Quick 2vs2 PunaBall Tournament #4 - Monday 18 July 2011

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

dede
Community User Level: 5

Quick 2vs2 PunaBall Tournament #4 - Monday 18 July 2011

Post by dede » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:32 pm

Introduction
Most of these PunaBall tournaments showed serious organizing problems, such as teams not playing their matches, people disappearing and so on. For this reason we decided to play the whole cup in one night!

Schedule
Monday 18 July 2011 @ 20:50 CET
If you would like to join but the schedule doesn't suit you, please leave your message in this topic.

Servers
Players must connect to drawings server before the cup. Drawings will start at 21:00 CET, so please show up at least 10 minutes earlier than that.
These are the servers that might be used:

- Community Server [POL]
- LVP 1
- LVP 2
- LVP 3

Rules
1. Max Teams & Players
We will set a maximum of 16 players allowed to join the cup (8 teams). If less teams will show up, one or more teams will advance automatically to next round. Players will decide their partners directly before the cup.

2. Drawings
Drawings will take place in a separate server, the main server, which will remain available during the whole event. Teams can be decided directly into drawing server (NOT RANDOMLY). Drawings will be random. If 6 or less teams show up, drawings with "<no team> vs <no team>" will be considered invalid, so they will be repeated.

3. Cup Format
TO BE DECIDED, SOMETHING BETTER AND LONGER THAN LAST CUPS

Entry List
Although signing up isn't required, spots are granted for those who sign up.

1. olio (!)
2. dede
3. Tijny
4. Badeend
5. Dide Dide
6. Kyna_Musti
7. Del
8. kapa112
9. Famagustas
10. Matti
11. Kuite
12. Psyko
13. Shyguy
14. robochicken
15. xzeal
16. VPA
Last edited by dede on Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:02 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:40 pm

Badeend and I will be there to defend our title, which of course means that the rest of you won't stand a snowball's chance in hell.

Dide Dide
Community User Level: 2

Post by Dide Dide » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:56 pm

In!

Kyna_musti
Community User Level: 1

Hello

Post by Kyna_musti » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:52 pm

Sure i'm in!

kapa112

Post by kapa112 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:17 am

Me and Famagustas. We are going to take over what should have been ours from the beginning - the title! :twisted:

Matti

Post by Matti » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:22 am

In

Kuite

Post by Kuite » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:26 pm

i'll try to be there with Psyko

shyguy1001

Post by shyguy1001 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:39 pm

Sign in me and my brother (in game nick robochicken)

Fama

Post by Fama » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:17 pm

Im in fellas with Kapa for a sure cup win

Kyna_musti

Cup format

Post by Kyna_musti » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:06 am

Is it bad idea, if there will be two groups. Then all teams will get more matches to play. 4 teams in each group, and every team will play against everyone else. Then 2 best team will go to semifinal (1st against other group 2nd etc). How sounds format like this? This was just a quick idea but with this system there will be the best teams on semifinals :)

xzeal
Community User Level: 3
Community User Level: 3

Post by xzeal » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:47 am

I will sign up - just in case.

Tijny

Re: Cup format

Post by Tijny » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:55 am

Kyna_musti wrote:Is it bad idea, if there will be two groups. Then all teams will get more matches to play. 4 teams in each group, and every team will play against everyone else. Then 2 best team will go to semifinal (1st against other group 2nd etc). How sounds format like this? This was just a quick idea but with this system there will be the best teams on semifinals :)
I guess it will be like that. But yeah, dede is patetic late with announcing the cup format. :P

dede

Post by dede » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:29 am

Tijny wrote:
Kyna_musti wrote:Is it bad idea, if there will be two groups. Then all teams will get more matches to play. 4 teams in each group, and every team will play against everyone else. Then 2 best team will go to semifinal (1st against other group 2nd etc). How sounds format like this? This was just a quick idea but with this system there will be the best teams on semifinals :)
I guess it will be like that. But yeah, dede is patetic late with announcing the cup format. :P

It will be exactly like that! 10min/game in the groups phase, then best of three 5+2 games in semi and best of three 10+2 games in final(s).

Agreed?

