TurboSliders.com F1 League 2011 Edition

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

dede
Community User Level: 5

Post by dede » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:37 pm

I just watched Rookie race, it was great! Excellent battle in the end, between Del & Hevonen, too bad that Hevonen crashed on last lap right when he was closing on Del!

dede

Post by dede » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:24 pm

Just a note for trackmakers. I am not likely going to accept tracks bigger than 2MB, because I don't want too many problems with downloads. I know we can put the download link here, but downloading from server shouldn't take too long anyway.

shyguy1001

Post by shyguy1001 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:30 pm

Hmmm, what if you wanted to do a night track? :) xD

Del
Community User Level: 2

Post by Del » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:34 pm

shyguy1001 wrote:Hmmm, what if you wanted to do a night track? :) xD
If you wanted to do that you could obviously make and release the night tiles beforehand so that everyone would download it (yeah right.........) well in advance and then move it into the appropriate folder, downloading just the track tile, .trk and pats from the server. If the server can't send tracks that contain all the necessary files you could make dummy files. But as everyone won't be downloading the tiles (and it would cause huge problems for everyone) I don't think that's such a bright idea.

pablinho15

Post by pablinho15 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:46 pm

Del wrote:
shyguy1001 wrote:Hmmm, what if you wanted to do a night track? :) xD
If you wanted to do that you could obviously make and release the night tiles beforehand so that everyone would download it (yeah right.........) well in advance and then move it into the appropriate folder, downloading just the track tile, .trk and pats from the server. If the server can't send tracks that contain all the necessary files you could make dummy files. But as everyone won't be downloading the tiles (and it would cause huge problems for everyone) I don't think that's such a bright idea.

shyguy1001

Post by shyguy1001 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:47 am

@ Jaykoq Maybe you didn't read Dede's post, but you excluded a lot of people from points in the last race and I really don't think it's right.. just put points according to positions..

Jaykoq

Post by Jaykoq » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:50 pm

shyguy1001 wrote:@ Jaykoq Maybe you didn't read Dede's post, but you excluded a lot of people from points in the last race and I really don't think it's right.. just put points according to positions..
So points even if they disconnected in 1st lap?
I'm a moron \o/

dede

Post by dede » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:22 pm

Jaykoq wrote:So points even if they disconnected in 1st lap?
Yeah.

Ana
Community User Level: 1

Post by Ana » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:34 am

Last edited by Ana on Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:01 pm

Ana wrote:hi :)

i would like to participate in the league.

i hope i can race this sunday. im trainning hard for it...
:)
I would only allow you to stay by my car just before the race with the umbrella in your hands. :twisted:

Here you go:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEqB2M-Z ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h79mM5XS ... re=related
Last edited by Whiplash on Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[siLciR]

Post by [siLciR] » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:13 pm

whiplash why do you say things like that to your younger brother?

It makes me sick.

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:21 pm

[siLciR] wrote:whiplash why do you say things like that to your younger brother?

It makes me sick.
It makes me not to understand what you're talking about.

[siLciR]

Post by [siLciR] » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:37 pm

I know that "Ana" is your younger brother from Colombia.

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:51 pm

[siLciR] wrote:I know that "Ana" is your younger brother from Colombia.
So you are saying he is a man :shock: ?

Anyways lets stay on topic

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:57 pm

[siLciR] wrote:I know that "Ana" is your younger brother from Colombia.
Nah, we already decided. It can be only 4. or 5. (at least for now).
viewtopic.php?t=2412

And, yeah, lets keep this topic out of here. Use "Who's Ana" topic if you need to.

Ana

Post by Ana » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:45 pm

Last edited by Ana on Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shyguy1001

Post by shyguy1001 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:19 pm

Jaykoq wrote:
shyguy1001 wrote:@ Jaykoq Maybe you didn't read Dede's post, but you excluded a lot of people from points in the last race and I really don't think it's right.. just put points according to positions..
So points even if they disconnected in 1st lap?
Yup, but if they do it too many times and it becomes clear it's just a patetic tactic, I guess DSQ from at least the pro race..

[siLciR]

Post by [siLciR] » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:41 pm

tomorrow i may take place on the race.
i'll be playing today on the server to try to get some kind of rythm back, so i don't feel bad to be fighting with the likes of Lanz. ( ahahah :D, take it biatch )

dede

Post by dede » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:15 pm

Track will be available for download HERE from 21:00 CET.
It's about 700kb, so there shouldn't be troubles with ingame download either.

