Puschtras Touring Masters - Infos - Schedule - Subscriptions

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Lanz
Community User Level: 4

Post by Lanz » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:41 pm

Thanks :lol: to Eddie you can get the race replay from Zandvoort here.

I changed the Show Event! Cutting around should not work anymore! Download it here.

I think some people still didn't understand how it works, so expect a post with more clearer rules soon!

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:42 pm

PTM - Show Event - Infos

Please read the following text careful!
Since there is not everything clear about this Event i decided to explain it once more but this time more precise:

Quali:
-ghost on
-fuel off - damage off
-12 laps
The quali is an important part of this Event because it set's the order for the following K.O. phase! Try to finish 1 Lap as fast as possible in order to get a "weaker" opponent! Fastest Driver in Quali vs Slowest Driver in Quali - 2nd Fastest Driver in Quali vs 2nd Slowest Driver in Quali - etc........

Drawings:
After the Quali every Player get assigned a number! From Slowest to Fastest in ascending sequence! This mean Fastest Driver get's number 1 - 2nd Fastest number 2 - etc.....
In Order to avoid that Fastest Drivers meet eachother already in round 2 we split up Drivers between 2 strings!
Server 1:
Driver1
Driver16

Driver5
Driver12

Driver10
Driver7

Driver14
Driver3

Server 2:
Driver4
Driver13

Driver8
Driver9

Driver11
Driver6

Driver15
Driver2

This means Driver 1 and 2 can only meet each other in the Final! This system of course works with more people as well! This is just an example! To speed things up we use 2 Servers! I assume that dede takes responsibility over Server 1 and Eddie over Server2! After the Quali i will post the Schedule in this topic! Server Admins and Players can come here to check against who they have to play and how the other pairs look like! And more important what server they have to join! I assume that it will take a few minutes for me to set up the schedule! So bring some patience to this Event, don't expect that it runs as smooth as a normal race!

K.O. System:
-ghost off
-fuel off - damage off
-2 Laps
-best of 3 - first Driver with 2 wins rises to the next round!
-startposition get's switched after every heat
Heat1:
Driver1
Driver16
Heat2:
Driver1
Driver16
Heat3:
Driver1
Driver16
-Lucky Looser rule takes place if the number of participants of the 2 Strings can't divided by four! For example 5 - 6 - 7! This means Fastest "Looser" of each String has the possibility to advance to the next round! Server Admins need to check the Race Total Times of each Heat in order to find out who leads in the Lucky Looser list!
-small Final is driven to find out who get's the last spot on the podium!
-remaining points spots from 4-8 will be assigned to those who reached quarter finals! again fastest lap sets the order here! same to last 2 points spots!
-remember this is a full points Event!

Behaviour:
Since this is a new Event with a system that has never been tested it can take some more time then a normal Race Evening! Bring some patience! Don't cry around because of the waiting! Don't go away from keyboard! After 1 minute of waiting afk Player looses 1 Heat! 1 minute more and he lost whole duel! Let's have some FUN and make this a success!

I hope it's all clear now! After this post i totes deserve a well chilled :lol: Forst!

Pingu
Community User Level: 5

Post by Pingu » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:36 pm

really nice update on the track, now only if i had time to practice for real =[

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:15 am

A little critique regarding the track design, I have found that it's WAY faster to start on the inside because starting speed isn't as important there - I could drive a first lap of 40.4 starting on the inside but pretty much maxed out at 41.1 starting from the outside. I think that difference is much too significant to not be a problem. How do you decide who has the beneficial starting position in a deciding heat? Should the inside starting position be put further back? Seems problematic!

Afinfas
Community User Level: 3

Post by Afinfas » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:19 am

Tijny wrote:A little critique regarding the track design, I have found that it's WAY faster to start the first lap on the inside because starting speed isn't as important there - I could drive 40.4 starting on the inside but pretty much maxed out at 41.1 starting from the outside. I think that difference is much too significant to not be a problem. How do you decide who has the beneficial starting position in a deciding heat? Should the inside starting position be put further back? Seems problematic!

Ohoh.... "Houston we got a problem!!" :D

Thats a fact...hmmm....maybe slower driver starts inside? To give some sort of fairness?
"Dont forget to be happy!"

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:02 pm

Tijny wrote:A little critique regarding the track design, I have found that it's WAY faster to start on the inside because starting speed isn't as important there - I could drive a first lap of 40.4 starting on the inside but pretty much maxed out at 41.1 starting from the outside. I think that difference is much too significant to not be a problem. How do you decide who has the beneficial starting position in a deciding heat? Should the inside starting position be put further back? Seems problematic!

mh, seems indeed a problem! good that you said that today and not after the Event! :wink: how much i have to put back startpos to compensate that 0.7 sec?

