GT3 Endurance Series

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

power79
Community User Level: 3

Post by power79 » Mon May 20, 2013 11:51 am

... :lol:

Afinfas

Post by Afinfas » Mon May 20, 2013 12:36 pm

Teaser for next weekends race:

PB of 78.503s or 1:18.503s

This next track is huge and very hard to make some turns. I still dont have a clue whats the best line. Im very curious to see Dede, mike or our PTM champion making some laps on it so i can learn a bit some turns. Last 1/3 of the track has very strange turns!!! :o
"Dont forget to be happy!"

KiWi
Community User Level: 1

Post by KiWi » Mon May 20, 2013 2:05 pm

tumansk is a good track too for this cars maybe in bonus for a fun race at the end of series ;)
so i ll train more for the next race (well i have already train for the first one :D)
So i 'll not block the others.
Questions:
There's no draft in TS?
Braking is not good on TS? seems fast guys don't use it.

Afinfas

Post by Afinfas » Mon May 20, 2013 2:18 pm

KiWi wrote:tumansk is a good track too for this cars maybe in bonus for a fun race at the end of series ;)
so i ll train more for the next race (well i have already train for the first one :D)
So i 'll not block the others.
Questions:
There's no draft in TS?
Braking is not good on TS? seems fast guys don't use it.
Well, im not at all a pro but, i realized that there are several different ways of driving cars on TS. Some dont break much, only release gas and others do break often. But for what im starting to understand the trick is to give a short hard break at a time and then let go. But it has to be on the right spot! ;)

Check some replays to see how the guys that win races do. You see when a car breaks when theres smoke coming out of it!
I´ve learnt a bit simply by observing replays! :)

But wait for more answers from the more experienced drivers! I dont win races so im not the right guy to answer you i guess!

dede
Community User Level: 5

Post by dede » Mon May 20, 2013 2:38 pm

Afinfas wrote:Check some replays to see how the guys that win races do. You see when a car breaks when theres smoke coming out of it!
Unless we are eco-driving, that's a completely different driving style. However, fastest way to drive curves is to break "all in once" and then full speed after that. Tijny is a master at that. I remember that I couldn't notice how he drove 0.2sec faster on default tracks driving exactly the same lines as me. When I changed my driving style I managed to get some records too.

KiWi

Post by KiWi » Mon May 20, 2013 3:51 pm

yeah i check record i have replayed the race today :)
Dede what do u mean by "all in once" i brake all the curves?

Afinfas

Post by Afinfas » Mon May 20, 2013 3:59 pm

KiWi wrote:yeah i check record i have replayed the race today :)
Dede what do u mean by "all in once" i brake all the curves?
He means that on a certain turn they only brake ONE time and thats it. But that time is a hard one (of course depending on the turn type). And then they start right away accelerating!! ;)

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Mon May 20, 2013 4:01 pm

dede wrote:However, fastest way to drive curves is to break "all in once" and then full speed after that.
Yes, but the all-in-once thing is really not the most important thing with anti-sliding cars such as the GT3 ones - the crucial thing is the point where you start accelerating again. For example, you can brake before a hairpin with one key press, but if you're too late and can't accelerate until after the apex, you will end up losing _much_ more time than if you brake too early (but in shorter bursts) and start to accelerate at the right time. I sometimes use the latter technique, and it really doesn't hurt my laptimes as much as you might think.

Afinfas

Post by Afinfas » Mon May 20, 2013 4:04 pm

Tijny wrote:
dede wrote:However, fastest way to drive curves is to break "all in once" and then full speed after that.
Yes, but the all-in-once thing is really not the most important thing with anti-sliding cars such as the GT3 ones - the crucial thing is the point where you start accelerating again. For example, you can brake before a hairpin with one key press, but if you're too late and can't accelerate until after the apex, you will end up losing _much_ more time than if you brake too early (but in shorter bursts) and start to accelerate at the right time. I sometimes use the latter technique, and it really doesn't hurt my laptimes as much as you might think.
Please make a lap on the next track of this competition! :) Im very curious to see whats your approach to the hard turns! Weird turns there!! :shock:

If you can post here a replay with that would be awesome! Thanks! ;)

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Mon May 20, 2013 5:11 pm

Afinfas wrote: Please make a lap on the next track of this competition! :) Im very curious to see whats your approach to the hard turns! Weird turns there!! :shock:

If you can post here a replay with that would be awesome! Thanks! ;)
Damn man, now I had to wank a perfect lap because anything less is just not good enough to post... do you have any idea how hard it is to drive a perfect lap on this track? Hint: it's not as easy as it looks in the video. Still not quite there yet, without a few minor mistakes in the lower left part it would be closer to 1:17.7, but it'll have to do.

