Puschtras Touring Masters - Infos - Schedule - Subscriptions

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Lanz
Community User Level: 4

Post by Lanz » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:26 pm

Tijny wrote:Just a heads up, the race times as they are announced on the home page are probably wrong since we'll be switching to summer time (why is it still freezing here?) this weekend. It should be 18:00 GMT, 20:00 CEST.
had to check this! thx for saying! didn't knew that summertime here is GMT+2! i will fix it on the main page!

Afinfas
Community User Level: 3

Post by Afinfas » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:38 pm

Lanz wrote:
sadly my win7 experiment failed badly, had to reset all back to my nostalgic xp from 2002! so i made no progress at Nürburgring cos i wanted to test a new way of avoiding cuts! that would be totally nice to test before we use it in an official race! maybe i can do it till sunday!
Im a proud user of Win XP still! :D Dont change it for nothing!!! ;)

Yeah Lanz...try to do it till Sunday and we make a test on the normal racing time! Im in!

EDIT: For whjo wants some AI lines for next race...here it goes:

http://afonsoribeiro.DE/UPLOADserver/PT ... rt.lap.new

Best lap is a 37.419s
"Dont forget to be happy!"

Afinfas

Post by Afinfas » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:11 pm

Ok, im really getting mad with this issue of not being able to host!!! :evil: I had some guys joining my server but we cant race cause their car just stands on grid stopped and mine is stopped on grid on their screen!!! I explained this already...

So, i tried to figure out whats the prob. I made my both laptops with windows on and tried to host and join via internet (same IP though). It worked with no troubles except a bit of lagg in one of the cars. Then i tried LAN and also worked. But it seems not to work when others try to join.

I went to network settings on the game and these are the ports assigned, 6655 & 6654:

As i told you before i have them opened on my firewall & Router

But when i entered again on Network Game and then go to recent servers, i see the IP i was using with the port in front specified, and it seems the game sets another port then the ones from the settings. This might be my problem.
See it on the pic please:

Is there any way of making the game use the ports specified on settings!!? Well, seems a stupid question but... apparently my game uses another port when i set a server and this might be the issue.

I might try to open the port he seems to be using but...then i need someone to test it cause obviously it only happens with a different IP connecting to my server!

If anyone feels giving some help i would appreciate it! It would be my intention to host some practice sessions with more players just for fun and like this ruins everything! :(

Sorry for the big post!!! Im just so tired of this unsolved issue...

power79

Post by power79 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:50 am

Afinfas wrote:Ok, im really getting mad with this issue of not being able to host!!! :evil: I had some guys joining my server but we cant race cause their car just stands on grid stopped and mine is stopped on grid on their screen!!! I explained this already...

But when i entered again on Network Game and then go to recent servers, i see the IP i was using with the port in front specified, and it seems the game sets another port then the ones from the settings. This might be my problem.
See it on the pic please:

Is there any way of making the game use the ports specified on settings!!? Well, seems a stupid question but... apparently my game uses another port when i set a server and this might be the issue.

I might try to open the port he seems to be using but...then i need someone to test it cause obviously it only happens with a different IP connecting to my server!
Im not expert but according to TS Manual if clients can join server but cars don't move it is UDP connection problem.
TS Manual wrote: If a client can't connect a server, client TCP messages do not reach the server.
If a client can connect a server and send messages, but during game, other cars don't seem to move, the client does not get UDP packets from the server. "Disconnected?" text should be visible.
If a client can connect a server and send messages, but during game, the client's own car is not moving (or just makes very small movements), the client's UDP messages do not reach the server. Race ping and and Serv diff are permanently "???" (visible when F10 pressed).
So TCP seems to work but UDP packets don't get through for some reason. If your ports would be blocked by firewall/router then even TCP packets wouldn't probably get through and no one could even join your server.
I have two of those ips in my recent server list (82.192... & 141.138...) so those are not yours i presume? If that 84.193.21.197 ip is yours it doesn't seem to show any port so is that pic correct or am I misunderstanding something?

