TurboSliders.com F1 League 2011 Edition

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Respekt
Community User Level: 1

Post by Respekt » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:25 pm

first time racing f1 and I came second last..... YAY!

first I'd like to thank my mom and dad for supporting me.
second I'd like to thank god, even though I don't believe in god.
thirdly I'd like to thank mikenike, luxx and all the other dudes for helping me out cause I'm a dumbass
and last but not least... I'd like to thank my internet connection AKA tethered cell phone for giving me the worst connection in the world

YAH! I LOVE YOU GUYS! YAH!

Pingu
Community User Level: 5

Post by Pingu » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:31 pm

Was this the "night"" track :p? The surroundings where still quite light then hehe. Very good track though loved the 2nd last corner.

Quite good race for me after my qualy mess up, 20 quali-startfuel for the win :). Most of race I drove alone though. A bit in front of Pom after he came back from pits but never had a real battle with anyone. 8th place not that bad :)

xzeal
Community User Level: 3

Post by xzeal » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:59 pm

Alright "race commentary", might as well do one as I was in the Pro race again (last time race 2).

Pre qualy: the lap I thought was decent was actually 0,1-0,2s slower than the best which I did not remember doing. Ended up 21.st lux quit so I got the spot in Pro race
Warm up: meh... Dont remember anything other than going to the WC in the middle of the last lap.
Qualy: Had an ok lap (started with ~57% fuel or something like that). My "ok" lap means last by the way, not by much though.

Start: Saw shyguy disconnecting and going off the track , a small warp and I think I hit him. (41% fuel)
Lap 3: caught up to the others, some crashed gained a few positions
lap 3-4: had quite a battle with john kiku and augusto, might have pushed john on the sand there which prolonged the battle. Kiku and John pulled away eventually.
Lap 4-12: Chasing Augusto, who was chasing Drago
Lap 12 or 13 overtook Augusto he over took me and at the end of the lap he found himself on the grass and drago pit, rose upto 10.th, best position I held in the entire race
Lap 18: pit (33% I think)
Lap 20: First I crashed in turn 2 T lapping me crashed into me, then at around shyguys position had a massive warp found myself right next to him, must have lost 5 seconds or so.
Lap 20-32 After that warp I lost my rythm and I was quite slow and made many mistakes. Most of my focus went into getting lapped with out crashing into them/walls
Lap 32-33 drago caught up (he had done his pits, I had one to go) bit of a fight there, no way I am letting that guy pass without a fight :P.
Lap 33: pit (28 % I think, a bit too much)
Lap 34-46: Saw Wokinger behind me, he was faster kept getting closer and closer. At the same time we were pushing because of each other people kept lapping us
Lap 37: almost crashed Lanz out :D, was trying to let him pass, thought I could get back on the racing line now, did that a bit early and nearly crashed into his side, we were so close that the TS bug took effect and he pulled me forward.
Last lap: Wokinger finally got close enough to attempt an overtake, luckily for me he pushed too hard and ended up on the sand. Which put me in 17.th. I think I would have ahd a fight for 16.th without that warp, alas no such luck.

Overall: I beat one racing manager, fairly average Pro race for me in that regard. Nothing to write home about, but up until lap 20 I was quite stable and had many fast laps - that is something.

PS: xzeal fast lap = dede/Eddie massive fail lap

Etmil

Post by Etmil » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:29 pm

xzeal wrote:Alright "race commentary", might as well do one as I was in the Pro race again (last time race 2)
Good job! Thanks and others please post yours, too! HUGE help for Shyguy's video!

dede

Post by dede » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:48 pm

Ouch! I really loved the track, I expected a victory.. but.. DAMN T! (and it's not Tijny this time!!!)..

I really enjoyed first 11 laps, very close race, I would've loved to battle against Lanz for the victory. I did my best after losing 8.5sec in lap 12 because of the t-button, so probably 4th was the best possible position for me. Congrats Lanz!

