TurboSliders.com F1 League 2011 Edition

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

dede
Community User Level: 5

Post by dede » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:22 pm

xzeal wrote:PPS: dede - I seriously hope you dont plan on having more than 2 rain races in this season.
Let's make a deal.. max 2 rain races if you show up at next one :D

dede

Post by dede » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:59 pm

bazter

Post by bazter » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:10 pm

and my?

bazter

Post by bazter » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:13 pm

dede myyy

misterpom
Community User Level: 3

Post by misterpom » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:06 pm

Bad pre qualy. Then I go to rookie race and I do the pole with a mediocre time. Then I'm leading and lag starts and it's impossible to drive.

There is no way really. Even if I didn't fail miserably on pre qualy, my race would have been ruined anyway. I used to practice everyday and tried to be better and got excited about the whole cup and that is gone, it seems. It got to a point that it feels like when you're a kid and your parents make you go to the church every sunday.

I quit. This time for real.

Good luck everyone with the cup.

pablinho15
Community User Level: 2

Post by pablinho15 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:27 pm

Lap 26 - Pablinho --> Mike. hahaha.

Nice race guys.

lux2

Post by lux2 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:27 pm

Etmil's track shape was not so bad expecially considering what he likes.

From my point of view, there were all the things I don't like: hairpins, glue outside of the track and many shortcuts possible.

It was hard/dangerous to race close (and in front) to those that were shortcutting. Always pushing.

Looking forward to next one.

EDIT: sorry to Eddie for blocking in one of the last laps. I confused him with Wokinger . :oops:

Jaykoq

Post by Jaykoq » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:35 pm

Rookie race was bad for me in all segments.

9th on grid, but pushed out of track by stupid newbies.
2nd lap - 16th (last)
So I tried to climb back to tops, I kamikazed few guys because they did the same.

Finished 9th, I wanted to push Hevonen on straight, but I missed him, he went zigzag :/

Give me results from Pro so I can give you Drivers standings :P
I'm a moron \o/

Wokinger

Post by Wokinger » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:42 pm

Good race for me. With many battles. I felt comfortable on this track and i had high hopes for the best result in my F1 League career. But then I was disconnected (making pit stop).. I lost 20s and I had to drive last laps with 100% fuel... I could be 9th. I was 16th. Anyway thx for nice battles on my first stint ;)

Jaykoq

Post by Jaykoq » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:48 pm

Jaykoq wrote:
Jaykoq wrote:You will have to update me with new teams, points sturcture for teams etc. :D

And pls tell me results of rookie race.

Everything is up to date.
Follow link from quote :D

Team stats probably tommorow.
I'm a moron \o/

Del

Post by Del » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:00 pm

Pre-quali oddness (didn't quite get turns 3-4 or whatever) and rookie race. I'd like to see the end to the mayhem that is the back of the rookie race pack. Bruno and Ninjinha are pretty much impossible to pass (or if you do pass them you'll end up in the sand in the next corner) as Jaycock, xzeal, kkyborg, Hevonen and others will testify (and it's no better if you're lapping them). Not sure how I feel about simms; he usually lets lappers go very well like Jim Clark but he's pretty keen to beef you in the next corner (this happened at least to me and Dide (a few laps earlier and less blatant)).

The full, unofficial rookie race replay can be found here. Check out the mad defending skills of Bruno and Ninjinha; you may learn a thing or 2403942.

I also apologize for any naughtiness (probably mostly at the start and some unintentional "speed stealing" out of corners). Also I felt a bit bad (I remembered it wrong, though still feel a tiny little bit bad) about lap 26 where I get the lead from Hevonen because Bruno blocks him when we're lapping him. Hevonen did get the lead back though (by my mistake, didn't give it intentionally for sure) but I managed to retake it and cruise to the win when he made a mistake on the last lap or something.

Etmil

Post by Etmil » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:05 pm

lux2 wrote:Etmil's track shape was not so bad expecially considering what he likes. From my point of view, there were all the things I don't like: hairpins, glue outside of the track and many shortcuts possible.
It was hard/dangerous to race close (and in front) to those that were shortcutting. Always pushing. Looking forward to next one.
I'm so sorry! Will not try to make s*** patetic tracks anymore, or tracks at all for that matter.. :cry:

PS. Will post race story tomorrow..
Last edited by Etmil on Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:07 pm

This track was realllly good, somehow I really got the hang quickly of this track, it was like 2nd lap in i just tried to first chicane full throttle and it kinda seemed possible. Also the race was f*ck awesome.... Hardly any laps alone many many fights. Also a very nice train with lanz, lexx, dede and me. In one turn Lanz got taken over by 3 cars lol :lol: . But yea the sligtest mistakes were punished quickly.

After pitstops Pablito got behind mike and another one later, was really happy with this so i could get a small gap on him since he was faster. But pitty he came after me and shy on his worse tires was holding me up.. pablito came in and got me. In the final corners i made a nice run on shy after he made a mistake and took the inside and got him :D. And then I also had a sick battle with lexx and many more... Too much this race :) 4th very nice result! :)

The cutting was maybe a bit to much but with tyre dynamics that might be even cooler corners like this. I havent seen major pileups first chicane while i thought that in the first laps that coulda happen but no

dede

Post by dede » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:44 pm

Pre-Quali
I got surprised by Pingu's fastest lap, I couldn't catch him.. At the end of pre-quali I found a good line.

Warmup
I mistyped "/startfuel" so I needed to run with 100% fuel.

Quali
I started with low fuel (40%), planning to go on a 3 stopper. Tijny was faster than me, but my lap was fast enough to be on first row.

