Race of Champions

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Lanz
Community User Level: 4

Race of Champions

Post by Lanz » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:25 pm

what you guys think about this?

at first i wanted to includ it in Puschtras Cup2 as Show Event but Arjen brought up the idea to make some kind of Race of Champions! maybe with 3 different cars(f1, anti,?), with k.o. system! i think this could be a nice competition! as you can see both drivers drive on same track and same direction! easiest way to make sure that conditions for both are the same! problem is that we dont get an overall laptime because you have to pass the finish line twice to make a full lap! but hey, time doesnt matter when we drive with k.o. system! we only get an overall time 6laps=3full laps! also good that more players then 20 can join! how many specs can join a full server? 20? that would be awesome! admin could tell them to join and by typing /startpos easialy define next pair!
so?

Tijny
Community User Level: 5

Post by Tijny » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:53 pm

Nice, I always love to watch this on TV. :) I disagree with using F1 cars for this though, because they require a specific set of terrains that are so different from default terrains that it simply wouldn't work.
I also imagine that it could be very hard to create tracks for this in such a way that shortcutting isn't possible, I guess that might be the biggest obstacle here.

lux2
Community User Level: 2

Post by lux2 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:17 pm

I think it's a nice idea but... only theoretically.
I mean that it is out of my mind to be a spec while other people play.

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:56 pm

Tijny wrote:Nice, I always love to watch this on TV. :) I disagree with using F1 cars for this though, because they require a specific set of terrains that are so different from default terrains that it simply wouldn't work.

? can you explain me this? other colortable or what? i tried with rdp anti and its working i think! and not possible to make an extra version for default cars since you have to restart server anyway for new car?

Tijny wrote:I also imagine that it could be very hard to create tracks for this in such a way that shortcutting isn't possible, I guess that might be the biggest obstacle here.

most of people watch races in spec mod anyway so its very hard for cheaters! also i wanted to make the asphalt outside the track with the properties of sand, if thats possible? its looking better than if i put normal sand in it! :D
also i still can change the track and put some walls in it but thats not the plan! since you have to get the 2nd control point near the 46! that of course exclude some shortcuts!
and i heard about the zoom! :D

@lux: you dont want to spend maybe 2hours in 1year to find out whos the champ because you have to watch other people play! cmon! better then playing nothing or offline! :D [/quote]

GR8Arjen
Community User Level: 3

Post by GR8Arjen » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:57 pm

Well, if your still in the running and not knocked out, it is just waiting till your called to race the next round. These "matches" won't take so long, so if the schedule is hold tight, things can go kind of quickly. Perhaps we can do the first round on a time schedule so people can join the server a bit later.

For example:

21:00 Lanz vs Arjen
21:05 Lux vs Popowitch
21:10 Janne vs Mike Nike
etc.

This way you don't have to watch all those "matches" Just make sure you join in time when it is your turn ;)

After the first round, half of the players are elliminated, so that would speed things up a lot I recon.

Besides, I won't think spectating would be a borring thing to do, cause we can ofcourse chat with each other between races. I think this could be a very fun night with lots of action, and laughs. 8)

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:05 pm

Lanz wrote:
Tijny wrote:Nice, I always love to watch this on TV. :) I disagree with using F1 cars for this though, because they require a specific set of terrains that are so different from default terrains that it simply wouldn't work.

? can you explain me this? other colortable or what? i tried with rdp anti and its working i think! and not possible to make an extra version for default cars since you have to restart server anyway for new car?
No, it has nothing to do with color tables - it's all about the terrain definitions. When you drive an F1 track with AntiSlider and you go off-track, you will be instantly glued to the sand in a way that would piss off even the most cheerful person. The opposite is true for F1 cars on default terrains - you can just shortcut everywhere without slowing down at all.

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:11 pm

Del wrote:I wouldn't use the F1 either as a good F1 track would probably be boring with stock cars and a good stock car track would probably not suit F1s very well. Anti would be an obvious choice but I'd suggest either a rally car (used in the RoC too), kart or (Easy)Slider (buggy substitutes). Also it's very possible to make a track where the cars run parallel to each other and not opposite like this which is how RoC works. I don't think cheaters would be a problem because as has been said before there'd be people watching all the time. Great idea I say. I've even tried to make a track but then got fed up because I kept running out of space.
Agreed 110%. About the cheating thing, you're right that it probably wouldn't be a big deal, but I for one wouldn't like to see lap records get cheated. The fastest possible route should be what the trackmaker intended, which is possible with decent track design like you said.

Dide Dide

Post by Dide Dide » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:14 pm

Awesome!

Jurgen-NL

Post by Jurgen-NL » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:05 pm

you can use the TSB-F1-2 if you would really like to include an F1 car in it i suppose those cars were made for the default tracks and TSB tracks which has those terrains.

idea seems nice ^^
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:25 am

i was able to fix laptime bug! nice! i also changed it a bit but see yourselves! i uploaded it so you guys can test it too! i tried with f1,anti and kart and its not that bad from my point of view!

edit: ehm! i put tiles in a folder so you maybe cant open the track! just cut or copy them to other track datas if you have that problem! was a bit late yeaterday! :D

Jaykoq

Post by Jaykoq » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:01 pm

Nice idea :D

I can already see excel sheet with standings for this xD
I'm a moron \o/

misterpom

Post by misterpom » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:33 pm

When I read "race of champions" I thought ...

DEDE VS DEDE

:lol:

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:38 pm

I made an experimental track for this, it can be downloaded here.
I also made some car prototypes that could work well on tracks like these, maybe I'll release those later tonight.

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:42 pm

O man, add this track to Full Contact!

Kuite
Community User Level: 1
Community User Level: 1

Post by Kuite » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:54 pm

Whiplash wrote:O man, add this track to Full Contact!

+1

Jaykoq

Post by Jaykoq » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:11 pm

Will we drive for countries or individual (or both?)
I'm a moron \o/

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:13 am

very nice T! i like to see that this idea is in good progress!
getting one of the bosses is always a good sign! :D this idea is just to awesome to throw it into the bucket! like Arjen said this could be a very good an funny night! excited about the new cars! :D
i kinda miss the flair of a RoC on your track and i think its a bit to big but all in all way better then mine!

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:09 am

Lanz wrote:i kinda miss the flair of a RoC on your track and i think its a bit to big but all in all way better then mine!
Yes, I agree that the RoC vibe is missing. Building sceneries has sort of become a routine for me, but the problem with that is that all my tracks look the same. :D

Here's a Buggy prototype that I made. Its driving is kind of like a Slider/EasySlider hybrid, except that I like my buggy better than either of them. :P

Dide Dide

Post by Dide Dide » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:21 am

Tijny wrote:
Lanz wrote:i kinda miss the flair of a RoC on your track and i think its a bit to big but all in all way better then mine!
Yes, I agree that the RoC vibe is missing. Building sceneries has sort of become a routine for me, but the problem with that is that all my tracks look the same. :D

Here's a Buggy prototype that I made. Its driving is kind of like a Slider/EasySlider hybrid, except that I like my buggy better than either of them. :P

It's is a Huge car :D 2x or 3 times Antislider Size
Last edited by Dide Dide on Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rendy Andrian

Post by Rendy Andrian » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:58 am

Tijny wrote:Image

I made an experimental track for this, it can be downloaded here.
I also made some car prototypes that could work well on tracks like these, maybe I'll release those later tonight.
Actually I did made a super special track called "Super SS", and it's a track where tarmac and gravel terrains are present, though that track of mine isn't as good as yours (you can tell by how crap the things like walls and the bridge are, and also its square-like layout)

Edit: LINK HERE

While for the buggy car itself, I think you should shrinken it a little more, or maybe make a buggy like that in a size of the normal cars. That would be great. Looking forward for this project :)
Last edited by Rendy Andrian on Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
RACING SINCE 2007
OFFICIAL SITE - BLOG - TWITTER

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:43 am

Rendy Andrian wrote:While for the buggy car itself, I think you should shrinken it a little more, or maybe make a buggy like that in a size of the normal cars. That would be great. Looking forward for this project :)
Hell naw, I like its size, there's a nice level of detail in the image this way. Also, give me one good reason why every car should be exactly the size of the default cars.

Bah, you people are just too conservative.

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:58 am

i think too thats not to big, it fits perfect for this kind of track!

Rendy Andrian

Post by Rendy Andrian » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:20 am

Well, if that's your decision, it's okay. I like the size whatever it looks like. Good luck on making another RoC tracks.

Speaking of RoC tracks, I wrote "LINK LATER" stuff because I wrote that message on mobile. As promised, you can get my Super SS track on the last post that I've updated. (after Tijny's post) :)
RACING SINCE 2007
OFFICIAL SITE - BLOG - TWITTER