GL Pablinho for last race!

Ivan Drago
Community User Level: 2

Post by Ivan Drago » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:51 pm

I might as well do this right away because if I don't do it now, I don't think I'll remember to do it at all. Shyguy and some spam bot named Etmil were asking for this so a super detailed report on my race it is!

Start: Ok
Lap 1: Kilkuriki and Wokinger were so afraid of me behind them that they both went to sand and I went in between them like a king. That's the spirit!
Lap 2: Augusto, Hazard and John are in front of me. During two consecutive corners I drive superaggressively and overtake all of them. Would've been perfect but in the next corner Hazard passes me again.
Lap 3: I overtake Hazard again and he and Augusto f*** it up together so I get a nice lead over their group.
Laps 4-7: Solid driving in front of the group of Kilkuriki, John, Augusto, Xzeal and Hazard.
Lap 8: Fighting with Kilkuriki, he finally passes me.
Lap 9: Hevonen has crashed somewhere so I overtake him.
Lap 10: Both Hevonen and John get in front of me.
Lap 11: Fighting with Augusto. Xzeal and Pingu also very near. Also Pom comes out of the pit behind me.
Laps 12-13: Fighting with Augusto and Pom. Also Xzeal lurking there.
Laps 14-15: Fighting with Augusto. In the end of lap 15 I pit and refuel to 32%.
Lap 16: After pit, track is quite empty. Hazard is some distance behind me. Late in the lap I see Augusto entering the pits after running out of fuel.
Lap 18: Close combat with Hazard, he passes me in the end of the lap.
Laps 19-22: Plain boring driving alone.
Lap 23: John comes out of the pits right behind me. Probably the worst place to exit the pits! Sadly, he manages to pass me in the end of the lap.
Lap 24: Hazard is suddenly very near in front of me and John. I also pass John again.
Lap 25: Very close and tight combat with John.. actually so close that Lanz has hard time lapping us.
Laps 26-27: Driving behind John with Pablinho and Silcir in the close distance trying to lap me but they don't seem quite fast enough (No shit sherlock, nobody's faster than me if I don't let them be!)
Lap 28: Pablinho laps me and shouts from his car if I could possibly give him some driving lessons. I say no. I also make my biggest mistake of the race and run out of track, Jonno overtakes me but I soon catch him and pass him aggresively, as usual.
Lap 29: Lapped by dede and nike. Also Tijny and Etmil suprisingly have the guts to do the same. And also Jonno passes me again.
Lap 30: I get again in front of Etmil but let him pass again because I'm such a nice guy. Jonno driving in front of me. In the end of the lap I pit again and take 33% of fuel.
Lap 32: Augusto comes out of the pits and there he is again, right behind me.
Lap 33: Beef-xzeal appears in front of me. I'm amazed that wtf is this guy doing in front of me!? Soon I realize he still has to pit and then I laugh like a maniac yelling I MUST BREAK YOU. In the end of lap 34 I pass him supernicely with no contact at all, what a pity. He then pits and wipes his tears while on the pitlane.
Laps 35-38: No stories to tell the grandchildren. Pom or some other nobody laps me.
Laps 39-45: Nothing interesting here either. Pingu or some other nobody laps me. I finish the race after 45 laps instead of 46 just because I can.

pablinho15

Post by pablinho15 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:12 pm

First of all,the circuit is beautiful.It is a carbon copy to the circuit ideal.My congratulations to lanz.

Strategy: The strategy we decided with the boys (F *** ) ,the recommended were 2 pits,since a circuit almost street and difficult to pass was the most recommended.

Never found the line perfect,only had the ideal line or recommended that i do not served much.

Lap 1: Snag good,pass Eddie for his error.And at the end of the lap the step to Pomzinho for his error in the curve more leads to commit an error.

Lap 2: Step to Mike and Dede.

Lap 3: i realized for the wrong poc would have better results.

Lap 5: Go in search of Silcir.

