TurboSliders.com F1 League 2011 Edition

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

dede
Community User Level: 5

Post by dede » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:03 pm

Pingu is true. Many players are worried about calculations and tyre wear effect. What I say is: we know that best tactics are 2 and 3 stops, so it's easy to plan the fuel strategy accordingly (Pingu explained it all).

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:33 pm

Whiplash wrote:Not for me. Sorry, I just hate to make live calculations. It makes no sense for me cause I never know how my setup will work. Last year I could predict all details (I could exactly know what lap is planned for pit), which was something that I enjoyed testing before the race. Now I make "strategy" which is more like random hit and watching what will be happening.
I can't enjoy in such kind of racing, especially when it last 30 min. Sorry again.
That is seriously patetic, and not just a little bit. Like Pingu said, with some very basic steps you can easily calculate your strategy beforehand.

1) How many stops am I going to make?
2) How many laps do I want to drive in every stint?
3) How much fuel do I need for my stints?

Suppose the race is 46 laps, I might decide to go for a 3 stop-strategy with stints of 12+11+11+12 laps. You can roughly calculate the fuel percentage you need for a given number of laps with this formula:

(average lap time / seconds of acceleration for a full tank) × lap number × 100%

So for 12 laps with a laptime of 34 seconds I would need:
(34.000 / 1650) × 12 × 100% = 24.7%

This is a pretty safe estimate, since I'm not including the idle consumption in my calculation. I only have to calculate and remember this number before the race, for my 11-lap stints I can just refuel 2% less.

See, it really doesn't take a math wizard to figure this out, and you don't have to calculate anything during the race either.

Lexx
Community User Level: 2

Post by Lexx » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:36 pm

Which is extremely boring.

We should make the difference between pro's and rookies smaller. I mean; Yesterday only 5(?) out of 19 finished on the lead lap, which is just lame. Of course, some people are better than others, but we should encourage to have better racing and more fighting for positions. Yesterday half of the cars couldn't even race because of an (imiginary) blue flag.

As Pingu explained you need 90-100% fuel per race. Which means that this season all you'll see is 2 or 3 stoppers to get to that amount. I'd like to have a 62 lap race, or maybe even just 29 laps on the SAME track. Just to keep it interesting.

Also; With this new system a lot of people that won't qualify for the pro race won't bother at all. When I hear that I'm outside the top 20 I'll just close my game and don't care.

pablinho15

Post by pablinho15 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:00 pm

Lanz - Shy Guy
Incredible.

FUN - F***!!!

For my part, I had 1 week without internet xD :P

dede

Post by dede » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:01 pm

Lexx wrote:Also; With this new system a lot of people that won't qualify for the pro race won't bother at all. When I hear that I'm outside the top 20 I'll just close my game and don't care.
Uhm, why? I think it's motivating if I drive with people with same pace as me, rather than finishing dead last and four laps down.
Same race settings for both servers, so it will be like driving the same race (unluckily we can't have 40 players in the same server).

Lexx

Post by Lexx » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:33 pm

dede wrote:
Lexx wrote:Also; With this new system a lot of people that won't qualify for the pro race won't bother at all. When I hear that I'm outside the top 20 I'll just close my game and don't care.
Uhm, why? I think it's motivating if I drive with people with same pace as me, rather than finishing dead last and four laps down.
Same race settings for both servers, so it will be like driving the same race (unluckily we can't have 40 players in the same server).
Sloppy seconds.

Ivan Drago

Post by Ivan Drago » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:04 pm

Lexx wrote:When I hear that I'm outside the top 20 I'll just close my game and don't care.
This sounds like you feel that you should be automatically in the pro race. Doesn't surprise me a bit. Btw, we had really nice racing in the rookie race and watching how you did in pro, maybe you should've been there too.

shyguy1001

Post by shyguy1001 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:56 pm

Lexx wrote:Which is extremely boring.

We should make the difference between pro's and rookies smaller. I mean; Yesterday only 5(?) out of 19 finished on the lead lap, which is just lame. Of course, some people are better than others, but we should encourage to have better racing and more fighting for positions. Yesterday half of the cars couldn't even race because of an (imiginary) blue flag.

As Pingu explained you need 90-100% fuel per race. Which means that this season all you'll see is 2 or 3 stoppers to get to that amount. I'd like to have a 62 lap race, or maybe even just 29 laps on the SAME track. Just to keep it interesting.

Also; With this new system a lot of people that won't qualify for the pro race won't bother at all. When I hear that I'm outside the top 20 I'll just close my game and don't care.
Man, don't complain about the blue flags, you know how annoying it can be in SCARTS where you are leading a race and get held up.. I was held up a fair bit in that race. If you don't like blue flags, get faster :P

Jaykoq

Post by Jaykoq » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:06 pm

One question.

Are points ok? (that was for dede)

If you see me somewhere online, tell me what I have to change.
I want that standings are updated in 22.30CET (if races are over in 22.15CET)
I'm a moron \o/

shyguy1001

Post by shyguy1001 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:17 pm

Points are interesting, very NASCAR/SCARTS like, it will reward consistency over race wins and punish bad finishes heavily. Only problem for me with the new system is that what if you can't turn up until the scheduled time, or what if you have terrible lags in that session - perhaps a whole day to qualify would be better? Or maybe, lock the top 10 in points in to the next race.

Lexx

Post by Lexx » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:39 pm

Ivan Drago wrote:
Lexx wrote:When I hear that I'm outside the top 20 I'll just close my game and don't care.
This sounds like you feel that you should be automatically in the pro race. Doesn't surprise me a bit. Btw, we had really nice racing in the rookie race and watching how you did in pro, maybe you should've been there too.
Always quick with drawing conclusions, aren't you?

