Quick 2vs2 PunaBall Tournament #6 - Monday 12 September 2011

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

xzeal
Community User Level: 3
Community User Level: 3

Post by xzeal » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:47 pm

I won something?

WOOO!!!!

I kicked ass! Tijny might have helped a little bit... he was mean though - you should have seen what he did to Shyguy and paolo - almost made ME cry :(.

Well to be honest I pretty much sucked most games. I was ok in defence, but everything else was meh - positioning when Tijny was attacking (too far back), scoring passes (missed too many easy ones) and dribbling (I try to go with speed not with skill so I dont have the reflexes to pass a car just sitting there between my ball and the goal). Did ok offensively against Stealth and Fama (Ive played a few matches against them recently and noticed a few flaws in their teamwork :P) in the second semi final and the last final. otherwise I was playing a lot like Yrneh.

Heck last game tijny suddenly started playing like crap, making mistakes! Geesh, what happened to those iron cahones you had againt Shyguy and paolo? Tijny was still scoring a lot but had trouble creating proper goal chances so basically I was focusing on ruining dede and olios play and T picked up the resulting loose balls, it worked well once I got used to dedes attack style (or maybe he just got crap too, hard to tell) so 4-8 to 12-10 is not bad :P. Although I did do a lot of silly mistakes, especially when nobody had scored for a while - I kept doing riskier and riskier attack moves which often resulted in the other team scoring.

Kooler
Community User Level: 1

Post by Kooler » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:18 pm

Next random team for fun !!
Koo oo Oooo OOooOoOo ler!!

dede
Community User Level: 5

Post by dede » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:41 am

Kooler wrote:Next random team for fun !!

No, let's not force everybody to play 1vs1 ;)

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:16 am

dede wrote:So, all in all I cannot say that I'm happy about this final. Usually I'm satisfied or I blame the luck. But this time no, it was a big chance for me to finally win a pb cup. I'm a little depressed about winning zero pb cups lately.
The reason why I don't ever win anything was mentioned by olio in the server. It's because it is a "1vs1vs1vs1", and that's nonsense when playing a team game. Teamplay is the key. And it works with nobody, uff. ;)
Not sure what you guys mean by the 1vs1vs1vs1vs1 thing, but the real reason you don't ever win anything is because of the superior opposition. That's four in a row for me with three different partners, suck it bitches!
Anyway dede, seeing as how badly you need a win, I guess I'll be available to mate with you come next cup.

dede

Post by dede » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:48 am

Tijny wrote:Anyway dede, seeing as how badly you need a win, I guess I'll be available to mate with you come next cup.

Never, victory for me means loss for you.

Fama
Community User Level: 2

Post by Fama » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:24 pm

Hello everyone, and thanks again (dede) for organizing one more punaball cup.

In what concerns to my team's performance, i must say that this cup we really had the change to go through the finals, and so we waste our chance with an average game. This was stealth's first cup so he was nervous(i used to be like that on the last cups, didn't happen on this one since i really believed on our team's capabilities) and Dede and Olio(good game by Olio) managed to beat us much more easily than we were expecting.

On the 3rd and 4th's game i wasnt really motivated( and i was/am ill so i just wanted to leave since we didnt reach the finals) and Badeend and Drago beat us with a good game by them.

Congratz to the podium, and i hope to play more punaball cups with you.

StealthBD

Post by StealthBD » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:01 pm

Thank-you for organizing this cup for us dede. We really do appreciate your time and contribution.

As for the cup I was no comfortable with the constant pressure and I was kind of lost of what I was exactly supposed to do once we started. Rules and instructions were successfully communicated, so it is not an admin issue. The culprit in this case would was the time limit which I did not see it coming and thus I did not make the necessary tactical adjustment to the change.

Like Famagustas pointed out, it was my first time playing a puna cup with the international community, and along with the pressure I was also not in the mood to play punaball. Usually I am hale and hearty when I play puna with you guys, but this time it just was not the case... Just having to think about winning a cup makes me mad and competitive... its just not me... I would rather think mostly about the fun of playing such a game rather then scaring people away because of a sheer aptitude.