EDIT: is it right that car doesn't have to cross control point 1 to make the lap count?

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:49 pm

seems to work without crossing 1st control point! i changed starpositions, it's just a test and i can change it again, it's now 140px difference! Download it here.

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:51 pm

Lanz wrote:seems to work without crossing 1st control point! i changed starpositions, it's just a test and i can change it again, it's now 140px difference! Download it here.

Just did a few testing laps and this seems good enough. At least I couldn't really tell which side was faster, and I'm usually pretty good at estimating how good a lap is. :P

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:54 pm

Lol Tijny, I wanted to post this 2 days ago, with an example on a track that starts with a sharp corner and one where you started on the straight.

But before I was going to post I tested it myself and 3 times I drove very close laptimes so somehow I decided it was not a factor. But I guess it is :P

Btw what if we have more than 16 players? 4 will not qualify?

And what if we have fewer.. and have 15 players who gets a bye? the #1 quali time?

Afinfas

Post by Afinfas » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:51 pm

Lanz wrote:seems to work without crossing 1st control point! i changed starpositions, it's just a test and i can change it again, it's now 140px difference! Download it here.

I cant download it. It says: "Invalid or Deleted File"

Can you please upload it again or check whats up? :)

About the 15 players....or any odd number, i would say that faster guy advances directly to the next round!

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:35 pm

Pingu wrote:Btw what if we have more than 16 players? 4 will not qualify?

And what if we have fewer.. and have 15 players who gets a bye? the #1 quali time?

nobody get's a bye after quali! for that the Lucky Looser rule is included! everybody that joins drives at least 1 duel! if the number of participants is odd 1 player get's a wildcard and advances to the next round without driving!
after round 1 missed spots get filled up using the Lucky Looser rule, depends on how many join even more people can be the "Lucky Loosers"!

Afinfas wrote:I cant download it. It says: "Invalid or Deleted File"

I putted that link down! But you can get the (keep fingers crossed) final version here. Quali version here.

Sorry for the problems with the Track, thx to Tijny for pointing that out!

Afinfas

Post by Afinfas » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:39 pm

Lanz wrote:
I putted that link down! But you can get the (keep fingers crossed) final version here. Quali version here.

Thanks! :) And sorry for my ignorance but...whats the difference between the Q and race version??? :?:

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:05 pm

Afinfas wrote:
Lanz wrote:

Thanks! :) And sorry for my ignorance but...whats the difference between the Q and race version??? :?:

in the race version startpositions from 3-20 are trapped in a box to avoid trouble! so they can't go on track!

Mike Nike

Post by Mike Nike » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:41 pm

so, can you give examples of how drawings for each round are...with 13, 15, 17 players?

example
17: round 1..drive 12 laps.
1st place and winners of 8 duels and 7 lucky loosers (fastest racetotaltimes of 2-3 races) = 16 in next round, from then on 8 duels, 4, 2, 2...and drawings are based on a system so that 1st in quali does meet 2nd place earliest in final, right?

also i prefer the likely more standard drawing..: (in your ex. place 3 and 1 meet to early)
1-16
vs
8-9

vs

5-12
vs
4-13

------

3-14
vs
6-11

vs

7-10
vs
2-15

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:41 pm

Lanz wrote:in the race version startpositions from 3-20 are trapped in a box to avoid trouble! so they can't go on track!

Ok but are we allowed to just join as spectator so you can see the actual race?

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:23 pm

Mike Nike wrote:so, can you give examples of how drawings for each round are...with 13, 15, 17 players?

example
17: round 1..drive 12 laps.
1st place and winners of 8 duels and 7 lucky loosers (fastest racetotaltimes of 2-3 races) = 16 in next round, from then on 8 duels, 4, 2, 2...and drawings are based on a system so that 1st in quali does meet 2nd place earliest in final, right?

also i prefer the likely more standard drawing..: (in your ex. place 3 and 1 meet to early)
1-16
vs
8-9

vs

5-12
vs
4-13

------

3-14
vs
6-11

vs

7-10
vs
2-15

seems you didn't understood how i meant that! 1-3 can only meet in semifinal and not earlier! i'm not sure how we handle things if more then 16 join! if 17 join we probs should just skip that last dude! confusion,confusion..........

Pingu wrote:Ok but are we allowed to just join as spectator so you can see the actual race?

of course!

