GT3 Endurance Series

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Wokinger
Community User Level: 3

Post by Wokinger » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:32 pm

After first race I only warned KiWi due to BW.
After 2nd race he was disqulified (again BW).
So in 3rd race ha was banned. That's all.

Lanz
Community User Level: 4

Post by Lanz » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:39 pm

Whiplash wrote:I'm not complaining about Alfonfas's attack. I was already thinking there to go out.
It's about lanz. I think here should be 1 new rule added in order to make things clear for some people:
"Don't touch cars in front of you even if you're faster!"

As you see, I was taking bad driving lines whole time while fallowing the traffic in front of me. It's much better than just push people if they are on your driving line.
You always say: Oh, but this is a racing man!
Yes, but this isn't ghost racing. You can't just go trough other people without any throttle releasing or braking.
If there is a traffic, be patient. Or let's just play FC.
well i'm normally lifting before braking when im really close to the guy in front! i had nothing to do with your strange steering action there! 2 little bumps and nothing more! from my point of view nothing to complain, not 1 milli sec i had in my mind to give the position back! but sorry if you feel i treated you the wrong way there! i'm normally not the guy who overtakes dirty!

KiWi
Community User Level: 1
Community User Level: 1

Post by KiWi » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:36 am

ah ok wokinger it's for the bw if i am banned i think i disturb all on the track .
But for BW i have passed the pit, so in that case i need to do the whole lap without fuel?
after a bw i drive all the pit for to go on last place so it's penalize me too.
I didn't know i was banned on the second race :p.
Ok no problems am agree i disturb you so i 'll reenter in another series with cars more easy to drive for me :)

Afinfas

Post by Afinfas » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:51 am

KiWi wrote: Ok no problems am agree i disturb you so i 'll reenter in another series with cars more easy to drive for me :)
NOOO!!!! Thats exactly what i think its not nice on BANS. Dont leave just cause of this. Just try to respect these rules of not going backwards!!!

So, just show up next Sunday. Practice a bit teh track before going to race and thats it!! :)
"Dont forget to be happy!"

Afinfas

Post by Afinfas » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:19 pm

Ok, little teaser for sunday race!! :)

My PB of 61.124s Quite some space for improvement as always! I expect the usual suspects to make something like 60.2 or even lower 59.8s.
:)

By the way, who made this track? Its fantastically fun to drive! Perfectly made!! My congratulations for that! ;)

szymek66
Community User Level: 2

Post by szymek66 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:21 am

@Afinfas

There is no race this sunday due to Canadian GP in F1

All tracks are made by Woki :)

Afinfas

Post by Afinfas » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:01 am

Oh shit!!! :(

But this was updated not so long ago or? I remember checking first post and seeing there was this weekend, or am i mistaken?

So guys, it looks now i only can take part on last race from championship as i will be in vacation for one month from 16 June on!
Sad...as this track is awesome...i was predicting great battles!

Anyway...hopefully till then theres a new version out! :)

dede
Community User Level: 5

Post by dede » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:18 pm

Sorry for leaving soon without even writing "WOOOOOOOOP", but Italy vs Mexico was starting :D

Anyway, all in all it was a great race by me: I managed to get hattrick (FL in race - notsure) even though I drove 0 training laps before the race. For some reason I got the touch with this car and I can learn every track quite easily. I enjoyed driving this track, I had a great pace throughout whole race and especially last stint (check times!).

See you in next race!

Mike Nike

Post by Mike Nike » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:41 am

driving the track last week, i did a test session simulating 0 laps practice.
since i drove 6 laps warmup and then next day quali and race, i lost a bit of warmup though and the quali was just a 61.751, race totaltime 35:45.566 with FL 61.600. compared to dede quite bad.

dede:
total time: 35:31.496
Fastest Lap: 1:01.370 by [+] dede

prerace i had a 61.4x fuellap though and last week a reclap of 60.933 nonfuel. prerace laps were usually 61.3 with ~1 mistake and a 61.02x in 2nd lap, but the quali went bad. a lot of not-risky-enough-laps resulting in a 3rd grid.