Lap 7: The step in the curve 5,a little dirty the move and risky.

Lap 9: left Me go through what happened in lap 7.AND after 2 curves as step to Silcir again haha.

Lap 10:Suppose I'm the only big mistake and i step Dede.

Lap 11: Dede Collides,was happy xD

Lap 12: happens to me Mike in the second straight but in the curve 9,the step by an error.

Lap 14: i realized i had assured a spot by the poor strategy of Eddie.

Lap 15: Pit 1: 32 %

Lap 16: To run the maximum and that I am not Silcir outreach.

Lap 19: Pab -0,736 Silcir.

Lap 21: Lanz Vs Eddie.i was coming.

Lap 22: Silcir back,oh shit.

Lap 23: Eddie second stop.

Lap 26: Defenseeeeee! ,oh shit!.

Lap 27: Uff,Safamos of attack by Silcir.

Lap 28: Silcir,to breathe.

Lap 31: Second and last stop.

Lap 32: to attack the head Lanz,it was difficult but lanz might make mistakes by be first. (nerves)

Lap 36: Lanz -3,7 Pab.

Lap 37: Lanz -3.3 | battle between Silcir,Tijny and Dede.

Lap 38: Lanz -3.1 Pab.We are going!

Lap 39: Lanz turning to the cars resagados.

Lap 40: Wokinger collides in the first curve and almost i wore it.might have lost everything i did.

Lap 41: Eddie flying using the KERS 100%

Lap 43: TO -2.6 of Lanz.i will be able reach :? ?. KERS 100 %.

Lap 46: End of the race,leaving only 0.894 of Lanz.Lanz had problems with hevonen.

I am pretty happy with the result,while he could win the race,i never had a good race pace.me personally expected a fifth place,but reach second i formed by the fighting in the championship. Woooo
:mrgreen:

shyguy1001

Post by shyguy1001 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:47 pm

Lanz is incredible. He just dominated that race.. and then, dominates SCARTS.. leading 90% or something of the laps there too.. and Burnout and Lexx are no slowcoaches at SCARTS haha..

Thankyou so much for the race reports guys! Video from last week will be up in the next couple of days, and this video hopefully can be out by sunday! :)

Btw guys, for the Embrey video, we skipped the post race analysis, I felt it was maybe unessential.. but if you guys want it back, just tell me and I will include it for the Losail video :)
Last edited by shyguy1001 on Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Augusto

Post by Augusto » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:57 pm

my race wasnt very exiting....

these are the most important parts of my race...

LAP 10: overtook Drago in the last corner

LAP 13-14: nice fight with drago (this should be in the video :P)

LAP 14: I should have pit with drago but i forgot.. :S

LAP 15: I run out of fuel (so stupid me) ... at pit exit i almost hit Lanz who was lapping me

LAP 23: i was lapped by Etmil, dede and Mike Nike

and that was all... :)

Lap 11: Fighting with Augusto. Xzeal and Pingu also very near. Also Pom comes out of the pit behind me.
Laps 12-13: Fighting with Augusto and Pom. Also Xzeal lurking there.
Laps 14-15: Fighting with Augusto. In the end of lap 15 I pit and refuel to 32%.

nice fights there :P ... good race

JonnO

Post by JonnO » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:12 am

Just watched the race back and this is my race :)

