TurboSliders.com F1 League 2012 Edition

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

JonnO
Community User Level: 2

Post by JonnO » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:53 pm

What is this idle consumption? :D <-- noob
Etmil wrote:Anyway, I don't know about others, but the way I drive is that I have my right hand controlling the acceleration and steering.. and the left hand handling the brakes (closely together with the key to change info/data in the upper left corner of the screen). How popular is this kind of setup?
Yes, i use Numpad 4, Numpad 8 and Numpad 6 as left accel and right, then i use w as brake :]

Pingu
Community User Level: 5

Post by Pingu » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:00 pm

q throttle
s brake
< left
> right
w shooting

here :)

dede

Post by dede » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:41 pm

Well, the change Tijny made is completely fair and doesn't give advantage to Mike. It was a bug, that's all. Mike will keep consuming more fuel than others since he will accelerate earlier than others (as soon as he releases the brake button, while others take some ms before switching from brake button to throttle).

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:51 pm

dede wrote:Well, the change Tijny made is completely fair and doesn't give advantage to Mike. It was a bug, that's all. Mike will keep consuming more fuel than others since he will accelerate earlier than others (as soon as he releases the brake button, while others take some ms before switching from brake button to throttle).
Exactly, thanks for agreeing with me that it's a bug. Mike told me last sunday that he used 5-6% more fuel than me in the whole race, which is quite a lot if you ask me. In terms of total race time that would cost him maybe a second or a little more - not that much you say - but the significance of this lies in the details: higher fuel load can put you further back in qualifying or make it harder to keep a car behind you in racing situations, and longer refuel times can mean the difference between a car passing or not passing you during a pitstop.

Oh yeah, and I use the arrow keys. It's what they were made for. It's the only damn way.

Hevonen

Post by Hevonen » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:10 pm

Great, I also began to use the throttle on all the time style a few weeks ago (and 4 fingers instead of arrow keys). At first it was difficult but now im clearly faster than before. Even broke one track record. But 2 seconds is nothing for me so doesn't really matter what you choose.

Oompa

Post by Oompa » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:43 pm

I drive az,. like in GP2. If we had gear changes, I would use the spacebar. I use L-ALT for my rockets, and I have a machete in case of an intruder alert. I will chop the perpetrator up into tiny little slices and eat his liver out of my fruitbasket, which is full of nice round oranges.

Care for one?

By the way, when does one start the F1-league?

Etmil
Community User Level: 3

Post by Etmil » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:49 pm

In a fortnight!

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:26 pm

Tijny wrote:Oh yeah, and I use the arrow keys. It's what they were made for. It's the only damn way.
Ok, I have to admit that I tried driving with 2 hands for the first time ever today (w+s and arrow keys to steer), and it was f*** awesome! :oops:

I'm still not using 100% full throttle though, I just changed my keys, not my driving style. Not sure if I'm faster this way (I'm inclined to say yes, and if not, it's damn close), but I have to say, it's a much more relaxed way to play separating the action between two hands. Getting a nose itch with this setup is a total disastar though.

LegoDino77

Post by LegoDino77 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:28 am

Are these races coming into SlidersTV? And are you searchind people in it? It would be awesome to be one in there, I can be in but do I need a licence for it?

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:41 pm

huh Tijny can sitll go faster? How would that look like

but did you drive with 1 hand?????

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:02 pm

Pingu wrote:huh Tijny can sitll go faster? How would that look like

but did you drive with 1 hand?????
I guess that would maybe look like a slow version of dede! And yes, I drove with one hand before.

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:29 pm

LegoDino77 wrote:Are these races coming into SlidersTV? And are you searchind people in it? It would be awesome to be one in there, I can be in but do I need a licence for it?
What exactly do you want: to be a commentator, or to participate in the league races?
If you want to drive races, you need nothing. Just say that you want to be in and we will add you on the list.
If you want to be one of the commentators on SlidersTV videos, then you need to contact shyguy1001 about it cause he's creating and editing all that.
As I know, he's planning to support new F1 league with those cool videos again.

GR8Arjen

Post by GR8Arjen » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:20 am

Not wanting to jinx this this thing, or be negative... But I think the new car sucks!

It will cause more crashes, is not fun to drive, and will increase the gaps in laptimes, so we have a less compatitive field of drivers.

