Puschtras Touring Masters - Infos - Schedule - Subscriptions

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Lanz
Community User Level: 4

Post by Lanz » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:19 am

Every great undertaking follows a vision...

At the beginning of Saxony-Anhalt’s race and testing track’s success story was – literally – a maize field. Typical for the Börde region in the mid nineties, agriculture dominated the scene around the town Oschersleben at the heart of Saxony-Anhalt, now with a population of around 15,500.
But an ambitious and unique project, planned for years, was already waiting at the starting line: The creation of the MOTOPARK Oschersleben. On around 1 million square metres, the third permanent race track in Germany at the time was built in just one year.
After the symbolic turning of the soil ceremony on 5th April 1995, the opening was celebrated on 25th July 1997. Approximately €58 million were invested.

The beginning of construction on the 8th July 1996

The contractor responsible for the construction of the MOTOPARK was the company BUNTE Bau in Papenburg, who also took ownership of the premises in June 2005. For the architect involved, a race track construction was a new experience. Existing tracks were used as samples, always with the individual design of the MOTOPARK as a priority. The first half year was taken up by ground work. A total of more than 1.25 million cubic metres of Börde soil were moved in this time. For civil engineering works alone, more than 40,000 work hours were needed.
Up to the opening day in the summer of 1997, the contractors involved braved the extraordinary workload fantastically. They tarmaced a 3.667 kilometre long circuit, built a total of 14 bends and a 680 metre long start and finishing straight. For safety reasons, double and triple crash barriers were installed, around 40,000 tyres stacked and screwed together, gravel beds filled, emergency paths built and safety fences errected.
A digital, remote controlled video monitoring system and a signal system consisting of 9 traffic light bridges along the track were installed. The area was filled with a total of approximately 20 kilometres of electric cables and fibreglass wiring, 15 kilometres of waste water pipes and 4.5 kilometres of water supply. The workers put down 12,400 square metres of plaster and spread 87,000 cubic metres of gravel.

But more was yet to be done...

The on site 4 star hotel with 88 double rooms and suites, as well as the 1,018 metre long karting track with its own pits were integrated in the plans from the outset. The karting track was designed to double up for parking space and was extended with a challenging offroad part, suitable for Supermoto events, for instance, later on. Helicopter landing pad and medical centre are in immediate proximity. The generously sized drivers camp provides space for the teams on 60,000square metres.
The approach of the MOTOPARK premises are dominated by the start and finishing buiding with the tower. It accomodates race control, speaker and commentator places and the modern press centre with around 100 work places for journalists and photographers. Above the 29 pits, there was plenty of room for numerous office rooms, the VIP lounges and the hotel’s bistro.
Strict construction supervision
The FIA as higher authority closely monitored and supervised the entire construction. As the equipment needs to conform with international regulations, a control officer was appointed by the FIA. Roland Bruynseraede, former race director of the DTM, made regular visits to the site to supervise the building process.

The Opening

The first event held, attended by numerous invited guests and sceptical members of the media was the Ferrari Challenge. Just one week later, the GTP weekend took place, followed by the premiere event of the BERU Top 10. New events were added continuously, each annual diary filling up. Now, the track is used on more than 280 days annually, under the motto: post season really is pre season.

Take over of the race track

The largest meaningful economic change was experienced on the 10th January 2002, when the MOTOPARK applied for bankruptcy at the regional court in Magdeburg. Usage of the facilities continued unharmed and track management continued to book high ranking racing events such as the DTM right up to the official insolvency in 2005.
In June 2005, a consortium around the BUNTE Bau enterprise from Papenburg in Emsland stepped in as new owners of the premises. Mid season, the re-naming to the „Motorsport Arena Oschersleben“ was realised with all the consequences.

Remodelling and extension of the track

Exactly 10 years after the opening, the 3.667 kilometre long track was altered. Since March 2007, the circuit measures 3.696 kilometres. The largest construction work was done at the alterations to the first bend. Here, the start and finishing straight was changed and now follows a 90 degree curve followed by a bend to the right back into the old track. Additionally, new tarmac was laid and an additional gravel bed was installed. At the so called Triple, the triple left bend in the north west stands area, roll out zones were levelled, extended and partly tarmaced. The tarmac area allows pilots to ease back into the race after an unplanned exit from the track, enhancing safety for the participants and excitement for spectators.
Source

Oschersleben

Warm up: 8 laps
Q1 and Q2: 5 laps
Race: 40 laps

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:11 pm

In case you want to see a finish like this or just the Finals of this nice Event download all the Heats nicely ordered here.

