TurboSliders.com F1 League 2011 Edition

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Jaykoq
Community User Level: 2

Post by Jaykoq » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:30 pm

dede wrote:jay, keep standings separated, no coefficient! ill tell you who should be excluded from rookie standings after each race
I'll tell you my idea now.

So like Whiplash said - 2 races, one competition.

As far as I know, 1st 15 will have spot in Race at 21h.
Others will have to drive this "Rookie race" at 19h, and top 5 will go to "Pro race".
That means that 5th place in "Rookie race" is kinda equal to 20th place in "Pro race".

5th place worths 16pts, and 20th place is 1pt.
That means that Rookie race can give you 16x less points then "Pro race".
And that is what I ment. 1pt/16pts is 0.0625 (I'll call that "Rookie race factor"). "Rookie race" will have same point system as "Pro race". That means that for example, 8th place in "Rookie" will be around 0.81pts in Overall standings (8th place = 13pts*0.0625 = 0.8125, we can round that to 0.81, two digits). That means that if Jaykoq is 8th in Rookie race, he will get 13pts in Rookie standings, and 0.81 in Overall standings (I'll explain all few lines under).
I can do Rookie race standins by itself, and overall standings like Official thing. Same best 8 of 10 rule is on, and everything. But I can skip that part since we all will get some points. This "Rookie race standings could be interesting to new players, they could feel excitement to hunt 1st place among "slower" and "new" players.

The system I have on mind is like this.

Qualies (example will be in brackets)
We have some (36) players subscribed and ready for driving.
Top 15 has their spot in "Pro race".
Others (that is 20 of others who join sever 'til 19h) will have to drive "Rookie race".
After the race, we will know their standings.
Top 5 will be able to join "Pro race", but also, there yould be some extra spots if someone doesn't show up (this is point for discussion).
6th to 20th place will get their points immediately.
On table for "Rookie race", this 20 drivers will get Points for their positions (25-22-20-18-etc)
On table for "Overall standings" 5th to 20th drivers wil get Points for their positions * "Rookie race factor" (0.94-0.88-0.81-'0.75 etc.). Top 5 from "Rookie race" will fight for their points in "Overall standings" at 21h.

So - we know who was 21th, 22nd, etc to 35th place. And they all get some points for that.

Top5 from "Rookie race" and Top15 from Qualies drive race at 21h.
After race, we know who won, who is 2nd, etc.
They get points for their success.

Due to their sucess in "Pro race" we know 1st to 20th driver for that race.

And that's it.

Hope it is understandeable and quite fair and competitive to everyone.
I'll make example in excel now, and I'll upload screenshot for you, maybe you will have a better image of what I thought.

Edit post in about 15mins.
Example on link: http://i.imgur.com/XMlMQ.png

I'm sorry if my idea is stupid :/
Last edited by Jaykoq on Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a moron \o/

Jaykoq

Post by Jaykoq » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:02 pm

omg i f*cked up smth with forum :O
edit: it's ok, seems that my last post is toooooooo large xD
I'm a moron \o/

misterpom
Community User Level: 3

Post by misterpom » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:41 pm

Sorry but I'm out.

There is no way I'm going to participate in this if I have to go on a 10 lap pre-qualy and have to fill the tank every 2 or 3 laps because of fuel. It's stupid. Why do you need fuel in a pre-qualy if it doesn't have anything to do with your race startfuel or race tactics? Really, why would anyone want to set a lap with high fuel? If you're going to set a lap, you'll want to do it with minimal fuel. So why not just turn it off? It just makes no sense and it makes you sick after a while. There you go on a really good lap only to realize you ran out of fuel. Great. Why not turn it off so you can fully concentrate on the track instead of fuel? Nonsense.

All those new rules are making this season a mess, with all due respect. I was very excited about this season but all those little things are making it really non enjoyable. The way it is now, it is really terrible. I'm grateful for all the efforts by the organizers and trackmakers but this is just not working. Tyre wearing is bad. Fuel on pre-qualy is bad. 5 people having to come from rookie race is bad. Top 3 laps average system is bad. Wanking on a track that is not the actual race track is bad. There is still time to cancel all this and make something good.

I'm surprised that someone is actually liking the way it is now. Probably wankers. This is a simple game and should be kept simple, which is not at the moment. Everything is as wrong as can be.

Bye

Edit: f*** it. I will give it a try.
Last edited by misterpom on Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jaykoq

Post by Jaykoq » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:45 pm

misterpom wrote:Sorry but I'm out.

