TurboSliders.com F1 League 2011 Edition

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Del
Community User Level: 2

Post by Del » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:01 pm

Mike Nike wrote:wokinger was a bit slow in end of lap 4 but closed the door vs popo...then popo bumps him a little... ending up being able to overtake wokinger due to that bump - actually already no fair overtake and reason enough to let him pass again.
then popo drives offroad and slows down wokinger. again he doesnt let him pass. a half lap later wokinger drives offroad and loses 3 positions.
so all in all, wokinger could have been 4 positions better in middle of lap 5 with popo driving more fair.
and wokinger going offroad in middle of lap 5 was probably even a consequence of getting unconcentrated due to popos action short before.

and wokinger vs del - seemed to be a c lap due to the very small push by wokinger - it was really hard to see if he really touched him, for me, it really looked warpy...even wokinger was clearly faster, its one of those ugly situations where he has to let him pass...but in that situation i can understand he didnt and no serious punishment seems fine, considering he was way faster and there were still 6 laps to go - the chance del blockdefends him so long might be too low to for example give del 1 better place in endresult or something like that.
What the f*** are you smoking? Wokinger was nowhere near to being pushed off the track and thus couldn't have lost more than .05s without the overdramatic lift-off (and popo would also have lost some time due to being slowed down by the push). If I was popo I don't think I'd have let him repass under any circumstance since contacts like those are unavoidable in close racing and the result wasn't too serious. Not taking into account popo going on the sand.

It's a very clear push. There was nothing warpy about it all. I can't seem to record from the server-side recording (at least I think that's what it is) but it's clearly visible there. So now if the person attacking is faster (Wokinger is a bit faster, not clearly faster, there) the defender has to let them pass? Why did Wokinger not have to let popo pass? I went on the f*** sand FFS. That's why I think he should have waited and why he should get a position drop. I lost a considerable amount of time (relative to him). I didn't block defend. That's the line you take through that corner. If he's clearly faster he can find a better line and overtake me without beefing me. I took as wide a line as I could to get a better run on the straight and start widening the gap which is why even such a small push caused me to go off the track. He perfectly voluntarily bumps into my ass. 6 laps to go from a second or so behind. I could understand that argument with 20 laps to go and there being others involved in the fight but we were in no danger of having to fight anyone.

Ivan Drago

Post by Ivan Drago » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:48 pm

Mike Nike wrote:even wokinger was clearly faster, its one of those ugly situations where he has to let him pass
W-T-F? If we consider this generally, are you saying that a slower player should let a faster player pass if they're one the same lap? I'd never let you voluntarily pass me if we are on the same lap even though you are faster than me. Even dede mentioned earlier in the video topic how stupid of you it was to try to let him pass so easily on the main straight in the previous race. Doesn't sound like racing to me if you aren't supposed to defend your position even if the player behind if much faster...

Also dede, pls mang. In all honesty, I didn't see the WORKINGER incident that bad, though definately annoying. However, it was your reply to it that totes surprised me:
dede wrote: you can defend in those cases by making a little block
Ok. So you're saying that it's ok to brake mid-corner in front of an opponent just-in-case. Now imagine a situation where I do that to you, continuously in several corners. You might say that I'll never be in front of you and on the same lap, but it's happened already this season due to connection problems. So what happens afterwards? Do you still say it was ok, because I definately can expect contact there as you are much faster? Or am I warned or even banned due to repeatedly acting like you advised. Consistency there please.

Just to make it clear, I have no opinion whatsoever if WORKINGER should've been punished or not. Seems not that bad a crime to me. But your response there opens a whole new discussion about possibilities that I thought were forbidden right from the start.

Pingu
Community User Level: 5

Post by Pingu » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:01 pm

[ ] clear bump
[ ] middle of corner
[x] right before contact

[ ] impressive dp arguments

Congratz pablito :D

Del

Post by Del » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:25 pm

Pingu wrote:[ ] clear bump
[ ] middle of corner
[x] right before contact

[ ] impressive dp arguments
When a much faster player (think dede after disconnection) is behind me in a corner, unless they take a crazy line or beef me somewhere, I should be able to behind me until I pit just by blocking "right before contact" in every corner if need be.

Mike Nike

Post by Mike Nike » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:46 pm

@del

"since contacts like those are unavoidable in close racing and the result wasn't too serious."

well..they are avoidable, but nothing am easy ;)
anyway, it wasnt too rough by popo in that situation. but if he couldnt have overtaken him without bumping him there, how is that a fair overtake then?

"So now if the person attacking is faster (Wokinger is a bit faster, not clearly faster, there) the defender has to let them pass?"

no, of course not (well, if the car in front gets lapped, then yes, but thats no defending then). i was talking about that wokinger had to let you pass after pushing you, del. and i also was talking about his av. laptimes in the end compared to yours, del. saying, he would have likely caught you in last 6 laps.

