It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:15 pm

Puschtras Touring Masters - Infos - Schedule - Subscriptions

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

Afinfas

Community User Level: 3

PostSun May 05, 2013 11:44 am

Ok i leave HERE A new set of ai Lines for this last season track with a PB from me of 24.865s on it!

I think it makes quite some fun to race against ai lines, specially when they were made by yourself cause you are racing against you more or less! :D Another question i would like to make is if ai cars start to drive faster when you are at front?? It happens already sometimes that i could "easily" catch the front guy but then i simply couldnt get away and they would even catch up on me! Is this a "feature" from the game?

BTW...does anyone uses this at all?
Anyway...tell me if it makes sense that i post here the ai lines of the tracks we play in! Cause otherwise i save myself the trouble of posting them! :) If no one uses them it makes no sense! :shock:
"Dont forget to be happy!"

Stylus

Community User Level: 1

PostSun May 05, 2013 12:03 pm

How do I add these?

Mike Nike

Community User Level: 5

PostSun May 05, 2013 12:04 pm

id prefer a more rewarding pts system as well, like alfonso said.
ai lines, its been years probably the last time i tested ai lines..
i think its good for testing where to overtake. i assume these lines are not for fuelraces, right?
dunno if id dl again next time though.

Lanz

Community User Level: 4

PostSun May 05, 2013 1:02 pm

Mike Nike wrote:id prefer a more rewarding pts system as well, like alfonso said.

?

Alfonso wrote:BTW...does anyone uses this at all?

i never drove vs AI at all in TS!

Afinfas

PostSun May 05, 2013 1:09 pm

Stylus wrote:How do I add these?

Mike Nike wrote:id prefer a more rewarding pts system as well, like alfonso said.
ai lines, its been years probably the last time i tested ai lines..
i think its good for testing where to overtake. i assume these lines are not for fuelraces, right?
dunno if id dl again next time though.

@Stylus You can add this file putting it on the turbosliders/ai folder BUT in order to use them, you have to use a Mercedes car cause they were made with it. Any other car doesnt work.

@Mike Did i ever mentioned a new points system?? I dont remember. What i didnt like was the system from last F1 season, that one is ridiculous but not the current one i think.
About the ai lines...are you really asking if they are made for fuel races? :lol: How come? You should know that its not possible to make ai lines with pitstops... or you mean with the current system of fuel? Even though it wouldnt work well cause the laps from the COM drivers are not made in any order i think!

Ok, i guess i will stop posting these ai lines...if anyone is interested, you can always ask me to do it! ;)

power79

PostSun May 05, 2013 1:34 pm

Afinfas wrote:Another question i would like to make is if ai cars start to drive faster when you are at front?? It happens already sometimes that i could "easily" catch the front guy but then i simply couldnt get away and they would even catch up on me! Is this a "feature" from the game?

TS Manual wrote:MODIFYING AI PLAYERS

File ai/aiplayers.dat defines all the AI players in the game.
You can change the name, color or skill for every player or
add your own new players. A new AI player is added with a line
"AIPlayer <name>". It gets these properties:

* MaxSpeedUp <val>: The AI player can decide to increase SpeedFactor at most
by this value if a human player is ahead of it. The addition cannot make the
value more than 1.00, though. Valid range from 0.0 to 0.5.

* MaxSpeedDown <val>: The AI player can decide to decrease SpeedFactor
at most by this value if a human player is behind it. Valid range is from
0.0 to 0.5.

Afinfas

PostSun May 05, 2013 1:44 pm

WOW...thanks man. Thats a great feature from the game! ;)

Will check it out better....but one last thing, is the 0.5 faster then 0.1 or the other way around?
Sorry, im kind of dumb in respect to numbers and calculations... :oops:

EDIT: Ok,forget it, im reading the manual and has all info there!

