SCARTS Season 6 - Stock Car Auto Racing on Turbo Sliders

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

[FTR] Burnout
Community User Level: 2

SCARTS Season 6 - Stock Car Auto Racing on Turbo Sliders

Post by [FTR] Burnout » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:56 am

SCARTS - Stock Car Auto Racing on Turbo Sliders - will return for its sixth season this March 18th. SCARTS runs two seperates series simultaneously throughout the year: the Full Throttle Cup Series (our primary series which runs on Sundays at 5pm ET) and the Rising Star Series (our developmental series running on Wednesdays at 3pm ET).

SCARTS has a reputation of being the 'oval series' here on Turbo Sliders - but we have broadened our road course roots this past offseason in the Turbocharged Series and have decided to implement more of that road racing throughout the upcoming year.

Image Image

SPEEDWEEKS

On March 18th, we will begin our Daytona Speedweeks with a group Preseason Test at Daytona International Speedway with the new 2012 SCARTS Full Throttle Cup cars. There will be a 50 lap testing session followed by a short 60 lap race with a 10 lap ghost qualification format preceding it.

That race is for fun only as we will run our first 'official' event on the Wednesday after (March 21st), the 2012 edition of the SCARTS Shootout. That race will be 75 laps and be used as a race to set the field for our annual Daytona 500 set for Sunday April 1st at 5pm ET.

You can watch the entire SCARTS Shootout from last year complete with commentary by Shyguy on his SlidersTV channel - here are the links.

Part 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83E6SDBT ... re=related

Part 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_NsmYf9 ... re=related

Part 3:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tiab27yzBDA

REGISTRATION

If you are interested in joining us this season for SCARTS, please visit our forum - http://turboscarts.darkbb.com

As of now, you can register yourself into the SCARTS Full Throttle Cup Series to reserve a car number for the year. Rising Star will open shortly once I get a confirmed car listing from our car designer, DerekE.

SCHEDULE

Full Throttle Cup: http://turboscarts.darkbb.com/t359-2012 ... p-schedule
Rising Star Series: http://turboscarts.darkbb.com/t364-2012 ... s-schedule

IMAGES

"That boy has got alot of talent, if only he can harness it on a weekly basis."

[FTR] Burnout

Post by [FTR] Burnout » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:52 am

Here is a preview of the 2012 version of Daytona to be raced in our season opening Speedweeks. This track is designed to race as close to restrictor plate pack racing as can be done in the Turbo Sliders game engine.

I hope to see you join us for our 2012 season!

shyguy1001
Community User Level: 5

Post by shyguy1001 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:15 pm

www.youtube.com/sliderstv <---- Best Turbosliders Videos ever made ;)

Oompa

Post by Oompa » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:55 am

Let it be known that I owned Jonno in my first ever SCARTS-race!

JonnO

Post by JonnO » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:42 pm

Oompa wrote:Let it be known that I owned Jonno in my first ever SCARTS-race!
You beat me, but you definitely didn't own me :p Seeing as server lag cost me the position to you originally, as I more or less ended up driving onto the grass but managed to stay close to you, then my battery ran out so my laptop shut down :roll:

UKOGSam
Community User Level: 1

Post by UKOGSam » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:11 pm

I beat Jonno which shouldn't really happen. It was actually the first time I beat him in an official Turbosliders race :D

shyguy1001

Post by shyguy1001 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:59 pm

shyguy1001

Post by shyguy1001 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:51 pm

What a great opening race.. after we got over some "restart" issues.. :D A 0.025 finish, many congratulations Hevonen for winning on your Rising Star Series debut!

I have decided I will run a test server at around 8-10GMT every night to give rookies practice so they can race in the 500. If you do not show up to one of these practices during a week, and have never raced before, you may well not be allowed to race the 500.

JonnO

Post by JonnO » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:55 pm

shyguy1001 wrote:If you do not show up to one of these practices during a week, and have never raced before, you may well not be allowed to race the 500.
Or if you show no following of the rules!