Start (Lap 0): Lost 1 place to Hevonen because of playing safe in the first corner
Lap 1: Eddie and Hevonen bump, I go past both of them but Eddie overtakes me later that lap (surprise surprise)
Lap 3: Defending off Hevonen and Pingu - Hevonen gets past on the last corner
Lap 4 (End): Matic bumps into Hevonen who goes into the sand, Matic gives the position up on the straight and I fly through the middle of both of them :twisted:
Lap 5: Fighting my lap I catch the sand and Hevonen goes past, I also let Matic by just incase my lag beefs him :p On the fast corner I went round the outside of Matic as he just catches the sand.
Lap 8: Hevonen goes into the wall and I take 9th
Lap 13: I pit in and kilkuriki bumps me in the pits :evil: I reverse slightly to get up to around 32%, I leave a bit infront of him.
Lap 17: Gaining on xzeal and Matic, I overtake xzeal (think he let me through, or just went wide!)
Lap 18: My lag EATS me and turns me into the wall causing me to lose 4 positions :( I'm now behind JoHn_5
Lap 26 (End): I pit in but get caught on the sand as I accelerate and get stuck causing Hazard to overshoot and have to dodge me, meaning he had to reverse into his pit spot.
Lap 29: Defend my position thinking Wokinger is behind me, then the tab after and find out it was Etmil (Sorry :( )
Lap 30: I let Lanz and Etmil through.
Lap 35: I let Pablinho pass so I can chase him so Hazard doesn't gain on me
Lap 37: Very quick pit in for around 15% fuel from a bad strategy. Lost position to JoHn_5.
Lap 46: Finished in 13th. Average, maybe I could have done top10 without lag. But gg in my first pro race and to Lanz for winning :)
Last edited by JonnO on Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lanz
Community User Level: 4
Community User Level: 4

Post by Lanz » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:19 pm

could of been a perfect evening but damn, Milan lost 0-1 vs Inter! so i won 2 races and still i was pissed! :lol:
about the track: its the 1st race of the moto gp season and after watching that race i decided to create a night track! seeing that the original shape was actualy almost perfect and very suitable for TS i sticked with that one! but the main thing was that it was short because at that time i had no clue that is actualy possible to rotate tiles 360 degree in the editor! :evil: what an idjit, i was spending hours changing degrees in trk. file! i didnt wanted to use that track as a normal race track thats why it got no attention for a long time until i found that out during a talk with Burnout! :shock: thx for that! so i putted some work in it until i had a almost finished track, thats the point when i readed that dede will not accept tracks bigger then 1mb! :shock: again! :D it had about 5mb at that time, because of the night mod! still i handled the track over but it was definately to big! i reduced the night tiles to a minimum and finished the track! still had 3mb! no way to use it for the F1 league so i thought about using it for maybe another Puschtras season, thats why dede never got the finished version! still very happy that you guys made it possible to run on that one, it really deserved it even the moon made it almost bright as day! :D
so i had high expectations for this race wanted to erase that awful last race! even more pressure on me when i saw what track we are racing on! with a good quali i hoped to get the pole position but i never made any fuel runs on that one! dede gave me a hard time but i was able to drive just a bit quicker! niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeee first pole position!
started the race not so bad, was a bit blocked by myself not making any big mistakes in the beginning and bang i got wide in last corner on 1st lap! so was in the sand and dede with full speed crashed into me! was not sure what to do, so i kept going! from then on i had a good pace was able to get away a bit! so had a safe lead, at lap13 i think i crashed into shy who was parking in the middle of the track! lost a bit the rythm there and about 1.5sec! after 1st pitstop i came out behind Eddie but soon i realized that he is on a 3stopper and no fear for me! from then on i just tried to drive fast and clean laps not trying to push as hell because sure i would crash and loose all that time i gained, like already happened a few times! to the end pab was coming closer due to some little mistakes and lapping traffic but my win was never in danger! 8)

