Weekly Wanking: The Return of the Major OC

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Tijny
Community User Level: 5

Weekly Wanking: The Return of the Major OC

Post by Tijny » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:20 am

Well wippe, I'm finally putting up a wanking server for you. 1 track, a variety of cars and 52934*10^2849 laps! Let's see if this arouses people's interests.

There's no live standings page yet - it should be quite easy to make though, I guess I'll get around to doing that either tonight or tomorrow.

Whiplash

Re: Weekly Wanking: The Return of the Major OC

Post by Whiplash » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:27 pm

Tijny wrote:Well wippe, I'm finally putting up a wanking server for you. 1 track, a variety of cars and 52934*10^2849 laps! Let's see if this arouses people's interests.

There's no live standings page yet - it should be quite easy to make though, I guess I'll get around to doing that either tonight or tomorrow.
Wooooohoooo!!! I finally have a reason for living.

Edit: Oh f***!!! I just saw the cars.

Tijny

Re: Weekly Wanking: The Return of the Major OC

Post by Tijny » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:31 pm

Whiplash wrote:
Tijny wrote:Well wippe, I'm finally putting up a wanking server for you. 1 track, a variety of cars and 52934*10^2849 laps! Let's see if this arouses people's interests.

Wooooohoooo!!! I finally have a reason for living.

Edit: Oh f***!!! I just saw the cars.
Well, there are at least 2 cars you should like, and that's the idea a bit: you don't have to like everything, but there should be something for everyone. And if you have better ideas for next weeks, I'm all ears. Might even make it a daily thing, with a random selection of tracks and cars every day.

dede

Post by dede » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:06 pm

Seems I can be in, at least with Slider!

JonnO
Community User Level: 2

Post by JonnO » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:42 pm

Cool, will give this a bash later, ranking system would be awesome if it gets implemented sometime!

Hevonen

Post by Hevonen » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:15 pm

So where is this server? :(

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:01 am

Yea a server with a random F1 track and the TSE car to warm us up for a new season, track changing every week.

GR8Arjen
Community User Level: 3
Community User Level: 3

Post by GR8Arjen » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:26 pm

+1

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:54 pm

Server with default cars is missing = nice cups with default cars are missing = Tijny sux.

Btw, F1-TSE car is down probably. Tijny designed new one with improved look and handling.

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:06 pm

Whiplash wrote:Server with default cars is missing = nice cups with default cars are missing = Tijny sux.
So put another one up, it's not like that's my responsibility. I took this down because whatever I did, it was never going to be any good and you were just going to keep nagging me to death. Although I guess it wouldn't make a big difference because you will do that regardless.

Lanz
Community User Level: 4
Community User Level: 4

Post by Lanz » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:11 pm

Whiplash wrote:Btw, F1-TSE car is down probably. Tijny designed new one with improved look and handling.
would be nice! on my pc the car is still shaking! was not able to solve that problem!

edit: good news for me! new car is not shaking anymore and thats why i really like it! 8) good job guys!

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:05 pm

Whiplash wrote:I took this down because whatever I did, it was never going to be any good and you were just going to keep nagging me to death.
Nagging??? Wtf??? I was the only who were still encouraging you even despite all the stupid cars you've decided to set up there. Patetic. I can't believe you decided to pull out such a great script from there just like that.
You killed the only server that was finally promising a bit of fun in all theses previous years. I guess I should just act like all the others and say: "F*** this shit", without even asking for improvements. Patetic.

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:21 pm

Whiplash wrote:Nagging??? Wtf??? I was the only who were still encouraging you even despite all the stupid cars you've decided to set up there. Patetic. I can't believe you decided to pull out such a great script from there just like that.
You killed the only server that was finally promising a bit of fun in all theses previous years. I guess I should just act like all the others and say: "F*** this shit", without even asking for improvements. Patetic.
I'm sorry, I just got quite pissed at the "T sux" part - putting the blame on you is just as low as you blaming me there. The fact of the matter is that I didn't really take the server down - I just never got around to setting it up again after that one week because frankly, I didn't know what else to do with it. Truth be told, I didn't really feel much for your suggestions of making it just like ts.com's "ranking" (it's much too static that way), but I didn't have many other ideas either. So yeah. I guess with the F1 league coming up, something similar could be reinstated, a training server if you will. And maybe, just maybe, using that as a baseline, it's easier to work out some ideas and possibly expand on that in the future.

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:33 pm

Tijny wrote:I'm sorry, I just got quite pissed at the "T sux" part
Well, I realized that only some good old REIROM's sentences are the only ones that can still provoke admins here to do something. :P I'll rather see "pissed admins" than "no admins" around here. :P

Btw, just don't forget to activate your script on that "training shit" or whatever you'll call it.

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:01 am

Ok, I put up the F1 training server I mentioned - it has a simple ranking/skill class script, where players can score a maximum of 1000 points depending on their best lap times on a number of tracks. I tried to make a selection of tracks from a variety of authors, with tracks that haven't been wanked to death. :P

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:41 pm

Cool, that new car is really good btw, the top speed seems much higher and more f1 like in the corners. Problem is i was 2 seconds of the pace :lol:

The braking seems weaker too, in the Aprica track surely its faster to brake via the dirt in the bottom right chicane?:P

Jaykoq

Post by Jaykoq » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:51 pm

I don't know if is it me, or this new car is really awesome :D

And I like points system, great job :D
I'm a moron \o/