TurboSliders.com F1 League 2011 Edition

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Pingu
Community User Level: 5

Post by Pingu » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:25 pm

Ohh nice race again :D. Very cool track. Again 9th on quali.. not so good but i felt my pace was better than 9th spot but maybe not much.

Of the start I could keep up with mike but not for more than 3 laps, then a Nice battle with Matic and then just before the first pit stops Eddie and Pablito came. I think we were almoust 3 wide on the straight with Eddie me and kilkulri(or matic dont remeber), so that was cool. Then Eddie passed me and then pablito came... no point in taking a line there inside or outside cause he will just bulldozer you away lol.

Then 2nd pit and I saw I could maybe sitll get Kilkuriki aka SV? Came out of hte pit right behind Shyguy and we had some nice battle :wink: After 1 fail overtaking plan was to get more run out of the last chicane and then take him on the straight, first attempt didnt make it since he shut the door but 1 lap later it looked like I was too much behind but the straight line speed was just enough to take him.

The lap after that I was like ciao baby and drove my fastest lap of the race 40.1 :).

Then It was a quick run to the finsih to lock my 7th place

GG =]

oh yea and sorry for saying f (ff) in chat after I pitted. It was more about my slow response lol dunno why i tapped chat button

shyguy1001

Post by shyguy1001 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:31 pm

Pingu and me were total this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo971KDXsbI

He was rubens, only difference was he backed out :D

I had big lags in first stint - resulting with on the grass a few times. Once out of the final corner a very big one, which cost me 2/3 seconds. Sucked, was very distracting, I think however with my raw speed most possible was 8th or 9th again. I guess it's just making the F1 videos taking my time away from practice making me slow :D

Only other major incident of my race was with Lexx on final lap. My strategy was 30% 50% 20%, and I calculated during the middle stint I should be able to catch and pass lexx on new tyres at the end. Sure enough, I came out just behind him and thought "ok lets go". I failed to catch however, kept making stupid mistakes and only caught on final lap.. where I touched him to pass. I didn't know whether it was rough or not, I feel I braked in the same place I braked all race.. but I thought, "I'll wait where it's really clear I'm waiting, and see if he takes the position or not.." so I did, right at the finish line, and he took it, so I guess I was probably wrong :D Cheers Lexx anyway.

Hevonen
Community User Level: 2

Post by Hevonen » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:40 pm

Track was cool and my speed much better than in last four races. Finished 13th. Unfortunately had a huge lag spike on lap 5 that cost me many places in the end. :x And sorry pablo for not letting you pass.. I was just so angry after the crash.

GR8Arjen
Community User Level: 3

Post by GR8Arjen » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:09 pm

Disapointment.

Qualied nice on 7th,

Drove a nice start of the race, was not able to hold everybody off, but faught for it hardly. Dropped some places, but was ok.

Then pitstop and was hit by I think Hevonnen Was a bit pissed, and lost a bit of concentration.

Got one time stuck in the hairpin, and later I wanted the let the lead cars to pass me on the straight, and a huge lagg made me go straight on the first corner. Lost lots of time there, then after that(some laps later) I get crushed by Del, resulting in pushed off the track, and loose again lots of time. Perhaps the stewards should look at that accident.

Very disapointed with my performance. I was rubbish!

dede

Post by dede » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:40 pm

First of all, thanks for the attendance! Thanks for joining the F1 League so far, hope to see you all again in 3 weeks: next race is the 8th of January! Merry Xmas everybody ;)

As Xmas gift, Santa announces that stupid players won't be allowed to join last three races. And I'm pretty sure that we can exclude them from next cups as well. At least REIROM was funny in a way, some other is not.

About my race, I had a very solid lead from the beginning and no entertaining moments at all. I got a bit of pressure when Eddie was closing down on me, but I managed to drive constantly there too. In last part I gave way to Pelbel (actually he overtook me quite hard! but I guess it's fine) since he was faster than me.

