TurboSliders.com F1 League 2011 Edition

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

GR8Arjen
Community User Level: 3

Post by GR8Arjen » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:08 pm

Double post

Edit:

BTW:

Is there gonna be a race tonight?
Last edited by GR8Arjen on Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

GR8Arjen

Post by GR8Arjen » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:09 pm

Splitting the thing up in to two days would not be advisable.

- it is harder to draw the people in for two days,
- The last minutes of pre-qualifying just before the rookie race starts is just to awsome! People are cheering for eachother when they improve there time. I looks in some way like the qualiformat used for the indy500. The tention and excitement is inmense and absolutly one of the best moments of the evening!
- Since people do not know in advance if they have to run rookie or pro race, it is simply to hard to spread those races over two days since it requires all the "danger zone" players to check out saterday no matter what.
- If they then seem safe they have to come back sunday or if the drive 1st or 2nd in rookie race they also have two evenings to attend to.

So please don't split them up. ;)

Tijny
Community User Level: 5

Post by Tijny » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:25 pm

lux2 wrote:When will be raced he rookie race? Sunday or saturday?

I ask because, even I agree with new prequaly method, I think that to drive again and again always on the same track it's really boring (at least for me :wink: ) and I plan to wank nothing so, maybe, I will always have to try with the rookie race.

The point is that rookierace+prorace it's a very long time to play all in a raw :?
I guess for the moment there won't be a rookie race yet, dede said he would organize one of there were 30+ registered players. However, you got me thinking and maybe there should be some other way to qualify for the main event besides wanking during the week. Maybe the top 8/10/12 finishers in the previous race could automatically have a spot reserved for the next one? I think that would be a good rule.

GR8Arjen

Post by GR8Arjen » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:32 pm

Please.... Why the need for change? All worked perfect last year.

Besides, why would we reward lazyness? Everybody needs to qualify, rookies, and veterans!

If you want to keep new players out this cup keep rewarding the best players. Great idea! :roll:

dede

Post by dede » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:46 pm

Rookie race will be organized only if we reach a higher number of subscribed players. 30-32 could be enough. No spots will be assigned basing on previous race results, everybody will need to qualify to next race.

lux2
Community User Level: 2

Post by lux2 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:42 pm

GR8Arjen wrote:Please.... Why the need for change? All worked perfect last year.
Nobody wants to change nothing, but last season I skipped two races because I got bored by the tracks during WW. So, it was not that good for me.
GR8Arjen wrote:...why would we reward lazyness?
Sometime "lazyness" is just "something else to do".

Eisenstadt is the prequaly track for first race or is it just a test?

Etmil

Post by Etmil » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:46 pm

lux2 wrote:
GR8Arjen wrote:Please.... Why the need for change? All worked perfect last year.
Nobody wants to change nothing, but last season I skipped two races because I got bored by the tracks during WW. So, it was not that good for me.
GR8Arjen wrote:...why would we reward lazyness?
Sometime "lazyness" is just "something else to do".

Eisenstadt is the prequaly track for first race or is it just a test?
It better be qualification for the first race cause I just drove so well there! Uhauhauhaaa.. :P :D

misterpom

Post by misterpom » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:24 pm

I loved last season, exactly as it was. I just thought the server was opened for wanking way too long, which made driving boring.

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:02 am

lux2 wrote:Eisenstadt is the prequaly track for first race or is it just a test?
I actually planned for it to be just a test. I wanted to discuss the pre-quali track with dede this evening and set up the real qualifying, but he was already offline by then. :evil:

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:58 am

If you plan to reach number 30+ of players, then you just need to open wanking server for qualifying. All new players will be informed by it that F1 is starting. Don't wait for 30+ sign ups right now cause many of players probably don't even know that F1 is coming. I think you should release the tracks, and include rookie race.
And...that shit with 3 quali sessions maybe could suck. I think that luck factor there should not be treated like something bad (wooo, Whip likes luck...I mean, that luck doesn't make winner of you, so quali should not be a problem). Also, in order to make it easier, you could also just set more laps for 1 session. :P I guess Tijny just wanted to go more closer to real F1 setup. Well, it's not necessary. :wink:

LBStrange

Post by LBStrange » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:49 am

hey guys how do I entre and what mod do i use?

dede

Post by dede » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:27 am

LBStrange wrote:hey guys how do I entre and what mod do i use?
You don't need to install any mods to play this cup. You can apply for subscription by posting here your TS nickname. The cup starts next Sunday, qualifications start today (F1 LEAGUE QUALIFYING server).

