GT3 Endurance Series

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Mike Nike
Community User Level: 5

Post by Mike Nike » Sun May 26, 2013 11:32 pm

^^lol lanz, just watched your race..what a pity indeed

filling too less in pits, then the crash. probably you woulda get 4th when blocking woki on the finishline even..argh -.-
save 3rd place gone. that sucks.

but hey, that overtaking vs woki was quite surprising and looked kinda cool^^..dunno if allowed or not, the grass cut there.. ptm you strictly disallowed cutting over grass. f1sl cutting to save time is forbidden. so probably that kinda overtake is allowed in gt3 and f1sl.

dede

Post by dede » Mon May 27, 2013 5:45 am

Mike's race analysis about me is already fine, so I won't write more than that. Perfect reading about his crucial fastest lap and for the end of the race happenings. It was a shame to lose this race, I would've won if I played with same pit laps as him, putting pressure lap after lap. For some reason I'm better when losing than when leading.

Wokinger
Community User Level: 3

Post by Wokinger » Mon May 27, 2013 6:38 am

Definetely overaking by cutting is not allowed, but We can say that lanz gave back position on last straight :D

My race? em. I knew that I was slow, so podium is big suprise for me ;)

KiWi
Community User Level: 1

Post by KiWi » Mon May 27, 2013 9:22 am

@Mike-nike yes i use 0.6 zoom and have a tiny screen but the problem was about me i was running for to be in time no TS training this day and the result is i have simply sucked this race also track is really not large i' ll be better next time i hope :)
I don't use predictive cam i don't see so much diff and the scree shake too much with it...
I use a xbox controler (it become old) and sometimes in long straight i can't turn so i go out of road but it's not happened in the race.
For pit i was smoking and when i have seen 100% my cigaret fall so i have drive to pit out without seeing the screen ^^

Mike Nike

Post by Mike Nike » Mon May 27, 2013 10:36 am

lol, i watched xzeals race

lap 1, xzeal: "okay, my car width is 32 and between the death wall right and the car left there are 32 pixel space. and the space to the car left to this car is 0 pixels. oh what the hell, im feeling lucky!"

i dont know what magic beer xzeal drunk there to magically pass those 2 cars and not screw up by crashing into the wall..
overtaking by cutting over grass not allowed?
let me quote xzeal, when he beefed diego in last curve last lap: "sue me"^^

diego though woulda let xzeal pass, after funnily copying a deep grass dive of xzeal in middle bottom part of lap 22 and (had a laugh flash here ->) making a hilarious crash in the upper left part of last lap and xzeal driving right into him^^ (xzeal wouldnt have crashed, but funny was that it looked like it and at the moment of the collision he was actually offroad with 100% pixels of his car)

imo genious way to overtake ;D..instead of passing a car who crashed in front of you, just follow him deep in the woods, so your crash "was the front car's fault", so when you are back on track later he has to let you pass and you just pass him on last curve ;D

2 scenes..
http://mikenike.mi.funpic.de/ts/public/ ... -diego.jpg
KiWi wrote:[lolstuff kiwi wrote..]
driving with xbox controller, smoking.. oh well, if it makes more fun to drive uberslow with a controller instead of fast but with the keyboard, i can say, go for it. i played quite a while poker 8-12h per day with just a controller leaning back in a rocking chair..fun++

but if you wanna drive faster, probably try a while with that 2 hands/4 finger system with arrow keys or something.

power79

Post by power79 » Mon May 27, 2013 10:56 am

Mike Nike wrote: driving with xbox controller, smoking.. oh well, if it makes more fun to drive uberslow with a controller instead of fast but with the keyboard, i can say, go for it. i played quite a while poker 8-12h per day with just a controller leaning back in a rocking chair..fun++

but if you wanna drive faster, probably try a while with that 2 hands/4 finger system with arrow keys or something.
Well, I am driving with PS3 gamepad, so KiWi can at least get to my level, if thats any consolation. :lol:
I can drive Antislider with kb but breaking is just so difficult/impossible to me(i have tried) that I have to use gamepad. I could learn braking with kb too, but I haven't found any difference in my lap times with anti, so maybe driving with controller is not that bad you make it sound. Or maybe it is and Im really a great driver just giving you all edge with my controller choice. :lol:

