It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:28 pm

TurboSliders.com F1 League 2012 Edition

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

Pingu

Community User Level: 5

PostSun Feb 10, 2013 8:14 pm

Dang! What a race! Kinda bad quali but had a good start. Don't know if there were rough moments or not.. kinda mayhem againn.

After that I was fighting with Pablinho for 3rd or so? I overtook him twice on the main straight with DRS and after that I could finally make a gap. First pitstop was pretty good got back behind Etmil.

Was putting on the pressure but then mistake... tires shattered and coudn't get much pace back. Then after 3rd pit was again behind Etmil. I found somve massive pace resulting in the fastest lap of the race (Dede on 1 stopper though I think) and time to hunt Etmil Pablinho Wokinger in that order and maybe who knows Dede..... After I got Etmil after some massive battling I quickly closed the gap to Pablito. Problem was I coudnt overtake him resulting in some dirt racing on my part and after that my pace was gone agian.

Had to settle for 4th in the end.. but 2 to 5 all within 1.5 second or so... Was really a close one and felt I had the pace to win it after Dede had much early race troubles.

GG

Whiplash

PostSun Feb 10, 2013 8:17 pm

Track: not bad.
Race: not bad.

power79

Community User Level: 3

PostSun Feb 10, 2013 8:39 pm

I was really bad on this track. Even slower than before. But someone told after race that i was mental at 1st lap. That is not true. Kooler had similar color to mine and he drived really crazy. ZigZagged in front of everyone. Hope you check replay to make sure that my reputation stays fair. I should not be punished just for having a blue car. :lol: There was maybe couple incidents in race where I could be blamed but nothing too rough.

I really could have used Rookie-Race this time. Half of the race went by trying to give way to faster drivers. I'll drive the last race but next season only if I can get a bit faster.

Track was nice to drive but I guess those corners didn't fit to my driving "style" at all. Pit strategy went quite well for the first time. I think I was left only with 0-1% fuel.

Mike Nike

PostSun Feb 10, 2013 8:44 pm

race was obv. another crazy warpjoke for me.
recapping the 1st lap though, i discovered that me going majorly offroad wasnt just 100% due to warps. Mrtn actually pinballed Alfonso into me, multiplied with the warpfactor = me searching for water in the desert.

0 warpless laps and a decent amount of getting warped out offroad, being almost able to catch szy in the end, was still a nice pleasure :)

laprec in relaxrace with going offroad in last straight at least made me win the postracefastestlapidiotaward, yay xD

like expected, at least 2 curves i couldnt handle so well, else kinda challenging, though i kinda sucked in those lr chicanes..or rl..

Afinfas

PostSun Feb 10, 2013 8:53 pm

Ok review:

Qualified 9th: Not bad considering there was 20 guys!

Race:

Hmmm...started trying not to hit anyone but i saw that this wasnt the concern of some drivers on the pack.
On lap 1 got hit by Martin on the back and this made me go wide and hit Mike that went completely off track. Martin didnt gave way or even showed signs of regretting the move! :(
Next event and this is the one i would like to present an appeal. Lap 6/31 again the usual suspect Martin. He spent almost whole lap forcing the takeover on me constantly hitting me and eventually he passed, in my opinion in a unfair way. Its ok to be faster then other players but, still you have to find a way of passing them. Ask Mike, he does that very patiently! :)

I also have to say Sorry to Martin for my second pit LAP 21/31. I pit and Martin was already there and i break my car but it seems it wasnt early enough to avoid contact. I think he lost 1 or 2 seconds there. Even though it might seem on purpose due to the previous events, it wasnt really! :shock:

Lap 13/31 i was having a nice fight with Mike and sudently he went to grass. I hope it wasnt my fault. I think you just lost control of car!!? Let me know.

In the end had a nice fight with Schymek that simply couldnt handle the pressure i would say! :P He went too wide on straight before finishing line.

I had fun but...these non fair play events turn me down sometimes.

Really, check Mike´s race, he´s a PRO in being fair! A good example! ;)
Last edited by Afinfas on Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Dont forget to be happy!"

Mrtn

PostSun Feb 10, 2013 9:24 pm

Image[/img]

Afinfas

PostSun Feb 10, 2013 9:32 pm

:lol:

Man, i dont know what you want to say with this image but, if you´re trying to say that you wanted to let me pass due to events on the beginning of race then i only have to say that you should have made that right away and not in the end of race!
Also, you didnt really let me pass. You put your car in front of mine. If you wanted me to pass then you should keep your position on the left side, it would have been smooth!