Etmil

Post by Etmil » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:37 pm

Here's my race analysis :P

TSE Losail GP | [iR] Etmil 34% [2-stop strategy] | starting 8th on the grid

laps / pos / events

00 | 8th | good start, bit of a tussle with Matic and Eddie, get past Pom
01 | 7th | Pom roughs through me, very aggressive overtake, but what the hell..
02 | 8th | Eddie goes through, I repass later, also repass Pom, Matic goes wide and I get the position
03 | 6th | fight with Eddie, he overtakes soon
04 | 7th | can't really keep up with him
05 | 7th | still slowly losing ground to Eddie
06 | 7th | get a bit closer, but not enough
07 | 7th | he continues to build gap, clearly I'm not fast enough
08 | 7th | big gap to Eddie and also to Pom behind me
09 | 7th | cont.
10 | 7th | seems Eddie has caught up with some guys, allows me to get closer as well
11 | 7th | cont.
12 | 5th | Eddie pits so there's only a group of 3 drivers in front of me, Silcir quite close
13 | 5th | tyres quite worn out, at 50%
14 | 5th | group of 3 drivers still in front, can't manage to close in
15 | 4th | Mike and Silcir fighting in front, allows me to get closer now, they both pit
16 | 1st | omg SEEMS LEADERING, but I have to pit next lap, F***, PITSTOP
17 | 4th | I cross the line 4th, but seems Silcir goes through, so I'm actually 5th, pitstop went well though
18 | 5th | behind Silcir, but in front of Mike!
19 | 5th | pace seems good, Mike can't really close in right now
20 | 5th | driving alone, with Mike chasing me, but clearly the gap is quite good
21 | 5th | have a driving error out of final corner, but no worries, I begin to lap some guys
22 | 5th | F***, another error, Mike gets even closer now
23 | 5th | let's try to keep him at bay, OMG dede also coming from behind! + LAG session begins :(
24 | 4th | keep on the fight guys, I'm driving my own race!, seems dede got past Mike at some point
25 | 4th | now he's closing in on me!, F*** driving error!
26 | 4th | dede planning his attack, I keep my line wherever he tries to do so though
27 | 4th | omg his move into corner 1, I just manage to hold on to 4th, another attack in the final sector, OMG
28 | 3rd | still trying not to make it easy for dede, but he's so damn fast, now he's past, I make a mistake, which allows Mike and Eddie through as well :(
29 | 6th | another driving error and these guys have built a big gap already
30 | 5th | lapping Drago and Jonno, latter of whom doesn't really make it easy for me, so I have to pass Drago twice
31 | 5th | Lanz out of his pitstop, have a small fight with him, can't make it through and then PITSTOP
32 | 7th | so I'm back to 7th in front of Pingu, trying to drive away from him
33 | 7th | Pingu still behind though
34 | 7th | cont.
35 | 7th | Pingu gone now, hmm..
36 | 7th | driving alone now
37 | 7th | cont.
38 | 7th | cont.
39 | 7th | cont.
40 | 7th | cont., losing a lot of time because of LAG [we can call it a 'steering problem', LOL!]
41 | 7th | cont.
42 | 7th | cont.
43 | 7th | cont.
44 | 7th | cont., lapped Hazard gets past me
45 | 7th | cont., just trying to keep my car on the track, Pingu closing in behind me
46 | 7th | so finally I finish, 7th.. kind of disappointed, but considering my 2 LAG sessions, it's actually quite good or.. I don't really know..

Finish 7th

Hevonen

Post by Hevonen » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:57 pm

Good pre-quali (12th), good qualification (12th)

Lap 1) 10th after first lap, good start
Lap 2) Contact with Eddie, I let him pass. Jonno passes me too
Lap 4) Me overtakes Jonno
Lap 5) Me overtakes Matic, Matic hits me in the last curve (thanks to my owns slowness) and lets me pass again. Jonno passes us both
Lap 7) Jonno goes to the sand, im escaping from him and Matic
Lap 9) Suddenly everyone lost control of their cars, then I found myself in the wall. Big lag. Jonno, Matic, Kilkuriki, John and Drago passes me
Lap 10) Me overtakes Drago, John pits. Free road ahead
Lap 13) My first pit stop, after that im leading John on place 17th
Lap 16) Me overtakes Kilkuriki
Lap 17) Kilkuriki overtakes me, then I overtake him again
Lap 19) Me overtakes Xzeal who hasn't pitted yet
Lap 21) Kilkuriki passes me
Lap 24) My second pit stop, 13th after that. Im only a few seconds from Matic but will never catch him. Gap stays pretty much the same
Lap 35) 1.5 seconds from Matic, 4 seconds from Mister Pom. 11th place
Lap 36) My third and last pit stop
Lap 39) Lost some time to Matic cause he pitted later. Gap is not 4.5 seconds. Lanz lapped me, fast laps after that behind him
Lap 43) 2 seconds from Matic
Lap 45) Me overtakes Lanz in the final corner, didn't know Pablo was so close to him. We could have hitted. After that I stupidly stopped even though had one lap to go. Mister Pom pits and passes me as I stop driving. Looks f*** stupid. 11th place

