TurboSliders.com F1 League 2011 Edition

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Hevonen
Community User Level: 2

Post by Hevonen » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:57 am

Bad race again. Seems I can't learn new tracks fast enough which is very frustrating as in old tracks im less than half a second slower than the recs. Also the track didn't suit me at all. Still better than last weeks though.

semir

Post by semir » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:42 pm

Very rough Rookie race it was. As the most racers of Rookie race are low skilled, it is not surprise that there is so many contacts and incident situations. The main question is: was there any intention by some racer to make illegal move?

I had a couple of that incident situations:

-2nd lap. I made a little mistake, went to the sand, and than made a little block on rostami. In next curve, I went slow inside, and left him enough space to pass me by going wide, he made a mistake while passing me, and I didn't feel like I should wait him again;

- 2nd part of the race, Dide Dide rouged me while I was entering pitstop, but that was clearly unintentional, cause he couldn't knew that I will make turn to the pit.

- last part of the race (2 or 3 laps before the end), Ana is being lapped by me, after I pass her/him/?, she/he/it send me to the sand. I can accept that too: new player, 1st race...

To get to the point, I can't see any excuse for couple of Reirom's incident situations:
- lap2, suicidal move to rostami and me, wich results by killing my race;
- lap 5, FC style blocking on Hazard hole lap;
- laps 20-23, constant FC block moves on Hazard me, and couple of other players,
- lap 30 big RDP or beefmobile move on rostami.

If stealing TD Furion's nick isn't enough itself for him to be banned, than I hope this race will atleast make organisators to think about it, cause I definitly will not race with him in any official F1 TS race this year (and I hope - ever).
Reirom thank you for the most frustrating half of hour or more of TS playing in my life, and I'm sorry if I made it frustrating for someone else.

And one more thing: Hazard deserves some kind of "fair play award" for this race, the guy was provoked by Reirom's rough moves hole race, and he still played it fairly until the end. I know that some players (even pro's) would brake down after 1 or 2 laps, and made some stupid illegal move.

shyguy1001
Community User Level: 5

Post by shyguy1001 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:06 pm

Cmon people.. I don't know why the hell REIROM was let back in..

Ana
Community User Level: 1
Community User Level: 1

Post by Ana » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:44 am

Last edited by Ana on Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jaykoq

Post by Jaykoq » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:44 pm

Where are race results?
I'm a moron \o/

semir

Post by semir » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:00 pm

Jaykoq wrote:Where are race results?
http://www.turbosliders.com/view_cup.ph ... offset=-60

Jaykoq

Post by Jaykoq » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:50 pm

Jaykoq wrote:
Jaykoq wrote:
Jaykoq wrote:You will have to update me with new teams, points sturcture for teams etc. :D

And pls tell me results of rookie race.

Official standings
Follow link from quote :D

Everything up to date (I hope so)
I'm a moron \o/

dede

Post by dede » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:36 pm

Okay, I watched the Rookie Race on TD FURION prospective and I believe it's fair to say that he's out of the league.

From what I can see, TD FURION does not exactly know what we mean by fairplay. F1 League drivers' aim should be to avoid contacts, give some room for overtaking if car behind is coming faster, give position back after an accident if guilty, etc.

liambaker

Post by liambaker » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:02 pm

BaKers is in

Ivan Drago

Post by Ivan Drago » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:26 pm

dede wrote:Okay, I watched the Rookie Race on TD FURION prospective and I believe it's fair to say that he's out of the league.

From what I can see, TD FURION does not exactly know what we mean by fairplay. F1 League drivers' aim should be to avoid contacts, give some room for overtaking if car behind is coming faster, give position back after an accident if guilty, etc.
w-t-f? I watched it too and after that I can only say that seems that Wippe isn't the only one who is banning just for fun. He may be the only one stupid enough to admit it, though.
semir wrote: To get to the point, I can't see any excuse for couple of TD FURION's incident situations:
- lap2, suicidal move to rostami and me, wich results by killing my race;
- lap 5, FC style blocking on Hazard hole lap;
- laps 20-23, constant FC block moves on Hazard me, and couple of other players,
- lap 30 big RDP or beefmobile move on rostami.
Having watched the race now, I can maybe comment on these points.

Lap 2: You were beefed by rostami. End of discussion. No hit by TD FURION on anyone. Sure he attacks the corner quite agressively, but isn't that what racing and F1 is about? He doesn't hit anyone, so this one is between you and rostami.

Lap 5: I didn't notice this one when I watched it, but I guess there may be some blocking.

Laps 20-23: I noticed some blocking at least on laps 20-21. You may be right there. Quite weak for a ban though. Also he kept his own line and seemed the group behind him wasn't fast/good enough to try anything else than keep hitting the rear of his car.

Lap 30: I'd call this one totally on rostami. The man fails miserably on his own without any pressure, then ends up sideways on the racing line. There wasn't much to do, was there? This "incident" shouldn't be part of this discussion at all.

shyguy1001

Post by shyguy1001 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:59 pm

;)

Del

Post by Del » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:32 pm

That's some quick editing there... If you look at the replays you'll see that
A) he didn't even hit Sejtan. It was all rostami
B) he braked for rostami. With his ping he probably braked as soon as he could and tried to turn away from rostami.
C) ... What was he supposed to do? He was a lot faster than popo and went on the inside. An odd set of circumstances led to popo being bounced multiple times off rei's car and onto the gravel. Rei really didn't do anything wrong there other than maybe not letting popo retake the position but as it wasn't really rei's fault (bad luck on popo's part) I'm not even sure about that.