Afinfas

Post by Afinfas » Mon May 27, 2013 10:58 am

OMG!!!! :shock: I cant even imagine playing these kind of games with a controlller!!!! I simply cant, theres no feeling at all!
Keyboard is much more precise and quick. I also dont get those who play with the arrow keys with one hand only! I guess they just got used to it but...in my oppinion is a great handicap against the pther players who use 2 hands to play and no controller!
"Dont forget to be happy!"

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Mon May 27, 2013 11:15 am

dede, upload the videos of last 2 races.

Mike Nike

Post by Mike Nike » Mon May 27, 2013 11:27 am

also an option for kiwi, just to think about it this way:
if you use the full-throttle-drivingstyle, you basicly only have to use 3 different keys, kinda...
since 1 finger is always holding down acceleration (arrow key up), if not in pit. you consume max fuel, but who cares if that makes you much faster.

hmm..that reminds me^^..a few days ago when driving local, for some reason i had to drive a few sec with just my left hand, which turned out to be not as sucky as expected. i then tried 3 laps and made a satisfying 80.1x lap, driving with arrowkeys, 1 hand only (hard enough, but the weak left, omg^^)..
rofl..and a bit more offtopic..this reminds me to the days i pwned my friends at a racing game on the NES so much, i actually started to drive races upside down, the blood running into my head ^^, basicly needing to switch l/r and u/d ..not easy (but yes, i still won). damn i miss that nintendo, the real one still beats all the roms..

xzeal

Post by xzeal » Mon May 27, 2013 1:20 pm

Mike Nike wrote: i dont know what magic beer xzeal drunk there to magically pass those 2 cars and not screw up by crashing into the wall..
overtaking by cutting over grass not allowed?
let me quote xzeal, when he beefed diego in last curve last lap: "sue me"^^
Well the magic beer is called water, before that turn I was side by side with them and something had to give. That pic sure made me laugh out loud though, it sure felt like a whole LOT MORE room :D.

KiWi

Post by KiWi » Tue May 28, 2013 3:41 am

Well i have maid a test left right left right etc... with controller and keyboard the car turn faster in the same way with both ok it's more easy with keyboard (2fingers) but the time to turn for the car is the same ....
About the smoking stuff and the poker i don't understand all :)
@affinfas i have the same feeling driving controller or keyboard but i am more cnfurtable i m my armachair with a controller.

I have tried to steering with the controller triggers too but its the same ...

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:32 pm

Sorry there, but I just can't understand the rules in between of FC and fairplay. Why is it so hard to wait behind a player some time and find better moment for overtaking? After that Lanz's move, I just couldn't continue. I'm losing few laps while waiting for overtaking, and some bastard uses only one curve to take the position back, even if it's impossible to do on some fair way.
But, well, maybe I was just frustrated too much because I was too hungry. In other case, I would probably keep driving and only typing in my brain "WTF".

Afinfas

Post by Afinfas » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:08 pm

Kind of funny race for me....no practice at all meant that i couldnt fight for podium at all and Q showed it well, 6th with 9 players in play! :(

Started race and i was surprised that i was able to keep distance to front runners. Tried to keep a steady pace to take advantage of possible mistakes from other drivers and that was working for some time. I reached a point were i was 3rd but i soon started losing focus. Mainly i think it has to do with the pitstops...always thinking how much should i put, and converting 7/32 to 8 laps, and..... conclusion. I always get messed up with this way of counting laps and that influences quite some my pitstops. Dont want to find excuses as i know i was quite slower compared to front racers but stilll...this point doesnt help AT ALL!