race
1st lap, coming close to szy, woki pinballed me from behind, so szy got offroad. as consequence i drove long time behind woki, keeping on thinking that he could have waited for szy in that spot and because he didnt, he might get a punishment and i might not even need to overtake him to be safe 2nd place after i lol-crashed when trying to "push" to get close to dede in a risky spot. lost 3 sec there or so. after half of race i got disconnected, waited a few sec to see if it is one of those temporary disconnections, but then decided to reconnect. that cost me in total ~14 sec maybe, but it could have been just +-11 sec. cruicial gamble there by me as it turns out i finished 1 car length or so behind lanz in the end, giving him the fight he asked for before the race^^
although in last lap 1st curve, i almost crashed due to avoiding bumping into lanz after he drove offroad. probably if i would have just kept my line, he would have let me pass due to me bumping into his slowed down car. or if i would have crashed after avoiding bumping into him, he would have let me pass. that way it might have looked ok to him, which it probably wasnt, but im not sure about that. considering just in case a 2nd place would help me being in front of dede in end season standings, i would prefer to get 3rd in order that the driver who deserves to win being 1st. and dede with 0 laps practiced showed quite well he deserves it.
although this track was probably not my taste. in race i screwed last curve a lot and all around i knew since a few laps practice last week that i dont have a good skilladvantage if i would practice a lot, compared to a 0-laps-practice racer, while in last 2 tracks i felt having that advantage.
dede wrote:I had a great pace throughout whole race and especially last stint (check times!).
yep, your pace was slightly better than mine there..
+0.13, -0.5, -0.02, -0.19, +0.13, -0.37, (rolling out last lap maybe +0.24)
1:02.007 1:01.629 1:01.583 1:01.757 1:01.862 1:01.370 1:02.301
1:01.870 1:02.129 1:01.605 1:01.945 1:01.739 1:01.744 1:02.069c

0.82 faster (or 0.58 counting last lap). i was hold up by lanz a little bit though, partly driving safety-curves since i knew i would still get my chance to overtake him in the end and shouldnt push too hard.
close one in the end :)

Wokinger

Post by Wokinger » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:39 pm

I had no idea that it was my fault (1st lap accident), but I've just watched replay and it seems to be my fault. There was so big gap that I didn't manage to brake earlier than usually. However Szym and Mike battling, were so slow there that I hit them. Sry guys for that.

Mike Nike

Post by Mike Nike » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:23 am

letz see..
since i qualified to a 109$ tourney for 19 cet, i was about to skip the race today. after a checkraise set allin on flop vs fish/call gutshot straight and an AA potbet on kqx vs a t9 fishcall, i was out in notime.
short practice before race and i was able to drive a 74.011 with low fuel and overaverage damage, ergo a high 73.x seemed reachable at least.
a nice track, i give it a B+ for the flow, skill you need etc., not totally very good for my taste, but probably with the best or at least 2nd best in this season for me.

looking at the laptimes i had a warmup domination, but dede improved and i only got a close pole in relation to warmup difference.
funny 2 reruns, dede using mario kart boost start in 2nd and 3rd racestart, wtf?!?
anyway, after turn 1 i kinde slalomed in front of dede and next curve i semiblocked him..both might look edgy. then lanz bumped into me and i got a bit far off the line.
at some point i got blocked by wokinger and fell back to 3rd...

and in end of lap 1, the long left curve, in relation to the track i might have tried to "defend" vs lanz to the right side in his eyes, which i can understand..but i just steered into the long left curve a little bit late, i guess.
so when lanz didnt bump into me there and drove left earlier than me, it looked like he tried to overtake there and in his eyes i would need to make space.
his car visually was already inside my heck, but there was no collision yet and it seemed we both reached topspeed. in that case usually, if steerings are kinda similar, there wont be a collsion if there wasnt before. except he is 0.0x whatever faster than me due to fuel/damage or whatever..

it didnt feel like i wasnt allowed to defend the inside.
at this point i actually forgot about the rules though and i still dont remember. if lanz is only 0.99 car length behind me, may i still defend left if it will end in a collision? probably not, but not sure anymore. argh..
i probably didnt expect an overtake try there since i didnt felt there is a chance he could overtake in the inside.

well, on another point, dede eventually beefed wokinger offroad.
first i wondered if dede would let him pass, including me. since it seemed we were having kinda the same pace though, dede and me, it would let us have a nicer fight. unfortunately i crashed into a wall on the long left curve while trying to get a bit rid of the sweatiness of my fingers in my room (was kinda hot and still is at 2cet..im still sliding here over the keyboard, so wetty it is..). well, luckily dede crashed too and it felt like all have similar chances again. surprisingly in the replay i see wokinger came out 1st with 90p fuel, me 2nd with 88p fuel (lil mistake in pits by me argh) and 3rd dede 86p fuel. quite a nice sandwich coming up there. well, bad for me. either way, very interesting spot, all close to each other and the 2p fuel difference will make it even closer. basicly best chances for wokinger. woki won, gratz i guess, though i dont rly know what happened after i lost connection twice..
although it felt like dede and me had the winning pace, woki getting beefed by dede a bit resulting into woki winning, sounds not that bad :)

having not so much time at my bday this year, still trying to drive at least 1 new record like usual, i drove only 2 slow ones this time..
but it seems i cannot host here in this flat :S

well, next week 3h le mans i am still in the lag-flat. likely driving out of concurrence with my disconnections again..but we will see..