Hevonen

Post by Hevonen » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:03 am

Thanks! It was fun even though I didn't understand all the rules.

shyguy1001

Post by shyguy1001 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:50 am

Hevonen wrote:Thanks! It was fun even though I didn't understand all the rules.
It's ok, it's expected in our rookie series. We are just in the process of typing up the new 2012 rulebook..

Simplified though, it's as simple as this:

Starts/Restarts:

While Pacing..

Keep up with the guy besides you, dont lag back or accelerate too early

Before the start finish line..

DONT overtake guy in front of you, DONT change lines

If NO RS is displayed because a bad restart...

Park back in the original positions from before the restart :)

Safety Cars:

When YEL is displayed...

Slow down, DONT pit and DONT pass

When PIT OPEN is displayed..

When you next pass the pit entry, either pit or dont pit. If you dont pit go straight to grid and slowly fill it up 1-20. If you are laps down and dont pit you may get a free lap back (similar to F1 this year) - park IN FRONT of the grid to claim it and don't go until I say. If you are the FIRST car a lap or more down, you get a free lap back WITH a pitstop. Don't pit when I say PIT OPEN and park in front of the grid, when I tell you to get a lap back you may PIT while doing so.

Hevonen - many congratulations on your win by the way.. 0.025 is VERY close after a final 18 lap green flag run.. you are only the second ever person in SCARTS to win on their debut :)

szymek66

Post by szymek66 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:42 pm

shyguy1001 wrote:What a great opening race.. after we got over some "restart" issues.. :D A 0.025 finish, many congratulations Hevonen for winning on your Rising Star Series debut!

I have decided I will run a test server at around 8-10GMT every night to give rookies practice so they can race in the 500. If you do not show up to one of these practices during a week, and have never raced before, you may well not be allowed to race the 500.
Ekhm, F1SL tonight at 8GMT :D

shyguy1001

Post by shyguy1001 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:52 pm

szymek66 wrote:
shyguy1001 wrote:What a great opening race.. after we got over some "restart" issues.. :D A 0.025 finish, many congratulations Hevonen for winning on your Rising Star Series debut!

Ekhm, F1SL tonight at 8GMT :D
Yes, thats why is approx :D

Coolsea

Post by Coolsea » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:36 pm

i should be at practice tonight. see you there shy

[FTR] Burnout

Post by [FTR] Burnout » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:03 am

Looking forward to this race on Sunday, moreso than ever due to the testing we had this past week. We were going three wide quite frequently with a recent tire wear adjustment, which is bringing the competition even closer together than it was in our other events leading up to this race.

Thankfully, this race will not include any driver that doesn't understand the rules or ruins the racing by being a constant blocker. Such moves are considered insulting this year in SCARTS and will only put you eligible for Rising Star secondary series, if that.

I promise to all drivers new and old to SCARTS, we are cracking down on idiots in Full Throttle Cup in 2012. Based on the racing I've seen from testing, as long as people race appropriately, we will see one HELL of a race and will be fun to rewatch again on SlidersTV once the video is made.

I hope to see everyone on Sunday. As long as you are familiar with SCARTS, raced or practiced with us before AND are a trusted competitor, you are invited to join us in our sixth annual SCARTS Daytona 500!

5pm ET Sunday.

JonnO

Post by JonnO » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:33 pm

Great way to put it Burnout.

Can't wait for this race! It's going to be insanely good!

shyguy1001

Post by shyguy1001 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:38 pm

Hevo - about the Rising Star Race @ Phoenix..

"If you are laps down and dont pit you may get a free lap back (similar to F1 this year) - park IN FRONT of the grid to claim it and don't go until I say. If you are the FIRST car a lap or more down, you get a free lap back WITH a pitstop. Don't pit when I say PIT OPEN and park in front of the grid, when I tell you to get a lap back you may PIT while doing so. "

Read up the topic, I said this. You pitted, then took a lap back. That was illegal. Just so you know :D In future, if you want a lap back, dont pit.

shyguy1001

Post by shyguy1001 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:03 am

Presenting Sam The Beefmaster (Yellow car) vs Me (White Car)

Oompa

Post by Oompa » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:54 am

Owned

Lanz
Community User Level: 4
Community User Level: 4

Post by Lanz » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:03 pm

Do you recall the 2011 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship battle? Tony vs. Carl? Well, we have the exact same situation here in Full Throttle Cup.