Why we need a new car anyway? I realy don't understand.

I probably need to resign anyway, cause I have a broken finger, and a broken motivation.

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:07 am

Hmm I think the new car is quite lovely once you get used to it.

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:45 am

GR8Arjen wrote:It will cause more crashes, is not fun to drive, and will increase the gaps in laptimes, so we have a less compatitive field of drivers.
I really don't see where you're coming from. It's harder to accidentally beef someone because of longer braking zones, and it's not more difficult to drive - if anything, I found it easier to maintain a steady pace during the race last sunday. As for the fun to drive thing, I know it's subjective but I disagree with that too. I don't know, the old car just wasn't as exciting to drive for me: going fast didn't really feel like going fast, because you didn't have to brake for very long anyway. And in races with fuel, this effect became even more pronounced.

dede

Post by dede » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:51 am

Maybe I'm noob but, I really don't see much difference between the two cars. I never tested F1-Premium and I immediately felt comfortable with it...

Wokinger

Post by Wokinger » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:46 pm

When is 1st race?

dede

Post by dede » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:54 pm

Wokinger wrote:When is 1st race?
Next sunday, tonight (in 3 hours) we'll have the last test race.

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:14 pm

45 mins from now right or is it back to old late time?

Or doesnt go the clock back over there :o?

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:18 pm

Good race, I really had the pace early :D. Eddie pulled of some magical strat lol suddenly he was way in the front. Good that I saw him pitting and I know what he did prob :lol: Was really fun to battle in the beginning with the fast guys. First stint was quite solid:). Then at the end of the second third of the race I suddenly get blocked super hard by Popowitch (orders too) which made me crash in the end. Then lap 30/43... Popo (and Mrtn, but I guess he is new and somehow tried to let me pass but then again it only ended up as blocking all the time so np to him) just blocking as hell not giving way and then I just shove my car to the inside and next corner he pushes me just to overtake me again? Well lol.

Good Race :) Coulda got third but hand where I throttle with really started to hurt in the end. Coudn't keep up anymore and started to make to many mistakes. 5th nevertheless quite good :)

Jan

Post by Jan » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:18 pm

Sorry but my computer crashed there at some point. Hopefully my dead car didn't cause any havoc. :?

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:20 pm

Great track by Etmil. Chicanes look really cool (maybe only a little bit too wide). The only thing I missed there was one straight line where I could use TAB. :) I was pretty surprised by how track is looking. Decision of having some tarmac zones instead of grass was great idea.
Btw, race was pretty fun.

Etmil

Post by Etmil » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:43 pm

Whiplash wrote:Great track by Etmil. Chicanes look really cool (maybe only a little bit too wide). The only thing I missed there was one straight line where I could use TAB. :) I was pretty surprised by how track is looking. Decision of having some tarmac zones instead of grass was great idea.
Btw, race was pretty fun.
Thanks. Yea, tarmac run-offs are pretty good. I guess I made the characteristics of the run-off terrain similar to what light sand has, but so that you could steer back to the track more quickly, while at the same time still losing time for your driving error. Trying to find the balance was tricky, but yeah.. that's how it turned out. The downside is that they take up major image file data so I have to come up with new ideas all the time as to how I could make everything fit into dede's major 2 mb track size limit. One other track has a similar run-off area experiment, yet a little different in how it looks.

Lanz
Community User Level: 4
Community User Level: 4

Post by Lanz » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:50 pm

first off all track was really great even though i crashed 5 times in the last chicane, 4 times due to my mistake! :roll: was really way behind after my 1st stint, 2nd stint didnt felt that good but somehow magical i came out in front of mike after my 2nd stop, with etmil and pingu not far away! instead of just driving safe wich made me gain all that ground i started pushing again, that ended again in some crashes! anyway was nice racing on a nice track, shape and look were great! good job etmil!
the 2 test races made me realize that im still missing the consistency that i once had! just making way to many small mistakes, have to work on that! :?

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:54 pm

Nice race, great track too. Kudos to Emtilo! My 3-stop special worked out perfectly, the highlights being flying past a snailing Mike on two occasions. Maybe I should've saved this strategy for next week though. :P

My key setup held up nicely as well, beyond expectations, driving with two hands was much more relaxing and they didn't start to hurt in the latter half of the race.

Btw, Pingu's ability to learn difficult tracks quickly is major sick!