TurboSliders.com F1 League 2011 Edition

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Wokinger
Community User Level: 3

Post by Wokinger » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:01 pm

18th start position wasn't good. First stint was so difficult. There were so many things, which went me crazy (small mistakes, traffic jams :D). Second and third stints were better and I was close to Lux. A few laps battle with him was cool. After our last pits I hoped that we would fight again, but 2s gap was quite steady.

After all I know that if I learn this car and do sth with my driving in Q i'll be able to finish regular in 10 ;)

Pingu
Community User Level: 5

Post by Pingu » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:08 pm

Dang coudn't make it :(. Can anybody host the replay + track :) Cant wait to watch :lol:

pablinho15
Community User Level: 2

Post by pablinho15 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:21 pm

Pingu wrote:Dang coudn't make it :(. Can anybody host the replay + track :) Cant wait to watch :lol:
Look at my first lap, I was beaten all over lol

http://www.mediafire.com/?yal4t5bs8yfqsbw

:P

dede

Post by dede » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:23 pm

Pah! Sorry for the extra waiting, things will go better next time! Big thanks to Tijny for his huge efforts as trackmaker, programmer and, why not, as driver! We should all be grateful to him!

About my race, I think I did great.. Couple of more laps and I would've gained one or two positions more. Oh, the pronunciation of my name isn't "dee dee".. it's more like "thethe", at least that's how the "e" should sound.. dhedhe aheheh... Well, at least with the current results you won't speak much about me :)

Race #2 Videos
Race #2 Track
Last edited by dede on Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

misterpom

Post by misterpom » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:29 pm

My race was decent before I got incredible amount of lag. I couldn't keep my car on the track and I lost like 6 positions or something. I waited but then it got worse and I knew it would be dangerous to other players. When I started getting lapped, I knew it was going nowhere and I quit.

I'm sorry dede. I really tried.

[siLciR]

Post by [siLciR] » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:24 pm

Pretty decent race, pretty much the best result i could get today....

After a decent qualy where i got 8th, I knew that i could fight for a top5 position having in consideration tinjy, pablo, dede, which i thought were probably faster, and mike nike and Lanz would be my targets to surpass..

I had a great start, and while i didnt have any consistency, which made me drop places to pablo and lanz (i think), i never let them get to far and i think pablo did 3 stops, and after the last stop i think i made some low 39s laps in a row which got me a safe distance from lanz, after that i messed up a bit but not enough to lose position.

In the end 2nd was really the best i could hope for given some lucky circumstances, like dedo spinning around, even though i admit i'm kinda slower than in the other F1 cups we made, and certainly less confident aproaching brake/throttle/turn points.

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:54 am

Dee-Dee?? Haven always been thinking it was Dèh-dèh lol

misterpom

Post by misterpom » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:30 am

Dee Dee sounds weird. Too feminine. Switch to Deh-Deh, really. :lol:

shyguy1001

Post by shyguy1001 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:52 am

Yes, dee-dee/deaday watch the race video and give us some final confirmation! :D

Ivan Drago

Post by Ivan Drago » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:19 am

On the race itself:

Did Teen-jay change his colors for this race? Seemed different and when he lapped me I was first very confused if it was actually popo on steroids. I did let him pass though. At least shyguy had changed colors? In my opinion, it would be much easier if people simply stick to the same colors for the whole season.

I know Jaykoq didn't update the team results yet but they seem wrong for the first race too. I thought the idea was to include only the scores of the two best drivers of a team in a race.

shyguy1001

Post by shyguy1001 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:23 am

I changed colours back to my original ones by popular demand :P And titsnee/teenay ( :P ) always changes his colours many times..

dede

Post by dede » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:16 pm

Ivan Drago wrote:I know Jaykoq didn't update the team results yet but they seem wrong for the first race too. I thought the idea was to include only the scores of the two best drivers of a team in a race.
I didn't get enough feedback on this, so at the moment we sum up all points.
Do you want to consider only top 2/3 top scorers?

Ivan Drago

Post by Ivan Drago » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:24 pm

dede wrote:I didn't get enough feedback on this, so at the moment we sum up all points. Do you want to consider only top 2/3 top scorers?
Well, in my opinion it would be a more fair solution. The current way benefits teams with more players and encourages to recruit as many members as possible. Of course I'm part of a small team here so my opinion is kinda corrupted but anyway it seems stupid to compare a team with 5 players to a team with 2 players.