There is no way I'm going to participate in this if I have to go on a 10 lap pre-qualy and have to fill the tank every 2 or 3 laps because of fuel. It's stupid. Why do you need fuel in a pre-qualy if it doesn't have anything to do with your race startfuel or race tactics? Really, why would anyone want to set a lap with high fuel? If you're going to set a lap, you'll want to do it with minimal fuel. So why not just turn it off? It just makes no sense and it makes you sick after a while. There you go on a really good lap only to realize you ran out of fuel. Great. Why not turn it off so you can fully concentrate on the track instead of fuel? Nonsense.

All those new rules are making this season a mess, with all due respect. I was very excited about this season but all those little things are making it really non enjoyable. The way it is now, it is really terrible. I'm grateful for all the efforts by the organizers and trackmakers but this is just not working. Tyre wearing is bad. Fuel on pre-qualy is bad. 5 people having to come from rookie race is bad. Top 3 laps average system is bad. Wanking on a track that is not the actual race track is bad. There is still time to cancel all this and make something good.

I'm surprised that someone is actually liking the way it is now. Probably wankers. This is a simple game and should be kept simple, which is not at the moment. Everything is as wrong as can be.

Bye
Pre-qualy (this thing that lasts whole week) is fuel off.
Qualy (before race) is fuel on.
:/
I'm a moron \o/

GR8Arjen

Post by GR8Arjen » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:48 pm

dede wrote:
lux2 wrote: - 2 quick sessions (2 server like ihlc) before the main race (instead of rookie race) on a random released track. First 20 -> prorace. All other nothing or a rookie race same track as pro) on another server.
This could actually be a very good option! Everything could start at 21:00 CET, two servers with centralized statistics (just like IHLC). The real problem would be to switch players between those two servers, but we could assign players to servers basing on their skills, so that changes will be limited.

Everything remains like it is now at least for first race, but if most of you agree (and if scripts allow it) we could think to use this new qualifying method for next race!
Wow wow wow, hold your horses here. Two people are not liking the current format and again rule changes are considerd???

How about a poll for this idea?

Because with al due respect...I have the feeling that the number of people liking the current format is much larger then the ones that have problems with it.

Ofcourse everybody's voice should be heard, but I think once again, that even considering such huge changes on the short term is going way to fast. This flip flopping of rules could even became a danger to the stability of the league. (Mister Pom is already the first to prove this theory)

People want to know what they start, and don't like huge format changes during a competition. (I know I don't like it)

It is, and always will be, impossible to please everyone no matter the number of rule changes you try. So let's have the people vote for it.

A simple poll with the question: "Would you like the current pre - qualifying system to be changed?" should be sufficient.

A) Yes, It should be changed
B) No, It is fine as it is now.

I hope we can have this poll done, then agree on the outcome and start racing. ;)
Last edited by GR8Arjen on Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

misterpom

Post by misterpom » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:58 pm

I just went to the server and fuel was on, which is rubbish.

I'm always excited for the season. I think I was part of 3 seasons already. I'm generally very hyped to race. This season is an exception. All the choices that were made are bad. No exception. I understand that people want to give it something new so people won't get tired of the same old formula. This is totally different from the F1 Season I grew to like, though. Do we really need tyre wear? No. It makes a simple game more complex. Do we really need fuel on pre-qualy? No, it only makes you frustrated to have to fill every 2 or 3 laps.

Also, I don't feel like wanking on a old track only to get a stop on the main race. I just want to race the main event on the new track. I don't want to wank Xianlao. I've done it so many times I'm sick of it. I was in the top 5 or something not long ago. I just want to go and play on the new one!

Really, this system is all wrong. It should be cancelled and changed back to what it was with maybe some minor changes. Even server seems to be more laggy. This is terrible as it is now.

Del

Post by Del » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:21 pm

GR8Arjen wrote:Wow wow wow, hold your horses here. Two people are not liking the current format and again rule changes are considerd???
lux and I have expressed our displeasure. You and Pom have expressed your pleasure. 1:1. Well, Pom doesn't even like 3-lap average. 2:1 for us. And it is dede's thingy; make your own league if you don't like it.

He seemed to imply that he will consult us by saying "but if most of you agree"...