JonnO

Post by JonnO » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:37 am

I thought the track was nice, had a decent flow to it and loved that square section and the last corner. The rookie race was fun to play in, we were all lapping round-a-bout the same but I did a 2 stop strategy of 40% 60% i think it was. Going from 8% to 60% took so long I think it could have cost me a bit, specially having 20% or so left over! But hey, it's all a learning curve :D

Made a few silly mistakes in crucial parts of the race but managed to overtake RobbieRR on the final straight of the last lap when he ran out of fuel to take 7th. :twisted: Wanted a top 5 finish in the rookies but lap 5 (I think) Dad started uploading and i was bouncing around, slowed off to make sure I didn't bash anyone until he stopped it! But overall a fun race with some good battles.

Looking forward to the next one. Releasing the track at the time of the match is a great idea too, stops people from wanking it 24/7 and getting an easy win :D

Gogo 8th January! :D Sadly I move back to uni then, which means going back to 128kb/s internet limit :evil: But I'l be on!

Hevonen

Post by Hevonen » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:47 am

Very sorry Arjen, I forgot that. :(

Lanz
Community User Level: 4
Community User Level: 4

Post by Lanz » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:58 pm

totes not happy with my 6th place! had the speed to do better but an awful 2nd stint cost me a better position! pre-quali and quali went very good! again awesome track from T! also start and first stint was very good! but from then on i started struggling, somehow i felt it hard to keep the focus! made stupid mistakes! totally missed pit entry as i pitted for 2nd time! mike past me there and i was just not able to close it down to him again!
seems its going to be a nice fight for 4th position in championship standings! :roll:
at least its looking good in constructors championship after our new engagement! muhahahahahahaahaha
GO FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:22 pm

You cant just sign Silcir and then get all his points? Surely only the points he gets from now on?

shyguy1001

Post by shyguy1001 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:07 pm

Yeah, I think so. I was saying to Dede there should be a rule that "before the second race, if someone joins a team, the points are added retrospectively for the first two races. After the third race, this doesn't happen, only points for those races"

dede

Post by dede » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:01 pm

shyguy1001 wrote:"before the second race, if someone joins a team, the points are added retrospectively for the first two races. After the third race, this doesn't happen, only points for those races"
Actually I believe I said something like that, since teams were announced too late, but probably it wasn't of any use since teams didn't change at all after second race. I guess I said something about team size too, and FUN is over the limit :P But ok, siLciR points count only from this race.

shyguy1001

Post by shyguy1001 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:32 pm

Yeah, maybe FUN should split into two teams next season.. The not quite so underdogs and the true underdogs :D

[siLciR]

Post by [siLciR] » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:48 pm

lol, my mother started screaming my name last race, i thought it mught be urgent, and got out unhappily, and it wasn't anything of urgency.

i probably could've managed a 6 or 7th that race, so, i'm not so sad about it looking in retrospective.

shyguy1001

Post by shyguy1001 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:30 am

[siLciR] wrote:lol, my mother started screaming my name last race, i thought it mught be urgent, and got out unhappily, and it wasn't anything of urgency.

i probably could've managed a 6 or 7th that race, so, i'm not so sad about it looking in retrospective.
Wow, FUN car not as good as the old one built in your garage? :D :P

pablinho15

Post by pablinho15 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:51 am

A variety of sound there would have to be in the race.

http://www.mediafire.com/?bv74996aucakha6

Plus Team : Ferrari.wav
F***: Mercedes.wav
FUN: Renault.wav
iR: BMW.wav
[dp]: Toyota.wav
Morons: Honda.wav

The installation is very easy. Normally the file of the engine of tsef1 is TSE-F1.wav ex: i am in the team F *** change of name of the file "Mercedes.wav" to "TSE-F1.wav". Before installation, copy the file TSE-F1.wav to another folder (backup) by if they don't like the sound.

Grettings.- :idea:

Jaykoq

Post by Jaykoq » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:04 pm

Jaykoq wrote:
Tijny wrote:
Jaykoq wrote: Lol, quotes :D
Don't do that too much, or dede will get pissed.
Sry for waiting this long.