Race
I started both races (pro&rookie) at the same time, but in rookie server somebody was disconnected so the race didn't start. At second lap, while I was leading, I decided to try to force rookie race start, so I typed "t" on main straight, typed "/continue" in other pc and came back on main pc right before the first curve.. But hell.. I forgot the "Esc" button! It's a shame to lose like this, especially considering that I failed two races already.
Obviously that "mistake" put me in 20th position, with a high wear on tyres. I decided to change my strategy as soon as I catched up the group: pitstop and clear track to push to the limit! I admit that I didn't find much traffic, so my decision was correct. Second final place is unbelievable!
This said, I seriously need to win all races from now on. Today's race confirms that my pace is more than 0.5s/lap quicker than everybody else, so anything except 1st place will be considered a big failure for me.

lux2

Post by lux2 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:04 pm

Etmil wrote:I'm so sorry! Will not try to make s*** patetic tracks anymore, or tracks at all for that matter.. :cry:
Hey, you know I dislike it before to show it to me. It does not matter what I can say.
There are tracks I like and tracks I dislike, but all tracks are good to race and I'm happy to race on unreleased tracks, even in case I don't like them.

I'm waiting for your next sharp, glueish and cuttable track . :wink: :D

Etmil

Post by Etmil » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:17 am

lux2 wrote:
Etmil wrote:I'm so sorry! Will not try to make s*** patetic tracks anymore, or tracks at all for that matter.. :cry:
Hey, you know I dislike it before to show it to me. It does not matter what I can say.
There are tracks I like and tracks I dislike, but all tracks are good to race and I'm happy to race on unreleased tracks, even in case I don't like them.

There won't be a next one, if at all, it will not be glueish and cuttable :(

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:19 am

Etmil wrote:
lux2 wrote:

There won't be a next one, if at all, it will not be glueish and cuttable :(
Nooo dont let him change your style, really it was a veryyyy cool track.

Hevonen

Post by Hevonen » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:26 am

Good track it was! :D Different but thats good. Please make more of these!

Etmil

Post by Etmil » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:27 pm

I'll make sure to have invisible walls in the middle of the track next time so everybody would be happy. Also in the middle of the pitlane, so you have to go around it on extra speed-up tarmac terrain made specifically for this track. Last but not least - some really sweeping turns where all you have to do is go full-speed and steer to wherever the track is going. And I won't spend longer than a minute designing the layout!

xzeal

Post by xzeal » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:52 pm

Well I failed in the rookie race - miserably. Had the speed and even the right strategy. 3 pits was way better than 2 thanks to the extra tyre wear from cutting corners. Unfortunately due to cutting corners I had quite a lot of crashes.

Even so much more enjoyable to race while feeling that you are faster and trying to catch up to others than my usual "oh hell last again I guess I will just take it easy until someone makes a silly mistake and I get to overtake". I figure I would had a shot at getting to the pro race if I managed to do one proper lap time in pre qualy.

shyguy1001

Post by shyguy1001 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:09 pm

Etmil wrote:I'll make sure to have invisible walls in the middle of the track next time so everybody would be happy. Also in the middle of the pitlane, so you have to go around it on extra speed-up tarmac terrain made specifically for this track. Last but not least - some really sweeping turns where all you have to do is go full-speed and steer to wherever the track is going. And I won't spend longer than a minute designing the layout!
The glueish is annoying, and if you were going to make cuts, I would prefer you make it like a "large kerb" like there is at Monza in F1.. but to drive, the track, especially the middle sector was awesome. Off the long backstraight into the quick double apex turn was very very fun to drive. :)

Etmil

Post by Etmil » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:57 pm

shyguy1001 wrote:
Etmil wrote:I'll make sure to have invisible walls in the middle of the track next time so everybody would be happy. Also in the middle of the pitlane, so you have to go around it on extra speed-up tarmac terrain made specifically for this track. Last but not least - some really sweeping turns where all you have to do is go full-speed and steer to wherever the track is going. And I won't spend longer than a minute designing the layout!
The glueish is annoying, and if you were going to make cuts, I would prefer you make it like a "large kerb" like there is at Monza in F1.. but to drive, the track, especially the middle sector was awesome. Off the long backstraight into the quick double apex turn was very very fun to drive. :)
At least someone liked the middle sector! And yes, the beginning of sector 3 starting from that double-turn followed by lux's favourite sweeper that went right was also my favourite part!

Mike Nike

Post by Mike Nike » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:29 pm

dede wrote: This said, I seriously need to win all races from now on. Today's race confirms that my pace is more than 0.5s/lap quicker than everybody else, so anything except 1st place will be considered a big failure for me.
taking away the 20 sec you lost in lap 2+3, you would have been able to do at least a 26.31min race - surely faster, considering you wouldnt have needed to overtake so many.

i tested a local 2 stopper ending up in 26.44min including at least 5 mistakes, sum of +-6 seconds, also including a row of 6 45.x laps (dede did 7 45.x laps within 8 laps in last stint). i also were able to go for low 45.x, but not as often as dede..

still, considering a worse starting place and traffic/pressure/race-suckiness whatsoever, i might have been around 7-23 sec slower than dedes ~26.27min race, ending up in an average of about 0.5s/laps behind..seems right..at least for that track

Lanz
Community User Level: 4
Community User Level: 4

Post by Lanz » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:14 pm

ah! it took me to long to find out why i was struggling so much! my best lap felt not so bad in pre-quali! 12th or so! :?
its a shame that such a nice track gets raped by kamikaze corners! you should have put some closer obstacles! rest of the circuit was very good!
starting 10th was not what i expected but not so bad at all! 1 stint was good but somehow i decided to switch from 3 to 2stops! :idea: i crashed into pits! so from then on my race was very boring! and it seemed i lost a lot of time with the 2stopper!

Ivan Drago

Post by Ivan Drago » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:57 am

dp was totes in rookie this race, but our fan support was great nevertheless...