is supposed to shorten the gap between the best and the rest, while the rain does the opposite, so not exactly the best fit for this cup.


Agreed :D

The rain just Makes the best come closer, because they are more skilled

misterpom
Community User Level: 3
Community User Level: 3
Posts: 415
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:19 pm

Post by misterpom » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:39 pm

Del wrote:You do seem to know everything and always have the moral upper ground so I tend to think that you think you're telling the universal truth.

You race except when you don't race when you know (from warm-up at least) that it's going to be wet and laggy and thus complete one lap and quit. wut

Of course whatever the polls show doesn't matter. To be honest I was pretty sure most would vote for "I don't care" but currently it's 5/4/0. What the poll will hopefully show is the true stance of the community on the issue. If it's overwhelmingly positive trackmakers will know that they can make a wet track once in a while without being lynched, if negative they'll think twice about it. But of course your (and a few other people's) opinion is the truth. All the participants of this cup seem to be registered here and thus have the ability to vote (though not all of them read the forums). Not voting is the same as voting "I don't care" really.

I'd rather make a cup for some other car to be honest... We've already had the F1 league, Puschtras and open season within 6 months.

Of course we have to discuss it but I don't see how your "I'm sure it's indeed a minority" contributes to the discussion one bit.

Is the last paragraph a joke or my dream come true?


I don't speak the universal truth, only my opinion. It's pointless to have to write "in my opinion" after every single phrase because someone like you might try to distort it to make me look like an arrogant "know it all" who's speaking "the universal truth", which I'm not.

Yes, I'm certainly miles above you morally speaking, since you're a racist/xenophobic person, in your own words. Not only me, but any person who doesn't share those hateful views.

You're going to press the same "your opinion is the truth" key. That only makes you look pathetic, since I never said it myself. It's funny because when I accuse you of something (like being racist), I have proof of it. You should do the same and find the quote where I affirm my opinion is absolute truth.

You talk of lag as if it was something that was absolute. If you had read this topic, you would have seen that Shyguy had his first race ruined because of lag and then he had a lagless second race, which he won. He's certainly more patient than I am and also a better player in rain, so he deserved it for his perseveration. I'm not that patient and I don't have fun on wet races, so when I knew there was not going to be playable, I quit. There is no justifiable argument against it, really. It's about fun. Not having fun? Quit. It's that simple. Just look at the replay and you will realize how laggy it was for me. Also, it's funny that the whole "you got someone's spot" argument is now being totally ignored now, as if it was never made.

Your argument is based on the misguided notion that everyone will see the topic. Also, I'm sure you're telling people to vote there so I look bad, which is your only purpose in here. It's not coincidence you come up after every topic to try to dismiss what I say, even an innocent "what country has the prettiest women". Now that's desperate.

Cut the crap. You're not in the least interested in making this game experience better, you only want to make me look bad because I denounced your racist rants and that pissed you off, as you feel you should be able to offend other people's race and nationality freely on a private forum. Now you and Pingu seize every opportunity to flame me. Unfortunately for you, it's not working.

User avatar
Pingu
Community User Level: 5
Community User Level: 5
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:25 pm
Location: NETHERLANDS

Post by Pingu » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:08 pm

Omg Pom, seriously, go to another forum or something. Also very sellfish of you to say , ah no fun, iam to far behind because of lag, lets quit. Yes quiters are fun for the rest, ldo. This is how F1 2010 online is ruined. Because everyone quits if they crash. Thanks to people with lazy morals like you.

misterpom
Community User Level: 3
Community User Level: 3
Posts: 415
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:19 pm

Post by misterpom » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:26 pm

LOL if it's not Batman and Robin again.

@Pingu

Pingu talking about morals is quite a joy to see. The same guy who lied to the whole forum about having a little brother who was using his account, before being exposed by dede, iBlaze and others. Haha. Does your morals include using a disguise such as PurplePapangus to play against the rules and not be punished? Maybe your brother's moral. Pingu, always being an ass and always being caught. :lol:

@Del

You admitted you're flaming me, so I don't see why I should even insist talking some sense to your narrow minded racist head. Keep yourself locked in your aryan community to keep the purity of your race. :roll:

This topic is not about immigration. If you want to open a debate on another thread I might (just might) take you seriously and consider debating the issue.

We should stop polluting the thread, really. Soon enough people will come and be pissed off at us. So, I'll only debate the cup in here from now on.

Dide Dide
Community User Level: 2
Community User Level: 2
Posts: 230
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:56 am
Location: Mozambique, Maputo

Post by Dide Dide » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:44 pm

Cmon!!!

Stop that non-sense thing about, racism, xeno...., blablabla, Everytime i see a post like that i just skip it.

The Problem is that you guys Just wanna include that in every treat that exists

Let's see as an Example:

- What country has the prettiest women? the topic was to vote about only that, and you guys ruined, discriminating, taking about this endless things.

-wut does Puschtras Cup has to do with that, pls...

I would say to Open a racist/xenophobic/whatever Topic, but who wants that, is annoying, i dont care!!!

