TurboSliders.com F1 League 2012 Edition

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Scud
Community User Level: 3

Post by Scud » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:17 pm

Championship update comming soon? Not like I cant wait but I would like to see race replay... Seems like it is impossible for me to remember press F4-key when the race starts.
~siLciR <3~

Afinfas

Post by Afinfas » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:28 pm

Scud wrote:Championship update comming soon? Not like I cant wait but I would like to see race replay... Seems like it is impossible for me to remember press F4-key when the race starts.
I also didnt knew how to save replays until someone told me that i can activate it always so i dont have to worry about pressing a key. It simply records all races i make. The replays almost dont occupies hard disc space so you can do that. Check on the options....i dont remember anymore how its called! ;)
"Dont forget to be happy!"

dede
Community User Level: 5

Post by dede » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:36 pm

Whiplash wrote:I already see the problem there. F1 car can't be defaultish that easily. Cause when T make default dimensions of the car image, it shakes for some people (current one also shakes for Shaytun). Even F1 Premium looks really nice, that still can't be treated like some default car. It could work only if Shaun Tsai (TS artist) could make a new one. But, as you know, that shit can't be free.
That's why F1 car and F1 tracks should be still out of package. It's better to have smaller installer anyway.
But you could ask for more statistics and more automatic teams (10 would be perfect). I need it for my Full Team Contact. :wink:
I'm still happy to see that I'm thinking just the opposite of you. Anyway, to be discussed later and separately.

dede

Post by dede » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:25 pm

Videos, standings and race results updated!

Next race will be Sunday 20 January 2013 @ 20:00 CET!

Code: Select all

Race #08 - Sunday 20 January 2013 @ 20:00 CET
Race #09 - Sunday 27 January 2013 @ 20:00 CET
Race #10 - Sunday 03 February 2013 @ 20:00 CET
Race #11 - Sunday 10 February 2013 @ 20:00 CET
Race #12 - Sunday 17 February 2013 @ 20:00 CET
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everybody!

Ciutz

Post by Ciutz » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:32 am

Hellow, I can return to racing?

power79

Post by power79 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:32 pm

How is the Practice Servers ranking updated? It still shows me same ranking I got when I tested few laps with my laptop. I am very slow (~2 sec from top drivers) but I am not 118th! I don't think it even should show me that old ranking because my laptop profile is different from my desktop (same name though).

Afinfas

Post by Afinfas » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:15 pm

power79 wrote:How is the Practice Servers ranking updated? It still shows me same ranking I got when I tested few laps with my laptop. I am very slow (~2 sec from top drivers) but I am not 118th! I don't think it even should show me that old ranking because my laptop profile is different from my desktop (same name though).
Ciutz wrote:Hellow, I can return to racing?
Im not really sure but i think it depends with which player you play. You have a profile set and the records are set to that profile. But i dont have that problem. When i set a better record it updates instantly....dont know sorry, wait for an answer of the most profi guys...they know for sure! ;)

@Ciutz I think its no problem for you to return racing (except if you made sh%$ before and you were banned, which i think its not the case). The only thing is that official races are in a pause and they resume on 20th January at 20:00 CET!
Just show up at that time! ;) Or a bit before to practice a bit...
"Dont forget to be happy!"

dede

Post by dede » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:38 pm

Hello everybody! After a loooong Christmas break we are finally restarting our beloved F1 League. So, start your engineeeeessss!!

8th Race: Sunday 20 January @ 20:00 CET

Etmil

Post by Etmil » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:29 pm

Woop! Let's began! :D

Oompa
Community User Level: 2

Post by Oompa » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:45 pm

Dude, you can't 'began,' you have to begin first! :)

Etmil

Post by Etmil » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:08 am

Oompa wrote:Dude, you can't 'began,' you have to begin first! :)
That was an intentional REIROM-kind-of mis-spell..

Mrtn

Post by Mrtn » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:31 pm

Hi Guys!

Still no FUEL, TYRES & PIT STOPS in the Fairplay F1 Racing server!

Could somebody fix it? Its so boooring to race without strategy.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

dede

Post by dede » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:31 pm

Race starts in 30min. Download link will be available shortly before 20:00 CET..

Download Track

JonnO

Post by JonnO » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:58 pm

F************ FORGOT

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:11 pm

Good Race, Good battles. Some rough battles at the start, coudn't decide if i had to go pass or not because I bumped some others but I got hit in the back. Maybe one rough move on Wokinger but I let him pass.

Some good battle with Mrtn, coudn't overtake him at all. Until he got sleepy in a corner and I took my chance.