Im sorry to Wisplah if i made you crah. I think it was you. I closed the turn and you got stuck on a rail... also sorry to Martin as he got stuck on a rail as well when trying to overtake me in an almost impossible place to do it. This time i decided that i wasnt going to open my way for him to pass cause he´s always very rough on takeovers so i closed the door to see if he would back off...he didnt so...he got stuck to rail. I think this event made him rage quit! Im sorry for that man, not my intention to make other angry or anything negative, but as i said, today i didnt want to let go an aggressive driver just like that so..i made it hard! 8)

Wont be able to show up one more time next weekend which means that my drop down races are out! I would have to show up in all races in order to be able to fight for something.

See you soon...

ps: Forgot to say that i had a funny fight with shymek and even with whisplash for a while. :)

Lanz
Community User Level: 4
Community User Level: 4

Post by Lanz » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:09 pm

Whiplash wrote:After that Lanz's move, I just couldn't continue.
i hitted your back twice, nothing more, probs you mean someone else! but you should be clear about that we are racing here!

Afinfas

Post by Afinfas » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:37 pm

Lanz wrote:
Whiplash wrote:After that Lanz's move, I just couldn't continue.
i hitted your back twice, nothing more, probs you mean someone else! but you should be clear about that we are racing here!
Probably he wanted to say about me. I think it was with me that he crashed and quit. If so, i say again, not on purpose. Sorry mate!

power79

Post by power79 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:38 pm

Afinfas wrote:also sorry to Martin as he got stuck on a rail as well when trying to overtake me in an almost impossible place to do it. This time i decided that i wasnt going to open my way for him to pass cause he´s always very rough on takeovers so i closed the door to see if he would back off...he didnt so...he got stuck to rail.
I watched this situation and while im not an expert i would go on Mrtn's side on this. As I see it he was already passed at least half way you when you sided him to that rail. Of course Mrtn is also quite rough driver (though can't really tell cause im always light years behind) so maybe he was "asking" for it. Maybe it was ok move for this competition but I would say that kind of aggressiveness doesn't suit you Alfonso, go back to normal mode. :wink:

ps. And yes, it was you who also came through grass and pushed Whiplash. Quite an achievement to make two players rage-quit before 3 laps was driven. :lol:

szymek66
Community User Level: 2
Community User Level: 2

Post by szymek66 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:47 pm

power79 wrote:
Afinfas wrote:also sorry to Martin as he got stuck on a rail as well when trying to overtake me in an almost impossible place to do it. This time i decided that i wasnt going to open my way for him to pass cause he´s always very rough on takeovers so i closed the door to see if he would back off...he didnt so...he got stuck to rail.
I watched this situation and while im not an expert i would go on Mrtn's side on this. As I see it he was already passed at least half way you when you sided him to that rail. Of course Mrtn is also quite rough driver (though can't really tell cause im always light years behind) so maybe he was "asking" for it. Maybe it was ok move for this competition but I would say that kind of aggressiveness doesn't suit you Alfonso, go back to normal mode. :wink:

ps. And yes, it was you who also came through grass and pushed Whiplash. Quite an achievement to make two players rage-quit before 3 laps was driven. :lol:
Lol, seems even REI couldn't achieve this recently, congratz :D

Afinfas

Post by Afinfas » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:55 pm

I dont know what to say, if thank you for the compliment :lol: or that im really sorry for causing bad feelings in some guys! :oops:

Yeah, i guess i didnt drive very fair on this race, at least on those 2 moments. I didnt wanted to put them on rail but simply to make it hard the take over, specially to Martin. If you see the moments before the incident with him you all can see how aggressive he tries to takeover so i kind of feel always under pressure cause i know there will be almost always contact on the next turn!!!

