Full Team Contact (reorganization)

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

PAOLO

Post by PAOLO » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:53 pm

Anyway, i think most important point is to allow players to create their own team: If i can choose players to play with, i will have more fun racing, and surely i won't miss the champ.

Otherwise, the random teams are not cool: you could see this simply reading the comments of the player during the team champ.

Suggestion of using another server instead of standard FULLCONTACT, is only to permit players that don't agree to "team champ" to play normally in standard FULLCONTACT server.

BYE
:)

Wokinger
Community User Level: 3

Post by Wokinger » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:41 pm

Own team is a good idea. Blue, green etc. are random teams and fighting for them, for me, means nothing. If I fight for [POL], [x], [dp] I would be better and for sure i wouldn't miss cup. It also sounds nice to fight against team likes [x], [+], REIROM family.

Whiplash
Community User Level: 5

Post by Whiplash » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:31 pm

Wokinger wrote:Own team is a good idea. Blue, green etc. are random teams and fighting for them, for me, means nothing. If I fight for [POL], [x], [dp] I would be better and for sure i wouldn't miss cup. It also sounds nice to fight against team likes [x], [+], REIROM family.

We had discussion about competition for "real" (community) teams. But, that just can't be possible to do with FTC. It's not easy to expect to have all those players participating. The only way to make competition for real teams is to make cup that will be based on sending videos. I know that our teams still exists for not big reason (like competing), but that must be done with some other cup format, so not with FTC.
Also, it's bad to avoid any players who doesn't have a team. All players should be respected.
I don't see any bad thing about randomizing teams. It's good to find a way to be a partner to any other player. Team spirit is developing during all 24 races even you never played with some players in the team before.

I already tried to organize FTC with non-randomizing teams. Only about 8 players signed up, so only 2 teams were formed. After I opened the server, 20 players came to it. Some of signed-up players didn't show up, and that was a total mess. I needed about 30 mins to sort all players to their teams. So, I 'll never repeat that again.
It all sounds good when it's on the paper, but in reality it becomes a big smelly shit.

Wokinger

Post by Wokinger » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:35 am

Maybe that's because it was only one race. What about creating cup or championship including a few GP (24 races=1 GP)?

Second idea is making mixed teams. 2 or 3 own (smaller community teams could play together) and rest 2 or 3 random for people, who didn't sign up. I think that script, which create teams by nicks is not a problem. If some teams don't have all players, who sign up, they will get random players.

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:04 am

Wokinger wrote:Second idea is making mixed teams. 2 or 3 own (smaller community teams could play together) and rest 2 or 3 random for people, who didn't sign up. I think that script, which create teams by nicks is not a problem. If some teams don't have all players, who sign up, they will get random players.

We have only that last script and let's not talk about making new ones.
Let's see what's possible with this one.
It's not possible to make teams before the server start because of many reasons.
And I can't make teams manually, that's too frustrating.

PAOLO

Post by PAOLO » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:24 pm

mmm, i fear that without technical support for modifying the script or even implement a new part of the game, no decent TEAM RACE can be organized..
It' not because of you..