[planning] TurboSliders.com F1 League 2011 Edition

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

misterpom
Community User Level: 3

Post by misterpom » Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:55 pm

I can't get into the master server and the IP is different. Does anyone know why I can't contact master server?

misterpom

Post by misterpom » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:39 pm

Both test races with way too much lag. I'm not sure I will be able to take part on this season. It's really unplayable.

pablinho15
Community User Level: 2

Post by pablinho15 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:21 pm

I'm not the best, but if I had no problems with the internet won the race, I lost too much time on these problems.

Estrateguia: The best was 12/13/12. but mine was 10-12-15.Ya gasoline from fast reloading in the pits and had an error and charge 10% more.

The ISP can change it, if it lasts one week you can change the race next Sunday?

bye

[siLciR]

Post by [siLciR] » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:37 pm

It was a good race, but unfortunatly, it's my first with these tyre degradition thing, and doing just 1 stop cost me too much as I was so slow either because of high fuel or because bad tyres. I feel that 2 or 3 stops was the best choice.

Anyway even with that bad decision i was 6th at start with 54%, and after a rather bad first couple of laps, the race went slowly and smoothly..
A few wide turns here and there.. but when i saw other ppl being so fast on straights the only way to try to get some time back was taking risks on the turns.

I had a 20 lap stint + 17 lap stint.

The first stint was really me and dede shadowing each other until he changed strategy and sudenly disappeared of my sight.
I put 2% too low fuel on my pit stop and that made me try to save some fuel in the 2stint to get to the end which i more or less managed since i only got without fuel in the penultimate corner.

In the end 3rd isnt bad either... so it was a ok race.

pablinho15

Post by pablinho15 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:55 pm

sry

R.I.P Wheldon :(

Etmil

Post by Etmil » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:23 am

Qualification

'Twas okay, fuel calculations and everything was good, but I felt that I should've been way much faster with my low fuel load. It was quite a fast-flowing track so you needed to drive on the limit all the time. And I consider myself quite a 'safe' driver who doesn't take many risks, but the track layout kind of forced me to do that. I managed to get 9th, anyway. And was slightly disappointed, not too much though.

Race

In the start I immediately lost a position, most probably because I put some music on and couldn't hear most of the sounds in TS (including the engine, which, somehow, is an indicator of how fast you're really going), so it made things a bit more difficult. Anyway, soon I overtook some people and found myself running 6th or so. I was going for a 3-stop strategy this time, just to see how it would play out and because last time I was on a 2-stopper. It wasn't too bad, but again I felt I couldn't be precise enough with a very-very fast car on a very-very fast circuit like this one. So I was too careful and lost time. After maybe 8-10 laps, everything looked fairly good and set in stone, since nobody was close behind and nobody in front either. Mainly I was driving on my own, making all of my stops whenever I had to, and encountered some drivers in the back of the field, but not too much trouble with them. In the end, it was a simple, not-really-eventful race which I finished 6th. Fairly happy about that since Lanz and Silcir were both in front of me, who were quite damn fast indeed, so.. could not really complain!

lux2

Post by lux2 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:19 am

I liked the fuel+tyre system and I also loved the track.
I can't say which of the two settings we tried is better. I maybe liked more the first one, but there are not a big difference.

Good.

Tijny
Community User Level: 5

Post by Tijny » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:06 am

I liked these settings better. Lower fuel (and tyre) slowdown than before made for a faster car, which was fun especially in the qualifying session. I think these settings favored a 3-stop strategy though, since dede changed the refill time from 20 to 10 seconds. I guess he made a lot of people panic with that, when they pitted for the first time. :P

Etmil

Post by Etmil » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:25 am

I agree with the refill time being too quick this time. And I would like the slowdown settings to be 'just enough' for you to feel it when driving, like when you have 75% of fuel you would maybe lose 0.6-0.8 secs per lap and when your tyres are at about 25% you would lose probably an additional 0.4-0.6 secs. I'm only guessing though, I know very little of all that stuff, so I'll let the experts handle that.. :P

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:33 am

Etmil wrote:I agree with the refill time being too quick this time. And I would like the slowdown settings to be 'just enough' for you to feel it when driving, like when you have 75% of fuel you would maybe lose 0.6-0.8 secs per lap and when your tyres are at about 25% you would lose probably an additional 0.4-0.6 secs. I'm only guessing though, I know very little of all that stuff, so I'll let the experts handle that.. :P
That is possible, if we choose to balance between 1-2 stops instead of 2-3. That would require slowdown values of like 5% fuel, 7% tyres or vice versa. And according to my calculations, those settings could even make a 0-stop strategy somewhat viable. Although I'm not sure how realistic it would be to drive with 0% tyres during the whole latter half of the race, without them getting any worse. :P

Jurgen-NL
Community User Level: 4

Post by Jurgen-NL » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:46 pm

race was fun unprepared and could have been 10th 9th if i either had pitted earlier in lap 28 somewhat (1 stopper at lap 16 low tyre value overfueling bc of pit time)

except getting behind rough people at the start around the places 9-16 was very unpleasent once again,
is it me or does slamming your car against someone else for grip and overtaking fit in the category fairplay?
i hope to see this penalized in the league if people dont drive like gentleman

sigh @ all the people who change their lines to defend someone off

and could someone post the fuel and damage settings thx :)
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!

dede

Post by dede » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:09 am

There will be another test race this Sunday (23 October 2011) @ 21:00 CEST. We will try similar settings as last time, but refill time will be higher.