Will switch back to my normal modus again! :)

Mike Nike

Post by Mike Nike » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:55 pm

circumstances

stood up too early today, so i got tired at 3 gmt, eyes started hurting at 4 gmt, race preparation was consequently tough, since eyes were closing. also after 30ish laps i actually got a cut in my finger due to accelerating too long. the burning feeling, the eyes, but still "only" 4-5 sec off my 34min03ish racedistance pace with 5 mistakes or so compared to my pace with 2 mistakes or so.
fl practice was only 58.75, hardly getting laps under 59... compared to my 58.510 pb, being able to drive many laps in a row under 59...

warmup
crazy warpy, apparently i drove the fastest lap with my high fuel. tried to change my gfx settings, but didnt help.

quali
anyway, ghostrace, just 1 warp or so in lap 3 or 4. 4 laps under 59, so pole was there, even i only drove a high 58.8x.

race
omg -.-...now these warps are a really big problem. first seconds without warps were probably a few seconds on the upper straight in lap 3 and a short part at the middle right part of the track. it was all about not getting offroad and not beefing anyone. i managed to lose only 2 positions and figured it makes sense to drive with spacekey activating the black border on the bottom of the screen to get a little bit less warps on the one hand...and to stop 2 laps earlier in order to drive in a low-warp-zone.
while stint 1 was a ridiculous slow c-lap joke:
1:04.572c 1:01.178c 1:00.439c 1:00.276c 1:00.303c 1:00.405c 1:08.774c
compared to local:
1:01.925 59.298 59.227 59.535 59.544 59.180 59.730 59.067 1:06.851
see the difference? :P

stint 2, after a mistake in pits.. was luckily less filled with warps due to less cars around my neck..

1:00.364 59.749 59.999 59.291 59.559 59.285 1:07.299
compared to local..not too far away off pace
59.418 59.542 59.430 59.230 59.240 1:06.94

stint 3..well, i made a mistake there, smelling i would come out right behind lanz, still hoping to maybe come in front - i shouldnt have risked it..and yeah, i came out behind lanz, damnit^^..luckily me with more fuel.
so...2-3 laps behind lanz, little bit fuel saving, little bit warphandling, little bit "kiwi"-factor..overtook lanz (he kinda looked like having warps there as well), back to a somewhat solid pace:

59.887 1:00.012 59.884c 59.466 59.244 59.318 59.235 1:06.818
compared to local
59.137 59.763 59.346 59.344 59.477 59.575 1:06.907

last stint was kinda solid again, where it felt like i gained 5-10 sec to place 2 or so..
59.587 59.420 59.209 59.213 59.153 59.153 58.997
local:
59.414 59.319 58.969 59.427 59.070 59.035 59.022 (okay local was still a step better)

race result
[x] Mike Nike pos 1 (time: 34:17.481, 32 laps), best lap: 32 (58.997)
local
[x] Mike Nike pos 1 (time: 34:03.950, 32 laps), best lap: 28 (58.969)
prerace practice:
[x] Mike Nike pos 1 (time: 34:08.407, 32 laps), best lap: 8 (59.046)

so, horrible racetotaltime for my taste. a dede or tijny without practice and without warps and im done.
so..i hope for some kinda change in next races, so warps arent so big anymore.

@whip/alfonso/lanz
yeah, i think lanz "only" whipped whip from behind a little, questionable overtake, but the real roughness came from alfonso, in case my warpy replay is actually telling the truth about alfonso cutting the grass and sidepushing whiplash with a bit of an overspeed.

@kiwi/wokinger
kiwi, i guess you drove backward in pits, spoke during race, left the game with the car on track resulting to block szymek in the very last race. im afraid this should "keep you" at least from the rest of the races of this season just to be on the safer side for the other drivers. although..kiwi wasnt the only car parking his car close to the driving line..i got lucky i didnt lose more time than i did due to the 2 cars in that middle part.

power79

Post by power79 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:20 pm

Mike Nike wrote: so..i hope for some kinda change in next races, so warps arent so big anymore.
Maybe you should look at your settings because I haven't had any warps at these F1 servers and I think I have more distance(middle of Finland - ping ~79) to them than you. Yes, client replays are warpy but racing should not be (and yes, i know im always driving alone behind others hehe). Edit: btw I drive with Zoom 0.6@1920x1080 so theres plenty of track on my screen.

