TurboSliders.com F1 League 2011 Edition

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

shyguy1001
Community User Level: 5

Post by shyguy1001 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:20 am

When making table for video I double checked and there are a few errors in your table Jay ;) look at moron team points for last race, for example.. its all in team standings, drivers standings are spot on.

FUN second race also.. cheated us out of some points, its not as close as it looks :D You didn't count popo's points ;)

EDIT

Here am the standings as I calculate it:

Image[/img]

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:43 am

Edit:Well nevermind you say his driver scores were spot on so I guess you compared those tables xD

Old post:
Shy your scores are 1 race old?

I definitely have 195 points and not 157 (it is 157+38 ;) )

Jaykoq
Community User Level: 2

Post by Jaykoq » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:50 am

Well, I think Drivers standings are ok.
Team stats I'm not sure because agreement about team points were officially annonced after race 2 I think. I know that I edited that sheet 10 times -.-
And there is a big chance that I missed smth in Team stats since here are 5 teams, and top 3 goes on. And I did it manually until race 3, then I figured out that I'm a moron and I can sort table by team and points from race.

I'll check all again later today probably.

You can contact me on msn or skype too to solve all this ;)
Thanks ;)

And thanks to xzeal, probably he said all this before, but noone reads his posts :/
I'm a moron \o/

shyguy1001

Post by shyguy1001 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:03 pm

Strange, seems I completely missed off 7th place last race.. DAMN now I feel the need to double check drivers standings :D And if drivers standings are incorrect, team standings could be too.. let me do a quick check hehehe

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:39 pm

Oh Pitty shy that you missed the race man, was you too late or were all the servers full for real?

I think it was a good race of me. Some touches here and there at the start, then I see Lexx hitting a rock, lol. After that I drove heaps of the time alone. One more cool battle with Matic and Lexx and one other car? And every pitstop was nice with Tijny in the pits too, with a bit more bad luck i woulda hitted him three times :lol: :lol:

JonnO

Post by JonnO » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:45 pm

Ah, Rookie race went well for me. Although I only recall 1 battle in my race, with Shaytun for like 2 laps before he pitted.

Held 3rd for the race, 1 and 3/4 laps to go and Szymek was catching, I had a brain fart and forgot where to go, hit a rock, lost 3rd and couldn't gain again in 1 lap so finished 4th :( GUTTERED!

Ivan Drago

Post by Ivan Drago » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:45 pm

Dide's actions on the top left corner of the track on the first lap of rookie race should be reviewed.

JonnO

Post by JonnO » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:48 pm

Ivan Drago wrote:Dide's actions on the top left corner of the track on the first lap of rookie race should be reviewed.
Hopefully i'm not spamming, but I think he lagged or disconnected? I saw him on the 2nd lap as i went by and it said "Dide Dide has connected" and then he started moving again. But I could be wrong :)

dede

Post by dede » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:00 pm

Ivan Drago wrote:Dide's actions on the top left corner of the track on the first lap of rookie race should be reviewed.
It's a very very weird accident, because it's hard to detect when he effectively disconnects. To me it seems strange that he goes straight to Ivan and then his car starts driving circles. That almost tells he disconnected AFTER the accident. Your opinion, Dide?

shyguy1001

Post by shyguy1001 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:05 pm

I wasn't very late at all, and both servers were past full..

dede

Post by dede » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:17 pm

My race comments:

I seemed to be quite quick in pre-qualifying and warmup, but I got no clean laps in qualifying session. Starting from third place with very low fuel wasn't exactly what I aimed for. As usual I ended up battling & making mistakes with Tijny&co, while Pablinho ran away. I kept my 4-stops strategy since I couldn't really calculate anything different from that, and also because at least I could drive far from other cars. Not surprising that after his last stop, Pablinho could run away from me although I had lower fuel.
Very happy ending anyway: bad quali, bad race, bad strategy, but still 2nd place! Woop!

Mouse

Post by Mouse » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:03 am

I hate to ask what could be a dumb question, but I've been away for a while and don't know how things are working these days. :P
Is registration/pre-qualifying required to join a race? Or is it possible to just show up randomly on Sunday and participate in the rookie race?
I launched the game today and saw two FULL servers, pretty awesome.. I wanted to join but figured I'd be told to leave since I haven't signed up.
Let me know.

JonnO

Post by JonnO » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:52 am

Mouse wrote:Is registration/pre-qualifying required to join a race? Or is it possible to just show up randomly on Sunday and participate in the rookie race?
Well I think dede has stopped updating the registration list as I had also asked this question somewhere within the 20 pages of this topic! :D If you turn up and race you will be entered into the league :)

shyguy1001

Post by shyguy1001 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:58 am

Mouse wrote:been away for a while
Watch youtube.com/sliderstv

/shameless advertising ;)

misterpom
Community User Level: 3
Community User Level: 3

Post by misterpom » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:26 am

Let's see if I can try a quiet comeback. I'm rusty but I will try to practice a bit so I can get in shape again.

8th in qualy is not something I'm much used with. I used to get closer to 4th or 5th. I think I was something like that in the first race's qualy. I had no lag today but I suffered because I'm just so rusty. Anyway, I hope to improve. I guess you can say it's a quiet comeback still.

I didn't have a nice qualy but I was happy that I got a 7th place in the race, even being so out of shape. Race was pretty boring. I hoped to catch Pingu but he had a much better pace than I did. Even though we had a fight one has to recognize that he has been doing a much better job than me and he deserves what he's getting for it. I think I was ahead once but then after pit he passed me. I'm not very good with race pace, as you can see. When I don't see someone close to me I tend to get a bit slow. If I see someone ahead of me or behind me I try to push harder. I wasn't out of my comfortable zone, unfortunately. Everything was perfect for me as far as lag is concerned, so there is no excuse. I just blew a nice opportunity. I hope to get better.