Del

Post by Del » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:25 pm

misterpom wrote:I loved last season, exactly as it was. I just thought the server was opened for wanking way too long, which made driving boring.
And made all the Wippes who have 24 hours of free time per day have a huge advantage. Maybe the wanking server could be only be open Thursday-Sunday or something like that so we can actually have some action on other servers but everyone would still get to wank a bit but not all that much more than some others?

@Wippe: The f*** are you on about? They aren't waiting for anything. Release the tracks? Nice wankvantage. There will be 1 qualifying session. More laps for what? No. They're not making it any more realistic (other than "tyres"(?)... Which aren't very realistic at all so not at all)

Lexx

Post by Lexx » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:04 pm

I don't really like the 3-lap qualy. I agree with the fact that it's less luckbased, but isn't that the fun of it?

I mean, when Vettel is in the PITs and it starts raining while he didn't set a laptime yet, that's just awesome. I believe the luckfactor should be big, let topplayers work for it and hope that less skilled players hit a lucky lap.
It will now be impossible for some players to make the cut, and I believe that shouldn't be the point!

Ivan Drago

Post by Ivan Drago » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:16 pm

Lexx wrote:I don't really like the 3-lap qualy. I agree with the fact that it's less luckbased, but isn't that the fun of it?

I mean, when Vettel is in the PITs and it starts raining while he didn't set a laptime yet, that's just awesome. I believe the luckfactor should be big, let topplayers work for it and hope that less skilled players hit a lucky lap.
Hmm.. maybe we should also switch to the wet-version of the track in the middle of the week... let's say on wednesday?

Del

Post by Del » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:23 pm

Lexx wrote:I don't really like the 3-lap qualy. I agree with the fact that it's less luckbased, but isn't that the fun of it?
Which part of wanking 10 hours per day to get to get to take part in the race proper is the fun of it?
Ivan Drago wrote:Hmm.. maybe we should also switch to the wet-version of the track in the middle of the week... let's say on wednesday?
Haha seems best non-first-20-to-sign-up-get-to-race idea so far!!! Nice!

Lexx

Post by Lexx » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:31 pm

Sigh, it's just an example Drago. Then again I didn't expect you to understand with your tiny brain.

Jaykoq

Post by Jaykoq » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:34 pm

Question for statistics.

Are there any teams, or is this free for all tournament?
I'm a moron \o/

dede

Post by dede » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:48 pm

Jaykoq wrote:Question for statistics.

Are there any teams, or is this free for all tournament?
Good question, do we want teams at all?

QUALIFYING SERVER IS UP! GOOD LUCK TO EVERYBODY!

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:08 pm

Etmil

Post by Etmil » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:45 pm

I would certainly prefer teams, gives you something extra to be motivated for. Am open for teammate requests!

Jaykoq

Post by Jaykoq » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:06 pm

Etmil wrote:I would certainly prefer teams, gives you something extra to be motivated for. Am open for teammate requests!
Me too. :D
I'm a moron \o/

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:10 pm

Oh, sorry for my last post. Didn't know that you already opened wanking server.

JoHn_5

Post by JoHn_5 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:48 pm

I am not in the classification, despite seting a time today. 38.251s average I think.

pablinho15

Post by pablinho15 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:06 am

37.278 - :D oh great.
37.420 - 8) yeah
37.655 - :? MOTHER FU****

Total: 37.451 not bad. :P