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Mon May 20, 2013 5:20 pm

Tijny wrote:...it's not as easy as it looks in the video
Photoshop!

Afinfas

Post by Afinfas » Mon May 20, 2013 5:47 pm

Tijny wrote: Damn man, now I had to wank a perfect lap because anything less is just not good enough to post... do you have any idea how hard it is to drive a perfect lap on this track? Hint: it's not as easy as it looks in the video. Still not quite there yet, without a few minor mistakes in the lower left part it would be closer to 1:17.7, but it'll have to do.
Perfect driving!!! Man!! :D Thanks...im surprised as i almost make the same approach to the hard turns as you. A bit different but so drastic as i thought!

MAN....im 0.6s slower then you WTF! And i bet you made a single practice session!!! But im so happy im not even close to dominating TS otherwise i would loose interest as i lost with NSGP! ;)

Thanks for the replay...will be helpfull you bet!

Afinfas

Post by Afinfas » Sun May 26, 2013 1:52 pm

It seems i wont be able to start race today! :(

If by any chance i arrive at home in time i´ll try of course but is most likely not gonna happen.
Wish you all fun tonight and someone please get the sure win from Dede, Mike or Eddie! Its about time that they start not winning races every weekend! I race for that!! :lol: Well, and to have fun of course!

dede

Post by dede » Sun May 26, 2013 2:32 pm

Afinfas wrote:Wish you all fun tonight and someone please get the sure win from Mike or Eddie!
Fixed.

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Sun May 26, 2013 3:27 pm

Duh, I'm having some major problems with my PC so don't count on me tonight either. Seems there's a curse on me in this cup.

KiWi

Post by KiWi » Sun May 26, 2013 4:45 pm

Well now that the others good drivers go out it'll be beetween dede and me sorry dede u 'll not win this time.
Joking mod :)
seriously
am again confused with gtm so now it's 18.45pm so the race start at what time for me?
thx

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Sun May 26, 2013 5:01 pm

KiWi wrote:Well now that the others good drivers go out it'll be beetween dede and me sorry dede u 'll not win this time.
Joking mod :)
seriously
am again confused with gtm so now it's 18.45pm so the race start at what time for me?
thx
HERE is the clock. Just wait for 8:00 p.m. (or 20:00).

KiWi

Post by KiWi » Sun May 26, 2013 5:26 pm

Shit i must do something in real life i 'll try to do it fast for to be at the correct time but not sure :/
Thx whisplash for the clock :)

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Sun May 26, 2013 7:21 pm

AHUEHUAHUEAHUEHUA LANZ!!!
Man, seems like I didn't understand what the perfect pit strategy should be. I always thought that 100% 100% + XX% is the best. Even I was faster than Woki and Lanz on the track, those bastards still managed to come in front of me after the last pit visiting. Luckily Lanz am amateur. Sweet revenge after previous race. :twisted:

P:S:
And Woki, fix the f*** car pats finally. You tried to make it better in battles, but you did totally opposite thing - now they're always thinking they can go trough the other cars easily and do stupid attacks.

xzeal

Post by xzeal » Sun May 26, 2013 7:50 pm

Well...

Qualy: 9/12?
Race:
Fuel: 100/100/75/75
1st stint - At the start: trying to take it easy, Diego overtakes me and starts fighting power - they get a lot of contact in one turn and I somehow overtake them both at the same time and get quie a gap. About lap 3 power and Diego catch up and overtake me. Lap 6 ahead of dede - f*** yeah! End of lap 7 I pit and get enough time to change the horrible 12 min song that popped up on winamp also + 100% fuel.

2nd stint - Do my racing get a bit bored and got a near heartattack when lapping Kiwi. He nearly stopped in the middle of the road way too early in a curve where I only tap brake once, manage to dodge at the last second turning the next curve into a death trap, baerly managed to avoid the post and just go really really wide.
Lap 13 I was 3.rd!!!! Dede fool could not catch me.
Lap 14 pit and I figured I shouldnt make my last stint a 3 lap one, so I put 75%.