But what I would do is try to make sure that ports that you have opened let both TCP and UDP packets through not just TCP as it seems at the moment.

Mike Nike
Community User Level: 5

Post by Mike Nike » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:32 am

hmm..i checked my forwarding... 6644 to 6666, 192.168.1.5 (my pc in the house)
my autoserver folder client port 6644, serverport 6645; autoserver2 folder 6646 and 6647, with these settings it worked the last time i had these autoservers running.

i assume you can open a server at ngsp, so its not your pc's ip, which is probably wrong in the port forwarding?

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:19 pm

ok updated all the things to the correct times!
just that you all know! CET is now GMT+2!

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:39 pm

Lanz wrote:ok updated all the things to the correct times!
Nej!!!

Read my earlier post and particularly the parts I bolded.

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:01 pm

Tijny wrote:
Lanz wrote:ok updated all the things to the correct times!
Nej!!!

Read my earlier post and particularly the parts I bolded.
Yeah yeah! CEST for summer time!

Afinfas

Post by Afinfas » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:37 pm

Mike Nike wrote:hmm..i checked my forwarding... 6644 to 6666, 192.168.1.5 (my pc in the house)
my autoserver folder client port 6644, serverport 6645; autoserver2 folder 6646 and 6647, with these settings it worked the last time i had these autoservers running.

i assume you can open a server at ngsp, so its not your pc's ip, which is probably wrong in the port forwarding?
power79 wrote: So TCP seems to work but UDP packets don't get through for some reason. If your ports would be blocked by firewall/router then even TCP packets wouldn't probably get through and no one could even join your server.
I have two of those ips in my recent server list (82.192... & 141.138...) so those are not yours i presume? If that 84.193.21.197 ip is yours it doesn't seem to show any port so is that pic correct or am I misunderstanding something?

But what I would do is try to make sure that ports that you have opened let both TCP and UDP packets through not just TCP as it seems at the moment.
Thanks for answers guys... i double/triple checked my router port forwarding and everything seems to be well set. My local IP is 192.168.1.24 and thats whats definied on router as well. I just increased now the zone exactly how you set your Mike. 6644 till 6666 (The devils number :twisted: ). Needs testing now. If it doesnt work...i dont know what more to do.
And yes...i can host on NSGP for sure but i had to open ports as well, so i know the drill but here is "driving" me mad!!

EDIT: Ok, i just tested it with REIROM (yes him :) ) and it didnt worked! Same old $hit! Dont know what to do anymore!!!

liambaker

Post by liambaker » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:03 am

how come the rules say no blocking or stealing speed then how come someone was doing it to me cant remember who ill tell u next race as colour can be remebered haha yeh i had to force my way past by going another lap on old tyres

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:51 pm

liambaker wrote:how come the rules say no blocking or stealing speed then how come someone was doing it to me cant remember who ill tell u next race as colour can be remebered haha yeh i had to force my way past by going another lap on old tyres
i'm not sure what you try to say here but if you feel someone else treated you bad on the track you can complain about that person within 24 hours after the race by making a post in this topic or by a private message in my direction! don't ask from me to watch the race from everyone's perspective! that's to much time consuming!

Afinfas

Post by Afinfas » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:14 am

liambaker wrote:how come the rules say no blocking or stealing speed then how come someone was doing it to me cant remember who ill tell u next race as colour can be remebered haha yeh i had to force my way past by going another lap on old tyres
Yeah you have 24 hours to present an appeal against someone BUT...i think first you should take care of how you driving yourself! :lol:

On last couple of races there have been quite some complains against you cause you dont give way to drivers lapping you! Its very important that you do that...we almost can say that on last race you damaged the win to Mike cause you havent let him pass and he even went to grass losing LOADS of time! Please try try to have more attention next times! Dont fight for position with drivers lapping you..as simple as that! :)

I know its hard to see which cars are which but...cmon at least Dede, Mike and Lanz...they are quite easy to see so just let them go...oh by the way...also Alfonso, a green one! :lol:

EDIT: My problems persists...after changing loads of stuff to try solving it! Re-installing it, opening more ports on router, disabling antivirus while running game....IM OUT OF SOLUTIONS!!! :(

Only missing trying on my other computer.... :(

EDIT: Image

Sorry for keep mentioning this issue but...i hate when i cant solve such a ridiculous thing that it looks to have such a simple solution!!!
Like todayy i spend 4 hours trying to figur out why i couldnt IM on Skype. I reached the conclusion that i needed to install the latest Internet Explorer version!!!! :shock: What has IE to do with Skype!!!????
Computers...love them but...hate them so badly sometimes!!!! :evil:

power79

Post by power79 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:24 am

Maybe you can try to change Protokoll --> Alle? Don't know if that changes anything but you should try every solution.

Also there are lot of topics about server problems in this forum, you should search and read them. There might be some solutions you haven't tried yet.

Have you checked you firewall settings?

Mike Nike

Post by Mike Nike » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:39 am

so, what are you trying to do in the end? just hosting a server at your pc with you as host? you said it worked, but other cars see you stand still at start and the other side around..
i dont know if the trick would help to install an autoserver, you joining at a 2nd running sliders.exe and using admin commands. or just using a serveradmintool. i can imagine cars will still have the same problem at your server then. i dont remember if i ever had a solution for that. i can try testing with you today late evening or so, but i doubt it helps.
could there something in sliders.ini being wrong? doubt it also..4h of testing im afraid you tried everything already with network stuff.
by the way..with a little luck (10-20%) i visit berlin for +-2 weeks in 2 weeks. haha, could visit you the ts evenings with my laptop :P...concentration might drop in races, but the fun increases :)

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:58 pm

Nürburgring

Ok, as i mentioned before i made some changes to the track! Track had about 60 files i reduced it to the max possible creating a nice Tile set! But most important thing, i tried to avoid that annoying cutting discussion in future by putting a slowdown surface in possible cut areas! If i works as planned it will only be added in really cuttable areas! I'm not really a fan of super slowdown tarmac but neither of cutting, it's still time to find the right middle! Download the Track here! I think a Test Session will be hosted in following days, if i find some time! Let me hear what you guys think of it!
Last edited by Lanz on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Afinfas

Post by Afinfas » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:04 pm

Mike Nike wrote:so, what are you trying to do in the end? just hosting a server at your pc with you as host? you said it worked, but other cars see you stand still at start and the other side around..
i dont know if the trick would help to install an autoserver, you joining at a 2nd running sliders.exe and using admin commands. or just using a serveradmintool. i can imagine cars will still have the same problem at your server then. i dont remember if i ever had a solution for that. i can try testing with you today late evening or so, but i doubt it helps.
could there something in sliders.ini being wrong? doubt it also..4h of testing im afraid you tried everything already with network stuff.
by the way..with a little luck (10-20%) i visit berlin for +-2 weeks in 2 weeks. haha, could visit you the ts evenings with my laptop :P...concentration might drop in races, but the fun increases :)
power79 wrote:Maybe you can try to change Protokoll --> Alle? Don't know if that changes anything but you should try every solution.

Also there are lot of topics about server problems in this forum, you should search and read them. There might be some solutions you haven't tried yet.

Have you checked you firewall settings?
@Power79 (My birth year as well :D ) Yeah i´ve been reading them for quite some time! Making BOTH protocols its what i had from the beginning on and wasnt working so i decided to try it individually.

@MikeLasVegas Oh yeah, you´re welcome to show up but expect me to distract you while racing! :lol:
Computers and their stupid problems......im at the moment so tired of them that i need a break. Will continue the search for the solution soon.

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:17 pm

Lanz wrote:Ok, as i mentioned before i made some changes to the track! Track had about 60 files i reduced it to the max possible creating a nice Tile set! But most important thing, i tried to avoid that annoying cutting discussion in future by putting a slowdown surface in possible cut areas! If i works as planned it will only be added in really cuttable areas! I'm not really a fan of super slowdown tarmac but neither of cutting, it's still time to find the right middle! Download the Track here! I think a Test Session will be hosted in following days, if i find some time! Let me hear what you guys think of it!
Broken track! I think the u-umlaut character may be bugging it up or something.