Even though game said that i won that Heat by 0.001 it seems Hevo is a bit in front! Or the BMW throws a bigger shadow!? :lol:

Mike Nike
Community User Level: 5

Post by Mike Nike » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:19 am

uuh, nice one..just watched the vid..
also checked pixels in paint.
how did lanz won :D? i just imagine its either maybe a car difference of 1 pixel and then both were crossing the line within same pixel, but lanz with more speed and something like 0.x pixels in front, which is just not visible on the screen.
or network issues..
or...while i hacked the game to make it a "c" lap between me and dede few races ago...you hacked it now so you win by 0.001 instead of losing by 0.001. good game.

Wokinger
Community User Level: 3

Post by Wokinger » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:23 am

If I'm not wrong, game check where is the middle of pat file.

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:32 am

Wokinger wrote:If I'm not wrong, game check where is the middle of pat file.

Correct. The finish is actually closer to this frame:

Which is why you'll see in my tracks, the first control point is actually a little bit before the visual finish line.

Pingu

Post by Pingu » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:22 am

Will not be here next sunday again :cry: Fail cup for me sorry audi guys!

Afinfas

Post by Afinfas » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:06 pm

Teaser for today:

Download Here

A 28.386s from me! :)

Eddie made a 28.362s so...only 0.024s difference...im proud BUT, my lap was 1 in a thousand! :lol:
"Dont forget to be happy!"

Afinfas

Post by Afinfas » Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:57 pm

Hmmm...disappointing race for me!!

I dont know whats up but i make good practices and very consistent laps on it without mistakes and then i go to real competition and i F#$% up!!!

I never can set a good Q lap...it goes on my nerves.

And the worst part is to get used to the heavy car on Race!!! I think at least first Q should be made with full tank so you kind of get used to the feeling of driving with so much weight...

Started on 5th place and ended up in 6th..not so bad i guess but...LANZ was ahead of me so objective..NOT ACOMPLISHED!! :)

Also these pits...i completely forgot to test the pits and made 2 times mistakes hitting first wall and then on the exit going to grass and loosing loads of time!!! After that happening 2 times i decided in the end: "What a hell i dont pit again!!!" :lol: So 2 stops only!

On last lap had popowitch (i think) pushing me outside (not on purpose i know) but it leads me to make a question i want to to make for a long time but i always forget. And is:

If im overlapping a player but my car is slower (due to tires) and right after he´s on my back, which kind of driving behavior should i adapt!!? I never know what to do!! :shock: Popowitch was a bit faster but...he was overlapped by me..

If anyone can answer me this would be nice.

Ok, hopefully will have a better performance next week!
Last edited by Afinfas on Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:00 pm

sadly a low turnout today! but apart from that a great race! even though i lost some positions in the beginning i had a nice comeback to my first ever PTM PODIUM! woooottt wooootttt! patetic dede overtook me on last lap for 2nd! :evil: but still i'm epic happy was about time to score a podium for the BMW's! FORZA MILAN AND FORZA ROSSI! watching both on 2 screens! :wink:

Mike Nike

Post by Mike Nike » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:43 am

interesting race..
had friday or saturday little practice to get a 28.65 pb and later drove, not like i thought 2 and 3 stopper for test, it was 1 and 2 stopper..both including quite some mistakes, 4x fly. all around i did not feel motivated to practice seriously. i didnt felt like i am able to reach 2nd place in season.
stood up 45 min before the race, more poker in the head than sliders, even skipped to practice before 19.57cest. then 2 laps local lol.

before q1 i felt it is gonna be very tough for me to get to q2, lucky i made it.
q2 new pb 2nd startplace, incredibly lucky after i thought i ruined the lap with deep unwanted grasscut.
predicting im gonna turtle around in front of others and tijny will fly away, me amusing myself about giving tijny an easy win that way (not that he wasnt gonna win anyway) and yeah, thats what happened.
in the replay i discovered though i accidently illegaly blocked lanz in lap 1 and although he basicly overtook me by 0.x carlength after the next curve, i still got the position back due to more outside speed. since lanz ended up in front of me anyway, i guess he wont bother too much.
turtling in front of the rest after that, having 2.7 sec lead to dede, i gone to pits, not really concentrating and not realizing i could actually crash at the right side that easily. i did, then stuck (due to little warp while stuck i didnt realized i was stuck so fast, so it took a while to get on track again, comparing to arjens lap after pit i must have lost at least 2.7 sec i guess..doh).
later, coming out of 2nd pit, what i thought was the alfonso-factor, was actually the wokinger-factor. expecting/hoping that he is gonna pit one more time, since i thought i still should have normally a good lead on him, lanz could catch up on me and so did dede. 2nd place on the plate as present, but i did not seem to be hungry anymore in this season. in the end i could even indeed say thx to wokinger flying to the moon in last lap (i checked, there was no collision, also in race i thought i broke earlier than my normal braking point, just to not risk a push).

