GT3 Endurance Series

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

KiWi
Community User Level: 1

Post by KiWi » Sun May 19, 2013 4:00 pm

Its 18h o clock anybody? what i have missed?

Afinfas
Community User Level: 3

Post by Afinfas » Sun May 19, 2013 4:39 pm

KiWi wrote:Its 18h o clock anybody? what i have missed?
LOL

18:00 GMT time, which means its not now but in 1 hour and 21 minutes from now on! ;)
"Dont forget to be happy!"

KiWi

Post by KiWi » Sun May 19, 2013 4:51 pm

Thx :p

Wokinger

Post by Wokinger » Sun May 19, 2013 5:02 pm

Matic wrote:Porsche for me
Which one? :>

KiWi

Post by KiWi » Sun May 19, 2013 5:51 pm

hum one hour and 21 mn nothing ^^ its finally 20 h pm ?

dede
Community User Level: 5

Post by dede » Sun May 19, 2013 5:56 pm

5min now :)

Wokinger

Post by Wokinger » Sun May 19, 2013 5:58 pm

2 minutes and empty server :D

KiWi

Post by KiWi » Sun May 19, 2013 7:17 pm

Well all was here :) but doesn't the 2 last guys was disconnected?
Its very good to see a large start grid with human players u guys are so fast Oo but i have enjoyed and i haven't make a big crash so i am happy u_u

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Sun May 19, 2013 7:17 pm

Blah, that was so painful race:
-Hevonen accidentally blocked me in first part of the race. I expected that he'll at least pass me like a man, but he actually used the situation in order to get his position back. And some of those tries were pretty too aggressive.
-KiWi tried to race against me even he was 2 laps behind. He was also acting idiot in the pit (driving backwards and stuff).
-dede, f moron, refueling while staying on 2 pit boxes.
-I somehow miscalculated my fuel, and had to go one more time in last lap. :oops: Lost position by Lanz.

All in all, I sucked.
Last edited by Whiplash on Sun May 19, 2013 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

power79

Post by power79 » Sun May 19, 2013 7:28 pm

I did sim race with right fuel settings and I consumed ~12.5%/lap. So I was expecting that I have to make 4 stops. Then in race fuel consumption is suddenly 11%/lap which I noticed too late. I made 4 stops(now with wrong fills too) like my plan was even I could have made just 3.

I can't do sim races if fuel consumption is not same at server race and local client. I keep acceleration pressed all the time and I thought it would consume more fuel?

Probably didn't cost any positions, cause I suck but I thought I made a good tactic for my self and maybe, just MAYBE wouldn't get lapped by everybody this time. And all that planning time totally wasted.

Mike Nike

Post by Mike Nike » Sun May 19, 2013 7:34 pm

Whiplash wrote: -dede, f moron, refueling while staying on 2 pit boxes.
wtf i hoped that was possible for me in 1st pit. since it didnt work, i lost around 0.9-1.0sec -.-
dede with a short lead there and 2p more saved fuel, so basicly a 1sec+ advantage. dedes good tactical blocking all around (or maybe just "slow" careful driving) forced me to drive slower than my normal pace, just to keep him from blocking me. as consequence wokinger and others got close to me behind in 1st stint..

since i wanted to keep my lead to wokinger in order to beat dede, i filled 1 percent too less fuel, which ended up in a desaster, since i managed to lose approx 6.7 sec due to that, running out of fuel before 2nd pit. until then i was still comfortable to get close to dede again actually. considering i did a couple of mistakes in 3rd stint, including losing 1sec+ by going offroad 1-2 times in 1 lap, i was only 5.5 sec behind dede after last stop.
also 3rd stop i might have run out of fuel very close to 1st box, which cost a little too.
so, all in all, i think i ruined place 2 for sure and probably a good chance for 1st place as well.
also, at lap 24 warps started and kept constant for many laps, which only cost me around a second though, maybe.
my pace seemed to be 0.1-0.2 faster than my 35.49.7 practice session.
considering the winners racetotaltime was 35min47 or so, i cant blame myself about my pace. im confident tijny woulda bashed me, but argh..it was enough to have a strong change vs a dede without practice. in the end i should just blame myself for gambling in the pitzone-lottery, not taking time to find out if i have to be in a box or just like in other tracks in 1 big pit area to fill fuel.