If you guys wanna keep a Discussion About that,
I know a Program called MSN you guys can talk there until you guys get tired.
Makes me remember years ago something like 2001 or 2002, i dont rember well, when i played games,chat's online, there were people who asked me "When Did you stole your Pc" i just lol so much, and ignore!

For me i just want to have Fun

Jurgen-NL
Community User Level: 4
Community User Level: 4
Posts: 719
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 2:18 am

Post by Jurgen-NL » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:23 pm

Dide Dide wrote:Makes me remember years ago something like 2001 or 2002, i dont rember well, when i played games,chat's online, there were people who asked me "When Did you stole your Pc" i just lol so much, and ignore!

For me i just want to have Fun


ROFLMAO :lol: :lol:

I agree with the other part of the qoute dide wrote aswell if you guys constantly make huge posts in a topic that hardly concerns the matter open a new topic tittled ''bitch fight'' or go on MSN.
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!

Lirarn
Community User Level: 1
Community User Level: 1
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:46 am

Post by Lirarn » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:24 pm

Hello guys,

I thought it was time for me to share "my" opinion of the F1 race last weekend and the cup in general. (plus i have a boring time at work and have time to write something)

Regarding the F1 cup. I think it´s a great cup and fun to race these F1 cars. The extra 2nd race (reverse starting order) + the special "handicap" fuel setting is an extra boost for the cup, which in my opinion is making it even more fun to race this cup. I also like the fact that we dont have to wank a week on a track before the cup.
I hope this kind of F1 cup´s can be raced more often. I appreciate everybody that is investing time to make this cup possible.

Now to what i think can be improved.
- For next cup, maybe the fuel setting can be adjusted and set with even more difference between each driver. This will make the cup even more close. 2% difference cant even Dede feel or see a laptime difference on. 5-10% difference can make racing and the cup even more interesting for everybody. I think even Dede would find the racing more interesting then when its more close and he need to fight more often for his wins..:)
- RAIN races....take away, modify the handling of the cars in rain or make an own rain F1 cup.

As many people here probobly already know, i really don´t like these "wet" races. In my opinion it should even not be called wet race. The car is acting completely the opposite to a "real F1" car in wet. The behaviour of the car in "wet" doesn´t make sense AT ALL. Understeering in slow corners? steering and drifting in fast corner? simulation of aquaplanning in slow corners but not in high-speed corners? brake working just as good in wet as in dry? no way to spin-off?
The driving handling dont make sense at all. I mean this is my problem. Driving in the grass and spinning off is more realistic to normal wet races and more fun then this... (alittle bit exaggerated maybe..:)

It should not be called "dry race - wet race" it should be "normal race - science fiction or stupid race".

I understand why it is included in the cup and i think its a good idea to simulate "real F1" and that the races sometime is dry, and sometime its wet. But this is not working in my opinion as it is now. I think that if the wet race would be more realistic and not any science-fiction F1 handling, it could be fun and maybe work.

This is just my opinion and i respect if people would like to race in this wet thing as it is now. But then i would say exactly like Misterpoom, that please announce if it will be wet or not, because then i don´t have to plan in to race that sunday if wet is planned, beacause it was a major disippointment yesterday.

The F1 cars was the only reason why i even made an comeback to this game after not racing for 3-4 years. For me the F1 cars in dry is the most fun i have ever had in TS, and F1 in wet is the most boring, worse then Spinner car... That´s why i don´t think we should mix them together. If we can make both of them just as fun but with different handling, then what a great cup!

Btw, thanks to Etmil yesterday for making the racing at least alittle bit exciting:)

Keep up the great work!

Also, when it comes to women, my country "Sweden" has the best women (no further discussion needed), and when it comes to them i would rather have them wet then dry...:D

misterpom
Community User Level: 3
Community User Level: 3
Posts: 415
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:19 pm

Post by misterpom » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:48 pm

Lirarn wrote:It should not be called "dry race - wet race" it should be "normal race - science fiction or stupid race".


Hahahahahaha. Lirarn am funny total.

PS: Forget whatever I said and just read his post. I subscribe to his opinion. :lol:

User avatar
Lanz
Community User Level: 4
Community User Level: 4
Posts: 821
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:27 pm
Location: Innichen, Italy

Post by Lanz » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:41 pm

wow! this is getting ridiculous!
i mean how hard is it to accept something! this race was wet! and????????? im pissed off right now! you guys am disrespecting! am i going to criticize every little bit of other cups, tracks because i dont like them? no! thats not gentleman at all! and why i dont do it, because i know how much work it takes to make such an event happen! and im not talking about hours and still im not doing it alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the whole skipping thing is just ignorant!
strange that we heard nothing in F1 League where this all started, a cup with way more prestige then mine! thats why i was thinking that its a good thing to includ it, excepting the standpoint that i love the rain!
i know that i cant make a track/cup that everbody loves, thats just not possible, but still im trying it!

Dide Dide
Community User Level: 2
Community User Level: 2
Posts: 230
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:56 am
Location: Mozambique, Maputo

Post by Dide Dide » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:50 pm

F1 car am Total Fun!!!

As we see, we all like Dry races. iS Fine!!!