3rd Stint -

cant remember much, other than getting a good feel for the car and track (finally). pit at end of lap 19 and 75%

4.th stint -

Diego vs xzeal - first longer fight on the track for me. caught up pretty fast diego went a bit wide on the sand and I almost crashed into him when he was getting back on track. that was lap~21. So then that moron started racing faster... ffs. made a bit of a mistake myself 2 laps before the end and dropped behind again. Last lap was... weird we made absurd mistakes, me a bit fewer - got really close and then 4-5 turns before the end he crashed in a wall and I crashed into him, then we got a bit rougher which ended with a fairly rough overtake in the last lap by me. Well he said he was going to let me pass so... meh.

Total 8.th - nice for there to be someone for me to race against for once, usually the finish looks like this : 1-4 "fast people" [big time gap] 5-10 "ok people"[big time gap] 11 "me" [big time gap] 12-16 "people new to the game"

Mike Nike

Post by Mike Nike » Sun May 26, 2013 9:45 pm

although i won in ptm one race already, which was already a bit of a "finally!"-result after quite a long time not having any chance vs dede and tijny, winning this race felt a bit better.
even i did quite a few mistakes and dede just had 15 laps practice before race, i was still happy with my pace, which was probably a sign of being able to be more challengable than i used to be vs tijny and dede in those fuel-saving-races.

apparently i had to practice a lot local to actually get more used to this driving style.
actually my first 25 lap attempt ended up in just a 78.8x pb. a 2nd serious attempt with full throttle driving style improved it to a frustrating 78.599, feeling able to get a 78.3-78.4 but it felt just so damn hard to not fk up good laps^^
while alfonso already had a 78.5 and tijny a 77.9 with 77.7 chance, i had to reinstall windows 7 for some other virus-related reason.
after that i couldnt really get back my gfx settings with black side borders. so for some reason i was a bit forced to drive in high resolution 1600x1050, going down in zoom quite a bit, so i would see my car more tiny than usual, which use to make me suck more in timing.
in the end, driving high resolution, low zoom (tiny car) and the fuel-saving driving style felt like a bit of the tijny-settings.
so in order to beat tijnys likely sick quali and race pace, all i gotta do is to be challengable in "his settings". haha, easy said after basicly years of using an other driving style -.-
luckily i flew over tijnys words in the forum - since i read only the half, i kinda misinterpreted them in a lucky way, that i actually changed or adjusted my driving style with a bit of hope that it turns out well.
and wow, i drove a 78.1x in notime! i still had quite some problems with the driving style and some curves in that track just kept on screwing up my fingers, so sometimes i flew into using the full throttle style to not mess up a lap..
anyway, soon i drove a 77.932 as well, with a not so good first half lap (right after a 78.10x lap), knowing i could go for a 77.7x at least, as well.

since my sleep rithm was screwed up though, i stood up late and had only 11 laps practice time before the race and went constantly bad 0.5sec off pace.

warmup:
i could luckily keep up with dede, but for my suprise at some point dede showed off quite a strong pace for his low amount of practice laps and flew away while i made mistakes and mistakes..

quali:
neither me or dede could get a mistakeless lap, but luckily i had the less sucky one, so pole + 1 pt for me.

race:

i was afraid of warpy first few curves and maybe more, due to driving in a tiny zoom, seeing more of the track = seeing more cars = more to handle for my gfx cards or something. so..first half lap was pretty warpy, even more than expected. even in 2nd lap there was still that kinda warp for a while. luckily i didnt went offroad and luckily dede fall back to 3rd place when getting blocked by my slow a**..
after making a bad lap 7 and dede stopping after lap 6 i felt kinda forced to race a duel without being in the same lap with dede..
since i didnt wanted to risk getting blocked, i filled a bit more in stop 2 and slightly in stop 3 as well.
did a couple of mistakes and tried to calculate stuff with tab stats in stint 2...dede being 6.5 sec in front though, not being sure how much fuel he filled, i couldnt really tell if that was a good sign.
for some reason i thought if the gap is 5 sec, we are close to each other, so feeling being 1.5 sec behind i felt quite frustrated and thought "how the hell am i supposed to get back 1.5 sec vs dede?".
so at some point i just tried to focus more, just drive steady fast laps and hope for being in lead when coming out of last pit.
coming out of 1st or 2nd pit, i had a quite nice low 78.4 lap - considering the filled fuel, maybe the best "relative" lap in the race.
also..probably before last pitstop or so, i had a solid fast lap coming, 78.3 i think, just around 5 sec after dede drove a new fastest lap with 78.4.
being confident ill catch the fastest lap there, i hoped for a little bit of a psychologic effect, as slightly it might be.
while driving the fastest lap motivates, getting beat by someone else 5 sec later, being kinda hunt, might take away a lot of motivation and probably puts up back some pressure as well.
whatever, dede managed to go slightly offroad quite short later and this might have been cruical..

