TurboSliders.com F1 League 2011 Edition

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Whiplash
Community User Level: 5

Post by Whiplash » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:26 am

In. :P
Btw, live quali stats look so cool. Idea of average time is great. At first I thought that you're talking about average of 3 best laps for qualy just before the race; that's why I said that it's seems not good. But this is great total.

The only 2 things that I would like to have are:
-server should show also all those 3 best laps for player who is wanking
Tijny xxx.xxx (REC +xxx PB+xxx) 1.(37.406)2.(37.456)3.(37.671)

-live standings should show gap between averages times of 1st player and all others.
.............Player.....................Laptimes.................Average.......Gap
1.[F***] Pablinho..37.278......37.420......37.655......37.451.......------
2.[+] Eddie...........37.406......37.456......37.671......37.511.......+060

ptSpyder

Post by ptSpyder » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:15 pm

ok im in guys;]

this is my 3rd season on gpor:) so im wait;]

by the way thanks Lanz 4 instructions:)

dede

Post by dede » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:57 pm

ptSpyder wrote:ok im in guys;]

Nick in the game?

Jurgen-NL
Community User Level: 4
Community User Level: 4

Post by Jurgen-NL » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:15 pm

Add my nickname please
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!

dede

Post by dede » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:29 pm

Ok, I confirm that we'll have Rookie race. Due to the lack of players, the cut for Pro race will be at 15. So only 15 players are qualified directly to Pro race, other 5 spots will be assigned to the best finishers on Rookie race.

Rookie race will be held at 19:00 CET, while Pro race remains at 21:00 CET.

Ah, last but not least, Rookie race will be always based on qualifying track, so first race will be Xianlao.

xzeal
Community User Level: 3

Post by xzeal » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:45 pm

so right now 23.rd in the qualy standings - I actually worked hard to get my time under 39 and apparently I am still last :S. (Matic does not count)

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:59 pm

dede wrote:Ok, I confirm that we'll have Rookie race. Due to the lack of players, the cut for Pro race will be at 15. So only 15 players are qualified directly to Pro race, other 5 spots will be assigned to the best finishers on Rookie race.

Ah, last but not least, Rookie race will be always based on qualifying track, so first race will be Xianlao.
Also, this time make better point system. There should be ONE system for 2 (rookie and pro) races. For example: being first in rookie race should be the same as being last in pro race, or something similar. So, do not split points for those 2 races like last year. It should be 2 races, but 1 competition. :wink:

GR8Arjen

Post by GR8Arjen » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:02 pm

More chalanging to get within the cut, but with 5 wildcards available, a more interesting Rookie Race.

I like it!

Jaykoq
Community User Level: 2

Post by Jaykoq » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:12 pm

Whiplash wrote:
dede wrote:Ok, I confirm that we'll have Rookie race. Due to the lack of players, the cut for Pro race will be at 15. So only 15 players are qualified directly to Pro race, other 5 spots will be assigned to the best finishers on Rookie race.

Also, this time make better point system. There should be ONE system for 2 (rookie and pro) races. For example: being first in rookie race should be the same as being last in pro race, or something similar. So, do not split points for those 2 races like last year. It should be 2 races, but 1 competition. :wink:
So ... no Rookie Race stats then?

ps. Standings sheet (I can edit it, so this is the way I understood it so far ...)
http://tinyurl.com/TurboSliders-F1-2011

Tell me what I have to fix on that sheet so it can be 100% ready for Sunday's race
Last edited by Jaykoq on Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm a moron \o/

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:21 pm

What is the deadline for the qualifications?

@Jay, I dont think the first race is Xianlao itself, only the Qualies

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:22 pm

Jaykoq wrote:So ... no Rookie Race stats then?

ps. Standings sheet (I can edit it, so this is the way I understood it so far ...)
In my opinion - yeah, no rookie stats. Hmmm, but now the problem are released tracks. Damn. Well, do whatever you feel is the best.
Pingu wrote:What is the deadline for the qualifications?

@Jay, I dont think the first race is Xianlao itself, only the Qualies
Well, for the first 5 finishers it will be the qually, but for others - it will be the race. That's why I said that buth races should be merged in one competition. Those players under top 5 of rookie race will not be treated like less worthy. That race will get more importance - it should not be treated just like qually as you said. :wink:
In my opinion it should just be called second part of the race (not rookie race).
Last edited by Whiplash on Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Jaykoq

Post by Jaykoq » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:28 pm

Whiplash wrote:
Jaykoq wrote:So ... no Rookie Race stats then?

In my opinion - yeah, no rookie stats. Hmmm, but now the problem are released tracks. Damn. Well, do whatever you feel is the best.
I'll do everything as organizators want.
So far, Rookie sheet is marked with * (*under investigation) ... but I think it'll be gone 'til Saturday xD

Edit: (quote Whiplash part with deadline and race and top5)
I think I got it all now xD
Whiplash wrote: In my opinion it should just be called second race (not rookie race).
Yes ... more like "Quali race"
I'm a moron \o/

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:37 pm

Jaykoq wrote: Yes ... more like "Quali race"
O man, NO! :) It's the regular race at first. But that race gives you chance to get more points by being in top 5. People should not feel like they lost if they don't get in top 5. They should fight for every single point.