Later this week I'll fix some problems I have with calculating Top8 results.

I hope you had nice holidays.

I wish Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you and your families. Be healthy, happy, and other best wishes in 2012.

\o/
I'm a moron \o/

JonnO

Post by JonnO » Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:46 pm

Ah awesome, nicely done! Hadn't actually seen that until now. Just 1 thing, it's JonnO not JohnO :P Excellent work though! <3

shyguy1001

Post by shyguy1001 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:16 pm

Jaykoq wrote:
Jaykoq wrote:
Tijny wrote:Don't do that too much, or dede will get pissed.
Sry for waiting this long.

Later this week I'll fix some problems I have with calculating Top8 results.

I hope you had nice holidays.

I wish Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you and your families. Be healthy, happy, and other best wishes in 2012.

\o/
Use the MIN and SMALL formulas ;) I don't know how pro you are at spreadsheets, it may be insulting for me to give you advice :D But it's just what I use when I calculate standings in the F1 Videos table, very quick and efficient.

Jaykoq

Post by Jaykoq » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:27 am

shyguy1001 wrote: Use the MIN and SMALL formulas ;) I don't know how pro you are at spreadsheets, it may be insulting for me to give you advice :D But it's just what I use when I calculate standings in the F1 Videos table, very quick and efficient.
What is Small formula for? I'll try now :D
I thought having 10000 IFs in one IF to figure out that 2 min results ...
But thanks \o/ Every help is ok :D

Edit: Thanks man, u are genious :***
If I ever see you I'll buy you a drink or two and make you a giant sandwich :*

Edit2: So basically ... points are = "sum of all races" - "worst two races"
And if someone didn't show up on race, that is 0 points?
Pls tell me if I'm wrong, this looks ok for me.
I'm a moron \o/

Jaykoq

Post by Jaykoq » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:54 am

Official standings

Ok, stats are fully functionable I would say.
Special thanks to xzeal and Shyguy who told me "Small" formula.

So ... Points are current points,
Min and Min2 are your worst 2 results this season,
Sum is all standings summed.
Last edited by Jaykoq on Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm a moron \o/

xzeal

Post by xzeal » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:59 pm

xzeal wrote:Hey Jay, would you mind replacing the "Minimum points in a race" value in your tables with the "points minus the 2 worst races"?

PS: If you are having trouble - the SMALL function in excel might help you with that.

PPS: dede - I seriously hope you dont plan on having more than 2 rain races in this season. Frankly if I knew it was rain beforehand - I would not even show up.
That was November 27.
Jaykoq wrote:Official standings

Special thanks to Shyguy who told me "Small" formula.

Typical - nobody listens to me.

Jaykoq

Post by Jaykoq » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:09 pm

xzeal wrote:
xzeal wrote:Hey Jay, would you mind replacing the "Minimum points in a race" value in your tables with the "points minus the 2 worst races"?

PS: If you are having trouble - the SMALL function in excel might help you with that.

PPS: dede - I seriously hope you dont plan on having more than 2 rain races in this season. Frankly if I knew it was rain beforehand - I would not even show up.
That was November 27.
Jaykoq wrote:Official standings

Special thanks to Shyguy who told me "Small" formula.

Typical - nobody listens to me.
Aw, man ... sry :(
I didn't see posts .. I'll see why now ... I'm terribly sorry :(
If I had seen that I would do this stats 2months ago :/

ps - man i see now, that large image was there and after that was race and my faculty next day ... so I was online in Tuesday ...
You had to quote my post I would see that clearly ...
Sry again :(
I'm a moron \o/

shyguy1001

Post by shyguy1001 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:01 pm

Huehuehuehue :) I've always been using my own spreadsheet anyway for the F1 Videos, poor old Xzeal..

dede

Post by dede » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:38 pm

Thanks for the standings, Jay. Can you please remove Del points from last race as he got disqualified?

dede

Post by dede » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:35 pm

Just a little reminder: F1 League is coming back for last three races in Janary, starting from this Sunday! See you in the servers ;)