I think you are faster then me in general but, you also should know that you should give way if you make 1 guy (or even 2) go out of track! On the moment, not in the end!

Im not pissed off with you or whatever, its just that this didnt happened only on this race, so as a principle i decided to present the appeal.

I think you´re too much aggressive on trying takeovers. Be fast as you are but, be fair. Even if it takes 2 or 3 laps to pass a slower guy. Ask Mike or John for example. They had to wait 2 or 3 laps to pass me. ;)

PS: Also im reminding you again cause obviously you havent changed yet and, you should understand that it turns someone down if you are hit on first lap and make you loose loads of positions, you loose tires and concentration, not to mention the fun..

Etmil

PostSun Feb 10, 2013 9:42 pm

Uhauhah!

Quali: LOL was good, although I had low fuel (34%) to start with, it was all according to my 2 stop plan. A bit unexpected to be on pole, but there's a first time for everything, I guess..

Race: Was mostly fine, I ran away from others with the free track and almost decent pace. But the guys were still back there, from time to time I could see them. As the race progressed, though, and the pitstops and everything happened.. people were suddenly ahead of me. Obviously the gap I had before wasn't enough, then. Anyway, some nice battling with Pingu. Until then, I had actually hoped to win. But yeah too early to dream about that. Pingu went by.. then at some point I found myself 4th or 5th, after my 2nd pitstop, I think. Then a 3-way battle with Pingu and Pablinho and me. Was very good and enjoyable until Kooler started blocking us and I lost out to these two very competitive guys. Wokinger f*** fast was very surprised to see him 2nd in the end. But 5th for me was good.. but I guess the 5th place in overall championship is lost since Woki was ahead of me by a single point just prior to this race.. :/ Bah, anyway - nice not to see dede hating my tracks anymore :P I still have that street circuit done, though.. (Auvergne).

Mrtn

PostSun Feb 10, 2013 9:45 pm

Sorry Alfons. Sorry Dede. Sorry (your name here).

Really poor race from me and I accept any penalty given.

On lap 1 got hit by Martin on the back and this made me go wide and hit Mike that went completely off track.

But just to give you the perspective how I saw the situation:

Afinfas

PostSun Feb 10, 2013 10:01 pm

Man, its ok i understand. But to that only one thing. You have to adapt your breaking point in relation to whats going on on the track around you.

As i said, you were faster then me and your breaking was better then mine on that lap cause i was simply trying not to hit all the guys in front of me and thats what i think it doesnt really happen with you. You make same breaking points independently of whats happening around you, or?
Correct me if im wrong! ;)

Anyway, its fine man, just try to have this more in mind during races. :)

As i said, watch Mike´s race, he can be a great example of how to race with fair play! :)
Last edited by Afinfas on Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wokinger

PostSun Feb 10, 2013 10:07 pm

Mrtn... I don't care if u beef sb, but when u beef, choose dede :D Then everything gonna be alright! (and I will win (finally)).

dede

PostSun Feb 10, 2013 11:05 pm

Wokinger wrote:Mrtn... I don't care if u beef sb, but when u beef, choose dede :D

lol, lately I'm already good at beefing myself and falling to 10th place in first lap ;)

xzeal

PostSun Feb 10, 2013 11:40 pm

I would like to complain about Mike: there I am trying not to be horrible in the race again and what do I see - Mike drives on the grass - so I overtake. Next thing I know I am thinking "This is like lap 6/8/12 or something how am I ahead of Mike?" and then I lose concentration, make a mistake and end up on the grass. That happened at least 3 times.

Afinfas

PostMon Feb 11, 2013 12:16 am

xzeal wrote:I would like to complain about Mike: there I am trying not to be horrible in the race again and what do I see - Mike drives on the grass - so I overtake. Next thing I know I am thinking "This is like lap 6/8/12 or something how am I ahead of Mike?" and then I lose concentration, make a mistake and end up on the grass. That happened at least 3 times.

AHAHAHAHAH!!!! I know that feeling of getting distracted into some though and when you come back you are inspecting the grass! :lol:

dede

PostMon Feb 11, 2013 6:35 am

xzeal wrote:I would like to complain about Mike: there I am trying not to be horrible in the race again and what do I see - Mike drives on the grass - so I overtake. Next thing I know I am thinking "This is like lap 6/8/12 or something how am I ahead of Mike?" and then I lose concentration, make a mistake and end up on the grass. That happened at least 3 times.