Mike Nike

Post by Mike Nike » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:47 pm

nah, id say i got that..what i mean is..
if you have just 4,8 players the standard is:
4 (sum =5)
vs
3 (sum =5)
----
8 (sum =9)
4 (sum =9)
6 (sum =9)
2 (sum =9)

thats the standard thingy of "best vs worst", "2nd best vs 2nd worst". we do that in ice hockey playoffs in germany for example.

of course you can also let it play like:
1-5 vs 3-7
vs
2-6 vs 4-8
so the skill difference in the duels is somewhat constant "4" in quarters, and likely "2" in semis (and "8" in 1/8th final)..havent played this system yet, i think. probably could work out nice. else there are maybe 1-2 races in quarterfinals which seem to easy for place 1 (and 2), though in 2 laps everything can happen, actually^^

so...with 17 players we just kick the slowest car out of the cup after quali, i guess?

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:17 pm

Mike Nike wrote:so...with 17 players we just kick the slowest car out of the cup after quali, i guess?

yeah i came to the conclusion that everything else would only confuse people and take way to much time to sort out everything! so id say best soution is that simply the 16 fastest players advance to the k.o. phase! it's not that what i planned but all other things are just to hard to organize all in 1 evening!
so the schedule looks like this!

Mike Nike

Post by Mike Nike » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:46 pm

nice :)
(and not to forget the race for 3rd place, i guess)
other thing..when someone drove in pits in last race, in lap 11/12..lets just call him stylus :P...and he drives accidently too far and misses the pitzone, is he allowed to drive backward (in that case he went bw without a 180 turn) as long as he doesnt get in the lines of other cars? imo thats okay...though in the past i used to drive 1 more lap when accidently missing to pit and bw woulda saved so much time. probably twice in those 1 hour races with wokinger^^

Stylus
Community User Level: 1
Community User Level: 1

Post by Stylus » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:20 pm

Mike Nike wrote:nice :)
other thing..when someone drove in pits in last race, in lap 11/12..lets just call him stylus :P...and he drives accidently too far and misses the pitzone, is he allowed to drive backward (in that case he went bw without a 180 turn) as long as he doesnt get in the lines of other cars? imo thats okay...though in the past i used to drive 1 more lap when accidently missing to pit and bw woulda saved so much time. probably twice in those 1 hour races with wokinger^^

^^

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:37 pm

Mike Nike wrote:nice :)

well as long as you don't drive bw for real it's ok! in this case totes no problem! due to pitlane speed limiter and since pitlane is not wearing you don't have to pit at the very end of the pit zone anyway! so no need to risk there! :D

Afinfas

Post by Afinfas » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:50 pm

Hmmm!!! :( Sorry i couldnt watch the final cause i left to change to spectator and then there was no server anymore! Tried to connected to last server but said "Error, already started or so".

Was funny competiion even if im a better driver when theres more laps to make in a row.
Had difficult draws from 2nd round on and alwasy lost first race setting extra pressure to me!

On semi final with Dede was with some expecations....Lost first race but won 2nd
On final race.... :shock: had advantage as i drove great laps. On last turn made a stupid mistake cause i thought i was too much behind cause the finishing lines are different. Cause of this i decided to risk everything and...LOST my place on final!!! :(

On fight for 3rd place with Mike i just didnt played good. Made unrecoverable mistakes! But lost to a great driver! ;)

So...4th place once again. Stayed in front of Lanz which as you might know already is my goal on championship as i seem not to have a chance for the big boys!
Well today i had a chance vs Dede and wasted completely!!!! Will check replay but....i shouldnt really...will make go mad with myself! :D

Nice cup but i am wishing for a normal race again! :)

Thanks for the organization stuff Lanz.. ;)

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:56 pm

Afinfas wrote:Hmmm!!! :( Sorry i couldnt watch the final cause i left to change to spectator and then there was no server anymore! Tried to connected to last server but said "Error, already started or so".

Sorry, I didn't notice you weren't there anymore. :( My bad!

Anyway, nice stuff all in all, was fun to do something completely different for a change.