Lanz

PostSun May 05, 2013 4:16 pm

im pretty much unsure with total race time today, if 47 laps is to much or not!? someone made race sims? if so please tell me the times so i can check it! also pm if you don't want that others know that you wanked like crazy! :lol:

Mike Nike

PostSun May 05, 2013 4:20 pm

about pts system i meant..
imo its better to reward every place with pts. pt system can still be very similar to current system.
quick example..if you have a system like 10 6 4 3 2 1 you can make it to 1000 600 400 300 200 100 50 25 12 10 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 or something similar - just to create less demotivation for places around 10-15 etc.

about ai lines. rly too long ago here..
if it is not possible to create pit-ai-lines, it is still possible to create a line where a car pits every lap, right?
so theoreticly, if we want ai-pit-races...we could have a short track, which has something like 1 lap=10 laps (normal checklines 10, in this case 100) and ai pits in every 10th lap (lap 2, 12, 22), startfuel 20percentish, so fairness is kinda there between real racers and ai.

Afinfas

PostSun May 05, 2013 4:46 pm

Mike Nike wrote:about pts system i meant..
imo its better to reward every place with pts. pt system can still be very similar to current system.
quick example..if you have a system like 10 6 4 3 2 1 you can make it to 1000 600 400 300 200 100 50 25 12 10 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 or something similar - just to create less demotivation for places around 10-15 etc.

about ai lines. rly too long ago here..
if it is not possible to create pit-ai-lines, it is still possible to create a line where a car pits every lap, right?
so theoreticly, if we want ai-pit-races...we could have a short track, which has something like 1 lap=10 laps (normal checklines 10, in this case 100) and ai pits in every 10th lap (lap 2, 12, 22), startfuel 20percentish, so fairness is kinda there between real racers and ai.

About points: Well, why not just increase a little bit the amount of positions with points?

1st:35
2nd:27
3rd:23
4th:20
11th:5
12th:4
13th:3
14th:2
15th:1

I hate when the points are huge numbers! Getting to the points should give you a nice sensation. If you always end up with points the feeling is gone i would say, or its not so nice. So increasing just a bit the amount of positions with points but still leave some without i think would be better!

About the ai Pit lines..... im waiting patiently for next version being developed to have already that included! :D Actually my "dream" would be if it had a single player mode incorporated, like career mode! Going from test pilot, to 2nd driver of a lower team to a first driver of a top team fighting for the crown! ;)

(depending on your performance on the season you would receive offers from higher teams)

Mike Nike

PostSun May 05, 2013 5:55 pm

uff..20 ai players, start position 20..and now the toughest thing: fair play rules.
after getting beefed n³ times i caught the 1st place after 50 laps, ending up with a 40min07sec race in 94 laps with ~24sec lead to 2nd, having lapped each car but 2nd and 3rd place.
so dirty getting-beefed places vs ai in this track..hell :D..gotta cut a funny beef now

Afinfas

PostSun May 05, 2013 7:18 pm

Review:

Was feeling fast before this new session started and made it to Q2 as desired! Then on Q2 i got completely surprised with my time. I wasnt at all expecting that kind of time with pressure on! I even dont think it was a very fast lap...only when i saw the time i thought hmmmm, this a time for a possible Pole! :D Right after i heard the sound of a fastest lap and i was "Oh no...must have been Eddie!!" :lol: No, it was only another type of car beating a lap record! (I never realized this until 1 week a go that there was different records).
Pole it was!!!

Race

Was "expecting" to Fck up right on first lap, maybe even first turn! :lol: But things went fine for 3 laps and i was gaining advantage towards 2nd place, Lanz at that moment! My heart was pumping full of adrenaline and eventually i made a mistake that made Lanz come closer.
I managed to keep the lead till lap 8 where after some contact between me and him, i went to grass.
Pitted on lap 15 and 30 and after 1st pit i was still with chance to get a win BUT if i didnt make more mistakes. Wokinger was approaching as well! Honestly i didnt knew that he could be so quick! Sorry for thinking like that! :)
Around lap 22 i had my team mate and champion Eddie, just right on my back and i admit...i was feeling a lot of pressure!!! Eventually i cracked and went to grass on top turn and he passed together with Wokinger.

