Fun Races

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

GR8Arjen
Community User Level: 3

Post by GR8Arjen » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:10 am

Sorry for missing the last race,

I was attending the Super League Formula race In Zolder Belgium,
(Great event, a bit rain, but a proper crowd, proper drivers and races, so it was great FUN)

I will be here next race though so beware :D

Hevonen
Community User Level: 2

Post by Hevonen » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:19 pm

0.003 slower than Mister Pom :(

Lanz
Community User Level: 4

Post by Lanz » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:25 pm

Hevonen wrote:0.003 slower than Mister Pom :(
+0.001 more! :( :D

Hevonen

Post by Hevonen » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:19 am

:D

lux2

Post by lux2 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:13 pm

Since this track has a very poor quality tile, here you find a slightly better tile with smooth lines and a light sand (so, obstcles are more visible).

putrington tile

Download it and substitute your old one.

misterpom

Post by misterpom » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:26 am

I don't think I can get under 68.000. Maybe some pro can do it. I can't.

dede
Community User Level: 5

Post by dede » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:30 am

I'm not sure if I can be home by 19:00, so please start without me. I should be able to join the race though ;)

misterpom

Post by misterpom » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:35 pm

Something tells me Lanz will not let me pick tracks again. :lol:

Warm up was nice. I thought I had a decent lap with 68.5 and then Jormelli did 68.1 which I felt was really sick. I went to qualy having his time as a reference.

Qualy was really weird. I was making mistakes all the time and I didn't have a clean lap. 68.9 was the best I had. I saw Lanz making 67.9 and I knew I had to push harder if I wanted to be even close to him. The problem is that it's a reall unrelenting track. If you f*** up, you f*** up all the way. So I went to the last lap thinking it was all or nothing. In the middle of the last lap I knew it was a good lap but I wasn't sure if it was good enough pole position. My heart was pumping like crazy and I was afraid I was going to crash anytime, which fortunately didn't happen. I got a really good lap: 68.799 and got the pole. It was very epic. 9 shitty laps and 1 brilliant lap. I can't say it was much different from my race, except that in the race it was like 14 shitty laps and 4 good laps. LOL.

In race I had a personal battle with Lanz to see who would make the most mistakes and crash the most. Fortunately he won. I got 4th, which is a really bad result considering how fast I can go on the track. I had a lot of fun anyway, even crashing on the first lap like a retarded n00b. Lion of fast lap I'll always be, I guess. :?

I don't know why people hated the track so much. I think it's a very challenging track. People are used to easier and shorter tracks, I guess. I don't see why someone would hate this. This track has everything, it is like a roller coaster and you have to really be on the top of your game or be calm, both hard to do.

Congratulations for Whiplash. I guess it was boring for him. Not for me, even thought I did bad. :)

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:45 pm

cmon! just can´t believe it! no pro around and still im not able to take the chance to win this wich of course im able to! race started bad, it was dinner time and my dad made me almost miss the start of the race! i loosed some position but it got even worst! someone put me in the tyres and i was last already after 2nd corner! from that on i pushed to much wich lead into some more mistakes instead of driving just in race mood! i always want to much thats why im crashing all the time! in first Fun races i always had some nice race pace, im afraid im loosing that! it seems to get worst week after week!:x congratz to wippe!

Quali

Race

dede

Post by dede » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:47 pm

F***.. no way to come back in time.. Too bad, I loved the track and I really wanted to join the race! :(

lux2

Post by lux2 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:23 pm

Race was a Whip domination.
Any other player could finish in second place. Too many mistakes for all.

About the track, since I am the moron who designed it, I have to say that I hate it in its present configuration. I like the shape but the obstacles are really too close to the track.
It's not fun to crash continuosly into the tyres. It would be better to be slowed down by the sand.

GR8Arjen

Post by GR8Arjen » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:46 pm

lux2 wrote:I have to say that I hate it in its present configuration. I like the shape but the obstacles are really too close to the track.
It's not fun to crash continuosly into the tyres. It would be better to be slowed down by the sand.
That is exactly what I said yesterday and sums up perfectly why I didn't race today. I would have been frustrated from start to finish and would not be enjoying myself.

I simply can't be motivated on a track that is so unforgiving for mistakes. I am looking forward to race on a newer version with the obstacles removed. The track layout itself is very nice, and has everthing a good track needs.

It would be realy a shame if the track will be abandoned for future races while it could be simply awsome.

I do hope ofc, that everybody did enjoy tonights race, and I am looking forward to be back next week. ;)

misterpom

Post by misterpom » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:05 pm

If Lux can make some alterations on the design, I'd be for it. I like it the way it is, unforgiving. Still, I understand people's frustration. It is really bad ass haha.

Change some things so we can race it again soon haha.

:D

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:53 am

That track is a perfect example of how whole map space can be used. It shows that even 2000x2000 size can let us to make long and nice tracks.
But, as you all said, there were just to many risky curves. That combo of curves in last turn was really deadly.
I realized during the warm up and qualy that no one will be able to drive constantly good laps (under 68.5xx), so I just decided to drive slow and safety. I pushed car a little harder just in last lap to get some better fastest lap that will not be humiliated for the winner (but only 68.2xx reached :wink: ). After the race, we all could see how bad lap times we had. I wonder where dede would be there, probably over 1min in front of us. :oops:

dede

Post by dede » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:25 am

I liked the track very much as well. The unforgiving tyres were good, but terribly bad in racing situations (and the race video shows that).

