[planning] TurboSliders.com F1 League 2011 Edition

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Tijny
Community User Level: 5

Post by Tijny » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:56 am

Well, let me just say that I was clearly out of practice with this car and had a terrible fuel strategy, so second place isn't so bad. :)

The qualification already wasn't ideal, I put way too much startfuel and when I wanted to pit for some fresh tyres, I wasn't aware that I had to hold the fire button instead of just pressing it in order to avoid refueling. So yeah, that slowed me down a lot and I ended up with 47% startfuel.
After a few laps into the race I decided to go for a 3-stop strategy to have a nice and fast car all the time, but that kind of backfired: in my first pitstop I still didn't realize how the fire thing worked and ended up refueling 20% too much AGAIN. By my second pitstop I had finally worked it out, so it wasn't until that point that my car allowed me to do fast laptimes. Of course dede was long gone by then, but I still managed to be the fastest lap idiot. All in all, not too bad.

In other news, I put up a lux-styled F1 server with the final version of the F1 car - download the track pack here.

lux2
Community User Level: 2

Post by lux2 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:02 pm

Nice idea Tijny.
Ehm... :oops: is it possible to add some best laptimes script like on lvp2?

misterpom
Community User Level: 3

Post by misterpom » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:07 pm

Sorry, Etmil. I'm aggressive but I'm not unfair. If you think I did something that wasn't fair, I apologize. I will pay more attention next time. Besides the lag I guess I was overexcited that F1 Season is back too. :wink:

About the tyre thing ...

I hope that you decide not to use tyre wear this season. I think it's going to make the gap between pros and non pros even bigger. The more you complicate things, the more you set both groups apart. That's my opinion. I don't think one could argue that tyrewear makes the whole thing more competitive, which I think should be the point. Otherwise it will just be Dede and Tijny winning everything as usual.

Also, I really don't see the point of tyrewear. If you want people to pit more often, make fuel consuption higher. If you want people to pit less often, make fuel consumption lower. I don't see why we need 2 strategies. Why pit ONLY to change tyres? I think it's complicating a game that is not supposed to be complicated. It should be simple no brainer fun, without having to think too much.

If it was up to me, we wouldn't even have fuel. :lol:

dede

Post by dede » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:36 pm

Actually tyre wear shouldn't be something to worry about. If you keep planning your fuel strategy as usual, then you can forget tyre wear while driving. That's what I did in the race, I never checked tyre wear.

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:38 pm

lux2 wrote:Nice idea Tijny.
Ehm... :oops: is it possible to add some best laptimes script like on lvp2?
Yes, I'm going to add that in the near future. It's also quite probable that this server will be used to host the league's races. At least if it proves to be more stable than LVP, which has been having some lag problems lately. Damn Minecraft morons hogging all the CPU power :evil:

Lanz
Community User Level: 4

Post by Lanz » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:16 am

damn my car is shaking! seems i got those problem wich others had with the b version!

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:18 am

Lanz wrote:damn my car is shaking! seems i got those problem wich others had with the b version!

Nah, you're just scared. :twisted:
The problem could be that you didn't drive enough with it. Maybe you just spectated the race? Maybe all car files didn't managed to be uploaded just on the time. Nobody had that problem.

dede

Post by dede » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:57 am

Whiplash wrote:Maybe all car files didn't managed to be uploaded just on the time. Nobody had that problem.

I guess he refers to the problem with rotimage.

Kyna_musti
Community User Level: 1
Community User Level: 1

Post by Kyna_musti » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:31 pm

Nice idea Tijny.
Ehm... Embarassed is it possible to add some best laptimes script like on lvp2?

That would be great, cause then there is always another reason to drive. For example driving alone. But if its possible, maybe more players times could show up? Or like F1-league qualifying when you can see your own position before race.

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:39 pm

Kyna_musti wrote:That would be great, cause then there is always another reason to drive. For example driving alone. But if its possible, maybe more players times could show up? Or like F1-league qualifying when you can see your own position before race.

Done and done. It shows the top 20 best times now, all neatly aligned of course. :P

lux2

Post by lux2 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:13 pm

:D

I remeber I wrote a post here about my problems with car "tremors" and server lags but it seems it's disappeared. :shock:

Actually I have no problems with car shaking. Not sure about what I saw yesterday. Today seems fine.

Server is still a little bit laggy for me.

Last question: which are the differences between F1 final and bewta2c (out of image)?

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:31 pm

dede wrote:
Whiplash wrote:Maybe all car files didn't managed to be uploaded just on the time. Nobody had that problem.

I guess he refers to the problem with rotimage.

ffff... its still shaking his ass! dl it new, same! how does it come that im the only one who got those problems and what can i do about it?

dede

Post by dede » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:16 pm

Lanz wrote:how does it come that im the only one who got those problems and what can i do about it?

Can you please post your sliders.ini configuration?

misterpom

Post by misterpom » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:28 pm

Del wrote:
misterpom wrote:Sorry, Etmil. I'm aggressive but I'm not unfair. If you think I did something that wasn't fair, I apologize. I will pay more attention next time.
Is it just me or is this not the first time you've said that? And it really doesn't matter how "fair" you are, bumping someone can ruin their race anyway.

It's certainly not the first time I've touched someone's car and it will certainly not be the last, as race contacts happen often due to the competitive nature of the game, both by me and by others. Accidents can happen.

Having said that, after watching the replay, I don't think I did anything that could compromise his race. It's not like I'm being like REIROM and "kamizasying" everyone. :roll:

I was aggressive sometimes, yes. The only thing I think was not fair was once when I closed the gap on him and he touched my car because of it. I should have let him pass. Other than that, I think it was natural contact of the game and difference between braking points.

dede

Post by dede » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:41 am

Second test race is scheduled for this Sunday (16 October 2011) @ 21:00 CEST. Tyre wear will be disabled during qualifying session. Suggestions about track?

misterpom

Post by misterpom » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:45 pm

Putrington, which dede didn't play the last time.

I think I will get chased by a mob because of this suggestion. :lol:

pablinho15

Post by pablinho15 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:30 pm

http://www.turbosliders.com/tracks/8dec ... offset=180

(?)

hehe,hmmm Yax_island o Tutoring.

shyguy1001

Post by shyguy1001 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:39 pm

We should have a night race this league.. just saying :)

Dede, can I suggest putting BOTH slowdown settings lower for this race, perhaps fuel 8% tyres 12%, I dunno, play around a bit but imo 15% 16% is too high (and maybe not big enough difference betweem the two)

Jurgen-NL

Post by Jurgen-NL » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:36 pm

i do not know the ''why'' of adding tyre wear out there but its ok i guess.
though i must say that with fresh pair of tyres i should be able to drive half the race lenght at the least, not quite sure but i think last practise i had to make 3 stops just for tyres,
didnt make many crashing mistakes, drove some sand, and was in quite an empty space of the race still i felt tyres were going down too slow.
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!

shyguy1001

Post by shyguy1001 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:56 pm

You could do about a third of the race on a set of tyres without going very slow, mainly because there was almost no difference between fuel slowdown and tyre slowdown (only 1%). This meant that as fuel went down and so car sped up, tyres went down and so car slowed down nearly equally in proportion :P So thats why I think setting the settings lower and making a larger difference between tyres and fuel will be better, as well as bringing 1 stop into play a bit more (although its still never a good idea really cos of quali).

dede

Post by dede » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:34 pm

Reminder: test race starts in 1h and 25 minutes! Later!

misterpom

Post by misterpom » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:41 pm

What's the track?

dede

Post by dede » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:53 pm

misterpom wrote:What's the track?

None of your business ;)

Tijny