Haha! I had similar troubles: "wtf? Lap 6, Tijny Janne Mike (not the sucky one) Pablinho (not the sucky one) Reirom (yeah the sucky one) not here (actually Reirom yes, but it's just one) and I'm still 6th? Gotta push more, seriously!!!" And then I visited the sand a few times. Then I just though: "oh well, I can just skip a pitstop and win easily. I even had time to stop on he main straight and ban Reirom. Perfect race I'd say.

Mike Nike

PostMon Feb 11, 2013 9:53 am

hehe, sry about that, xzeal^^
and lol, gotta watch dedes race now..

Afinfas wrote:Lap 13/31 i was having a nice fight with Mike and sudently he went to grass. I hope it wasnt my fault. I think you just lost control of car!!? Let me know.

i guess that was in the upper right part, 2nd last curve of the track. i just got randomly warped out there. maybe a random warp or a warp caused due to having 2 cars in the screen or even a collision which needed to be handled. either way, im pretty confident it was not your fault.

i semibeefed dede in the first curve though. probably i should just start from the very behind next time, since my warps cause random damage in 1st lap. dunno..

dede

PostMon Feb 11, 2013 12:18 pm

Mike Nike wrote:i semibeefed dede in the first curve though. probably i should just start from the very behind next time, since my warps cause random damage in 1st lap. dunno..

This issue has been discussed before already:

Wokinger wrote:I don't care if u beef sb, but when u beef, choose dede

You can do better, I still won.

Pingu

PostMon Feb 11, 2013 12:59 pm

So if I read this right and after looking back to the race, Kooler was Reirom? How did you notice this during the race :p.

Etmil this also means that Reirom ruined the battle and not Kooler. Good to know this before seeing him in a puna server :p. I was already so surprised that cooler was playing in a race like this.

Whiplash

PostMon Feb 11, 2013 1:02 pm

dede wrote:
Mike Nike wrote:i semibeefed dede in the first curve though. probably i should just start from the very behind next time, since my warps cause random damage in 1st lap. dunno..

This issue has been discussed before already.

Yeah. I have this too, but only when playing with OpenGL. SDL works nicely. Some optimization is needed there with OpenGL I guess.
Video also getting stuck for about second or less while I'm watching recordings of very first curves of the first lap. This happens only if there is a lot of cars.

Fama

Community User Level: 2

Community User Level: 2

PostMon Feb 11, 2013 1:46 pm

Off Topic: Oh, that's why "Kooler" was playing 3 x 4 on Puna as a goalkeeper, In the team with 4 elements.

dede

PostMon Feb 11, 2013 4:56 pm

Pingu wrote:So if I read this right and after looking back to the race, Kooler was Reirom? How did you notice this during the race :p.

Etmil this also means that Reirom ruined the battle and not Kooler. Good to know this before seeing him in a puna server :p. I was already so surprised that cooler was playing in a race like this.

Actually I did not check his IP yet, I will do it tonight. Anyway his play was inappropriate and deserved a ban, whoever it was. I also made room for myself and other players by pushing him wide, he didn't give way at all and he kept trying to screw things up on purpose. Will tell you later anyway!

Pingu

PostMon Feb 11, 2013 7:33 pm

Oh lol I took it litterly but after seeing his race I started to believe, even more that Reirom used those tricks before :p. I saw I had an accident with Wokinger after I watched the race back.. but I am not sure who's fault. You took the inside but you braked almoust the same time as me. Little touch made you go outside....

Thats btw also a big difference between some of the players.... Some players panic and crash with the slighest of touches while others can react better and don't get thrown of that much.

Wokinger

PostMon Feb 11, 2013 7:44 pm

Pingu wrote:Oh lol I took it litterly but after seeing his race I started to believe, even more that Reirom used those tricks before :p. I saw I had an accident with Wokinger after I watched the race back.. but I am not sure who's fault. You took the inside but you braked almoust the same time as me. Little touch made you go outside....

Touch between 2 cars is one of the most mysterious thing in TS. You never know, how it's end. The best solution is just trying to avoid contact ;)

dede

PostMon Feb 11, 2013 8:32 pm

Wokinger wrote:The best solution is just trying to avoid contact ;)

Depends on what's your goal. Reirom would say that the solution is focusing on the target.

dede

PostMon Feb 11, 2013 9:30 pm

Code: Select all
Connecting from 177.158.118.71.

Will pay more attention in next races. Sorry.

Everything updated!
PreviousNext

Return to Competitions