After that quite a alone race lol. Happy to catch up to John and Matic in the end. They seemed to have a bit worse tires and I could take advantage.

14th to 5th not to bad... but my quali was pretty patethic.

GG Good race.

Wokinger

Post by Wokinger » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:17 pm

Pingu wrote:Maybe one rough move on Wokinger but I let him pass.
If I think about the same situation, imo it wasn't your fault, just unlucky ts touch.

My race pace was good. No bigger mistake. Only a few grass and one wall due to connection problems.

It could be nice battle with Lanz, dede and Etmil, but with this connection quality I couldn't have enough fun.

I hope next time it will be better!

xzeal

Post by xzeal » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:31 pm

Well quali was 13.th - in front of Pingu which was worth a "lol".

All I remember before the first stop was seeing Mike for a lap or two behind me and gol_v8 blocking aggressively, I did not approve so I nudged him on the grass in the first corner - twice.
Anyway rest of the game was me running away from mrtn and popo - which was hard since they were both a bit faster than me.
Second pit - popo had gotten very close and then I crashed into pit wall. Tried to hurry the pit along and left with 29% fuel which I reckoned would be enough since I will surely get lapped, alas dede was a pathetic slow beef noob.
Mrtn overtook popo and gained ground with every lap. I was quite distracted trying to save fuel so he caught up and passed with out much trouble. Dede MORON decided not to lap popo, TEAM TRAITOR!!!, so I nearly had a heart attack on the last lap when my fuel dropped to 0 before the last corner, luckily made it across the line ahead of popo.
Meh could have probably been 11.th had I taken that extra 1-2% fuel. 12.th is still way above my average though. Also last time I played turbosliders was a month ago (excluding 3 pb games 2 weeks ago), so not too shabby.

Maybe being sober DOES help? Nah, must have been my imagination....

Etmil

Post by Etmil » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:45 pm

Qualifying was good, I got 4th on the grid. Race 1st lap chaotic, although I recovered quite well.. some battling in 1st stint, later on in the race also with lanz.. generally I have to say the track was quite easy, lots of full-throttle parts and not many difficult corners. Well-made though :) Anyway, happy with 3rd place, but I know many people were absent so that's also a reason behind such a good result :) 3 stop strategy worked perfectly and pit-stops were good too :)

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:22 pm

xzeal wrote:Well quali was 13.th - in front of Pingu which was worth a "lol".
Ye what happened at the start with you though :D.

power79

Post by power79 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:23 pm

Not really good race, but I was suprised that there were couple slower drivers than me. I got quite confused about everything and forget to watch my fuel amount after quali so I put the amount that was shown in start list.

I totally missed the start for some reason, but I think in the end I got the place that I deserved(15th), one place gained at last lap, yey.

I tried to race nice but some bumping was unavoidable. Anyway I think I raced fair. Finding place to give way to lapping drivers was quite challenge and I drived off the road couple times for being too nervous.

I would count this as a practice race for me. Hopefully I drive little better next time.

xzeal

Post by xzeal » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:13 pm

Pingu wrote:
xzeal wrote:Well quali was 13.th - in front of Pingu which was worth a "lol".
Ye what happened at the start with you though :D.
I was trying to pour myself some pepsi for the race, but then we started and I multitask failed.

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:17 am

Btw does someone know what is up with the huge fps drops at the start of the race when there are many cars in your screen? I never had this before until this cup...

Might it be something with the TS settings that I dont remember chaning? E.g. video settings?

dede

Post by dede » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:54 pm

Try to change video settings (driver).. Are you using autorecording?

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:24 pm

Yes every race gets recorded. But I never ever changed that option.

I think that is one of the reasons it takes like a minute to start turbosliders..

Lanz
Community User Level: 4
Community User Level: 4

Post by Lanz » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:38 pm

after that long break i thought that maybe i´m a bit rusty but that was not the case! the track was very nice and i felt comfortable on it right from the beginning! still the pole was a surprise even though i was already in the front row this season! race started good was able to stay in front due to less fuel but not able to run away! dede was very close or maybe even in front of me once i pitted the 1st time, thats why i was surprised that he came out just next to me after his 1st stop! maybe he refilled to much cos i was able to fight with him for the whole next stint! i really enjoyed that battle cos its not commonplace to fight with him! then after we pitted both for the 2nd and last time he came out in front of me and i behind emtilo who was on a 3 stopper! i knew that etmil had to pit again so i just cruised to the finish to a nice 2nd place!
somehow i had some connection problems as well! some minor shaking in the beginning of the race! which i thought that its going away but it stayed for some time! all in all it didn´t affected my pace!