Etmil

Post by Etmil » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:55 pm

shyguy1001 wrote:Yes, dee-dee/deaday watch the race video and give us some final confirmation! :D
Heheh :D Told you its Deaday!
Anyway, why'd you leave out 'on that bombshell..'? :D

Etmil

Post by Etmil » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:01 pm

Here comes my race story!

Qualification

Went pretty well, although I couldn't really find a good line through the first couple of corners. All in all, calculations were perfect and I ended up 4th which I was very satisfied with (cause it's the same grid position I had last time). But last time I had more fuel.. for this circuit I thought a 3-stop strategy would work out better.

Race

My start wasn't too bad, actually. But nevertheless I had lots of trouble - drivers behind me having different braking points and bumping me so I couldn't keep my racing line. Teammate Lexx went past and then I was struggling to keep Silcir behind. After a few laps I found myself running 4th again so I was happy to see that. In the 1st stint I was battling with Silcir mostly, as I said and then I pitted for my next 25% of fuel.

Rejoined around 10th position. After some others pitted as well I was 3rd and struggling to maintain gap to the chasing drivers behind.. think Pablinho was there and probably someone else as well. They didn't overtake me, but I felt they came quite close anyway. Then pitted again for fuel..

..and came out from the pits running 7th behind Misterpom. This time he was fairly easy on me while I was trying to overtake. Eventually I made it past him and was 5th. Probably someone had pitted meanwhile and I was chasing down Mike Nike for 4th. Mainly I was driving alone here (actually the same in 2nd stint) with the chasing group 2-3 secs behind me. Throughout the whole race I actually found myself running 2nd and 3rd and that was quite surprising. Same with my third stint.. at the end of it I was 2nd and then pitted for the third and last time.

I came out 6th behind Lanz, Mike Nike and Pablinho. And we were all basically separated by a mere 1 sec between each of the drivers. It went back and forth and I was really really pushing to try and join the battle. I always have top 5 as my goal in each race so running 6th I was kind of desperate. Mike and Pablinho were fighting each other, so sometimes it seemed to give me the upper hand and I did get really close to them a couple of times but I was probably trying too hard when I saw Mike just +0.2s ahead of me and we were going into that sweeping turn just after the first couple of bends. I ended up on the sand many times and finally I just ran out of laps. The race ended and I was a bit disappointed to be 6th and not being able to overtake these guys in front of me, who were so close. Yet when I look at the championship standings I'm still 4th overall with just a single point to Mike Nike. It still looks fairly good to me! :) And I'm hoping to stay in the battle for top 5, of course - an occasional podium wouldn't be too bad, either :D

@ Tijny: I take back what I said about your track earlier on the server. I liked the layout, generally.. and you certainly put in a lot of effort with the landscape and those new tiles and terrains. I still had lots of fun driving it. I guess it just took me by surprise and I needed a bit more time to get used to everything. Sorry! :oops:

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:10 pm

Etmil wrote:@ Tijny: I take back what I said about your track earlier on the server. I liked the layout, generally.. and you certainly put in a lot of effort with the landscape and those new tiles and terrains. I still had lots of fun driving it. I guess it just took me by surprise and I needed a bit more time to get used to everything. Sorry! :oops:
Well, you were at least partially right, I do tend to take the easy way out by flood-filling with trees. :D But yeah, I was quite bored with my old style of landscaping and tried going for a more playful look and feel. In my personal opinion it worked out pretty well, although of course there were people who felt differently about it. Like Shygay for instance, I mean come on, surely it's worth more than 3/10... :cry:

My race story in a nutshell:
I should've gotten a bit more out of the qualifying round, starting 2nd with a not-so-good lap. As soon as the race started dede and I immediately got a gap on the rest of the field, overtaking each other a few times. Then in lap 7 I beefed him so hard that he got disconnected (might post a video of that later...), and from there on out it was just a matter of cruising to the victory.

Lexx

Post by Lexx » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:37 pm

Qualify

I barely made it into the Pro Race so I had no expectations. I was at a 40.3xx and thought; OK, let's fight with xzeal and Sejtan for last spots. Last lap I accidently drove a 39.7 and was 5th. What the heck.