Edit: changed the file names and now it works.

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:43 pm

Tijny wrote:
Lanz wrote:Ok, as i mentioned before i made some changes to the track! Track had about 60 files i reduced it to the max possible creating a nice Tile set! But most important thing, i tried to avoid that annoying cutting discussion in future by putting a slowdown surface in possible cut areas! If i works as planned it will only be added in really cuttable areas! I'm not really a fan of super slowdown tarmac but neither of cutting, it's still time to find the right middle! Download the Track here! I think a Test Session will be hosted in following days, if i find some time! Let me hear what you guys think of it!
Broken track! I think the u-umlaut character may be bugging it up or something.

Edit: changed the file names and now it works.

wtf! TS bug or what? but there are other tracks with such letters like Bödn! :wink:

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:49 pm

Ok whatever, then it's the Nuerburgring!

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:18 pm

Zandvoort

Warm up: 8 laps
Q1 and Q2: 5 laps
Race: 31 laps

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:59 pm

1 hour to the 4th Race of the first Puschtras Touring Masters!
do we see the 4th different Winner in the 4th Race??? well see it soon! Join in Time so i can watch the Moto Gp Race later! :wink:

Stylus
Community User Level: 1
Community User Level: 1

Post by Stylus » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:30 pm

I can't join server anymore?

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:03 pm

i'm not happy at all with my performance! a race to forget! looking forward to the Show Event! Mrtn made me so mad that i even tried to shoot him out, thank god i failed with that, still we both crashed in the wall once! Thinking of giving us both a penalty!
Also 2 Teammates let me down again! pffffffffffff

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:16 pm

A pretty uneventful race for me, I led from start to finish apart from when I was held up by some purple lapped beef. dede overtook me because of that but quickly let me pass again, kudos to his fair play. After that, I felt I got more comfortable as the car got faster and dede started making mistakes, so I was able to retain my lead much more easily than expected.

Oh yeah, and popobitch wouldn't be popobitch if he hadn't parked his car right on the driving line in a chicane, causing me and dede to crash into him - not much harm done there though.

Afinfas

Post by Afinfas » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:22 pm

REVIEW

Learned how to enjoy the track and was quite confident to point to a possible podium!
Q1 went quite ok but had to make a safe last lap which gave me 37.5xx. 2nd best time!
Q2 i messed up.... couldnt do a good lap and that made me get 7th place! It should have been the other way around!!!! :lol:

Goals redefined after all this. Now it wasnt a podium but...STAY AHEAD of Lanz cause my championship goal is exactly that one. Im currently on 5th and he on 4th AND...in front of us we only have:

THE UNTOUCHABLES!!!

Eddie 8)
Dede 8)
Mike 8)

4th place is the aim.

I dont like this system where we make Warmup, Q1 and Q2 with no fuel and then race starts with car completely loaded/heavy. Its completely different approaches to the turns and that makes it hard to start a good pace from the beginning on. Car behaves so different.... :(
So i had strange start loosing i think 1 position. Eventually i got my pace and started a steady race with minor mistakes except one time where i went to wide and visited the Grass.
Managed to pass Power79 or Stylus im not sure, on the pit. He couldnt stop in time on pit and lost quite some time!
After that i ended up by catching my goal...Lanz got traped on traffic (i dont know if a lapped driver..dont think so) and i took the chance to pass him cause he left a door open! :D Goal achieved so now i only had to keep it steady till the end.
Dropped a good pace till the end and almost got the fastest lap. Something like 0.130s difference i think.

Conclusions

I will not at all be able to fight for a podium in the end of championship so objectives were redefined to 4th place! ;)

Mercedes looks to have the title guaranteed! :)

OFFTOPIC: Great MotoGp race!! Rossi back to his best! We have a championship this year!! :D
Last edited by Afinfas on Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.