Anyway I love the idea of long tracks for F1 league. It could be interesting, especially if we keep tracks unreleased.

lux2

Post by lux2 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:57 pm

I uploaded "Easy" Putrington.
I did not spent a big time to modify it. I regret not having made the changes before the fun race. :oops: :D
I won't make any other changes to it.

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:41 pm

FUN RACE#14
Sunday 31.07.2011 19:00CET!

Car: TSE-F1beta2c
Warm up: 10laps/fuel off
Quali: 10laps/fuel off/ghost on
Race: 30laps/fuel off

Track:
de_Sachsenring
http://www.turbosliders.com/view_track. ... ffset=-120

Lap Times

cya on practice server!

misterpom

Post by misterpom » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:44 am

I know it's too late to change it but I will say why I don't like this track anyway. :lol:

People complained about the last one because objects were too close to the track. They were right. The problem is that this is something that happens on this track too. If you touch the grass on the edge on the first line of the track just before the curve there is no way to avoid hitting the wall. You will crash and people will bump into you.

The edges are mostly grass. Dirt would have been a better option, I think. It's a big problem trying to get a nice lap and then finding yourself out of the track because of slightly touching the grass. That won't be a problem for the pros, but I think most people will be annoyed by it after awhile, specially during qualy.

This track also seems too narrow. I don't see any place where you can overcome without a high risk of touching someone's car. This is definitely going to be a problem.

At least the design on the last track was long, pretty interesting and had many variations. This one doesn't have many variations and it's too short. I'm not saying this is bad but I think it doesn't work for 10+ people and some changes would only benefit.

I'm not a trackmaker and I don't mean to put down whoever created this one in any way. Just to make it clear.

Anyway, I will suggest some tracks for the next races. Maybe you'll like some of them:

Xianlao
Cajares
Roaring
Trecirron
Rudoring
Skornich

Bye :D

dede

Post by dede » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:47 am

Yes, you are right about the track. It was my first photoshopped track, so it was more like an experiment. Overtaking possibilities aren't many. Probably the first part gives some possibilities, but I believe we will have many contacts. The second part of the track is very quick, so overtaking will be possible only if player in front makes a mistake.

Looking forward to the race anyway ;)

dede

Post by dede » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:52 pm

Good race in a very hard track. I admit that I wanked for at least half of the race, so the final gap was conditioned by all the mistakes I made. In the final part of the race Lanz got close, so I stopped wanking and I saved my first position. Congrats Lanz for your solid racing.

misterpom

Post by misterpom » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:19 pm

I had a bad qualy. I got in 4th or 5th, which is unusual. I've been quite high on Fun Race qualifyings but not today. I didn't wank this track too much and it shows. I wasn't satisfied with my position but I knew I could have a nice start and make up for it.

Unfortunately after a decent start I tried to overtake someone and I went off the track. Everybody passed me so that meant spending the whole race trying to get back to my position. I did that with some nice overtakes, especially on Lexx. Unfortunately I'm not sure if my overtake on Hevonen was clean or not. I got faster than him on the curve and tried to pass him but when we were going for a straight line I touched his car and he went off track a bit. I kept going but I wasn't sure if it was okay because I was faster or if it was a dirty move because I touched his car. I didn't want any problems so, since I wasn't sure about my move, I let him pass before the finish line. I'd like someone's opinion on that.

Anyway. Shit race but it was kind of fun haha.

What I'd like to know is when the official F1 season is going to happen. It's been a long time. I like Fun Race but I miss F1 season with unreleased tracks and teams. All the good stuff. I hope it will start in August, still.

Bye

Mike Nike

Post by Mike Nike » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:35 pm

yeah, gg lanz :)

after a good reaction on start, i still fall back due to pushing cars behind..pity..
whatever...i came close to place 2 and 3 or 3 and 4..dont remember..but to not get blocked, i decided to drive on the jumps, a bit late though, so i messed up...and then i remembered, it wasnt allowed to go there, so i crashed...
later i crashed again when thinking about that situation..so, i selfpunished myself 3 times there, by accident^^
anyway, reiroms influence let me crash badly once...
either way, lanz drove kinda fast and constant and the laps i was pushing harder it didnt seem like i will get 2nd so soon, even if i risk more

the whole time i thought it was misterpom though...
if i woulda known it was lanz in 2nd place, i would have motivated myself a bit more, maybe - likely i wouldnt have caught him though, too far behind due to start and overtakings and too fast+constant lanz..

dede

Post by dede » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:40 pm

misterpom wrote:What I'd like to know is when the official F1 season is going to happen. It's been a long time. I like Fun Race but I miss F1 season with unreleased tracks and teams. All the good stuff. I hope it will start in August, still.
No, it's not gonna start in August. September looks like a good month for starting it, although I'm not sure if we can have a full season of unreleased tracks. We'll see ;)

Jaykoq

Post by Jaykoq » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:34 pm

And I'm stuck at creating kerbs in that PS tutorial for tracks :/
I'm a moron \o/

shyguy1001

Post by shyguy1001 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:34 pm

Well, my race lasted half a lap.. Good start from a poor 8th? on the grid, braked very early for the first corner and got a good run on the exit avoiding carnage to come out 4th battling close with Lanz Dede and Lexx. Had a go on the inside got on the grass slightly, which allowed misterpom to have a run up the inside into the fast turn. Unfortunately he went in a bit too fast and ran me straight off the track into the sand trap.. lost a good 5-7 seconds there, and from then on my race was ruined, my concentration broken, and I had a few major lags too. Shame really, from the speed I had when I was lapped and how well I kept up with the leaders I would say I easily had pace for top 5.