Nice to have one driver (Gzehoo) who is close to my level. We had nice battle and I think I lost because I filled too much for last stint not being sure if Im getting lapped (1 less lap to drive). And of course I did as soon as I came out from pit. He had nice tactics and maybe just slightly faster pace.

Afinfas

Post by Afinfas » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:32 pm

Ok i just watched replay for those incidents and...

Me and Whisplash: Yeah, i pushed too hard the take over. I made that cause he made a strange approach to the turn going very wide so i tried to go on the inside but these cars take a long time to turn so i went wide and pushed him to grass. :( I went on grass but wasnt with intention actually, you can see on other laps i was constantly messing that turn up!! :( And Whisplah besides everything you could have continued...cmon! I guess this incident with me was the drop of water coming out of the full glass, as you had already other contacts before. You didnt even gave me the change to let you pass again.

Me and Martin: He was forcing a lot the take over as you can see on first 2 laps and i was kind of getting pissed with it so i tried to defend hard, i guess it was too hard for what i can see on replay. If there wasnt so much contact from him before, im sure this wouldnt have happened. In any case i say im sorry.

On a scale of hardness from 1 to 10 (being 10 very hard), i classify these two events like this:

Martin: 8
Whisplash: 5
Last edited by Afinfas on Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

KiWi

Post by KiWi » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:16 am

Hum i was banned from the cup but strange ok i have take the pit in wrong way but after this i have drived some laps without prob and then magically i was banned so it's not my fault if my car was stayed on the road i can't reenter the race for to place it.
and this time i have only touch one guys so i don't disturbed so much the race.
Anyway great job mike when i have seen u're qualif i have said OMG is powned all here u were really faster even with these warps.
By the way i have replays without warps in case of somebody is interested for to do a video :)
Again i have sucked but i would finish the race at least :(

Afinfas

Post by Afinfas » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:46 am

Yeah i dont really agree with banning persons for things that are not very important. This makes persons go away from the game. For what i can see Kiwi is not a unfair guy, he´s just adapting to the game and not knowing when to let a faster guy to pass is legitim. Ok he drove backwards, but it didnt caused any troubles i think so, i would give a penalty instead of banning. Maybe not setting Q on next race!!? Just an idea!

Ofcourse there are guys who should be banned if they make Sh#$. Like driving backwards with the intention to hit someone or disturb the normal flow of the race. Or block on purpose just to piss of a guy...otherwise, no ban for me!

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:15 am

I'm not complaining about Alfonfas's attack. I was already thinking there to go out.
It's about lanz. I think here should be 1 new rule added in order to make things clear for some people:
"Don't touch cars in front of you even if you're faster!"

As you see, I was taking bad driving lines whole time while fallowing the traffic in front of me. It's much better than just push people if they are on your driving line.
You always say: Oh, but this is a racing man!
Yes, but this isn't ghost racing. You can't just go trough other people without any throttle releasing or braking.
If there is a traffic, be patient. Or let's just play FC.

Mike Nike

Post by Mike Nike » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:29 am

i agree with alfonso that kiwi is not actually an unfair player. i felt more like reporting that he drove bw in pits and parked his car on the track close to the driving line, which might count as ruining his 2nd chance before getting banned for the season. im with the last actually who would do something against new players. NoLo ftw etc.. its just that kiwi had the idea as well to maybe forfeit this season. kiwi, driving a league for his own, is a bit of a random-moving dangerous object on the track, like objects in mario kart :P, dont take that bad, kiwi. i kinda wish i could do more making him improve his skills..

@whip
yeah. a little touch from behind can make the front car go bad. worst is if you touch someone and he goes offroad and you have to wait for him and 2-x cars pass you in the meanwhile..
but easier said than done. sometimes you try to overtake and just end up bumping into the front car because he defends his line and you dont avoid the collision early enough.
haha, im up for a ghost race series anyway :P..that would mean way less warps for me hehe