Burnout began the Chase winning the first four races of the Chase and entering himself into the title picture. But since then, Lanz broke through with two wins and JonnO won the most recent race at Phoenix, knocking Burnout out of the title picture now that drops are occuring.

So it's down to the early season Lanz/JonnO fight at the NEW Homestead-Miami Speedway. Lanz enters this race with a 1 point advantage over JonnO even with JonnO's win last week. Phoenix was a drop race, so JonnO only gained one point on Lanz overall. Unfortunately, Lanz still lost ground on JonnO dropping his worst finish of the Chase.

In the current situation, Lanz's next worst drop is a 19 point 4th place run at Auto Club Speedway and JonnO' drop will be an 18 point 5th place run at Tsukuba Circuit. Now, with a one point seperation between the two drivers (Lanz leader, JonnO -1), the simple fact is that whichever driver wins the race, that driver wins the championship. It's THAT close. So if JonnO wins with no lap led bonuses, that victory is a 22 point effort, an improvement of 4 points over his 18 point run at Tsukuba. The best Lanz could do is run 2nd with most laps led, worth up to 21 points and only a +2 gain from his 19 point run. JonnO would then win title by a point.

Now Lanz does hold a point advantage and win tiebreaker advantage should neither of the two win Homestead, so that puts more pressure on JonnO to gain as many points as possible to get ahead of Lanz in points. Not to mention, Lanz is undefeated at the old Homestead! A tie would not cut it - Lanz has six victories, JonnO would have four. JonnO would need to earn at the very least, 20 points, to leap frog Lanz in the standings if Lanz can not improve on his 19 point effort.

So to summarize, here are the Full Throttle Cup championship clinch scenarios for Homestead-Miami:

Lanz:
- Win the race (bonuses unnecessary)
- Finish 2nd with at least one bonus IF JonnO doesn't win
- JonnO finishes 4th or worse
- JonnO finishes 3rd or worse with only one bonus

JonnO:
- Win the race (bonuses unnecessary)
- Finish 2nd with two bonuses - Lanz scores 20 points or less
- Finish 2nd with one bonus - Lanz scores 19 points or less
- Finish 3rd with two bonuses - Lanz scores 19 points or less

It's going to be a huge battle, we hope to see you all there to witness SCARTS history! It could be a repeat of Season 2 where the championship isn't determined until the final lap!

RACE #24 @ HOMESTEAD-MIAMI PREVIEW
==================================
When: Wednesday, November 7th @ 5pm ET
Race Length: 208 laps
2011 Winner (Old Track): Lanz

[FTR] Burnout

Post by [FTR] Burnout » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:03 am

The New Homestead-Miami Speedway

We will run this circuit for the season finale on November 7th at 5pm ET time. It's been an incredible season of SCARTS and it'll be awesome to cap it off with a great head-to-head faceoff between JonnO and Lanz.

We welcome everyone to participate in our final race of 2012. Who knows what will happen on that Wednesday. I intend to have one of our players live stream the race if you don't want to participate.

Head to our site http://turboscarts.darkbb.com for more details on our Full Throttle Cup season finale AND the Rising Star fiinale at this track the day before on Tuesday, 4pm ET.

UKOGSam

Post by UKOGSam » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:20 pm

SCARTS returns for its winter season, the Turbocharged series on the 2nd December.

The events will be run on a Sunday evening at a time after the F1 League race has finished (and dede has won again :P ) so all you have to do is keep Turbosliders running and join for some more action.

Everyone is welcome so please feel free to race in one of the most competitive series on Turbosliders!!!

To register for the series and to pick a car follow the link here:
http://turboscarts.darkbb.com/t594-turb ... gistration

Also if you plan on racing you can help choose the ovals and road courses that may be raced during the season by voting in the following links:

Oval vote: http://turboscarts.darkbb.com/t593-ovals-poll

Road Course vote: http://turboscarts.darkbb.com/t592-road-course-poll

Good luck and we look forward to seeing you all!