Because with al due respect...I have the feeling that the number of people liking the current format is much larger then the ones that have problems with it.
But no data? I have 100% correct data that says that 2 in 3 people would prefer a different format!!!11

Ofcourse everybody's voice should be heard, but I think once again, that even considering such huge changes on the short term is going way to fast. This flip flopping of rules could even became a danger to the stability of the league. (Mister Pom is already the first to prove this theory)
Yeah, making things people like (if they do, that is) is bad.

People want to know what they start, and don't like huge format changes during a competition. (I know I don't like it)
Chill... We haven't even had the first race yet. You can still step out because I know you wouldn't like the change.

A simple poll with the question: "Would you like the current pre - qualifying system to be changed?" should be sufficient.

IMO biased towards option B. Maybe something like Option 1 and Option 2 with 1 being 3-lap average and 2 being 2 10-minute sessions before the race (explained in the first post of the poll). But it's good if we can sort out the wording here.
Also, about those who enter the race to drive 3 laps and then quit because of lag or whatever throughout the season. Anything to be done about them so people who actually want to drive in the race could get to drive?

dede
Community User Level: 5

Post by dede » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:25 pm

Del wrote:I support the idea but why would you have to sort out players between servers? Ghost wanky (it could even be total time... You have 8 laps, total time (or 3 best laps) counts) and no need to sort players.
That would be useful so that we minimize the players who need to change server after that qualifying session. Basically if we put all good players in a server and all newbies to the other, we might have only 3-8 players who'll need to switch. It's just an organizing problem, anyway, it wouldn't affect the way things are done and players results.

Ok, I'll make a poll about pre-qualifying..
Del wrote:Also, about those who enter the race to drive 3 laps and then quit because of lag or whatever throughout the season.
This usually happened with the same players in last season. This time it won't be allowed to quit several races in the middle just because of lag. Those who are likely to do that have been contacted already.

GR8Arjen

Post by GR8Arjen » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:11 pm

Del wrote:
GR8Arjen wrote:Wow wow wow, hold your horses here. Two people are not liking the current format and again rule changes are considerd???
lux and I have expressed our displeasure. You and Pom have expressed your pleasure. 1:1. Well, Pom doesn't even like 3-lap average. 2:1 for us. And it is dede's thingy; make your own league if you don't like it.

He seemed to imply that he will consult us by saying "but if most of you agree"...

But no data? I have 100% correct data that says that 2 in 3 people would prefer a different format!!!11

Yeah, making things people like (if they do, that is) is bad.

Chill... We haven't even had the first race yet. You can still step out because I know you wouldn't like the change.

IMO biased towards option B. Maybe something like Option 1 and Option 2 with 1 being 3-lap average and 2 being 2 10-minute sessions before the race (explained in the first post of the poll). But it's good if we can sort out the wording here.
I am growing very tired of discussing this the way you do. "It's 2-1 for us!" What is this??? Kindergarden? Jeez!

- I didn't liked the first change for the average laptimes, check your facts. Me and Pom are on the same level here.
- This change was suggested for the people that didn't liked Wanking!
A compromise for people like you and Lux, this was generaly accepted since nobody whined about it anymore.
- You have no data, you only have the nerve to use flawed meaningless statistics and the selfish desire to troll around which could only result in friction within the league. Only thing you seem to care about is you not liking the current situation and your doing everything in your power to get what YOU want.

Then the nerve saying: "make your own league if you don't like it."
I like it, Pom likes it, Whip likes it, I know lot's of others like it. Infact, over 25 people liked it so much last year that they came back to race week after week.
The only ones that complain (so far) are you and Lux.

You want all these changes even after a compromise is already made for crying out loud. But it isn't enough, and probably will never be enough if I see how you behave and react.

I think it would be best for you to make your own league instead of me. You can then even go for a reverse driving league or something, which in matter effect, I might even join.

But please stop trying to put me into a corner, twisting facts, and use childish tactics to get what you want. It is not in the best interest of the league whatsoever. Let's just race and stop this madness!

Del

Post by Del » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:44 pm

GR8Arjen wrote:I am growing very tired of discussing this the way you do. "It's 2-1 for us!" What is this??? Kindergarden? Jeez!
Just satirising you there:
- I didn't liked the first change for the average laptimes, check your facts. Me and Pom are on the same level here.
Never said that you liked it, but you expressed your preference of it over IHLC-style limited wanking while Pom only said he doesn't like the 3-lap system.
- This change was suggested for the people that didn't liked Wanking!
The people who like wanking had their funs last year. Again, do you have conclusive proof that most players prefer the 1-week wanking over IHLC-style limited time wanking?
A compromise for people like you and Lux, this was generaly accepted since nobody whined about it anymore.
lux got a new idea and posted it on the forums. dede picked it up of his own accord. What's wrong if the majority of people happen to like it?
- You have no data, you only have the nerve to use flawed meaningless statistics and the selfish desire to troll around which could only result in friction within the league. Only thing you seem to care about is you not liking the current situation and your doing everything in your power to get what YOU want.
<insert first point here> Also, only thing you seem to care about is keeping the status quo even though most people may or may not find a new system better. This is pointless.