I had the feeling that i had very different approaches to the turns compared with most of the drivers. That was specially noticeable on last turn and on first sequence of turns! But the strange thing is that i got pole with a lap like that! :?:

After this i think i lost my consistency and concentration and made 3 or 4 mistakes, going to grass. Still i was able to recover 2 places to get a 5th place in the end. Of course im not satisfied cause i started from the front but...ok!

Sorry to Eddie and Lanz for some unwanted blocking after making mistakes on first turn!

Was a nice competition and hopefully it will come back soon. Or any other competition with cars that dont slide (as i hate those).

Thanks for the races...i had fun! :)

EDIT: If a new competition starts and i dont reply, please remind me! I might join but i might also possibly not see it on the forum! :P

EDIT2:@Mike: Im happy you had fun with the ai lines! :D I can have loads of fun...only sad that COM players are asses and just drive as if you werent there! :twisted:
Last edited by Afinfas on Sun May 05, 2013 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wokinger

PostSun May 05, 2013 7:24 pm

Afinfas wrote:Wokinger was approaching as well! Honestly i didnt knew that he could be so quick! Sorry for thinking like that! :)

np.

It's 3:0 for me (since my internet is back ;))

Lanz

PostSun May 05, 2013 8:37 pm

really a good race from me! had loads of fun! i expected to fight with Eddie for the win but 2 mistakes in 1 lap made it easy for him to pass me! maybe i would of had a chance to make his life a bit harder but im pretty sure he would of won it either way! he was just a bit quicker and was closing the gap slowly! i was a bit rough to mike once i overtook him twice due to him pitting earlier, but all in all no harsh moves, just that i wanted him out of the way quickly! :lol: with 3 podiums in a row im pretty satisfied with my performance in this cup! made loads of fun!
Thanks to all for joining! special thanks to Wokinger for the Cars, to Eddie and dede for helping organizing!
I said that once the Puschtras Cup ended as well and i couldn't maintain my promise but with pretty much all done for a 2nd Edition i can say it again: the PTM is going return, if not this year then in 2014!
AVANTI PTM AVANTI! :lol:

Afinfas

PostSun May 05, 2013 9:16 pm

Yeah, was loads of fun and indeed you put a good pace on last 3 races! I guess you wanted to make sure that a rookie wouldnt stay in front of you so...you put up some practice on these last races! :lol:

What i dont understand is why there´s not continuous competition going on? Like an official TS championship?? The fact that there´s no regular MAIN competition, makes that not many new players get to know about it. If there would be an official one always on, it would be easier for everyone to join, including new guys! Just my opinion of course! :roll:

I guess i will be now waiting for the new version to come out cause at the moment theres nothing to compete for! :( Is it going to be any races next weekend?

Wokinger

PostSun May 05, 2013 9:27 pm

Afinfas wrote:Yeah, was loads of fun and indeed you put a good pace on last 3 races! I guess you wanted to make sure that a rookie wouldnt stay in front of you so...you put up some practice on these last races! :lol:

Sure, 10 laps before race is enough for rookies :D

Lanz

PostSun May 05, 2013 11:03 pm

Afinfas wrote:Yeah, was loads of fun and indeed you put a good pace on last 3 races! I guess you wanted to make sure that a rookie wouldnt stay in front of you so...you put up some practice on these last races! :lol:

What i dont understand is why there´s not continuous competition going on? Like an official TS championship?? The fact that there´s no regular MAIN competition, makes that not many new players get to know about it. If there would be an official one always on, it would be easier for everyone to join, including new guys! Just my opinion of course! :roll:

I guess i will be now waiting for the new version to come out cause at the moment theres nothing to compete for! :( Is it going to be any races next weekend?

nah it was more that i stayed at home on saturday evenings! at the Zandvoort weekend i had such a bad hangover! that was the turning point! :lol: for what you have the fridays! + i always made 2 race sims to calculate laps for races and at Nürburgring i made them a few days before the race and not weeks before like on the other tracks!

yep sadly i think it's taking some time now till we see the next competition! but due to PTM its even better now last year we had nothing but some puna cups between the 2 leagues! :cry: at least not much!