Good fights with Jonno, Matic and Kilkuriki.

Mike Nike

Post by Mike Nike » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:07 pm

copy paste emtilo

TSE Losail GP | 34% [2-stop strategy] | starting 4th on the grid

circumstances..
kinda good, this time somewhat nontired, also had around 2 practice sessions in last weeks track (where i fked up totaltime in 3 stop strategy, ~2 sec behind dede, but 2 stop strategy my pace was 4 sec faster than pablinho or so)

pre quali..
didnt like the track pattern already and neither the track, lights irritated me, but i liked the constant green part at the border of the road and its width. id kinda like to have it in each f1 track, if i think about it..
didnt felt fast though in this track

quali..
okayish 34.0 or so with 40 percent or so..but decided to try a faster lap and got a bit lucky with 33.68 34%. bit safe in end maybe, but i was definately happy with the result, even silcir beat me by 0.007sec.

laps / events

03 1st curve, bumped dede :S, so i slowed down to make sure he keeps in front of me - pablinho could pass me due to that, easily...gone offroad a little, ending up 5th
09 middle part, passed dede, but let him pass again and gave space to him in the end. the 2.2sec to leading lanz got lost resulting in a slow 34.6 lap and 3.2 sec to leader with tijny closing up.
11 start, 2nd to 6th place within 1 second, wowie..close race..kinda traffic from middle to end of lap. dede gone offroad - so im up to 4th
12 start, curve 1 overtook silcir due to speed by tijnys bump
13 curve 2, passed pablinho - but 2nd place didnt hold long, made a little mistake driving over sand in the middle, so he could repass me
16 curve 1 mistake, kinda repass silcir in curve 2, probably shoulda let him pass there, but he overtook me with a little sidebump in the middle of the lap, which i coulda avoid seeing it coming...but seemed to be fair, the overtake and that he could finally overtake me again
18 didnt realize i lost a place to etmil (actually never really realized he was driving in top 6 in the whole race :S), he looked a bit like silcir to me, maybe..curve 2 i gone offroad, curve 3 a bit too, bad 35.18 lap..
24 curve 1 lil mistake, early or middle part of lap i let dede pass
29 end, etmil gone offroad (i think i thought it was silcir in the race)
30 jonno, drago, very fair, let me lap without problems, then i cut a curve through sand though, in the middle...tijny closed up and in the end part he gave me a little bump, so i gone a bit wider and he overtook me inside. didnt really liked that, but he was clearly fast this race and woulda caught me earlier or later anyway, i think. so...nevermind this scene.
32 end, pit..come out 6th -.- being behind 2.6 3.9 6.2 sec to next 3 guys...kinda shocked when i saw i was just in 6th, considering i was 2nd place at one place and actually felt like i could keep up with the others.
35-42 kinda good 3rd stint, relative fast and constant, 33.8 33.8 33.8 33.7 33.6 34.0 (lil mistake midend part) 33.9 34.1 (lil mistake curve 1)
43 34.4c 2 lil bumps into silcir
44 end 34.3c after 2 lil bumps into silcir he let me pass - didnt felt like he had to, but i was really looking forward to overtake him sooner or later. made a bad curve 1/2 part and probably should have let him repass there. didnt feel so good about that. although only 2 laps to go i still liked to have the chance to give all to catch 4th place dede, but no serious chance there in 2 laps.

