GT3 Endurance Series

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Afinfas
Community User Level: 3

Post by Afinfas » Sat May 11, 2013 4:56 pm

As i said before...i wount be able to play this weekend but i will be there next one! The white/grey Mercedes for me!!? :)

Cool that a new competition is on!!!
"Dont forget to be happy!"

Wokinger

Post by Wokinger » Sat May 11, 2013 7:01 pm

Lanz wrote:are you planning to add a drop to the results? cos i'm afraid that i miss 1 race in the next weeks!
1 or 2 worst results. Need to decide.

xzeal

Re: GT3 Endurance Series

Post by xzeal » Sun May 12, 2013 1:58 pm

Wokinger wrote: Calendar:

Test Race - Shepig (USA) - 30 laps - Sunday 12 May 2013 @ 18:00 GMT
FYI it is a really bad idea to display times in "GMT" since almost all of us live in countries that follow daylight savings time. GMT does not.

And yes daylight savings time is stupid. stupid stupid stupid.

Anyway, see you in 4 hours (that is if I do not get distracted).

Wokinger

Post by Wokinger » Sun May 12, 2013 5:10 pm

To make sure everyone won't make mistake. It's 1 hour to start test race.

21:00 - Finland, Estonia
20:00 - Central Europe (most of us)
19:00 - UK, Portugal

Whiplash
Community User Level: 5

Post by Whiplash » Sun May 12, 2013 7:22 pm

This will not be a bad competition. I only didn't know that car pats are so tin. Seems they're just one line. :P Also, car images could be centralized better.
I liked the pit visiting length (enough time to relax a bit).

Wokinger

Post by Wokinger » Sun May 12, 2013 7:24 pm

Whiplash wrote:This will not be a bad competition. I only didn't know that car pats are so tin. Seems they're just one line. :P
I prefer smaller pats. It's better to close fights.

But I make this competition for whole community, so just tell me if you prefer smaller one or normal. ;)

Hevonen
Community User Level: 2
Community User Level: 2

Post by Hevonen » Sun May 12, 2013 7:27 pm

Well because my style is to drive throttle on all the time, it uses more fuel which is fine but its not fair that I have to make more pit stops because of it. Like now we need exactly 400% of fuel to finish, make it 450% or 468% or something. Also makes it more interesting for everyone to try different strategies.

And explain why I lost 5 seconds to whip in the first pit stops?
Last edited by Hevonen on Sun May 12, 2013 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Sun May 12, 2013 7:29 pm

Wokinger wrote:
Whiplash wrote:This will not be a bad competition. I only didn't know that car pats are so tin. Seems they're just one line. :P
I prefer smaller pats. It's better to close fights.

But I make this competition for whole community, so just tell me if you prefer smaller one or normal. ;)
Wtf, you should make it to be 1 pixel then.
Listen, do not count spoiler as a car's pat and as a part of car's image. That's why car's image isn't centralized well, and car looks like it's jumping if you turn it closely. You will feel it if you position car to prefect 0-180 angle and then try to turn it slowly left-right. You will see that it jumps.

power79

Post by power79 » Sun May 12, 2013 7:31 pm

Hevonen wrote:Well because my style is to drive throttle on all the time, it uses more fuel which is fine but its not fair that I have to make more pit stops because of it. Like now we need exactly 400% of fuel to finish, make it 450% or 468% or something. Also makes it more interesting for everyone to try different strategies.
Same. Optimal strategy for me would have been fill tank to 90% and make that extra stop but I realised that too late. Lots of time lost.

I think if fuel consumption were slower but damage would have more effect on speed then there could be more tactical side to racing.

Mike Nike

Post by Mike Nike » Sun May 12, 2013 7:46 pm

Hevonen wrote:Well because my style is to drive throttle on all the time, it uses more fuel which is fine but its not fair that I have to make more pit stops because of it. Like now we need exactly 400% of fuel to finish, make it 450% or 468% or something. Also makes it more interesting for everyone to try different strategies.

i did a full race as practice local. first 7 laps i drove full throttle and used almost 100 percent...so 14%/lap...then i drove 8 laps saving fuel like crazy and needed only 12%/lap, but my pace was at least 0.5s/lap slower due to rolling out so often and a bit by sucking with that driving style^^
so hev, due to long pits i guess we were forced to do a 3 stopper and do at least 2 stints with fuel saving.

the race, lol..i thought id have a somewhat easy win vs dede (and woki) there with my testing and strategy, but dedes fuelsaving pace is way better than mine, so the 1st stint lead (lead + 5% less fuel used and 5% are like 2 seconds less to be in pits) didnt hold up. 2nd stint consumption was still 3% less compared to dede, but i warped offroad and lost 3-4 seconds. another sec or more i lost in stint 3 or so when lapping and getting irritated, missing breakpoint and going offroad.

only 3rd place in the end...4sec or so to woki, 7-8 to dede, quite disappointing i wouldnt have won anyway -.- (although, i woulda been longer in front of dede and blocking him seemed to be important)

in the end, with that 10p idle consumption it really feels sucky to drive, not so much enjoyable if you drive and feel like a snake all the time, trying to save fuel, rolling out early and behind you ppl cry "fk mike, make place you slow ***"^^
id very likely prefer to start every race in last place and have 100p idle consumption instead :S

Wokinger

Post by Wokinger » Sun May 12, 2013 7:46 pm

power79 wrote:
Same. Optimal strategy for me would have been fill tank to 90% and make that extra stop but I realised that too late. Lots of time lost.

I think if fuel consumption were slower but damage would have more effect on speed then there could be more tactical side to racing.
I see what you mean. I will make a bit shorter races then.

ex. Shepig wouldn't be 30 laps (at least 2 8laps stints with 3 stops strategy), but 28 laps (4 x 7 laps stints).