@lanz/dede
lol that last lap, that indeed was a dede/mikenike-push again, how is that even possible?^^. a c-lap, said the server (thx to the c-lap hack me or tijny wrote), also it looked a bit like there was a sidebump, resulting into lanz not making the curve. in the end, it feels very similar like few races ago. just this time the sidebump felt more visible. dede woulda probably caught lanz anyway when slowing more down inside to not risk to bump into lanz and then passing him on the straight later maybe, but if i would have to vote id say position switch to lanz #2, dede #3.

@dede
lol, checked your race. after few laps i couldnt resist laughing anymore with you keeping on flying^^. incredible you still made it to 2nd place still, after you got "stylus"-ed so early, kinda twice..

@dede/lanz
on the other side, stylus overtook dede a bit beefy as well. dede then later tried to avoid to crash into stylus, who slowed down due to grasscut after a battle with lanz (who kinda warpovertook stylus in my screen). that threw dede far to 8th place or so.
dede might have done later in the middle a semirough overtake, questional legal as well, but not sure.
all in all, likely deserved 2nd place for dede since he got beefed as well, but id still vote for lanz 2nd place, since we used to handle it the way, that you dont get bonus seconds for getting beefed during the race^^ (damn liambeefer ;P)

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:58 am

Mike Nike wrote:@dede
lol, checked your race. after few laps i couldnt resist laughing anymore with you keeping on flying^^

f***, seems a lot of missed opportunities! I would've carried him right over the fence had he been closer to me! Would that have counted as a rough move? Well, I would've gladly accepted any penalty anyway.

Qualifying didn't go so well for me, 28.6 with a jump in Q1 and 3× 28.5 in Q2, but not really any good laps. Still pole though, and my lead was never in danger after that. Since 40 = 4×10 I decided to go with 3 stops and that worked out pretty well, despite the major slowest chicane on pit exit.

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:22 am

Afinfas wrote:If im overlapping a player but my car is slower (due to tires) and right after he´s on my back, which kind of driving behavior should i adapt!!? I never know what to do!! :shock: Popowitch was a bit faster but...he was overlapped by me..

Yep thats a tricky situation! The guy who is getting lapped should always make space for the guy on the lead lap! on the other side if the lapped dude is then faster again due to fresher rubber he can try to overtake back but he must be aware of not holding up others! maybe best would be to use the advantage of the fresher rubber on the straights!

Mike wrote:@lanz/dede
lol that last lap, that indeed was a dede/mikenike-push again, how is that even possible?^^. a c-lap, said the server (thx to the c-lap hack me or tijny wrote), also it looked a bit like there was a sidebump, resulting into lanz not making the curve. in the end, it feels very similar like few races ago. just this time the sidebump felt more visible. dede woulda probably caught lanz anyway when slowing more down inside to not risk to bump into lanz and then passing him on the straight later maybe, but if i would have to vote id say position switch to lanz #2, dede #3.

yep patetic dede totes beefed me out! patetic startpos penalty for next race, maybe he has to start from pit! auhehauehaheuah
no joking, the contact was minor if there was even a contact! very similar to dedevsmike situation in austria! of course no penalty and no swap of positions! he was much faster and would overtake me anyway!

Tijny wrote:Would that have counted as a rough move?

of course not but only if you would do it to dede! auehhauehaheu

Afinfas

Post by Afinfas » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:30 am

I just saw replay now and i realized that my poor result was due to, stupid mistakes related with pressure i think BUT as well some unlucky incidents.

For example, there was one time where 2 cars, Stylus and a grey one completely stopped on first turn on the wall and i didnt avoided them by 1mm. I lost my chance there to get away from the pack (i would be 3rd at that time) and would for sure avoid many small collisions and pressure from behind i guess.