@woki/all
kinda unusual i talked during warmup and race while drivers were still driving, likely others did too. im still sry for any caused problems.
but lets not forget to make kiwi a better driver in terms of letting people pass when getting lapped. well, and the bw in pits, dunno how you wanna handle that..
Last edited by Mike Nike on Sun May 19, 2013 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hevonen
Community User Level: 2
Community User Level: 2

Post by Hevonen » Sun May 19, 2013 7:35 pm

Whiplash wrote:Blah, that was so painful race:
-Hevonen accidantely blocked me in first part of the race. I expected that he's at least pass me like a man, but he actually used the situation in order to get his position back. And some of those tries were pretty too aggressive.
-KiWi tried to race against me even he was 2 laps behind. He was also acting idiot in the pit (driving backwards and stuff).
-dede, f moron, refueling while staying on 2 pit boxes.
-I somehow miscalculated my fuel, and had to go one more time in last lap. :oops: Lost position by Lanz.

All in all, I sucked.
I dont remember that but I had lags and probably blamed you. :lol: But I was much rougher against Alfonso. Sorry about that. Anyway I dont like these cars very much because they are so slow. So might be my last race. Fuel was better now, thanks. But lags killed my pace.

Lanz
Community User Level: 4
Community User Level: 4

Post by Lanz » Sun May 19, 2013 7:45 pm

thx to wippe a nice 5th place! :lol:
bad 1st and 2nd stint good 3rd and 4th! like last week it took me to long to drive fast and consistent! tomorrow ill set up my new pc so it should be better next week once i can finally put away that patetic laptop!

Afinfas

Post by Afinfas » Sun May 19, 2013 7:59 pm

Review:

Q
I was surprised but, i could make my 2nd PB time with something like 54.250s and that gave me a 2nd pole in a row! :shock:

My thoughts were right away like: "I will fck up once more at start!!!" :lol: Well i did do that and felt to 3rd place. I made the take over from Dede quite hard and i say sorry if it was to rough! I just wanted to close the door and see what it would be you reaction! ;)

Then there was 4 cars fighting for 1st place and was really fun. Like max 2s in between all 4! Then came the horrible "mistake" from me. I was having pressure from wokinger and i hit a wall on a turn and got stucked loosing the front group to never ever more reach them! :( There might have been a little touch that made have that accident but, i dont want to accuse anyone! :)

On last pitstop i enter with 2,5s difference to Mike and i was thinking, this is not yet over as i felt faster then him, so that last place on the podium was possible! But i made a stupid decision of leaving pit before my fuel reached 60% thinking that mike might have stayed too long as a precaution. :( This error made me had to pit once again before last lap so my race was over. But i still was able to have a small fight with Mike before that. He passed me but i got position back!

What can i say more...well, of course im disappointed for my result! It should have been at least a podium!

But for about 40minutes i was in first place of the championship and that made my day already! :lol:

Hevonen, dont leave man! Its great that cars are not so quick, makes things more interesting and competitive i think.

Cheers to the guys being lapped juno and the other one fighting with him. They both let me pass with no hussle at all. (i checked now and it was Juma & Gzehnoo) Thanks guys, you set a great example to the other ones. ;) Except to that green guy (like the wales flag), that always stayed in front and me loose in total something like 2/3 s! :( Was Kiwi! Man, i know its hard but try to give away to faster players, i mean, the ones that are lapping you! ;)

All in all i had fun...

Missing some key guys...

ps: no problem Hevonen! ;)Even if i lost loads of time with you! :P
ps2: Is there a race control active on this competition? Just to know!
Last edited by Afinfas on Sun May 19, 2013 8:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

xzeal

Post by xzeal » Sun May 19, 2013 8:04 pm

... I knew I forgot something

Wokinger

Post by Wokinger » Sun May 19, 2013 8:17 pm

GT3 Cars are 5-7% slower than PTM. However, in race, max slowdown caused by fuel and tyres is not bigger then 3%. As a result this car is comparable to PTM car on 2nd stint (2-3 stop strategy).

Afinfas

Post by Afinfas » Sun May 19, 2013 8:25 pm

Btw...forgot to say that i love that slow pit!! :D Gives time to reestablish concentration levels and think on tactics/strategy a bit!

I suck at tactics on this game. I always mess up pits!! :(

Mike Nike

Post by Mike Nike » Sun May 19, 2013 8:27 pm

xzeal wrote:... I knew I forgot something
XD that just made my day :D

Wokinger

Post by Wokinger » Sun May 19, 2013 8:28 pm

Afinfas wrote:Btw...forgot to say that i love that slow pit!! :D Gives time to reestablish concentration levels and think on tactics/strategy a bit!

I suck at tactics on this game. I always mess up pits!! :(
Yep. When it comes to drive 3 hours it will much more important to have a such a break :D Anyway, Le Mans will be with bigger tank capacity (and proportial fueling time).

dede

Post by dede » Sun May 19, 2013 9:20 pm

Good result by me today. I was surprisingsly fast in quali, almost made it to the pole, even though I didn't drive any single lap of training.