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:58 am

dede wrote:It will be exactly like that! 10min/game in the groups phase, then best of three 5+2 games in semi and best of three 10+2 games in final(s).

Agreed?
Yeah, that's alright. Personally I would make the finals a bit shorter, especially the loser final where there's nothing much at stake anymore. But I guess last cup we dealt with the TDi boys rather quickly in the finals, if it had been 7+2 or 8+2 it would've been way too short. So yeah, 10+2 is good.

VanhaPuinenAuto

Post by VanhaPuinenAuto » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:20 pm

Me in.

Kyna_musti

Hey!

Post by Kyna_musti » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:15 pm

My attending might be difficult cause my network is still not working :S It started yesterday when i haven't any possible to play cause my ping was jumping between 60 and 600. Today i tried to solve that problem but didn't get it yet. Daaaaamn.

And, i'm still using my neighbour's internet so that could be one reason :S But i try to do something. i got still 45 minutes. :D

[gasp]poppowitch

Post by [gasp]poppowitch » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:49 pm

im in... damn :roll:

VanhaPuinenAuto

Post by VanhaPuinenAuto » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:28 pm

Nice cup, i was sure that me and silcir will win dede and whip in first match but somehow we managed to lose that one. It would be nice to blame lag or something but probably it was just a lack of skill :)

But this new cup format was very nice. Even bad players were able to play several matches and luck factor is decreased nicely because good team as your first random opponent doesn't necessary mean immediately end of tournament as it was in previous tournaments.

Fama

Post by Fama » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:47 pm

very nice cup, was well organized and a very good system(its better this one) Every players have the chance to play at least 3 match and that is fair.

Hm i guess i was one of the topgoalscorers but kapa did the ss cant precise how many goals:)

Like this Cup is almost weekly, we could nominate the team of the week, with 4 guys +2 as subs.

Hope to see you all next week, congratz to the winners, they defended well their title, but i think that in semi finals we could have a 10+2 goal limit instead of 5+2. what do you think?

Best regards

dede

Post by dede » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:57 pm

Congratulations to Tijny & Badeend, but let me underline Del&popowitch's 2nd place which is worth a golden medal as well.

The cup worked well, I think we can keep this format for future editions. Don't ask me to organize it too often though.

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:04 pm

Famagusta$ wrote:Hope to see you all next week, congratz to the winners, they defended well their title, but i think that in semi finals we could have a 10+2 goal limit instead of 5+2. what do you think?
I'm not sure. The 5+2 limit doesn't make for very nice games, but putting 10+2 in the semis as well would just be too much. 3 group games AND four to six 10+2 matches with full concentration would fry the brain of even the most seasoned players, at least I know I wouldn't be able to handle that. But yeah, nice cup.

Fama

Post by Fama » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:45 pm

Key match for kapagustas was vs dede and olio in group stages, where we were winning 4-0 and we lose 4-5 , the semi-finals with other opponents would be better for us instead of the other solid team T + B.

And yes, i have to agree with your disagreement T and Del, extending goal limit woud be bad to our eyes.

Next week another one?

olio

Post by olio » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:03 am

Congrats Tijny&Badeend. Congrats also to Del&popowitch and kapa&fama for other podium places.

I had a small family matter, so I didn't make it back home for the start of the cup. Sorry if I kept people waiting. I missed first game and when I arrived I saw that Whiplash had replaced me. They won their first match and even though there was absolutely no need for Whiplash to step aside (after all I was late for the party), he gave me room to finish the tournament. Thanks for that!

So my first game with dede was against Shyguy and Ricky, we took quite a solid win from that, even though I was all over the place as I had just arrived and wasn't really "on it". Then third game and it was kapa and famagustas against us. I was still quite lost and we were losing 0-4 already when we got our act together and we made a great comeback with a 5-4 victory and took the first place in our group.

In semi we had Del and popowitch against us. We couldn't break their defensive style and we lost our flow. Also the balls really didn't seem to bounce to us. Del and popo took 2 victories against our 1 and continued to final and it was bronze match for us.

To be honest, after the semi I was quite gutted that we couldn't make it into the final and I wasn't very motivated in the bronze game. Then of course very good opponents and kapa&fama took the bronze with 2 victories against our 1 victory.