Race

I knew that favorites like Lanz/Silcir/Shyguy would pass me eventually but I tried my best and wanted to see how long I could keep this up. I believe I was 3rd after 3 laps but then lost positions quickly. Didn't care... All of a sudden I was 8th and figured that that's the position I somewhere belonged. Had a good fight with Shyguy but he managed to pass me, got him back at one point but quickly backed off. He crashed [disconnected] a couple of laps later. I almost crashed into him since I made the same 'mistake' but I saved myself and found myself in 8th again. I then got into a fight with John, who was lapped but who wasn't any slower than me. Kinda confusing... I passed him a couple of times and so did he. We both lost some time there but who cares. After my 2nd PIT Hevonen came to fight me for 7th. I'd like to apologise to Hevonen since I wrongly accused him of unfair driving after the race. After checking the video it was minor contact, nothing bad. Last ~8 laps were mediocre. Got +5 seconds on Hev and -5 seconds on Del so I settled for place 8 which was pretty much the best I could do on this track.

I finally did a race where I didn't make that many mistakes, only problem was that I was kinda slow since I couldn't find the correct line on some turns. Good race!

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:08 pm

Tijny wrote:Then in lap 7 I beefed him so hard that he got disconnected (might post a video of that later...)
And here it is, Eddie pwns dede!

Might have to watch it several times to see what I did there. :P

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:14 pm

Tijny wrote:
Tijny wrote:Then in lap 7 I beefed him so hard that he got disconnected (might post a video of that later...)
And here it is, Eddie pwns dede!

Rofl, give me a missile like that for next race :twisted:

dede

Post by dede » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:31 pm

Tijny wrote:And here it is, Eddie pwns dede!

I wish it was so easy explaining my disconnections ;)

shyguy1001

Post by shyguy1001 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:34 pm

Tijny wrote:
Etmil wrote:@ Tijny: I take back what I said about your track earlier on the server. I liked the layout, generally.. and you certainly put in a lot of effort with the landscape and those new tiles and terrains. I still had lots of fun driving it. I guess it just took me by surprise and I needed a bit more time to get used to everything. Sorry! :oops:
Well, you were at least partially right, I do tend to take the easy way out by flood-filling with trees. :D But yeah, I was quite bored with my old style of landscaping and tried going for a more playful look and feel. In my personal opinion it worked out pretty well, although of course there were people who felt differently about it. Like Shygay for instance, I mean come on, surely it's worth more than 3/10... :cry:

My race story in a nutshell:
I should've gotten a bit more out of the qualifying round, starting 2nd with a not-so-good lap. As soon as the race started dede and I immediately got a gap on the rest of the field, overtaking each other a few times. Then in lap 7 I beefed him so hard that he got disconnected (might post a video of that later...), and from there on out it was just a matter of cruising to the victory.
Lol yes whoops, you'll probably see I gave it three by accident, then eight, but then clicked "back" on my browser which automatically gives it 3 again :oops:

I like to see different terrains/tiles, obviously I would not like every track to be like this but I like uniquness

And ahuahuahauhaua such a funny video! You am master at editing tsr recordings.. please, help me for the race video!! A video of the pole lap would be nice :)

Lanz
Community User Level: 4
Community User Level: 4

Post by Lanz » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:04 pm

another great racing! pretty decent race with no big mistakes! very nice battle thruout the whole race for 2nd position! from silc to etmil everybody had the chance to take the spots on the podium! ofc because of dede´s problems! very close racing, after lap 10 everbody seemed to be almost equal fast, running consistently in same positions splitted up only due to different pit stop strategies! still wondering how consistent i was on an unknown track! specially my last stint was very good! mike was giving me some pressure but i could handle it thx to pab who was giving some pressure to mike! but i really liked this track! easy to remember but with some very tricky corners! good job T!

GR8Arjen

Post by GR8Arjen » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:51 pm

I was unfortunatly not able to race because of private issue's. :(

I hope I will be around as normal next week. ;)

Jan

Post by Jan » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:24 pm

Ok sign me in then as there isn't wanking anymore. ;)

Hevonen

Post by Hevonen » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:46 am

Sorry Lexx, I was a bit too aggressive and should have let you pass after that little push. Good race for me though. 7th place is best I could do. Seems im much better in races than in quali. Hoping to finish top ten in every race.