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:07 pm

i'm very happy now, even if i lost to dede in 2nd round! :wink: had the fear that it could end in a desaster, thats why i changed the rules again today! but it worked pretty well! was really fun to do such an event, at least for me it was fun! had a nice 0.001 photofinish with hevonen in round 1! racing adrenalin was pumping in every heat! :lol:

EDIT: i need the log of the server Eddie organized to make the results! if someone would be so gentle to send me! thx

Mike Nike

Post by Mike Nike » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:38 pm

[+] Merceddie pos 1 (time: 1:25.136, 2 laps), best lap: 1 (41.837) PTM-Mercedes 38a63728
Lap times: 41.837 43.299
[Audi] Turok pos 2 (time: 1:31.357, 2 laps), best lap: 2 (43.842) PTM-Audi 6da0548f
Lap times: 47.515 43.842

RaceStats, 2 laps, 6 players, first finished
[+] Merceddie pos 1 (time: 1:20.615, 2 laps), best lap: 2 (38.771) PTM-Mercedes 38a63728
Lap times: 41.844 38.771
[Audi] Turok pos 2 (time: 1:27.618, 2 laps), best lap: 2 (42.843) PTM-Audi 6da0548f
Lap times: 44.775 42.843

[Merc] Mrtn pos 2 (time: 1:22.613, 2 laps), best lap: 2 (40.392) PTM-Mercedes 3bfc222b
Lap times: 42.221 40.392
[Audi]Pingu pos 1 (time: 1:22.084, 2 laps), best lap: 2 (39.763) PTM-Audi 7cbc6224
Lap times: 42.321 39.763

[Merc] Mrtn pos 2 (time: 1:22.754, 2 laps), best lap: 2 (40.008) PTM-Mercedes 3bfc222b
Lap times: 42.746 40.008
[Audi]Pingu pos 1 (time: 1:22.310, 2 laps), best lap: 2 (39.909) PTM-Audi 7cbc6224
Lap times: 42.401 39.909

[Merc] Szymek pos 2 (time: 1:24.078, 2 laps), best lap: 2 (41.393) PTM-Mercedes 70d67752
Lap times: 42.685 41.393
[Merc] Stylus pos 1 (time: 1:23.655, 2 laps), best lap: 2 (39.173) PTM-Mercedes 673775c2
Lap times: 44.482 39.173

[Merc] Szymek pos 1 (time: 1:21.934, 2 laps), best lap: 2 (39.641) PTM-Mercedes 70d67752
Lap times: 42.293 39.641
[Merc] Stylus pos 2 (time: 1:23.415, 2 laps), best lap: 2 (41.337) PTM-Mercedes 673775c2
Lap times: 42.078 41.337

[Merc] Szymek pos 2 (time: 1:32.234, 2 laps), best lap: 1 (45.903) PTM-Mercedes 70d67752
Lap times: 45.903 46.331
[Merc] Stylus pos 1 (time: 1:22.089, 2 laps), best lap: 2 (40.004) PTM-Mercedes 673775c2
Lap times: 42.085 40.004

[Merc] MNike pos 1 (time: 1:21.082, 2 laps), best lap: 2 (39.070) PTM-Mercedes 2b6c3fbf
Lap times: 42.012 39.070
[Merc] Mrtn pos 2 (time: 1:22.800, 2 laps), best lap: 2 (40.698) PTM-Mercedes 3bfc222b
Lap times: 42.102 40.698

[Merc] MNike pos 1 (time: 1:20.586, 2 laps), best lap: 2 (38.794) PTM-Mercedes 2b6c3fbf
Lap times: 41.792 38.794
[Merc] Mrtn pos 2 (time: 1:28.374, 2 laps), best lap: 2 (40.147) PTM-Mercedes 3bfc222b
Lap times: 48.227 40.147

[+] Merceddie pos 1 (time: 1:20.748, 2 laps), best lap: 2 (38.847) PTM-Mercedes 38a63728
Lap times: 41.901 38.847
[Audi]Pingu pos 2 (time: 1:21.656, 2 laps), best lap: 2 (39.268) PTM-Audi 7cbc6224
Lap times: 42.388 39.268

[+] Merceddie pos 1 (time: 1:20.236, 2 laps), best lap: 2 (38.863) PTM-Mercedes 38a63728
Lap times: 41.373 38.863
[Audi]Pingu pos 2 (time: 1:24.240, 2 laps), best lap: 1 (41.827) PTM-Audi 7cbc6224
Lap times: 41.827 42.413

[Merc] MNike pos 1 (time: 1:21.189, 2 laps), best lap: 2 (39.085) PTM-Mercedes 2b6c3fbf
Lap times: 42.104 39.085
[Merc] Stylus pos 2 (time: 1:22.318, 2 laps), best lap: 2 (39.987) PTM-Mercedes 673775c2
Lap times: 42.331 39.987

[Merc] MNike pos 1 (time: 1:21.715, 2 laps), best lap: 2 (39.166) PTM-Mercedes 2b6c3fbf
Lap times: 42.549 39.166
[Merc] Stylus pos 2 (time: 1:24.504, 2 laps), best lap: 1 (41.953) PTM-Mercedes 673775c2
Lap times: 41.953 42.551