I also failed on the pits loosing loads of time. I guess is very important to make 1 time practice for 30 laps for example and every 5 laps pit! I will not make that mistake again i think! I lost definitely around 5 seconds with these 3 errors on pits! :roll:

Next week half of the track i know...the other i dont! :lol:
I just made a small recon test and i laughed my arse off on first lap! :lol: First turns everything ok and i was thinking to myself: "Oh yeah, i know this track so why it has different name???" I soon found out why! LOL
After 3 turns i was preparing myself to turn left to have a big straight BUT...i crashed into a tire wall!!! There was no track to the left! AHAHAHAHA Its a indy track so....i think i dont have to continue explaining do i???

:lol:

Afinfas

Post by Afinfas » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:14 pm

Guys, sorry the small offtopic and 2 posts in a row but can you help out with this thread please? Its to bring one more guy to the championship (a fast and regular player from NSGP).

Here: http://www.turbosliders.com/forum/viewt ... 1453#31453

Thanks! ;)

EDIT:Ok, nevermind, i just found it finally! So stupid of me!!! :lol: Will update the right thread so everyone can know that! ;)

dede

Post by dede » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:41 am

I didn't have time to re-watch the race, so I can post only a quick comment basing on what I remember.

I practiced about 100 laps without fuel, because I was quite slow at the beginning - or at least I was slow at getting quick laps. At the end I obtained a .355 which was more or less equal to Tijny's and Alfonso's records.

My objective in Q was to achieve Top 3. Mission failed, damn! Starting from 3rd place means already getting quite a big gap from Tijny's lead (2 secs?), which is normally enough to make him win by 2 secs as our race pace is the same. Fourth place means NO possibilities to win unless Tijny needs WC break during the race, so my objective after Q2 was to achieve 2nd place in the race without caring about Tijny's speed.

As soon as I dropped positions, I decided to use Mike Nike's pit tactics to overtake him and other people in front (enter pits early and use new tires to set fast times while others are still running with worn tires). It worked out quite well, although Mike Nike screwed up on his own by crashing pit wall.

At the end I found myself in third position with a good pace to catch Lanz in last lap. I believe I would've had a hard time passing him if he didn't make that mistake in the middle part. His mistake was to go wide in that curve and give room for me in the inside. I'm sorry for the contact, if existed, but next time don't give me room like that.

Afinfas

Post by Afinfas » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:33 am

Guys...theres seem to be a problem on registering on the forum. It doesnt accept the captcha!! :shock: No matter which combination it always says the confirmation code was wrong!

The guy im bringing to TS tried to register to apply for PTM and simply cant cause of that!! And yeah he tried and me tried all possible combinations. I know captchas can be hard sometimes :lol: but...this time im sure its another problem!

He tried in safari, firefox....i tried on Chrome. Same issue!

Sorry once again for posting this here but...i have the feeling that this post everyone reads often so...i hope its ok, if not just tell me or after answering simply delete the post!

Thanks...maybe this issue is there for already some time and new users cant simply register and join us so i would say that this is a major flaw!! :oops:

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:39 am

dede wrote:At the end I found myself in third position with a good pace to catch Lanz in last lap. I believe I would've had a hard time passing him if he didn't make that mistake in the middle part. His mistake was to go wide in that curve and give room for me in the inside. I'm sorry for the contact, if existed, but next time don't give me room like that.

i didn't wanted to give you room, also i didn't tried to block as hard as possible! plan was to get as much speed as possible out of the turn and then to protect the inside but i failed! watching back the race i lost the 2nd place already earlier, took me ages to pass mike and woki! :wink: that was a really enjoyable battle!

power79

Post by power79 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:44 am

Afinfas wrote:Guys...theres seem to be a problem on registering on the forum. It doesnt accept the captcha!! :shock: No matter which combination it always says the confirmation code was wrong!

The guy im bringing to TS tried to register to apply for PTM and simply cant cause of that!! And yeah he tried and me tried all possible combinations. I know captchas can be hard sometimes :lol: but...this time im sure its another problem!

He tried in safari, firefox....i tried on Chrome. Same issue!

Sorry once again for posting this here but...i have the feeling that this post everyone reads often so...i hope its ok, if not just tell me or after answering simply delete the post!

Thanks...maybe this issue is there for already some time and new users cant simply register and join us so i would say that this is a major flaw!! :oops:

http://www.turbosliders.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2909
Mike Nike wrote:KiWi wants to register to this forum and he asked me to do it for him, since he thought he had a bug with entering the code. i tried it too and it didnt work here either. any solutions? we both used firefox, but that shouldnt be the prob. and yes, we input the code correct, several times. i also tried capslock instead of noncapslock...but SEEMS REIROMPOWER FAILS HERE!

Clearly an issue. Maybe intentional because seems that latest registrations (from march) are almost all bot spammers. But definitely should be fixed asap.

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:20 pm

Afinfas wrote:The guy im bringing to TS tried to register to apply for PTM and simply cant cause of that!! And yeah he tried and me tried all possible combinations. I know captchas can be hard sometimes :lol: but...this time im sure its another problem!

how fast is that dude? tell him BMW needs fast players! :lol:
and yeah i also recognized that something doesn't work! wanted to add new avatar but it didn't worked! maybe there is a connection between! don't know i'm no expert! :wink:

Afinfas

Post by Afinfas » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:27 pm

Lanz wrote:how fast is that dude? tell him BMW needs fast players! :lol:
and yeah i also recognized that something doesn't work! wanted to add new avatar but it didn't worked! maybe there is a connection between! don't know i'm no expert! :wink:

Hehe...he finished NSGPOC Season 13 on 5th place with 2 wins and 6 podiums BUT missing 4 races! ;) He´s good but will need adaptation to TS for sure. But it seems he likes it...specially that the cars dont break immediately like at NSGP. But as i said to him, this Indy track might be perfect for a debut. Easy to learn! ;)
And....he´s from finland!!! :lol:
Here his carrer profile: http://nsgp.eu/drivers.php?id=kot

About team...i said he could choose but probably mercedes would be full already! ;) So you have 50% probability that he joins BMW! :lol:

BTW...mercedes car is not available to download on first page. Can you quickly fix that!? :)

And yeah...this forum registering issue should be solved ASAP...who knows how many new persons "we"lost with this...

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:43 pm

Afinfas wrote:Hehe...he finished NSGPOC Season 13 on 5th place with 2 wins and 6 podiums BUT missing 4 races! ;) He´s good but will need adaptation to TS for sure. But it seems he likes it...specially that the cars dont break immediately like at NSGP. But as i said to him, this Indy track might be perfect for a debut. Easy to learn! ;)
And....he´s from finland!!! :lol:
Here his carrer profile: http://nsgp.eu/drivers.php?id=kot

About team...i said he could choose but probably mercedes would be full already! ;) So you have 50% probability that he joins BMW! :lol:

BTW...mercedes car is not available to download on first page. Can you quickly fix that!? :)

Yep Merc team is full! let's hope he makes the right decision! :lol:
You can download all the cars here.

Afinfas

Post by Afinfas » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:53 am

Lanz wrote:Yep Merc team is full! let's hope he makes the right decision! :lol:
You can download all the cars here.

Ok, thanks for solving the cars thing! ;) But...why the issue from the forum is not solved?? Or even worst...no one speaks about it!!? The mods from the forum cant do anything?? Dede, Eddie,.....???

I would say this is a very big issue and its still to solve.... :( No wonder theres no new guys showing up...i say again, who knows how many new guys "we lost" while this issue is there!!! :shock:

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:58 am

Afinfas wrote:Ok, thanks for solving the cars thing! ;) But...why the issue from the forum is not solved?? Or even worst...no one speaks about it!!? The mods from the forum cant do anything?? Dede, Eddie,.....???

I had a quick look at it and it seems the session variables aren't saved for some reason. Not something I can fix I think. But maybe dede can find 30 minutes of time and look into it somewhere in the next few months...

dede

Post by dede » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:55 am

Tijny wrote:I had a quick look at it and it seems the session variables aren't saved for some reason. Not something I can fix I think. But maybe dede can find 30 minutes of time and look into it somewhere in the next few months...

Meh, looks like we are over 1gb disk usage, so we can't create new files to the server. I'm gonna ask Jani if it's possible to increase our disk quote, otherwise we need to find other collocation for tracks.

Afinfas

Post by Afinfas » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:06 pm

Ok it seems that the forum problem is now solved! :) At least i was able to register a new account for Kotka (the Finnish NSGP guy who is supposed to show up tomorrow) and change my profile!

Thanks for solving it Dede/Eddie...or at least, for reporting it to higher instances! :lol:

Hopefully we will have more then 11 players this week! :roll:

EDIT: My best time 18.455s But i bet Eddie or Dede can go to 18.3 no problem. Maybe even 18.2