"I didn't block defend. That's the line you take through that corner. If he's clearly faster he can find a better line and overtake me without beefing me."

agree.

"He perfectly voluntarily bumps into my ass."

i might have forgot the scene already, but wasnt it more like a close left wheel to right wheel collision? he probably hoped to not touch you and overtake you on the right side. and due to his sucky connection he couldnt see if he bumped you or not. well, after the lap he coulda seen it was a c-lap.

@drago

"even wokinger was clearly faster, its one of those ugly situations where he has to let him pass"

you misunderstood me there. with "he" i meant wokinger there, after he pushed del. so the ugly thing was, that wokinger was way faster in average per lap compared to del, but he had to let him repass after pushing him offroad.

@del

"When a much faster player (think dede after disconnection) is behind me in a corner, unless they take a crazy line or beef me somewhere, I should be able to behind me until I pit just by blocking "right before contact" in every corner if need be."

there might be a straight where he will catch you, because he has more speed and you may defend vs a car behind only into one direction (unless this rule was changed, what i still dont know yet). so lets say on the main straight dede has more speed, tries to overtake right, you steer right, dede switches and steers back to the left side, then you may not block him on that side anymore and he can maybe pass you on the outside.

Del

Post by Del » Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:36 pm

Mike Nike wrote:anyway, it wasnt too rough by popo in that situation. but if he couldnt have overtaken him without bumping him there, how is that a fair overtake then?
It would have been hard for popo to avoid that bump without compromising himself too badly. The position was still defensible for Wokinger after the bump but he slowed down too much so it's a grey area.

no, of course not (well, if the car in front gets lapped, then yes, but thats no defending then). i was talking about that wokinger had to let you pass after pushing you, del.
I misunderstood that then.
and i also was talking about his av. laptimes in the end compared to yours, del. saying, he would have likely caught you in last 6 laps.
I think I started 1 place in front of Wokinger. We both did 3 stops. He didn't have any major lag attacks. We were within seconds of each other at lap 31/38. We had battled throughout the race. He pitted a bit earlier than me, but I don't think we had been separated by more than 5 seconds at any point in the race when taking that into account. My lap times started falling quite dramatically after that incident due in great part to my serious loss of concentration because I was seething with rage at Wokinger (a great example of this is my going on the sand on the main straight trying to adjust my position to better be able to fight Wokinger.

i might have forgot the scene already, but wasnt it more like a close left wheel to right wheel collision? he probably hoped to not touch you and overtake you on the right side. and due to his sucky connection he couldnt see if he bumped you or not. well, after the lap he coulda seen it was a c-lap.
You're right but as it's so clearly visible in the non-laggy replays sucky connection shouldn't be a suitable excuse...

there might be a straight where he will catch you, because he has more speed and you may defend vs a car behind only into one direction (unless this rule was changed, what i still dont know yet). so lets say on the main straight dede has more speed, tries to overtake right, you steer right, dede switches and steers back to the left side, then you may not block him on that side anymore and he can maybe pass you on the outside.
But I'm allowed to beef him into the corner even if he does overtake me. And I wouldn't count on him being able to get that much more speed onto the main straight if I'm allowed to block him in the last corner.

Mike Nike

Post by Mike Nike » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:10 pm

"I think I started 1 place in front of Wokinger. We both did 3 stops. He didn't have any major lag attacks. We were within seconds of each other at lap 31/38. We had battled throughout the race. He pitted a bit earlier than me, but I don't think we had been separated by more than 5 seconds at any point in the race when taking that into account. My lap times started falling quite dramatically after that incident due in great part to my serious loss of concentration because I was seething with rage at Wokinger (a great example of this is my going on the sand on the main straight trying to adjust my position to better be able to fight Wokinger."

good arguments. dont know about the laps before..only watched like 1-3 laps before the incident and there it looked like wokinger was able to catch up due to his speed.

"You're right but as it's so clearly visible in the non-laggy replays sucky connection shouldn't be a suitable excuse..."

uh nice pic there. well, id certainly believe wokinger had no bad intentions there. if you both were similar fast, then you coulda fight within 6 laps till the end.
probably sharing the xth place or something similar could be a nice solution too, probably. but basicly, if he finished like 14th and you 15th or something (sry, dont know the result like now), switching the position sounds like an acceptable solution too though.

"But I'm allowed to beef him into the corner even if he does overtake me. And I wouldn't count on him being able to get that much more speed onto the main straight if I'm allowed to block him in the last corner."

lol, no beefing. but..if he avoids getting blocked in the corner before the straight due to holding a little gap, and gets out of it very fast...then it could work.