Then the nerve saying: "make your own league if you don't like it."
I like it, (you don't like the 3 point system, you don't like the proposed new pre-quali system) Pom likes it (he just announced he's out of the league), Whip likes it, I know lot's of others like it. Infact, over 25 people liked it so much last year that they came back to race week after week.
Would as many people have participated in the IHLC-style pre-quali as will participate in Sunday's rookie and pro race?
The only ones that complain (so far) are you and Lux.
The only person to really express their satisfaction with the status quo after lux' suggestion is you. 2>1. Again, check the first point. Others haven't posted but most players will have an opinion on the matter.

You want all these changes even after a compromise is already made for crying out loud. But it isn't enough, and probably will never be enough if I see how you behave and react.
Hey, it was lux' suggestion which I think was pretty good (better than the current system. dede didn't dismiss it immediately either. I don't understand why 1-week wank is THE format for pre-quali that should never ever be touched.

I think it would be best for you to make your own league instead of me. You can then even go for a reverse driving league or something, which in matter effect, I might even join.
It's dede's league and he thought the idea (and it wasn't mine either) was at least somewhat promising. If you aren't prepared to accept the change it really is you who should make your own league or make a better suggestion or just accept it.

Augusto
Community User Level: 1

Post by Augusto » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:02 pm

im not in the list yet :S.... please add me

JoHn_5

Post by JoHn_5 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:40 pm

For all you tired of wanking here is a solution:

1. Post a time enough to be in Rookie race - should make it in one session or two sessions.
2. Win Rookie race.
3. Race in Pro race.

See, you don't need to wank.

misterpom

Post by misterpom » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:52 pm

To make it clear: 3 lap average is only ONE of the things I don't like on this cup so far. There are many others.

It got better now I was told that the actual pre-qualy server does not have fuel. I got into another server I had on recent (master server is not working here) that ALSO has Xianlao. So I got confused there. My stupid mistake.

Way too many things that I liked were changed. Dede tried to argue that tyre damage doesn't make any difference depending on your racing tactics. I say drop it but he says that there will be tyre damage and that's the end of it. I think it's crap, still. F1 Season never needed this to be fun. This is a simple game. People are trying to create the wheel and make a fuckin' simulator with thousands tactics. That's bullshit. I can't believe people think this is the way to go.

I might try to race once or something so I won't be accused of "not giving it a chance". Yes, I could always be wrong or not resist playing even if it's crappy.

The feeling that I get is something like "Yeah, you don't like it? f*** you, we don't need you". It's just how it is and if you don't want it, who cares? I think it's really sad that after years on the community, you get to realize that your opinion is pretty much irrelevant.

I really doubt it that this is a majority position. I can't belive that people would actually want this kind of gimmick on a game that's supposed to be simple.

dede

Post by dede » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:42 pm

Augusto wrote:im not in the list yet :S.... please add me
Ok added, should work after next race. If anybody has the same problem, please pop up in this topic.

Oh, please, some players use same nickname but with different hash. Please DO NOT change your player in this league. Once created, select it and keep it for the whole league!
GR8Arjen wrote:I didn't liked the first change for the average laptimes [...] This change was suggested for the people that didn't liked Wanking!
This is actually wrong. This change was made to make the gap between players possibly bigger, so you need three lucky-laps in a row to get a good laptime and not just one. For this reason, I believe that real wankers have even bigger chances to qualify, since they will try harder than other players.

Anyway, I suggest to everybody to stop arguing and get angry at Del's posts. For those who read the forum daily it shouldn't be hard to understand that he likes this kind of discussions. The more you argue, the better for him!
misterpom wrote:I think it's really sad that after years on the community, you get to realize that your opinion is pretty much irrelevant.
In a 40 players cup opinions are still important, but the cup won't change just because one or two "seasoned" players say that current settings are worse than previous seasons'. Race settings have been tried and discussed in test races, so the cup is as it is now.
I am sad because my biggest TS friend doesn't join this cup (reason: "I don't like the car"), but I'm not changing the car to Slider just to have him on board. If it's fun for you, then join, otherwise cya at next cup! Sad or not, it's like this.