Jaykoq

Post by Jaykoq » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:45 pm

I won't be online tonight.
Pls leave result here, I'll probably take my laptop on Faculty, so I'll update everything from there :P
I'm a moron \o/

Buraczek

Post by Buraczek » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:29 pm

11 from as i remember 13. Not so bad. Without disconnect and Dede ( :P ) i think i could be in first 10 :) So Success :)

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:35 pm

Good Race. Felt I coudnt do much better so i guess nice result.

Sorry Wokkinger man, I thought I was lapping you (when me lanz and shyguy were coming after you). Then later in Tab I saw you were just a copple secs behind....... woops :oops:

GR8Arjen
Community User Level: 3
Community User Level: 3

Post by GR8Arjen » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:56 pm

Well, today was hard to deal with.

I was driving on my best, and was confident that I did a ok-ish lap, then looked at the result. 21th! :shock:

This means I somehow do something wrong on this track. I normaly have this at all slow tracks, so I gues these type of tracks just don't suit my drivingstyle.

Rookie race quali went good, 2nd. Delux took pole on the last lap. Which ofcourse he done excellent. Then the fuel levels... I was with a 24% remaining the lightest car off the field. All the others around me had like 39%

So another disapointing moment there. I also realised that my laptime in warm-up was good enough to get in pro-race, but yeah, shit happens I gues.

Ok, the race:

I started strong, and took the lead quite fast. Slowly creating a gap, so things were slowly improving for me. I knew I had to pull away fast, because of my low fuel level. Then out of the blue, lagg! I crashed right off at the corner right after the hairpin (bottom right) so stuck in deep sand, all cars passing me.

Caried on, but being stuck in traffic was not ideal, so took a very early pitstop

Made the stop, and with a clear track in front of me, I was able to drive dessent laps. Slowly passing cars that were pitting. Slowly my situation was improving lap by lap, but then again, Lagg!!

Crashed again, and lost lots of time.... grr!!! :(

Almost quited the game, but carried on. Took another pitstop, and tried to start over.. Again!

Same story, empty track, and ok laptimes again, and slowly I moved up to 3th although in the end I realy had to fight hard with the top 7 to archieve that.

So 3th was max today. Realy disapointed not getting into pro-race.

Special thanks go to Microsoft btw. Realy have to love those notifications for updates that caused athleast one of the two laggs. :evil:

Ok, congrats to Dede for winning Pro-Race, and congrats to my teammate Popo for winning Rookie race!

Cya all next week!
Last edited by GR8Arjen on Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[siLciR]

Post by [siLciR] » Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:59 pm

Well what a good race this was!

After free practice i felt the track was a bit tricky to optimize but an overall easy track. I got to pro race with slowish lap.

In Qualifying I opted for a 3 stop strategy so i put 40%, but knew if possible i should only do 6 laps to better distribute the fuel, got a good position , 3rd, although with less fuel than the guys around me.

For the race the strat. was 3 stops (27+24+24+24) which made me end with 4% fuel, so it was more or less fine.
The race itself unfolded the best way possible for me, i knew dede was probably too hard to beat, but as Tinky seems on a slump and pablinho struggles a bit more on races, i knew that if i could keep myself not far from dede it should be a good sign.
First stint i kept dede on sight and stopped 1 lap earlier than him and Eddie and Pablo seemed to fall a bit behind.
Second stint was more or less the same for me, but i noticed dede doing a larger stint so he could possibly go for 2 stops.
And after we pitted 2nd time he came a bit behind me so i knew he would go all the way to the end. The stint itself was pretty normal.
then i stopped 3rd time, and imediatly saw Dede passing but was able to get out ahead of Tijny which was also going for 2 stops. And i knew i had fresh tires so it was going to be easier to get the 2nd place.
Then the accident happened! I saw john_5 in front and tijny was still close by, and i overextended to try to pass john_5 as quickly as possible and run into a tree or barrier, and of course lost some seconds that put me on 3rd...still there were some laps to go and with fresher tires i caught tijny, passed him and went away. Finishing some 7sec behind Dede.

So i feel it was a very consistent and good race from me, i could've lived without hitting the tree/barrier and have instead hit Dede in the arse but life isn't all about pleasure. :D

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:02 am

Bleh, pretty bad race for me. Pre-quali went well, but in the real quali after that I had trouble finding the same pace that I had before. Still, I started from 4th, not too bad. In the very first lap of the race dede beefed me in a for me unlucky racing accident, so I was facing an uphill battle right from the start. And sure enough, I never recovered from that.
I know my peak speed is as fast as anyone's, I just lack the concentration to be able to keep it up for 25 minutes. I guess I'll try some different settings in the coming week that might make things easier in that regard. But it probably won't, haha. :P