Wokinger
Community User Level: 3
Community User Level: 3

Post by Wokinger » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:59 pm

Del wrote:
Mike Nike wrote:anyway, it wasnt too rough by popo in that situation. but if he couldnt have overtaken him without bumping him there, how is that a fair overtake then?
It would have been hard for popo to avoid that bump without compromising himself too badly. The position was still defensible for Wokinger after the bump but he slowed down too much so it's a grey area.

no, of course not (well, if the car in front gets lapped, then yes, but thats no defending then). i was talking about that wokinger had to let you pass after pushing you, del.
I misunderstood that then.
and i also was talking about his av. laptimes in the end compared to yours, del. saying, he would have likely caught you in last 6 laps.
I think I started 1 place in front of Wokinger. We both did 3 stops. He didn't have any major lag attacks. We were within seconds of each other at lap 31/38. We had battled throughout the race. He pitted a bit earlier than me, but I don't think we had been separated by more than 5 seconds at any point in the race when taking that into account. My lap times started falling quite dramatically after that incident due in great part to my serious loss of concentration because I was seething with rage at Wokinger (a great example of this is my going on the sand on the main straight trying to adjust my position to better be able to fight Wokinger.
I didn't have any major lag attacks, but I was kicked out while I was making my first pit-stop. (10/11 laps). After that I stay for a while, because I didn't know what was going on. And finally when I was back on track I fall into a crowd and because of my speed I couldn't do anything good, so I drove out of track.

Ivan Drago

Post by Ivan Drago » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:30 am

Mike Nike wrote: @drago

"even wokinger was clearly faster, its one of those ugly situations where he has to let him pass"

you misunderstood me there. with "he" i meant wokinger there, after he pushed del. so the ugly thing was, that wokinger was way faster in average per lap compared to del, but he had to let him repass after pushing him offroad.
Ok sorry, my bad. Now it makes sense.

Jaykoq

Post by Jaykoq » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:39 pm

Jaykoq wrote:
Jaykoq wrote:
Jaykoq wrote: Follow link from quote :D

Everything up to date (I hope so)
Lol, quotes :D
I'm a moron \o/

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:54 pm

Jaykoq wrote:
Jaykoq wrote:
Jaykoq wrote:
Don't do that too much, or dede will get pissed.

Jaykoq

Post by Jaykoq » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:54 pm

Tijny wrote:
Jaykoq wrote:
Jaykoq wrote:
Don't do that too much, or dede will get pissed.
I'm a moron \o/

bazter

Post by bazter » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:55 pm

[my please

dede

Post by dede » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:21 pm

Just a little reminder, tonight we'll drive the last F1 race of the year, final three races will be played in January!

From this race we'll exclude the two worst results, so that ranking will be more accurate!

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:43 pm

Haha ok nice, otherwise in last 9 and 10 everything will change some people could go way up or down then :p

JonnO

Post by JonnO » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:26 pm

Are we able to join half way through a season? :p If so add me to the entry list :)

UKOGSam
Community User Level: 1
Community User Level: 1

Post by UKOGSam » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:37 pm

Me too please

shyguy1001

Post by shyguy1001 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:44 pm

JonnO wrote:Are we able to join half way through a season? :p If so add me to the entry list :)
Reffered from the race video? Woop! Next ones out tomorow morning some time! :)

dede

Post by dede » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:45 pm

JonnO wrote:Are we able to join half way through a season? :p If so add me to the entry list :)
I won't update the entry list anymore, just show up at races ;)

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:46 pm

I'm getting mail whenever somebody put some reply here it this topic. Can you disable that?

dede

Post by dede » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:47 pm

Whiplash wrote:I'm getting mail whenever somebody put some reply here it this topic. Can you disable that?
viewtopic.php?t=2353&unwatch=topic

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:51 pm

dede wrote:
Whiplash wrote:I'm getting mail whenever somebody put some reply here it this topic. Can you disable that?
:?:

dede

Post by dede » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:52 pm

Whiplash wrote:
dede wrote:
CLICK!

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:53 pm

dede wrote:
Whiplash wrote:
CLICK!
And problem is solved just by click?

lux2

Post by lux2 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:40 pm

Oops, I failed my first prequali. It was in the air.

I was tired about reirom, his lawyers's posts and antisliding things.
So, sad to say this, I bought rfactor1 and a wheel and I played with it all the week and I'll play it from now on. I'm loving it.

I'll not quit completely with TS but I'll race only in sliding cups. Please send me a PM when something like Slide Night will be raced.
I will also join the remaining F1 races but only because I like the small-IHLC prequali.

Last thing: I have two unfinished tracks, one of about 65 seconds (not bad IMO) and one of about 90 :shock:

The first has the pattern and the big tile completed. "Only" grid and Editor things have to be done.
The second has only the complete pattern.
If someone want to complete them...