I would like to keep the 2-3 pit strategies possible and quite balanced instead of 1-2 stops. Keeping 1-2-3 stops balanced seems hard, but if we find good settings, why not ;)

shyguy1001

Post by shyguy1001 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:17 pm

dede wrote:There will be another test race this Sunday (23 October 2011) @ 21:00 CEST. We will try similar settings as last time, but refill time will be higher.

I would like to keep the 2-3 pit strategies possible and quite balanced instead of 1-2 stops. Keeping 1-2-3 stops balanced seems hard, but if we find good settings, why not ;)

Agree total, 2-3 stops, or even 1-2-3 stops am much more enjoyable for me. Yeah, I think the refill time maybe should be experimented with (not for tyres, quicker for tyres is good), to try and make 3 stops a bit harder.

And, it was much more fun on the lower tyre/fuel settings.

@ Jurgen - I thought my defense to the inside was one of the best moments of the race. There's nothing wrong with moving ONCE to the inside to defend your line.

Etmil

Post by Etmil » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:16 am

Jurgen-NL wrote:sigh @ all the people who change their lines to defend someone off

What do you expect from them? To move away immediately? It's only a requirement for those who are being lapped. These people want to fight for their position as well, and it's not like in F1 that they can only move once to I-don't-know-which direction.. I can understand your being quicker than them, but you can't just tell anyone to move away because of that. That's why you gotta work your way past while they're trying to defend. It's called battling. Of course the guy in front will lose a lot of time doing this and the rational thing would be to LET you past (some people actually do that, in order not to waste time), but not everybody has to - especially when you're not 2 seconds quicker than them per lap, which can, at times, happen as well.

Jurgen-NL

Post by Jurgen-NL » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:45 pm

@etmil your not allowed to cut people off as shy did to me on the straight
i thought these moves were considered illegal:
seeing someone whos faster on speed on a straight and then suddenly driving in front of them

he had a better line on the straight and turn-in for the next corner,
damn hamilton move -_- must be a uk thing

shyguy1001

Post by shyguy1001 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:57 pm

As far as I saw the back of my car didn't touch the front of yours, if it had I would of let you past.. I thought I did it with just enough space, and so it was a great move. If I was mistaken then yes it was a poor move and I'm sorry.

Jurgen-NL

Post by Jurgen-NL » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:35 pm

shyguy1001 wrote:As far as I saw the back of my car didn't touch the front of yours, if it had I would of let you past.. I thought I did it with just enough space, and so it was a great move. If I was mistaken then yes it was a poor move and I'm sorry.

dude touch or no touch its not allowed to swerve your car in front others when the only thing you want to accomplish with it is mess up their drive :s

(for the record there was no touch never complained about that) next time pls just be a man with balls and defend your position without swerving in front of me

shyguy1001

Post by shyguy1001 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:13 pm

It wasn't a swerve, it was a legit one move to the inside to defend the position. I made the move late but clearly not too late as no one was compromised by it, and I think it was a really good move that kept me in front :)

If anyone wants to check it out look at me/jurgen from when the laps change 6>7

dede

Post by dede » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:52 pm

You are allowed to take inner line on the straight as long as player behind isn't inside & close already. I guess the same situation happened to me as well (with siLciR?), just take the outer line to accelerate better and overtake in next straight. Gentlemen rules allow fair battles.

lux2

Post by lux2 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:11 pm

I have no opinion about which are the best tyre/fuel settings. I liked this one as I liked the other ones.

My last 10 laps were badly disturbed by the doggy and I confused Tijny with a lapped player. I did not remember exactly what I did. Sorry if I did something wrong. I knew that car was Tijny's only after he came back on me and matic.

When will start the league?

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:21 pm

lux2 wrote:My last 10 laps were badly disturbed by the doggy and I confused Tijny with a lapped player. I did not remember exactly what I did. Sorry if I did something wrong. I knew that car was Tijny's only after he came back on me and matic.

When will start the league?
Haha, you didn't even hit me. :)

Fuel/tyre settings were the same as last week, only the refill time was doubled from 10 to 20 seconds.
I guess the first league race is in 2 weeks, dede told me he'd make a post about it tomorrow. Whether we'll have a last test race next week, I'm not sure.

shyguy1001

Post by shyguy1001 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:09 pm

How was the strategy in this race with the longer refuelling time? If anyone could give me the replay would be appreciated.. I got video creation time down to around 4 days, so look out for them once the season starts.. and yes Del I'll post up the test video some time

Etmil

Post by Etmil » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:02 am

shyguy1001 wrote:How was the strategy in this race with the longer refuelling time?

Much easier to set the amount of fuel you REALLY want. :D

dede

Post by dede » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:44 am

I confirm that the league will start in two weeks. I will post the official announcement tonight. If you have unreleased tracks, please send them to a.squizzato[at]mclink.it! Thanks!!

lux2

Post by lux2 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:32 am

dede wrote:If you have unreleased tracks...

Even if they have short grid?