In the race I decided to drive eco after Alfonso drove to the grass, giving me the first place. I knew that Mike Nike would've used eco driving too, so I tried to do the same and see what would have been his reaction. He didn't overtake at all, so I was pretty sure about winning after first pit. I actually had some concentration troubles in the second stint, though, probably because I had no cars pressuring me. In last stint I refilled enough fuel for driving without eco mode, but it wasn't necessary. I started to save fuel in order to drive fastest lap in last lap, but I found KiWi on my way and got blocked.

All in all, I'm satisfied with my result.. See you in 2 weeks, probably ;)

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Sun May 19, 2013 11:51 pm

Mike Nike wrote:
xzeal wrote:... I knew I forgot something
XD that just made my day :D
I got nice laugh there too. :lol:

Mike Nike

Post by Mike Nike » Mon May 20, 2013 12:08 am

keeping a gap to the front driver dede on purpose i cant say every day^^.
this track was good for blocking and it felt like i was in a tactical sandwich. trying to not get too close for overtake OR getting blocked, then after accidently falling back a little, trying to catch up again (and being superclose again within 1 or 2 laps).
i probably shoulda let myself push from wokinger behind more, like i did later with alfonso and maybe wokinger once too, dont remember.

compared to dede my pace looked actually quite promising.
just saw the replay again and compared...

2nd stint (nonpitlaps, combined 2 drivers), over 7 laps, gap to dede was 6.4 sec, ended up with 4.9 sec, so 1.3sec won.
considering my car was slower (95 to 10% fuel, he 86 to 4% more or less, combined with my tyre advantage), i had a good pace - only 1 lap in the stint where i was slower and in that 55.4 lap i think i had a fast lap, but gone offroad and lost 0.4sec+, where dede drove a 55.2.

3rd stint:
7 laps
16.1 sec to 12.6 sec (3.5sec won) with 10p more fuel and 3p more repaired, i probably consumed again more fuel, but my car was still slower in average, i think. so, without the lost +-7 sec i woulda been in a good lead already here without dede necessarily being aware off, due to his 10 9 9 8 stints, compared to my 10 10 10 6. probably he would have calculated the tab stats and woulda imagined i drive 10 10 10 6 and not 10 10 8-9 x or so and woulda pushed more, dunno..

last 5 laps
7 sec behind dede, going down to 6.3ish or so (me getting slightly closer) while fighting with alfonso, me going offroad probably twice. last straight i ran out of fuel though, where i lost almost 4 seconds, i guess. i might have even filled too much fuel, so i put 100% accel in 1st lap to catch up, then safe some fuel behind alfonso again. in that stint my car was probably very slightly faster, didnt check that.. either way, my pace was still probably faster in relation, but dede obviously didnt need to push hard anymore to keep the lead in the last stint. and probably he had the feeling of being in a comfortable lead anyway, so he didnt push hard at all in stint 2 and 3.
as dede said, he was pretty confident about winning the race after 1st stint. but i was thinking more like: everything is still so tactical, dede has a little lead though due to my mistake in pit, but my pace might be maybe faster with a slower car (i didnt check the tab stats, but it felt like i could see sometimes the back of dedes car far in front in 2nd stint, coming closer very slightly). so..i could catch up and have an advantage to overtake in the last pit or even earlier maybe.
what a pitty i risked to drive the last lap in stint 2 with a little bit too low fuel. grr :P

@dede

"See you in 2 weeks, probably" hmm, holidays or something? anyway, gl with the blood thingy. and leave some for the other vampires :P

KiWi

Post by KiWi » Mon May 20, 2013 4:21 am

Hum dede why didnt you pass me we don't touch together i was trying to let u pass guys.
I follow dede for to copy is curves but no blockade or just one by mistake with the gray/red color car
again if i had too much blocked sorry for this but i 'll be better next races :)
@power i have forgotten the pit because was looking to it at the pit entry :/ and i was focused all the time on fuelbut missed this one only :p

dede

Post by dede » Mon May 20, 2013 7:28 am

KiWi wrote:Hum dede why didnt you pass me we don't touch together i was trying to let u pass guys.
Hmm, you mean in last lap? You should've let me pass before that chicane, it became too hard in the chicane because of different driving lines and speeds.

@Mike
Yeah, I'm going to the sea if weather is good.. My gf has been patient enough, I can't tell her that all sundays from November 2012 to March 2016 aren't available for anything just because I play TS. Ok, I've done this so far, but she is disappointed.. :D

About blood, I'm pretty sure that I got a wonderful mononucleosis. My tonsils are big as donkey balls and got some great white patches. Ah, lymph nodes are also big as donkey balls. Very nice!

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Mon May 20, 2013 11:17 am

dede wrote:I can't tell her that all sundays from November 2012 to March 2016 aren't available for anything just because I play TS.
Why only 2016??? :wink: