Fun Races

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

GR8Arjen
Community User Level: 3

Post by GR8Arjen » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:20 pm

Well, sun 19.00 is ok for me, weekdays aint!

I work in 2 shifts, so it would mean I could only join once every 2 weeks

misterpom

Post by misterpom » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:31 pm

I like very much the idea of Sunday 19. It gives me time to play and then watch some soccer on TV. :lol:

Weekday is an impossibility for me, because I work. I might quit if someone is interested in paying me to play Sliders, though. No promises of any return. :roll:

Jaykoq
Community User Level: 2

Post by Jaykoq » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:06 am

Ah, 19.00hCET is perfect time for me to go out and play some football (football like soccer, not football like wannabe-american-rugby).
Looks like I will post off that time for 20.00 :P (means, I'll go outside after FunRace :D)

But ok, schedule the race whenever you want, I'm home all day (since my faculty is over) ... ;)
I'm a moron \o/

pablinho15

Post by pablinho15 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:32 pm

25.300 pb =/

Lanz
Community User Level: 4

Post by Lanz » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:39 pm

ok then Sunday 19:00CET!

dede
Community User Level: 5

Post by dede » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:04 pm

I won't be home until 20:30, so I'll skip this race as well gdamned.. I'll upload track & update sources.. have fun!

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:04 pm

little reminder, FUN race starts in 1 hour!

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:44 pm

damn what a shitty race! i got lapped!wtf! and even popo beated me! :?

Quali

Race

FUN RACE#11
Sunday 10.07.2011 19:00CET!

Car: TSE-F1beta2c
Warm up: 10laps/fuel off
Quali: 10laps/fuel off/ghost on
Race: 30laps/fuel off

Track:
TSE_Eisenstadt
http://www.turbosliders.com/view_track.php?id=747

Lap Times

cya on practice server!

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:45 pm

good race today apart from 3 mistakes wich cost me the possibility to fight with Pablito for the podium! i only did 20 laps for preparation, im starting to get lazy, but i knew that on such a nice and well known track i dont need that much to get some good rythm! getting 2nd in quali still was a nice surprise! again i screwed it in race!

Quali

Race

GR8Arjen

Post by GR8Arjen » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:32 pm

Crapy qualy, crapy race. In the end I was slowly getting into a rythem on the track and got some of my speed back. (Half a second faster then my quali time) I then had a nice run towards Dide Dide but came one lap short to overtake him.

I just missed out warm-up and since we normaly have multiple ones, I got a bit pissed when we directly went to quali. I mean why the rush??? Then after quali the person (Lexx) that demanded the speed up (using as excuse the sentence: "We all have lives you know") requests a smoke break.

How fair is that? Only a selfish person demands people to speed up, and then let's them wait for there one needs.

I have no problems with a smoke break, since I like to have a smoke after quali aswell. Why? because it is also fun to have this short moment of chat with all the players. The atmosphere is always great, and I simply don't understand why we have to rush things. Were having fun. Rushing aint fun.

The entire event takes about an hour, you know that in advance.

Anyway, If people realy want to have a quicky, I think we can have an easy sollution for this. We open the server at 18:45 - 19:10 for warm up and quali starts at 19:15 sharp. Race starts at 19:30 sharp.

If rules are needed, then rules thou shalt have. ;)

Tell me what you guys think about a schedule like this, for the people that seems are in a hurry, and like a schedule to plan there evening better.

Lexx

Post by Lexx » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:56 am

I just missed out warm-up and since we normaly have multiple ones, I got a bit pissed when we directly went to quali.
Your problem - Arrive earlier then.
Then after quali the person (Lexx) that demanded the speed up (using as excuse the sentence: "We all have lives you know") requests a smoke break.
Exactly, I request a smokebreak. I could also just say 'READY' and throw away my cigarrete. I'm not an admin in F1 fun races, so honestly, if the race starts I'll just put it off. I just asked for it.
How fair is that? Only a selfish person demands people to speed up, and then let's them wait for there one needs.
You goddamn hypocrit, you wanted another warm-up while others didn't. How is that not selfish?
Arjen, you am a crybaby.

GR8Arjen

Post by GR8Arjen » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:07 am

Lexx wrote: Your problem - Arrive earlier then.
Yes my problem indeed. But requested another warm like we have normaly, and you were the one and only one that didn't like the idea because you were in a rush or something.
Exactly, I request a smokebreak. I could also just say 'READY' and throw away my cigarrete. I'm not an admin in F1 fun races, so honestly, if the race starts I'll just put it off. I just asked for it.
So did I for the normal extra warm up. Do you see the diffrence?

Warm up, for all , but noooooo, not a good idea, because YOU were in a hurry, and then a smoke, because YOU are seemingly not in a hurry.

Your a joke if you act like that m8.
You goddamn hypocrit, you wanted another warm-up while others didn't. How is that not selfish?
Arjen, you am a crybaby.
While others didint? Who? I only can recall you, and for what reason? So you have more time for a smoke? Dude, it's a fun race, no rush! Please understand that. We always had multiple warm ups in the past, and the event always takes about an hour. So don't blame me of being a hypocrite while you are the biggest one of the evening.

Last week I was late, didn't had a warm up and did well,

I still didn't like the rush of things, but didn't complain, cause I was late.

My fault.

So to get constructive, I proposed the above schedule idea. So that means I want to improve the shit instead of being a 16 year old calling someone a crybaby.

I hope you have some good idea's aswell to improve this FUN unofficial racing F1 Cup Lexx because, although we share nationality, were now not in one line, wich is a pitty athleast to be honest.

misterpom

Post by misterpom » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:29 am

Come on guys, this AM a fun race. :lol:

I keep oversleeping and missing races. I should stop being a lazy bastard.

Anyway, can I suggest the next race?

If so, I want Yax Island. I know it's kind of hard for most people not to hit the wall but this is what would be fun. Qualy would be every exciting with people going to the edge and almost hitting the wall.

Yax Island, please? :D

I will definitely race it.

Lexx

Post by Lexx » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:15 am

I wasn't the only one Arjen. Also, after Qual we always have a moment of relaxing. You just can't stand the fact that you wanted an extra warm-up, you didn't get it, I wanted a smokebreak and I did get it. Also, I doubt if we were waiting for me, after checking the log-files no one really cared and we started 2 minutes after I said; I'm done with my cig.
So to get constructive, I proposed the above schedule idea. So that means I want to improve the shit instead of being a 16 year old calling someone a crybaby.
I just turned 13 :oops:
I hope you have some good idea's aswell to improve this FUN unofficial racing F1 Cup Lexx because, although we share nationality, were now not in one line, wich is a pitty athleast to be honest.
Let me say 1 thing, I honestly don't give a crap if we share the same nationality. OT: I don't really see what should change in FUN races, except kicking the idiots out of course. Timeschedule would only make things complicated, and will make you rush. Now it's more relaxed, we wait on eachother to have smokebreaks etc. ;)

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:46 pm

some nice catfight here! :D
just relax guys! it took us only 45 min yesterday wich is to short from my point of view! its for sure the best hour in the week and we should at least try to have some FUN and not argue about a total nonsense thing! i dont like tight schedules and i dont think we had ever problems with that except for once were dede was missed! so i will change nothing because its not needed at all! its not true that we always had multiple warm ups! it only depends on what time we open the server, but when FUN Race starts we always had 1 warm up(10laps)! in this particular case i opened the server a bit earlier to do some 5 laps "warm up"! then dede arrived and he took control over the race but i forgot to tell him that i changed the number of laps due to that 1 "warm up" we did! so we did only 5 laps in the official warm up but we changed the quali laps to 12 as some kind of compromise! so you got 2 laps more Arjen, i dont see your problem! :D also i dont see a problem if we try to stick to 1hour! since we´re having a good time we dont need to hurry things up!

@pom: sure yax?????? :D
np for me!

FUN RACE#12
Sunday 17.07.2011 19:00CET!

Race: 30laps/fuel off

Track:
TSE_Yax_Island
http://www.turbosliders.com/view_track.php?id=770

Lap Times

cya on practice server!

misterpom

Post by misterpom » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:26 am

30 laps and I did 35.175. It's a bad time for me. I think I can go much faster. I keep hitting the walls. That's why Qualy will be insane. :lol:

I like this track a lot anyway. Thanks, Lanz.

[siLciR]

Post by [siLciR] » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:35 pm

i'll try to make a comeback this sunday. Of course for the win.

dede

Post by dede » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:43 pm

[siLciR] wrote:i'll try to make a comeback this sunday. Of course for the win.
Forget it :)

[siLciR]

Post by [siLciR] » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:25 pm

it depends on how well the first lap goes...

crashing in this circuit = death sentence.

dede

Post by dede » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:01 pm

misterpom

Post by misterpom » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:07 pm

Shit, I'm so frustrated. LOL.

This is the third race in a row that I miss a fun race, I think. I got the schedule all wrong. I thought the race was going to be one 3pm in here and it was 2pm. My fault for not reading it correctly.

Sorry Lanz. I picked the track and I didn't appear. I feel like a drunk man who missed his daughter's wedding and went to the bar or something. :oops:

JonnO

Post by JonnO » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:53 pm

Well, 2 races today and both I failed, can't make next weeks F1 race or the week after as I'm on holiday, but when I next can, I'l have you all! ...... :twisted:

misterpom

Post by misterpom » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:36 am

I know I probably have no say on the picking of the next track since I picked the last one and did not even appear due to confusion with time zones but I'd like to suggest this track anyway:

TSE_Putrington by lux.

http://www.turbosliders.com/view_track.php?id=785

We never played it on the F1 season because it was previously released and F1 season only accepted unreleased tracks. When I mentioned this track people said it was too long also. It is but I think it's worth it all the way. I think it's easily one of the best tracks I've ever played because it's not always obvious and some parts are tricky without being annoying. I did a 10 lapper to see if it still holds and it does. It was never played and people didn't wank it, so it's a pretty much fresh and "all new" track.

End of propaganda :lol:

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:19 pm

FUN RACE#13
Sunday 24.07.2011 19:00CET!

Race: 25laps/fuel off

Track:
TSE_Putrington
http://www.turbosliders.com/view_track.php?id=785

Lap Times

cya on practice server!

misterpom

Post by misterpom » Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:18 am

A suggestion for time zone problems.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/f ... p1=37&ah=1

This link shows the time for an event for most of the big capitals of world. So I'd suggest using this. I used 19:00 in Berlin. I just click the link and there it is! Starts 2pm and ends 3pm for Rio de Janeiro, my city. I will post it on Fun Race topic to see if people like it.

To create it you go on World Clock > Event Time Announcer.

PS: Thanks Lanz, you am total awesome DUDE.