Lanz
Community User Level: 4

Post by Lanz » Sun May 12, 2013 8:08 pm

strange pc crash during warm up, luckily it didn't happen during the race! missed those laps towards the race and quali! 1st stint was kinda nice! but since i had no clue how much fuel to put in the tank i lost the contact to dede and mike! from then on race was a bit boring but still enjoyable! took me ages to get used to the car! 4th place was all i could achieve today!

dede

Post by dede » Sun May 12, 2013 9:19 pm

I liked the racing, car was easier to drive than to put in correct folder. I have the feeling that Tijny will have much better pace, so training will be important but hopefully easier than PTM.

I will miss some races, I guess. Maybe even first one :(

xzeal

Post by xzeal » Sun May 12, 2013 9:43 pm

the "drive throttle on all the time" is faster so it should use more fuel.

This is like THE ONLY advantage I will ever get so I would be very displeased if we changed it. I get enough of a disadvantage from the damage system: had crash in first corner and boom 86%(there was a pile up) not to mention there is quite a bit of contact down there at the places where I am racing. I feel much comfortable playing rough racing (beefing allowed/not does not matter), so how about we do not change the one thing that gives the slow guys a bit of an edge, eh?

Apparently my "to the max" is the same as Mikes "saving fuel like crazy"...

Wokinger

Post by Wokinger » Mon May 13, 2013 5:22 pm

Changes after test race:

1. I recalculated length of races. Now it should be easier to make 3-stop strategy.

2. Cars pat file has been changed. 3 new cars added (2 ferraris and 1 mclaren). So dede can choose ferrari now :D
DOWNLOAD NEW PACK!

3. Cars hit effected deleted.

4. 2 worst results aren't counted to final standings.

And that's all. If u have any more suggestions, please write them!

EDIT:

dede, whiplash, pingu, popowitch, Kiwi, Alukin, kikiriki choose car, which you can drive. There is rule: 1 car = 1 driver.

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Mon May 13, 2013 5:41 pm

Yellow Audi is mine bitch! #13 if I remember well.

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Mon May 13, 2013 5:45 pm

Wokinger wrote:3 new cars added (2 ferraris and 1 mclaren). So dede can choose ferrari now :D
uh! :lol:

dede

Post by dede » Mon May 13, 2013 5:56 pm

No time to check how they look, so put me on 72!

Wokinger

Post by Wokinger » Mon May 13, 2013 6:00 pm

dede wrote:No time to check how they look, so put me on 72!
Here you have list of all cars: http://student.agh.edu.pl/~wokinger/WEC/cars/

(those cars you can see in 1st post as well ;))

dede

Post by dede » Tue May 14, 2013 5:27 am

Are we allowed to race with owr own colors or we need to stick to red in order to keep car color the same as it shows in the png? If I can drive with Italian flag, then give me number 71!

Wokinger

Post by Wokinger » Tue May 14, 2013 8:06 am

dede wrote:Are we allowed to race with owr own colors or we need to stick to red in order to keep car color the same as it shows in the png? If I can drive with Italian flag, then give me number 71!
It's suggested to keep color, but there is no such an obligation. ;)

KiWi
Community User Level: 1

Post by KiWi » Wed May 15, 2013 1:23 pm

ok i ll go for the run :) i like this little gt i choose the same car than the test race (that i don't have drive because after the start count the end race XD.
so #69 Mc Laren for me :)

when is the next race ?
Sorry i have read first posts but they are so many date :p

I 'll try to not disturb or block u on the road :D

power79

Post by power79 » Wed May 15, 2013 1:48 pm

KiWi wrote:ok i ll go for the run :) i like this little gt i choose the same car than the test race (that i don't have drive because after the start count the end race XD.
so #69 Mc Laren for me :)

when is the next race ?
Sorry i have read first posts but they are so many date :p

I 'll try to not disturb or block u on the road :D
As you can see from first post, races are every sunday. I think Szymek has already taken #69 McLaren car. You have to choose one that has not been taken yet.

KiWi

Post by KiWi » Wed May 15, 2013 2:52 pm

yep i have seen :) so #72 Ferrari its a good KiWi Car ^^.
These gt are good to drive i enjoy its a little like the punagameplay but better steering.

Edit:
I train on the track but is the fuel settings i have are the same as for the race?
tyre wear too i know theres some info on the first post but a clear answer 'll be good so what do i need to train in race conditions but offline ofcourse.

power79

Post by power79 » Wed May 15, 2013 6:08 pm

KiWi wrote: I train on the track but is the fuel settings i have are the same as for the race?
tyre wear too i know theres some info on the first post but a clear answer 'll be good so what do i need to train in race conditions but offline ofcourse.
I would just start server with master server disabled. And then you can give these commands and play:
/fuel 1 480 40 10 3
/set ForceDamage 2
/set MaxEnergy 50000
/set MaxCarHitEffect 0
/set MaxWallHitEffect 10000
/set FullRepairTime 100
/set MaxSlowdown 0.030000
/set SlowdownStartLimit 1.000000

Easier would be but those commands in macros.ini file like this:
Begin gte
/fuel 1 480 40 10 3
/set ForceDamage 2
/set MaxEnergy 50000
/set MaxCarHitEffect 0
/set MaxWallHitEffect 10000
/set FullRepairTime 100
/set MaxSlowdown 0.030000
/set SlowdownStartLimit 1.000000
End

And then just give server command:
/run gte

If you don't want to open (local) server then you can put those values to game.ini file. There you can find "# Fuel settings" and "# Damage settings" with default values. Just change the values and then start the game.