Ivan Drago

Post by Ivan Drago » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:34 pm

shyguy1001 wrote:
;)
Thank you very much! There everyone can see those situations.. actually one of them wasn't even discussed and for a good reason as it's just normal racing. I mean the one where popo (?) ends up on the dirt due to little contact. That kind of thing happens dozens of times every race, also in pro race and including top players.

Also the other two cases are just as I explained. In the first one sejtan is beefed by rostami, no hit by TD FURION there at all. In the second one rostami fucks himself up sideways on the racing line right in front of TD FURION. Anyone would have crashed into him there, including shyguy.

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:41 pm

Del wrote:A) he didn't even hit Sejtan. It was all rostami
What do you think would've happened if rostami hadn't hit Sejtan and what do you think reirom's intention was there?

shyguy1001

Post by shyguy1001 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:42 pm

Read my comments on IRC.. i'm simply having some fun :) Popo move was racing incident, however a fair player (and one thats welcome in the F1 league) would give the place back. For sure its just worth a minor warning though. Second move was total idiotic - it is irrelevant what he hit, it was just stupid. And yeah, third move wasn't his fault, racing incident but still f*** funny :D Lighten up a bit :P

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:26 pm

Defending those moves? You got to be kidding me... and then using arguments like ""but he didn't hit him""

So if i try to shoot someone down but miss him, I'am not guilty?

As Tijny said it's al about intention... and that move on popo happens alot but it was severe enough so that he had to give position back

Del

Post by Del » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:19 pm

Tijny wrote:What do you think would've happened if rostami hadn't hit Sejtan and what do you think reirom's intention was there?
Seems he didn't slow down and would have hit somebody quite badly there yes.
Pingu wrote:Defending those moves? You got to be kidding me... and then using arguments like ""but he didn't hit him""

So if i try to shoot someone down but miss him, I'am not guilty?

As Tijny said it's al about intention... and that move on popo happens alot but it was severe enough so that he had to give position back
I really can't see anyone banning you (or pretty much anyone other than rei/dp) for not actually hitting anyone (and not blatant backwards driving in the pro race) so I guess it must be ok. Rei had no intention of hitting popo (let alone that badly) and it was just a matter of extremely bad luck that he happened to bounce off like that. Things aren't really helped by him not being allowed on the forums to explain himself/make it clearer to him what should happen in situations like that.

And if it's all about intention, shouldn't Sejtan's fair player of the race award winner Hazard be excluded from the league for this exemplary piece of fair driving?

Lanz
Community User Level: 4
Community User Level: 4

Post by Lanz » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:46 pm

@del: normally i wouldnt say something about this whole thing, its not my beer! but i dont like when people ask for bans, speccialy when they also have some shit on the stick! :D
man your 2nd lap was far from fair racing! also be glad that rei was actually driving, ask yourself why he has to cheat with some other nick!

Del

Post by Del » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:23 pm

Others ask for rei to be banned so I can just as well ask for Hazard to be banned. I agree about my 2nd lap. At the time I felt like I was done some sort of great injustice by Jan but looking at the replay I obviously failed myself and shouldn't have blocked Hazard and rostami. So I'll ask for bans for myself, Hazard, Bruno, ninjinha, Etmil (race 3 inside Nike-->Nike off) and pretty much everyone else. Everyone's been a bit rough. Yet rei's banned for being significantly less rough than us. Do you now understand why he has to race as FURION?

lux2

Post by lux2 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:49 pm

I know nothing about last rookie race and about Furion behavior.
I know that reirom was banned from this league and I was (I am still) happy about that.

Now you are saying that furion is reirom. Isn' t this enough to ban him?

Tinky can change his nick and he is still fast. Reirom can change (steal!) his nick but he is still a brainless big idiot.
Why we always have to discuss about this again and again?

DP guys, please open your own server to let your favourite subhuman to race the way he wants.

Lexx

Post by Lexx » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:52 pm

Looked at the clip from Shyguy.

1. The beef in the last corner of the track is not REI's fault. That other guy hit the grass, and got a bit sidewards, Reirom just tried to take the corner correctly.

2. The incident with Popo is bad luck. Kinda bugged off the track. Only 'really' fair drivers would give him pos back. (Like Etmil in rain race)

3. Should not be allowed, at all times. Just a divebomb. He had no intention to pass cleanly there. So that's a move I strongly disagree with.

So, if these 3 incidents are the only things he did do wrong that race, it's not that bad after all...

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:54 pm

Del wrote:blabla Iam p***** bla bla excluded from the league for
first nothing... 2nd he doesnt even hit reirom or what is your point

His crash on the end is because he tries to evade Reirom.....

Sejtans award seems legit.

shyguy1001

Post by shyguy1001 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:57 pm

Del, about your Hazard clip.. REIROM was going slow, Hazard was taking the normal correct racing line that all the fast players use, and he actually went off the track in order to avoid REIROM rather than hit his arse. So yes that was an exemplary piece of not only fair driving, but selfless driving too.

And Lexx, yeah I agree apart from I would say 2. it should be an expectation to give that place back. I for sure would and I would expect you to do the same to me or else I would complain about that. Now, if it was like the Tijny vs Dede first lap incident, where you left me enough space on the outside to go (which REIROM did not do) and I decided not to take it and instead try to squeeze you to the apex in order to slow you down, then thats just a racing incident. As long as there is one car width between the car on inside and edge of the track, I consider it's racing incident. With REIROM there isn't, if you check the clip he leaves no space whatsoever on the outside.

Jaykoq

Post by Jaykoq » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:57 pm

y u no blame hamilton? xD
I'm a moron \o/

dede

Post by dede » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:16 pm

lux2 wrote:Now you are saying that furion is reirom. Isn' t this enough to ban him?
:wink: