Puschtras Touring Masters - Infos - Schedule - Subscriptions

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Mike Nike
Community User Level: 5

Post by Mike Nike » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:01 am

poor szymek lol..i watched his race. first stint was a patient test. other people would have already done a rage quit in his position. after lap 9 or so he finally somewhat got some good laps, later making 1 mistake again..but all in all a good catch of hevonen.

also nice seeing alfonso on #3.

checked the replay and @augusto: maybe if you get lapped and drive the ideal line and right behind you the fast guy drives the line as well. dont just lift the gas. maybe just leave the idealline, so the car behind can keep driving his normal line. oh well...

and chatting right after end of race aint be good, like lanz said. actually, i probably had an automute function in my s.admintool back then in this state of the server (raceend or something). maybe we can include a fct like that into official races? unless this would cause even more warps for still racing drivers, of course..

winning an official race, including tijny and dede? light years ago, in case i ever accomplished this. circumstances werent too bad, with a somewhat good personal laprec and testing 1, 2, 3 stopper local at 13th march. back in germany, still using the laptop, placing it on a chair, playing from the bed, didnt really fit so good for my arms actually, laying down on my legs, where the arms lost a lot of energy in short time already, causing me to less good aiming during the race.
also i skipped fuel/damage practice before the race, visiting some familymembers. just +-18 laps fastlap practice before the race, just reaching a crappy 35.05...didnt look too promising.

warmup was kinda okay, even i missed a lap due to trying to fix technical problems.

q1..okay, though i wished i wouldnt have acc. crossed grass in 35.07 lap (woot, ban!)
q2..a low 35 woulda been already place 2, which i didnt realize though, still i felt like i might have a good place already. pole in last lap, including at least 2 somewhat safe curves, still a somewhat crushing 34.80x was certainly a huge bonus for the race. especially with tijny on just 5 (wowowow) and dede just on 8 (wtf!??!?!), feeling like a 1 in a quadrillion opportunity to actually win a race.

race...
still driving pretty relaxed, i drove a pace around 0.1 sec/lap slower than my practice pace. so, the reason i was turtle-ing in front of tijny in stint 1 wasnt because of some kinda pressure or just safe driving, trying to keep in front of tijny. it was just my lack of practice and consequently slow pace (maybe a bit of the weird way i was sitting in front of the laptop as well) which made me look a bit like a lucky turtle in front of the likely fastest car in the field.

after augusto dbl blocked me in stint 2 i tried to find out how much time i lost due to that and while being distracted i made a mistake which cost me another 0.7x sec -.-
tried to find out how much time i lost due to the mistake and already loled about myself in case i make a mistake due to that again. luckily i could stop being mad at augusto at that point and continue, hoping tijny wont catch me so soon and would "out-pit" me and pwn me with his pace in 3rd stint, being able to block my then faster car.

in the end i was around 4.5sec under my practice pace, which was still somewhat solid, but probably wouldnt have been enough with t/d having a "normal" day. anyway, i take it! :P, but it's still far away from the feeling would be to win in one of those f1 races, t/d ridiculously crush bigtime, where also Janne, lanz, pab and silcir were able to seriously kick my a**.

after 3 months with the laptop, trying my normal pc, it felt like: "wtf, was this flatscreen always so big or did someone put a different one there?!?".
anyway, even there were quite a bunch of warps in f1sl, i got lucky in the ptm races, continueing a nice row with another 1st place to: f1sl #1 (pole), ptm #2 (4th grid), f1sl #1 (3rd), ptm #1 (pole).

i still wonder about dede though, since these cars kinda remind me to the old toca season, i think from tsmalta back then, right? or was it mouse/jazzy and motogp was from tsm? either way, dede could handle the toca car kinda well, that was the first season where i felt pwned due to my fuelconsumption disadvantage..

dede

Post by dede » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:33 am

Mike Nike wrote:i still wonder about dede though, since these cars kinda remind me to the old toca season, i think from tsmalta back then, right? or was it mouse/jazzy and motogp was from tsm? either way, dede could handle the toca car kinda well, that was the first season where i felt pwned due to my fuelconsumption disadvantage..
It's all about training. Tracks are easy, very easy, that means that you need to drive constantly near the record. If you lose 0.25x/lap because of slowness and then other 0.5xx/3laps because of mistakes, there you have your 10s gap from leader.

Unluckily I had no time to practice till now, I hope to find some time for next races.

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:56 pm

dede wrote:It's all about training. Tracks are easy, very easy, that means that you need to drive constantly near the record. If you lose 0.25x/lap because of slowness and then other 0.5xx/3laps because of mistakes, there you have your 10s gap from leader.
What's your point, that you get gapped more quickly on very easy tracks? HEU

About my race, I had a relatively good start from 5th, caught up to Mike very quickly but got a bit stuck behind him, also because I was driving a bit too fair for me to overtake him. After our pitstops he was suddenly way ahead, and from that point forward I started making more and more mistakes as the race progressed, even going offroad on straights on more than one occasion. The race shouldn't have been 5 laps longer, or Alfonso would've caught me. Well, at least there were two Mercedes mates on the podium with me! Seems unstopped team!

Race videos can be downloaded from here.

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:16 pm

Wooo, I like Mike's posts (dissertations).
dede - total bad excuse. :P

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:35 pm

Its a good point though, if a track is easier, it is more easy to master it so the differences around the top are smaller

dede

Post by dede » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:43 pm

My point is that harder tracks require less perfect laps, so it's easier for skilled players to emerge. Basically they could drive fast without pushing to the limit. In easy tracks, instead, people need to drive very close to the grass in order to gain that 0.5 that makes the difference, so it's also easier to make mistakes. Also, the required amount of wanking for average players is much bigger if tracks are hard, so on easy tracks it's likely to find myself out of Q1 if I come without wanking.

Stylus
Community User Level: 1
Community User Level: 1

Post by Stylus » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:15 pm

How much laps will the next race be?

Wokinger
Community User Level: 3

Post by Wokinger » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:21 pm

dede wrote:My point is that harder tracks require less perfect laps, so it's easier for skilled players to emerge. Basically they could drive fast without pushing to the limit. In easy tracks, instead, people need to drive very close to the grass in order to gain that 0.5 that makes the difference, so it's also easier to make mistakes. Also, the required amount of wanking for average players is much bigger if tracks are hard, so on easy tracks it's likely to find myself out of Q1 if I come without wanking.
But eddie quali laptime suggest that it wasn't easy track (almost 1s slower than rec)

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:36 pm

Wokinger wrote:
dede wrote:My point is that harder tracks require less perfect laps, so it's easier for skilled players to emerge. Basically they could drive fast without pushing to the limit. In easy tracks, instead, people need to drive very close to the grass in order to gain that 0.5 that makes the difference, so it's also easier to make mistakes. Also, the required amount of wanking for average players is much bigger if tracks are hard, so on easy tracks it's likely to find myself out of Q1 if I come without wanking.
But eddie quali laptime suggest that it wasn't easy track (almost 1s slower than rec)
Also the number of mistakes I made near the end of my race backs up that statement: about 26 per lap, two in every corner and one on every straight. And it wasn't because I was pushing too hard!

Just did my first 20 practice laps on next Sunday's track. For anyone who's interested, my best lap was 38.308. Quite good I guess, but improvable.

TRACK SEEMS TOTES TOO THIN.. CANT OVERTAKE.. PATETIC

Lanz
Community User Level: 4

Post by Lanz » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:50 pm

Stylus wrote:How much laps will the next race be?
37 or 38, still need to check that! but you can check that on tournaments page soon!

dede

Post by dede » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:32 am

Wokinger wrote: But eddie quali laptime suggest that it wasn't easy track (almost 1s slower than rec)
We all know that Eddie isn't as fast as Tijny.

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:08 am

about that being faster or slower on easy or hard track discussion! from my point of view a track is never really hard if you know it! sure it's totally hard to drive it on the edge to get even a bit closer to Eddie's or dede's laprec! but on the other side it's a lot easier to drive constant which is imo more important then just pure speed! like dede said, on unreleased tracks very skilled people don't need to push totally to the limit to win the race, that means less mistakes and more constant laptimes! compared to released ones even very skilled people need to push harder, otherwise people from the midfield can challenge them! sure if top players would wank the gap would stay the same! so perhaps the truth lays in the middle! :roll:

power79

Post by power79 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:24 pm

I think if you would like to reduce the relative gap between good and average players (1)the cars should be a bit slower. Top drivers can handle the high speed much better(breaking/driving lines/mistakes). Also it doesn't help that (2)fastest drivers get extra qualify round before race. (3)Wider(+maybe longer) tracks could reduce traffic for middle and bottom pack at least in beginning of race + would be easier to give way when getting lapped + more chances for overtakes.

But I guess thats not a big problem because there are only me+few others that get lapped in every race. Rest seems pretty competetive unless they make a lot of mistakes.

BTW, i dont know if this is good idea but setting everyones race startfuel to 50-60% could bring more value to pit tactics, without the F1 hassle where everyone has to set/caluculate their own startfuel for qualify.
Last edited by power79 on Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dede

Post by dede » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:26 pm

Lanz wrote:sure if top players would wank the gap would stay the same!
True if we talk about race gap. With wanking, though, pole position is a little more random. Just check what happened in race #1, with myself on pole position even though I had 0.3s slower record than Tijny.

Anyway, I'm not criticizing released tracks. I actually like this better than F1 League, because it's possible to train and plan/test strategies. Of course, if you got the time for it. ;)

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:42 pm

Instead of racing twice at Hockenheim this track will close the first PTM Season!

Nürburgring-Sprint

Download the Test Version here.