all in all, 5th place, in the end even lucky due to friendly silcir letting me pass.
still, considering i was able to driving constant fast and being in 2nd place once, it feels a bit disappointing.
i still made a few mistakes i coulda avoid, especially driving over sand in 3rd last curve or so, too often. then some mistakes in curve 1-2...

but the lights off this track and i might like it way more :)

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:14 pm

Did the standings got stopped being updated? Except in shyguys vids obv?

dede

Post by dede » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:23 pm

Pingu wrote:Did the standings got stopped being updated? Except in shyguys vids obv?
I updated them last week, but Shygay mentioned that there were some miscalcuations.. Maybe he can share his XLS so we have unique standings?

shyguy1001

Post by shyguy1001 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:35 pm

If you am on msn at about 21:00 Dede I'll give you then.. theres a few other things on the file for little stats I use on the video.. like if I say "thats Mikes 8th F1 podium" for example, it's cos I consulted my spreadsheet ;) Or if Etmil says "his 6th front row start" or "the 20th 1-2 on the grid for the + team", thats cos of my spreadsheet :) total useful!

JonnO

Post by JonnO » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:34 pm

Hummm, why are my points 0 for Losail GP? :evil: I finished 13th in Pro race I think!

dede

Post by dede » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:08 pm

See you at Morlund GP, tonight at 21:00 CET!

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:10 pm

The last race woooopwoop :lol:

JonnO

Post by JonnO » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:26 pm

Lets hope for an exciting one! When does the season restart again? :lol:

Mouse

Post by Mouse » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:40 pm

I had some nice moments with Arjen and xzeal, then I realized there was tire wear, and my one-stop strategy (strategy = pit when I'm almost empty, and guess on a decent amount to finish the race) did not work.

So, 4th or 5th if I had a clue what was going on? 7th as a result of me not participating in F1 since 2010.

Fun time anyway... :wink:

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:41 pm

:lol: Congratz Dede on the Championship :lol:

The only good thing about this race was my pre-quali again. I was all over the place and couldn't stop making mistakes much. Some nice overtakes and battles during the race though so that was fun. In the end i came 0,050 short on Szymek :). 10th place. Oh well its a nice number :wink:

GR8Arjen

Post by GR8Arjen » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:45 pm

- 2 weeks of no driving cause of ilness,
- new pc + new keyboard, which realy seemed to be my biggest problem today
- just in time because I had to reinstall video card drivers
- set steering wrong in the settings. (every game uses up, down, left, right, but turbosliders uses: up, down, right, left. in key setup)
Even tried to turn around my keyboard to continue driving but then my brake and trottle were swapped, so that didn't work either. :D
- rookie race warm up, forgot to set fuel, so 100%
- quali, no clean laps, 5th
- race, poor start, poor first lap. poor two first stints basicly. Last stint all was getting much better with a 4th place as result.

Conclusion: A race to quickly forget. Although there were some nice battles ofc. ;)

dede

Post by dede » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:01 pm

I would like to thank everybody for joining this league, Shyguy for making awesome videos, Jaykoq for updating standings, Tijny+Lanz+Etmil+Lux for the trackmaking. It was nice having more than 60 players involved in this, with constantly more than 30 players in each race. Thanks again and congratulations everybody!

About my race, I didn't quite have the pace from the beginning. I could've battled with Tijny for the victory if I didn't make several mistakes right before his last pit-stop, and if I didn't pit so early in first stint.
After noticing that first place was gone (Tijny exit pits ahead of me), I decided to go safe: I was quite tight with fuel strategy and my last stint was pretty long; so I decided to pit and get few more ltrs and new tyres. I actually expected to battle with siLciR in last laps, but I wasn't fast enough. Well, I wasn't racing for second place anyway, my aim was to win the title and keep Pablinho behind. Mission accomplished!