Let me ask you one thing, with what state of mind do you guys usually play a puna cup? Congratulation to Tijny and Xzeal for winning this tournament, and cheers to all of you who participated.

dede

Post by dede » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:50 pm

StealthBD wrote:Let me ask you one thing, with what state of mind do you guys usually play a puna cup?

For me, it's not much different from playing a random game. My objective in PB is to win and secondly to have fun. The more the game gets serious, the more I tend to focus on victory. The worse my mate is, the less expectations I have.

Pressure usually comes when the game is tight and I feel my mate isn't helping enough / is making too many mistakes. In those cases I need to play a stressful game in order to keep the game under control, if possible.

Pressure is something variable anyhow, some nights I have more, some nights I have none. For example, yesterday I had no pressure at all. Which resulted to be a bad thing because it won't bring enough competitiveness and it won't push me over my limit.

My concentration is often damaged by organization stuff which is a big pain at times (when I shutdown servers for mistake or when people leave during the cup - both things happened yesterday > no concentration in first three games).

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:40 am

A day late, but here are the full results:

Group A:
RAVO & manuel vs. dede & olio 4-8
Pewex & KoO vs. Badeend & kapa112 2-8

Drago & manuel vs. Badeend & kapa112 3-14
dede & olio vs. Pewex & KoO 8-4

dede & olio vs. Badeend & kapa112 4-3
Drago & manuel vs. Pewex & KoO 6-10

Group B:
xzeal & Tijny vs. Ðel & Hevonen 11-1
Famagustas & StealthBD vs. Shyguy & paolo 9-4

xzeal & Tijny vs. Famagustas & StealthBD 7-4
[dp] Ðel & Hevonen vs. Shyguy & paolo 11-5

Ðel & Hevonen vs. Famagustas & StealthBD 4-5
xzeal & Tijny vs. Shyguy & paolo 16-0

Semi-Finals:
xzeal & Tijny vs. Badeend & kapa112 5-2, 6-4
dede & olio vs. Famagustas & StealthBD 5-3, 5-2

Bronze Match:
Badeend & Drago vs. Famagustas & StealthBD 10-5, 10-4

Final:
xzeal & Tijny vs. dede & olio 10-7, 12-10

Top scorers:

Code: Select all

[+] Tijny            44
[+] Badeend          27
[+] dede             26
Famagustas           24
[+] xzeal            22
[+] olio             21
[iR] kapa112         17
[dp] Drago           13
Pewex                10
[EGR]**Shyguy**       9
Hevonen               8
StealthBD             8
[dp] Ðel              7
KoO                   6
manuel                4
[FF] RAVO             3
paolo                 0

Fama

Post by Fama » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:02 pm

Greetings everyone, it is possible a puna cup next monday(Dede)?

This time i'd like that players pick up their mates first so we can start without any confusions

dede

Post by dede » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:10 pm

Famagusta$ wrote:Greetings everyone, it is possible a puna cup next monday(Dede)?

No, also because I don't have my notebook and that was a major problem in last cup.

Famagusta$ wrote:This time i'd like that players pick up their mates first so we can start without any confusions

What confusion? Startup time is usually about 20 minutes, which is ok. Subscribing teams wouldn't work: we would still get people without team mate because of missing players.

Fama

Post by Fama » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:57 pm

New PB Cup on the horizon? :)

dede

Post by dede » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:37 pm

Famagusta$ wrote:New PB Cup on the horizon? :)

Maybe in some weeks, now I'm a bit busy.

[gasp]poppowitch

Post by [gasp]poppowitch » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:16 am

dede wrote:

IM in!!

bittarello

Post by bittarello » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:51 pm

[gasp]poppowitch wrote:
dede wrote:

IM in!!

Me too! Send me a e-mail or MP because I realy want

Fama

Post by Fama » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:27 am

Can we have a Punaball Cup next Monday (12th December) Dede?:)

Looking forward to challenge the PB Elite,

Abraço

Del

Post by Del » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:17 am

You could ask someone for servers and organise it yourself, obviously...

Fama

Post by Fama » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:55 pm

I could, if only i had a server.