Bye

dede

Post by dede » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:24 am

Mouse wrote:Is registration/pre-qualifying required to join a race?
Not anymore. Just join and play :P

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:01 am

Is the replay of rookie race online yet? If Dide records his own race maybe he should sent in his own replay... doesn't a localreplay show how it looked on his/your own pc? Even if you drive on while being disconnected it shows you driving nicely? Until you are warped back into place....

UKOGSam
Community User Level: 1

Post by UKOGSam » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:01 pm

I had a difficult race, making quite a few mistakes and generally still not being close enough to the pace of most of the field.

I would like to apologise to whoever I blocked when they tried to lap me, I don't know who it was but I know I affected your race and I am sorry for that, it was unintentional but I couldn't get out the way properly.

I am going to keep practising to try and get quicker and more consistent.

dede

Post by dede » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:35 pm

Pingu wrote:Is the replay of rookie race online yet?
Yeah, all videos are available at turbosliders.com homepage.

Mike Nike

Post by Mike Nike » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:17 am

ill put my race comments here this time, shy..

circumstances:
was tired and gone to bed at 19.45cet or so, slept 45min and woke up feeling even worse. eye coordination sucked so hard, it felt already like a good result being just 0.9 sec behind pablinhos laptime in a warmup session.
sick performance by pablinho by the way. good laprecord and then winning the race too.

pre quali:
happy to get 1st place there and that kyna kept on pushing me to drive a somewhat good lap. still only around 7th or so. track was nice on the one hand but some l/r or r/l combinations i just could not handle so well - always a bit lucky to drive it well - couldnt find something like brake points.

quali:
woulda made a 41.0 with 41 percent fuel - having a 40.6 with 34 percent didnt feel like too much of a benefit. not too happy about it, but looking at the lowfuelers in front of me and the all around situation with the cars and fuel settings behind me in the grid, i was fine.
just one problem, pingu ahead hauehuaehue

race:
luckily i managed to dive into the leak in curve 2 to overtake pingu, probably a keypoint for me in the race.
the rest was more a somewhat acceptable race, with a lot of bad curves, unwanted sandtouches (couple times i lost 1 sec per lap due to a mistake). 2 stop strategy and high fuel with good grid position as combination vs all the 3 stoppers in front of me turned out well for me, since i still ended up in 3rd with all the mistakes i did.
lap 4: overtook tijny, then made little smaller mistakes in front of him
lap 5: trying to search a good spot to let him overtake me again with his 7%ish less fuel or something like that. finally he touched me a little bit in a curve i was going to slowdown and drive to the right side anyway. luckily tijny didnt let me pass there or something, since it was really my intention to not battle with him there and let him pass as soon as possible.
lap 37: i knew i calculated fuel pretty close for last stint, unfortunately i made some mistakes here and there and probably lost more fuel than i wanted. 4 percent in end of lap 37 made me a bit nervous and with only a short gap between me and etmil i was trying to safe fuel in lap 38 and parts of lap 39.
if slowing down like that wasnt enough, i also saw 3 cars in front of me in last lap, which could have helped etmil by blocking me. also i was not 100 percent sure if it is allowed to cut through pits in last lap or not. so i couldnt risk cutting by myself, not knowing if its allowed or not. etmil luckily did not cut, else my 0.4 sec lead in the end would have probably been not enough.

interesting pablinho still won with his actually not so well stopping:

pablinho ~% fuel
28 to 1 11 laps
26 to 3 (1 lap too early in pits) 10 laps
22 to 1 9 laps
26 to 5 (filled 4-5 percent too much) 9 laps
consumption: 27+23+21+21=92

mike % fuel
34 to 1
34 to 2
32 to 0
consumption: 33+32+32=97

being 17 seconds behind, consumption should be only about 1.5 percent higher...so around 93.5, but i decided to not care about the disadvantage i have by my driving style anymore, so...~4.5% more over the race means probably only about 1 second disadvantage, which i hope to make up by driving better than i would with the fuel-safing driving style, i think. also that way it makes more fun to drive.

geez, ghostracing nonfuel 40+ laps would be more cool :P or with idle cons. 100% :P

shyguy1001

Post by shyguy1001 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:29 pm

Thanks Mike, as always very helpful.. I wish more people would do this! For the rookie race as well!!

dede

Post by dede » Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:19 pm

I'm a bit late with race announcement.. We'll probably have night race tonight, see ya at 21:00 CET!!!

P.S. Lanz, please remove your night track from your TS folder: Tijny fixed it so that its size is reduced to 1mb.

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:01 pm

dede wrote:P.S. Lanz, please remove your night track from your TS folder: Tijny fixed it so that its size is reduced to 1mb.
The track hash is still the same and it looks the same too, so actually there's no need to do that.

shyguy1001

Post by shyguy1001 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:06 pm

dede wrote:I'm a bit late with race announcement.. We'll probably have night race tonight, see ya at 21:00 CET!!!

P.S. Lanz, please remove your night track from your TS folder: Tijny fixed it so that its size is reduced to 1mb.
:D :D :D I cannot wait for this.. Lanz scenery + night = heaven for a scenery nerd like me hehe :)

Respekt

Post by Respekt » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:08 pm

I'm going to give this f1 thing a second try. I didn't edit my startfuel or something like that last time. hopefully I get it right this time.

see you all soon