KiWi

PostMon May 06, 2013 8:49 am

Yep u can make the ai drive every laps on the pits u just need to always go to the pit when recording but even ith this ai are often advantaged but the trick works well on tracks who haven't pit in the same area of the start line like KAssen per eg.

Afinfas

PostMon May 06, 2013 10:04 am

KiWi wrote:Yep u can make the ai drive every laps on the pits u just need to always go to the pit when recording but even ith this ai are often advantaged but the trick works well on tracks who haven't pit in the same area of the start line like KAssen per eg.

Seems a nice trick but...still i think i will wait for the new version to have that included already! :)

Whiplash

PostWed May 08, 2013 5:09 pm

Someone, upload me last 3 tracks here. The ones I already downloaded don't match with the replays. Seems total wrong ones. Put them all in one .rar file so I can download it easier. I want to see the culmination of this lucky Tijny's cup win. Come on, I count to ten.

Tijny

PostWed May 08, 2013 5:19 pm

Whiplash wrote:Someone, upload me last 3 tracks here. The ones I already downloaded don't match with the replays. Seems total wrong ones. Put them all in one .rar file so I can download it easier. I want to see the culmination of this lucky Tijny's cup win. Come on, I count to ten.
You really do want everything being spoonfed to you, don't you? Everything can be downloaded from the first post in this topic.
Last edited by Tijny on Wed May 08, 2013 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Afinfas

PostWed May 08, 2013 5:19 pm

Whiplash wrote:Someone, upload me last 3 tracks here. The ones I already downloaded don't match with the replays. Seems total wrong ones. Put them all in one .rar file so I can download it easier. I want to see the culmination of this lucky Tijny's cup win. Come on, I count to ten.

Here -------> PTM tracks

I didnt felt like check the ones we played on last 3 races so i just upload them all. Its only 15MB!!

On last race you can see my first ever pole! :lol: But then you see me finishing in a stupid 5th!!! :( Too many mistakes i guess. Have to be more consistent but...it makes no sense now cause THERES NO COMPETITION GOING ON at the moment!!! :cry:

Whiplash

PostWed May 08, 2013 6:03 pm

Tijny wrote:You really do want everything being spoonfed to you, don't you? Everything can be downloaded from the first post in this topic.

Come on, I'm newbah here.

Alfonfas - tnx man.

Mike Nike

PostWed May 08, 2013 6:23 pm

Afinfas wrote: THERES NO COMPETITION GOING ON at the moment!!! :cry:

you probably just mean ptm, but...meh:

leagues (other mod)
1* f1sl http://f1sl.thegoo.us/
2 rmpts http://f1sl.thegoo.us/
3 scarts i guess
4* speedway ts

servers with some sorta ranking (published on some webpage)
1 rmpts rankings http://www.kolumbus.fi/arilai79/rallyranks.html
2 lvp pbserver rankings

servers where you still can hunt local server records
1 f1 league practice server (unless all servers are with fuel, dunno)
2 terra 1/2
3 full contact server (probably occasional record html page somewhere updated)

local rec hunting
1 ts.com ranking http://www.turbosliders.com/ranking.php?offset=-120

power79

PostWed May 08, 2013 7:52 pm

Mike Nike wrote:servers with some sorta ranking (published on some webpage)
1 rmpts rankings http://www.kolumbus.fi/arilai79/rallyranks.html

Lets clarify that this is not official RMPTS ranking but ranking based on rallies driven on my server. RMPTS is its own competition and my server includes those rallies/stages that are driven in that competition but they are not the same thing.
PreviousNext

Return to Competitions