PAOLO

Post by PAOLO » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:37 am

also isaak wants to join.thanks

szymek66

Post by szymek66 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:00 pm

add me

GR8Arjen

Post by GR8Arjen » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:32 pm

Tijny wrote:Live stats: http://141.138.196.151/F1/
Kick!

(for the newer players )

mjay

Post by mjay » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:10 pm

im in it :D
fresh to death #YOLO

Ivan Drago

Post by Ivan Drago » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:20 pm

Who is this Arjen anyway? Has anyone ever seen him outside the F1?

I bet we have here a real wippe who spends 9 months of a year wanking F1 offline and then shows up when the F1 league is announced. Wouldn't pay too much attention on his views on other game modes...

misterpom

Post by misterpom » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:01 pm

What is the IP to the server? Master server is down here.

dede

Post by dede » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:24 pm

misterpom wrote:What is the IP to the server? Master server is down here.
For those who have problems connecting to master server, please check the TurboSliders.com Servers List

GR8Arjen

Post by GR8Arjen » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:04 am

Ivan Drago wrote:Who is this Arjen anyway? Has anyone ever seen him outside the F1?

I bet we have here a real wippe who spends 9 months of a year wanking F1 offline and then shows up when the F1 league is announced. Wouldn't pay too much attention on his views on other game modes...
I beg your pardon....

I am playing this game since even back in the old 0,96 days.

Raced in the demo version years later, and was a regular in the Tera servers till far after
I also have raced in FC, Nascar F1League, GPOR, and Puschtras Cup.

Who the hell you think you are judging my opinions regarding this cup???

My interests are only to protect the league, the weekly event, (atmosphere) and the training/introduction of new players.

Unlike others, I care about more then just myself.

What do you bring in, besides your negative tone mr Ivan Drago???
Please tell me, because I already figured out it is not any skills.

Ivan Drago

Post by Ivan Drago » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:47 am

GR8Arjen wrote: I am playing this game since even back in the old 0,96 days.
0.96 huh? Must have been some own version of yours for offline wanking? The version I used to play was called 0.86b.

GR8Arjen wrote: Raced in the demo version years later, and was a regular in the Tera servers till far after
I also have raced in FC, Nascar F1League, GPOR, and Puschtras Cup.
Very nice. So the 10e or something for the game was way too much, even though you care about it so much, much more than just yourself...
GR8Arjen wrote:
Who the hell you think you are judging my opinions regarding this cup???
Well, I guess I have the right to express my opinion. Seems you didn't like it, nothing wrong with that either.

GR8Arjen wrote: What do you bring in, besides your negative tone mr Ivan Drago???
Please tell me, because I already figured out it is not any skills.
Thanks for proving the point of my earlier post.

GR8Arjen

Post by GR8Arjen » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:56 am

0.96 huh? Must have been some own version of yours for offline wanking? The version I used to play was called 0.86b.

Oh sorry for mixing up the numbers, It has been many years ago since I played 0.86, but I was an active player from there till now, although I had a Sabbatical between years.

Very nice. So the 10e or something for the game was way too much, even though you care about it so much, much more than just yourself...

What???

I would urge you to make comments that make more sence and more important.. Have anything to do regarding this topic.

Well, I guess I have the right to express my opinion. Seems you didn't like it, nothing wrong with that either.

true

Thanks for proving the point of my earlier post.

What point? I can recall you shouting and making fun of me not able to qualify at all... So I am curious now. :)

Ivan Drago

Post by Ivan Drago » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:30 am

GR8Arjen wrote: What???

I would urge you to make comments that make more sence and more important.. Have anything to do regarding this topic
I was just replying...
GR8Arjen wrote: What point? I can recall you shouting and making fun of me not able to qualify at all... So I am curious now. :)
Ehh... maybe you can paste the parts of me making fun of you not able to qualify at all. I never said that. What I said was that you are a wanker and that sentence includes the assumption that you will qualify. My point that you proved was when you said that I don't have any skills. That shows that you're only looking at the F1 wanking results and how badly I did with those. I just shows the narrow view you have on TS which was the point of my first post.

And I admit it, I suck at F1, I'll never make it and I'm not that desperate about it that I would spend hours trying. Not even 3 hours.