Jaykoq

Post by Jaykoq » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:42 pm

Whiplash wrote:
Jaykoq wrote: Yes ... more like "Quali race"
O man, NO! :) It's the regular race at first. But that race gives you chance to get more points by being in top 5. People should not feel like they lost if they don't get in top 5. They should fight for every single point.
But aren't points like 25-22-20-etc. like dede wrote in first post? :/
Now i don't get it well (again xD)
I'm a moron \o/

Hevonen

Post by Hevonen » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:06 pm

Sign me in.

pablinho15

Post by pablinho15 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:47 pm

My suggestion is to reduce the lag in the pro race

30 players----PRO race max players 15:

10 AutoClasificados.
5 the best in the Amateur Race.

Amateur race [max 20 players]

Top 5 qualify for the pro race.

byez.-

P/D: QUALY max 2 laps. 1 one chance ;)

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:06 pm

pablinho15 wrote:My suggestion is to reduce the lag in the pro race

30 players----PRO race max players 15:

10 AutoClasificados.
5 the best in the Amateur Race.

Amateur race [max 20 players]

Top 5 qualify for the pro race.

byez.-

P/D: QUALY max 2 laps. 1 one chance ;)
This sounds pretty much like a personal wish. :wink:

ptSpyder

Post by ptSpyder » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:38 am

dede wrote:
ptSpyder wrote:ok im in guys;]

Nick in the game?

the same - ptSpyder

hmm about sugestions of pablinho - great idea.
pro - 15
amateur race - 20
top qualify - 5

great:)

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:50 am

But what time do the qualifications end? So you know when you can check the standings and see if you have to drive rookie race or not...

Also obv. 20 runners in pro race 8)

semir

Post by semir » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:51 am

Jaykoq wrote:
Whiplash wrote:

So ... no Rookie Race stats then?

Tell me what I have to fix on that sheet so it can be 100% ready for Sunday's race
Last year point system was almost perfect, so I don't see a reason to change it. We had some points even for lower positions in rookie race (something like 0.95 for 2nd place, 0.90 for 3rd...), and we had seperatly something like rookie league with point system same as in pro league. That rookie league have even more sence now when there is this "8 of 10" thing up. So, my vote goes for last year point system.

dede

Post by dede » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:19 pm

semir wrote:So, my vote goes for last year point system.
Well, Jay, it's up to you then! If it's not too complicated, let's make it!

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:39 pm

semir wrote:Last year point system was almost perfect, so I don't see a reason to change it. We had some points even for lower positions in rookie race (something like 0.95 for 2nd place, 0.90 for 3rd...), and we had seperatly something like rookie league with point system same as in pro league. That rookie league have even more sence now when there is this "8 of 10" thing up. So, my vote goes for last year point system.
That was far from perfect. The main problem there was that you don't know who's rookie and who is pro. If I drive only one rookie race, it will automatically treat me like a rookie racer too (even I also drove all pro races), which is senseless. I would be (for example) 10 in rookie league overall, and someone who played many rookie races will be better than me there. Why should somebody be treated like a rookie racer just because he drove one race there? Why would you be happy to beat someone in rookie league who played only one race there? Patetic.
Last year
Rookie overall : Sejtan 7., Pablinho 20.
All overall: Sejtan 37. and Pablinho even 5.

And of course, f*** the facts, Sejtan is better than Pablinho in rookie. huahuehaue
That's what I'm talking about. Rookie league stats am total no sense.

My suggestion is to set up points from 1. to 40. place.
40 (1 point), 39 (2 points) and so on. Sure point difference between first 5-10 places should be much bigger than 1 point.
Well, that could be unfair sometimes with different number of joined players. Maybe number of players should influence the number of points too.

Ivan Drago

Post by Ivan Drago » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:34 pm

I don't see the problem here. If Sejtan has more points in rookie cup than Pablinho, then he is better in the rookie cup even though Pablinho is better in the overall cup. Nothing wrong there. Seems like a totally (totes) personal problem to you, not wanting to be behind players who race the rookie race more than you, while you are at the pro race.
Whiplash wrote:
semir wrote:Last year point system was almost perfect, so I don't see a reason to change it. We had some points even for lower positions in rookie race (something like 0.95 for 2nd place, 0.90 for 3rd...), and we had seperatly something like rookie league with point system same as in pro league. That rookie league have even more sence now when there is this "8 of 10" thing up. So, my vote goes for last year point system.
That was far from perfect. The main problem there was that you don't know who's rookie and who is pro. If I drive only one rookie race, it will automatically treat me like a rookie racer too (even I also drove all pro races), which is senseless. I would be (for example) 10 in rookie league overall, and someone who played many rookie races will be better than me there. Why should somebody be treated like a rookie racer just because he drove one race there? Why would you be happy to beat someone in rookie league who played only one race there? Patetic.
Last year

And of course, f*** the facts, Sejtan is better than Pablinho in rookie. huahuehaue

40 (1 point), 39 (2 points) and so on. Sure point difference between first 5-10 places should be much bigger than 1 point.
Well, that could be unfair sometimes with different number of joined players. Maybe number of players should influence the number of points too.

PAOLO

Post by PAOLO » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:36 pm

sign me.Tks!

semir

Post by semir » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:47 pm

Whiplash wrote:
Last year

I can see your point. But the fact is that in final standings of rookie league we had only 10 players who drove atleast 4 times, so Pablinho or Whiplash wasn't ranked in final standings of rookie league. Still I can see your point: someone who drove 10 rookie races is in advantage comparing to someone who drove only 4 rookie races, so rookie league isn't necessary. This problem could be avoided by including only players who drove atleast 6 or 7 rookie races, but than we would have another problem: only 4 or 5 five (low skilled) drivers (like me) would be ranked in final standings of rookie league. So, whatever you decide it's ok by me. When I said that last year point system was almost perfect, I meant primarly on general standings, and how rookie league didn't had any effect on general standings. And general standings was, after all, main ranking last year.