Now, we need better Wet races, or better rain terrains.
So gives ideias wut you would like to be better :D

The Most annyoying thing in a rain is using sand as shortcurt!!!

User avatar
dede
Community User Level: 5
Community User Level: 5
Posts: 3314
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:29 am
Location: Milan (Italy)
Contact:

Post by dede » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:56 pm

Well lanz, we have to live with it. I believe that playing TS is fun. It doesn't make difference if you are driving a spinner or a F1 car, wet or dry tracks, ghost or nonghost, rough or gentlemen rules. It's fun, pure fun. There are some things I like and some I don't like, but I play them all.

Of course wet races aren't real rain, but it's just something that might be close to that with some imagination. If you expect the car to behave exactly like in reality, then it's shit. If you play it trying to find the right way of driving, then I believe that it's very funny. Call it wet, call it fantasy-tarmac.. Just learn to drive there like you do with new cars.

misterpom
Community User Level: 3
Community User Level: 3
Posts: 415
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:19 pm

Post by misterpom » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:22 pm

Lanz, you have no reason at all to take this personally. No one here is criticizing you or the cup itself. I've made many compliments about the cup and you can read them on previous messages. Also did Lirarn on his last post. The only thing is that some people do not enjoy wet races, especially with this terrible pattern. It's a matter of opinion, really.

Why should anyone drive a race they think is boring or not fun at all? It makes no sense. That's not disrespectful at all. When you choose certain cars/tracks/settings, you are appealing to a certain public in expense of some other public. That's only natural. Some people prefer F1 car and some prefer default cars. In the same way, some people prefer dry and some prefer wet. You can't mix both and expect everyone to like it, really.

We're all adults in here (except maybe for Pingu and Del) so we can give and take criticisms. I've complimented the track itself. Like I said, I really liked the shape. So it's not about your efforts as a trackmaker but the rather unfortunate pattern chosen. It ruined it. I had fun with a different pattern Tijny once had. This one is way exaggerated. You could barely turn the car without hearing a screech. It becomes old very quick. It's just not worth it, really. Is it too much to ask to change it a bit? Keep the concept, change the stats.

It's not like it's just some annoying n00bs players complaining. Etmil, Lirarn and me are certainly no n00bs when it comes to F1, really.

I like the "song" you're playing, but the "instrument" is out of tune. That's all.

Do not feel offended.

Dide Dide
Community User Level: 2
Community User Level: 2
Posts: 230
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:56 am
Location: Mozambique, Maputo

Post by Dide Dide » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:29 pm

I'm not complaining, i am just telling wut i would want to improved in the next's events :D

i Dont know others xD

User avatar
Jaykoq
Community User Level: 2
Community User Level: 2
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:11 am
Location: Dugo Selo, Croatia

Post by Jaykoq » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:50 pm

Every time I see Arjen and his Team FUNgus lines ...
... I hear this song in my head
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnsfRWaDL-E

\o/
I'm a moron \o/

GR8Arjen
Community User Level: 3
Community User Level: 3
Posts: 338
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:30 pm

Post by GR8Arjen » Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:31 am

Haha! :D

User avatar
Pingu
Community User Level: 5
Community User Level: 5
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:25 pm
Location: NETHERLANDS

Post by Pingu » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:33 am

@Pom; let bygones be bygones, you are a brazilian scrub that surely lives in the past.

User avatar
Lanz
Community User Level: 4
Community User Level: 4
Posts: 821
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:27 pm
Location: Innichen, Italy

Post by Lanz » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:47 pm

sorry for my little lashing out! 8)

ballast-fuel settings for next race day:
player gets ballast in order to championship standings and he will keep it for both races of next raceday!(06.02.2011)

1. dede 60%
2. etmil 58%
3. lanz 56%
4. lux 54%
5. lirarn 52%
6. jurgen 50%
7. arjen 48%
8. pom 46%
9. ranee 44%
10. matic 42%
11. janne 40%
12. popo 38%
13. xzeal 36%
14. jay 34%
14. dide 34%
16. kyna 30%
17. max 28%
17. sejtan 28%
19. shy 24%
20. kapa 22%

players who are not listed here, get 22% of fuel for next raceday, if they show up!

User avatar
shyguy1001
Community User Level: 5
Community User Level: 5
Posts: 1111
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:35 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Post by shyguy1001 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:30 pm

Haha awesome, so I only get 2% from last time? Hopefully I can get another win then :D

User avatar
Lanz
Community User Level: 4
Community User Level: 4
Posts: 821
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:27 pm
Location: Innichen, Italy

Post by Lanz » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:39 pm

shyguy1001 wrote:Haha awesome, so I only get 2% from last time? Hopefully I can get another win then :D


thats because you never played before! ballast is based on championship standings! if you win another for sure it goes way up! :D

User avatar
shyguy1001
Community User Level: 5
Community User Level: 5
Posts: 1111
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:35 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Post by shyguy1001 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:14 pm

But surely it resets for season 2?

User avatar
Lanz
Community User Level: 4
Community User Level: 4
Posts: 821
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:27 pm
Location: Innichen, Italy

Post by Lanz » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:46 pm

shyguy1001 wrote:But surely it resets for season 2?


of course!

Post Reply