Test Session today 21:00CET!
Last edited by Lanz on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:42 pm

dede wrote:True if we talk about race gap. With wanking, though, pole position is a little more random. Just check what happened in race #1, with myself on pole position even though I had 0.3s slower record than Tijny.
yep it's not so easy to put all together in 2 qualis!
dede wrote:Anyway, I'm not criticizing released tracks. I actually like this better than F1 League, because it's possible to train and plan/test strategies. Of course, if you got the time for it. ;)
thx! :o this should be something different that the F1 League and i also think it's not so bad! maybe we could work even more with teams in this season! even if BMW and Audi suck compared to Mercedes! but there is actually no team racing in TS and i remember how nice it was back then!

power wrote:I think if you would like to reduce the relative gap between good and average players (1)the cars should be a bit slower. Top drivers can handle the high speed much better(breaking/driving lines/mistakes). Also it doesn't help that (2)fastest drivers get extra qualify round before race. (3)Wider(+maybe longer) tracks could reduce traffic for middle and bottom pack at least in beginning of race + would be easier to give way when getting lapped + more chances for overtakes.

But I guess thats not a big problem because there are only me+few others that get lapped in every race. Rest seems pretty competetive unless they make a lot of mistakes.

BTW, i dont know if this is good idea but setting everyones race startfuel to 50-60% could bring more value to pit tactics, without the F1 hassle where everyone has to set/caluculate their own startfuel for qualify.
i will consider all those things you mention for future discussions but since the season already started it's hard to change things! actually impossible! but i had the plan to open a thread before we start the next season to discuss exactly such things! like i always said i'm open to everything, at least if it's not total stupit! :lol:

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:45 pm

Spielberg

Warm up: 8 laps
Q1 and Q2: 5 laps
Race: 38 laps

Teams:

Audi
dede
Pingu
(xzeal)
Mouse
Augusto
liambaker
Popo

BMW
Lanz
Matic
Pablinho
Simmser
power
Shyguy
arsen

Mercedes
Szymek
Wokinger
Hevonen
Afinfas
Tijny
Mike
Mrtn
Stylus

since Etmil left the cup there are still 2 spots free if some of you still want to join this competition! 1 at Audi and BMW! also possible to recruit players to strenghten your team up!

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:28 pm

Lanz wrote:
dede wrote:True if we talk about race gap. With wanking, though, pole position is a little more random. Just check what happened in race #1, with myself on pole position even though I had 0.3s slower record than Tijny.
That can be solved by longer quali - 10 laps. :P

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:41 pm

Whiplash wrote:
Lanz wrote:
When the going gets tough, the tough get going :lol:

Wokinger

Post by Wokinger » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:37 pm

Lanz wrote:
Whiplash wrote:
Lanz wrote: yep it's not so easy to put all together in 2 qualis!
When the going gets tough, the tough get going :lol:
Reduce number of laps. 4 or 3 is enough.

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:51 am

Mercedes in other pheres

After the first quarter of the first ever Puschtras Touring Masters one thing is clear, Mercedes is the Team to beat, scoring almost trice as much points as their opponents! Expressed in pay: a 70 points lead already after race #2, 2 Race Wins, 2 Fastest Laps and 1 Pole Position! Only Audi driver dede was able to steal 1 Pole Position away from them preventing a total domination of the Team with the star on the hood! Also dede was the only driver not in a Mercedes on the podium! So at the moment it's looking like Audi and BMW are far away from challenging Mercedes! The interesting fight will take place behind the first spot, at least if it's going on like this! They need to strenghten their Team's up!
From driver's view the Championship is way more exciting, Mike and Eddie both with the same amount of points! Scoring a win and a 2nd place! On 3rd place dede, 18 points behind, scoring a 3rd and a 5th place! 1 point behind Lanz, ending 2 times on 4th position! On 5th place Alfonso who reached the last step of the podium in Brands Hatch!.....
But also here a clear direction is visible, from the 12 guys who scored points seven are sitting in a Mercedes, three in a Audi and only two in a BMW!

Afinfas

Post by Afinfas » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:34 pm

Unfortunately i cant participate on next sunday race otherwise i would be aiming to the win! :(
But for what i understood, one race is taken away from the end championship standings so hopefully i can compensate next week!
Good luck to you guys....specially the ones from Mercedes even if we dont need luck only skill! :lol:
"Dont forget to be happy!"

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:39 pm

Afinfas wrote:But for what i understood, one race is taken away from the end championship standings so hopefully i can compensate next week!
yep you understood that right! only best 7 results out of 8 count for final standings! this is included exactly for such situations!

dede

Post by dede » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:36 pm

Lanz wrote:yep you understood that right! only best 7 results out of 8 count for final standings! this is included exactly for such situations!
WTF*****?? I already screwed up two races!!

Wokinger

Post by Wokinger » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:03 pm

dede wrote:
Lanz wrote:yep you understood that right! only best 7 results out of 8 count for final standings! this is included exactly for such situations!
WTF*****?? I already screwed up two races!!
TROLOLO, DEDE TO ZŁO :D