No, it doesn't sound like that. I just think that I won't be motivated to race with idiots like you.

dede

Post by dede » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:56 pm

shyguy1001 wrote: Only problem for me with the new system is that what if you can't turn up until the scheduled time, or what if you have terrible lags in that session - perhaps a whole day to qualify would be better?
Only best 8 races will count, so you can miss 2 races or screw them up as you wish!

GR8Arjen
Community User Level: 3

Post by GR8Arjen » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:28 am

What Lexx means is... What I already said. No wildcards to get into pro race, means no motivation for rookie race.

Those wildcards are imo the only reason why rookie race keeps people coming, and it leaves the door open for true racers that are perhaps not so good in qualifing, but have for instance better overtaking skills, and/or are more consistent during a full race.

I realy don't like the new format for reasons I now well have explained over and over. I think it will create bigger gaps (*) between players, and eventually lead to less rookies because there is less promotion in the form of a weekly wank.

And perhaps it will lead to less other players aswell, because I am seriously thinking about resigning from the league now.

(*) 5-10 mins for pre-qualifing is perhaps enough for the top players blessed with talent. The hard working midfield that needs tracktime to get up to pace pure powered on motivation are the ones that will suffer the most of this new format.

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:18 am

So why drive the "pro" race? There's nothing you can gain with that either.

:roll:

One thing we thought of is that top placings in the "rookie" race would be given a wildcard for the next "pro" race. It's not ideal, but at least it's something. Man, this would all be so much easier if dede didn't insist on using unreleased tracks. :P

GR8Arjen

Post by GR8Arjen » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:20 am

Tijny wrote:So why drive the "pro" race? There's nothing you can gain with that either.

:roll:
Are you kidding me? (And all the current drivers that compete on rookie level fighting for a wildcard!) I don't even feel the need explaining this point further.
Tijny wrote: Man, this would all be so much easier if dede didn't insist on using unreleased tracks. :P
How exactly do you see this?

Ivan Drago

Post by Ivan Drago » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:58 am

GR8Arjen wrote: Those wildcards are imo the only reason why rookie race keeps people coming, and it leaves the door open for true racers that are perhaps not so good in qualifing, but have for instance better overtaking skills, and/or are more consistent during a full race.
I can only speak for myself but I didn't go to rookie race with the idea of getting to pro race in my mind. I went to get some good racing with people whose pace is at the same level that mine and it delivered very nicely, as most of the race it was close combat with sejtan and jaykoq.
GR8Arjen wrote: (*) 5-10 mins for pre-qualifing is perhaps enough for the top players blessed with talent. The hard working midfield that needs tracktime to get up to pace pure powered on motivation are the ones that will suffer the most of this new format.
I'm gonna point out the same thing that I pointed at Lexx, which he obviously missed (big surprise huh). If you can't make it to the pro cup be the method this or whatever, then you obviously don't deserve the spot. If I, for instance, happen to beat you, then I deserve it more than you. And to clarify once again, I'm not saying that's going to happen. I can't get the idea of anyone suffering, in this format everyone is much more equal than in the previous format. Btw, the rookie race gives you points as well...

Lanz
Community User Level: 4

Post by Lanz » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:19 am

from 15% less per day, to 100% in one day!

lux2

Post by lux2 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:37 am

I can't believe... I completely agree with drago...!
Lanz wrote:from 15% less per day, to 100% in one day!
Yes, you are almost right.
I was there, but I was alone.

dede

Post by dede » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:41 am

I see there's little confusion of what the Rookie race is meant to be. Rookie race IS NOT a qualifying session for Pro race, although we always prized top 2 finishers with a Pro race wildcard.
Rookie race IS exactly as Pro race, the only difference is players skill. The ideal split between the two races should generate results so that 20th in Pro race will get a better totaltime than 1st of Rookie race.

As Tijny pointed out, we are thinking about the possibility to give a wildcar for top 2 finishers of Rookie race (they won't need to qualify for next Pro race). This way consistency will be prized as well.

dede

Post by dede » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:47 pm

Ok, I also took a final decision about teams. You can team up with anybody, join with your real or fictional team, with or without tag, with or without team colors! Please let's not make too big teams (I would fix the max size around 5 players).

All players will contribute to team standings!

P.S. Tijny-xzeal: Let's join as [+] team?

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:43 pm

dede wrote: P.S. Tijny-xzeal: Let's join as [+] team?
no other chance to beat FUN(PAB,POPO,SHY,ARJEN and ME!) this year!? :D

pablinho15

Post by pablinho15 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:52 pm

Lanz wrote:
dede wrote: P.S. Tijny-xzeal: Let's join as [+] team?
no other chance to beat FUN(PAB,POPO,SHY,ARJEN and ME!) this year!? :D
F***UN

xD

Jaykoq

Post by Jaykoq » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:55 pm

dede wrote:Ok, I also took a final decision about teams. You can team up with anybody, join with your real or fictional team, with or without tag, with or without team colors! Please let's not make too big teams (I would fix the max size around 5 players).

Pls dede, edit 1st post with official teams so I can make everything in standings sheets :D
I'm littlebit busy during the week :(

Ps. I want to team up with someone too \o/
Idea just went thru my mind ... Who about Balkan team, ex-yu or something :D (whip, sejtan, robby? :D)
I'm a moron \o/

dede

Post by dede » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:22 pm

Jaykoq wrote:Pls dede, edit 1st post with official teams so I can make everything in standings sheets :D
Yes, I'll update first post with all information as soon as I have time.

xzeal

Post by xzeal » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:52 pm

dede wrote:Ok, I also took a final decision about teams. You can team up with anybody, join with your real or fictional team, with or without tag, with or without team colors! Please let's not make too big teams (I would fix the max size around 5 players).

Sure - as long as I get to be called "Team leader", because obviously I will be the most important member!