[+] Merceddie pos 1 (time: 1:20.741, 2 laps), best lap: 2 (38.996) PTM-Mercedes 38a63728
Lap times: 41.745 38.996
[Merc] MNike pos 2 (time: 1:20.817, 2 laps), best lap: 2 (38.944) PTM-Mercedes 2b6c3fbf
Lap times: 41.873 38.944

[+] Merceddie pos 1 (time: 1:20.381, 2 laps), best lap: 2 (39.035) PTM-Mercedes 38a63728
Lap times: 41.346 39.035
[Merc] MNike pos 2 (time: 1:21.182, 2 laps), best lap: 2 (39.211) PTM-Mercedes 2b6c3fbf
Lap times: 41.971 39.211

[Audi] dede pos 1 (time: 1:20.945, 2 laps), best lap: 2 (39.121) PTM-Audi 3eb327b9
Lap times: 41.824 39.121
[Merc] Alfonso pos 2 (time: 1:23.160, 2 laps), best lap: 2 (40.767) PTM-Mercedes 1b175f62
Lap times: 42.393 40.767

[Audi] dede pos 2 (time: 1:23.020, 2 laps), best lap: 2 (40.958) PTM-Audi 3eb327b9
Lap times: 42.062 40.958
[Merc] Alfonso pos 1 (time: 1:20.688, 2 laps), best lap: 2 (38.973) PTM-Mercedes 1b175f62
Lap times: 41.715 38.973

[Audi] dede pos 1 (time: 1:20.602, 2 laps), best lap: 2 (38.869) PTM-Audi 3eb327b9
Lap times: 41.733 38.869
[Merc] Alfonso pos 2 (time: 1:20.765, 2 laps), best lap: 2 (39.063) PTM-Mercedes 1b175f62
Lap times: 41.702 39.063

[Merc] MNike pos 1 (time: 1:20.597, 2 laps), best lap: 2 (38.906) PTM-Mercedes 2b6c3fbf
Lap times: 41.691 38.906
[Merc] Alfonso pos 2 (time: 1:21.199, 2 laps), best lap: 2 (39.420) PTM-Mercedes 1b175f62
Lap times: 41.779 39.420

[Merc] MNike pos 1 (time: 1:21.858, 2 laps), best lap: 2 (40.052) PTM-Mercedes 2b6c3fbf
Lap times: 41.806 40.052
[Merc] Alfonso pos 2 (time: 1:28.182, 2 laps), best lap: 1 (43.208) PTM-Mercedes 1b175f62
Lap times: 43.208 44.974

[+] Merceddie pos 1 (time: 1:20.344, 2 laps), best lap: 2 (38.733) PTM-Mercedes 38a63728
Lap times: 41.611 38.733
[Audi] dede pos 2 (time: 1:25.002, 2 laps), best lap: 1 (41.883) PTM-Audi 3eb327b9
Lap times: 41.883 43.119

[+] Merceddie pos 1 (time: 1:19.812, 2 laps), best lap: 2 (38.713) PTM-Mercedes 38a63728
Lap times: 41.099 38.713
[Audi] dede pos 2 (time: 1:21.010, 2 laps), best lap: 2 (39.314) PTM-Audi 3eb327b9
Lap times: 41.696 39.314

[+] Merceddie pos 1 (time: 1:19.275, 2 laps), best lap: 2 (38.277) PTM-Mercedes 38a63728
Lap times: 40.998 38.277
[Audi] dede pos 2 (time: 1:20.707, 2 laps), best lap: 2 (39.149) PTM-Audi 3eb327b9
Lap times: 41.558 39.149

Message: <Server admin> 7. [Merc] Stylus (39.283) [82.089 in 1/8 final] [82.318 in quarter]

2-0 eddie turok
2-0 pingu mrtn
2-1 stylus szymek (1-0,0-1,1-0)
2-0 mike mrtn (just driven so mike could cheat and is warmed up a little muhaha)

2-0 tijny pingu
2-0 mike stylus

2-0 tijny mike
2-1 dede alfonso (1-0,0-1,1-0)

2-0 mike alfonso
2-0 tijny dede (3-0 just to show off the 1337pwnage with a bashing 79.2x racetotaltime)

so, dede mike alfonso close top racetotaltimes..
stylus drove a faster racetotaltime in his first duel, but as soon as i got the rules right, his 82.318 from quarterfinal counts to determine if he gets place 6, 7 or 8 (pingu has him beat with a 81.656)
Last edited by Mike Nike on Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.