so luckily it was the case, i came out of pits in front of dede, since he (i checked his race) also did a couple of mistakes (driving those low/middle 79.x laps when driving offroad 1-2 times).
unfortunately at some point szymek, who was likely on a 7 7 7 3 pit strategy was in front of us, so dede got a little closer due to overtaking him faster than me.
it probably looked a bit rough there when dede overtook szy, but i guess he wont matter, considering he knew he wasnt rly fighting for 1st place in that spot, although technical he had the right to not let us pass if he wanted to.
whatsoever, last 3 laps dede was less than 0.5 sec behind me. 1-2 laps ago or so my heart already started to pump a little. not much, just slightly..
but keeping the lead vs dede for 3 more laps wont be easy and i was mentally ready to screw it up^^
fortunately, or unfortunately..kiwi, who seemed to be more able to let people pass in this race compared to last race, came in our way.
i had to get off my ideal line a little bit, but unfortunately he blocked dede, where he probably lost 0.5 sec due to the bump.
but more important, i won a bit of a gap, which took away a bit of the important pressure factor, so dede eventually drove a few times offroad in the same lap, probably being fked up by kiwi, i can imagine.
at least i woulda gone like "F*** KIWI, GO OUT OF MY WAY!!" or something like that in my mind when getting blocked there and ended up screwing up my lap as consequence of frustration..
in the end, i had a somewhat good fastestlap-defending lap in last lap, but did a few mistakes, so dede, even sliding in one curve, did a nice job with his low 78.3.
on the other side, due to my local practice i guess i was quite comfortable with my lines, so it was actually not easy to mess up laps even being under pressure.

@xzeal
"I pit and get enough time to change the horrible 12 min song that popped up on winamp"

xD nice one

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Sun May 26, 2013 10:37 pm

Upload videos of last and this race someone. The server ones!

KiWi

Post by KiWi » Sun May 26, 2013 10:49 pm

really sorry Mike and Dede but it's already hard to let pass one car so 2 is really hard i was feeling sad for dede when i let u 're to pass and not him.
Maybe it' ll be better i exit this series and have a lot of more experience?

Lanz
Community User Level: 4
Community User Level: 4

Post by Lanz » Sun May 26, 2013 11:06 pm

Whiplash wrote:AHUEHUAHUEAHUEHUA LANZ!!!
lol!
yeah not nice finish for a not so bad race from me! i knew i had totally no chance to fight with dede/mike without practice but i thought the podium is totally possible! due to no practice i decided to take the easy solution and made 4 stints with 6 laps! and i was pretty sure i putted enough fuel into my car on last stop! i knew it could get close in the end with woki and wippe and it indeed was! after last stops i was on 3rd place with a small lead to woki but somehow i crashed in that fast bend allowing woki to pass me! already thought that the podium was gone but still i tried to fight back on woki! and indeed i totally overtook woki in the grass due to him defending the inside! not sure if that was even legal or not! at least i felt that it was an awesome move but in the same time that it was not really a fair one! anyway in the end it doesn't matter cos i lost the position to him and to wippe because of running out of fuel on the start/finish straight! patetic me! :lol:

Mike Nike

Post by Mike Nike » Sun May 26, 2013 11:17 pm

KiWi wrote:really sorry Mike and Dede but it's already hard to let pass one car so 2 is really hard i was feeling sad for dede when i let u 're to pass and not him.
Maybe it' ll be better i exit this series and have a lot of more experience?
i wonder what was different in this race compared to when we practiced together at your server. in practice you were just ~6 sec slower than me per lap. in the race your best lap was ~9 sec slower. and then the 1st lap...1min44 wtf - probably you had worst warps of all there or just couldnt handle them so well. you use zoom 0.6 you said, right?
what key settings you have, which resolution etc.? when i watched you racing, it looked like you didnt see curves coming. dont you use predictive camera?