dede

Post by dede » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:49 am

Another race without training, I like to be competitive without spending hours of wanking! This car makes it possible (with F1 it wouldn't be). Warmup sucked as I had lag and eventually lost 1 lap + 1,5 laps under lag attack. This was bad because I needed couple of laps in qualifying to learn the track too.
Race started well, I enjoyed the battles with Nike and other beeves.. When wokinger was leading I beefed him and didn't let him pass because in my opinion it was completely his bad running in the grass. Accident was unavoidable on my side, so I didn't even thought about the possibility to slow down.
Everything seemed to go pretty well, but for some reason I lost concentration in the middle part and I ended up crashing in last straight (which lasts 30 seconds). This is where I lost the race :(
In last stint I thought I still had possibilities to win, but wokinger had fuel advantage (at first I thought he miscalculated his fuel).

Wokinger

Post by Wokinger » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:11 am

Yep, I made mistake on that corner. I started braking one michelin banner earlier than I should. btw I don't think dede was allowed to push me :P

Race was good. Surprisingly I managed to win this race. dede helped a bit, but with only 1 his mistake I would be able to win as well. Don't know how about Mike. It could be nice battle with dede and Mike. Seems like we aren't destineted to fight together. Some time ago I had problems with connection, now it's Mike's problem. I hope one day, we will have nice fight like it was in last belgium gp. ;)

And do not forget about LE MANS! :D

30.06.2013, 17:00 GMT (1 hour earlier than others)

dede

Post by dede » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:16 am

Wokinger wrote:Yep, I made mistake on that corner. I started braking one michelin banner earlier than I should. btw I don't think dede was allowed to push me :P
Not sure that we are talking about same accident. I'm talking about first hairpin, while accelerating. We were very close to eachothers and you hit the grass on the outside, which slowed you down and made my car hit your rear. Because of that, you got extra speed and went offroad on the left.

I'll watch the replay - I haven't done it yet - but yesterday I had the impression that it was 100% your bad and push was unavoidable, but let's discuss about it if you find anything wrong.

Wokinger

Post by Wokinger » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:35 am

There are 3 small changes before Le Mans:
1. Download Mod (link below). We need it, because track is 4000x4000px
2. Fuel capcity is increased to 720s and refueling time is increased to 60s.
3. There are 13 new cars, so if you want to drive special car in Le Mans, you are allowed!

New cars:
ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

ImageImage

power79

Post by power79 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:32 pm

Nothing after all. Why we can't delete messages? :roll:

edit: Oh well, one thing. Can we at least take one practice rolling start before race?

Wokinger

Post by Wokinger » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:56 pm

power79 wrote:Oh well, one thing. Can we at least take one practice rolling start before race?
Sure. We can make 1-3 extra 1lap formation lap training at 19:00 :P

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:39 am

ill take the #46 ferrari for the patetic 3 hours! :lol:

szymek66

Post by szymek66 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:48 am

Lanz wrote:ill take the #46 ferrari for the patetic 3 hours! :lol:
Patetic? WTF?!

Wokinger

Post by Wokinger » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:54 am

I think we need to organise 4 hour test session :D

power79

Post by power79 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:15 pm

Is this made on purpose?

Can you say how much it effects lap time if you drive inside vs. outside? (Let say you start the lap from outside and finish inside vs. other way around)
I hope this doesn't end up deciding winner of the 3 hour race. :lol:

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:30 pm

:) I think it's just like that when you're watching it from the editor. The finish line works normally in the race.

power79

Post by power79 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:50 pm

Whiplash wrote::) I think it's just like that when you're watching it from the editor. The finish line works normally in the race.
No. When I go to pit, lap changes before finish line just like in that control line picture. Thats how I noticed it in first place.

Not a big deal to me but some perfectionist pro drivers could see this as a deciding factor at least in qualify.

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:01 pm

power79 wrote:
Whiplash wrote::) I think it's just like that when you're watching it from the editor. The finish line works normally in the race.
No. When I go to pit, lap changes before finish line just like in that control line picture. Thats how I noticed it in first place.

Not a big deal to me but some perfectionist pro drivers could see this as a deciding factor at least in qualify.
Seems he forgot to change angle of start line in .trk file. Amateur. :)

Wokinger

Post by Wokinger » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:24 pm

Whiplash wrote:
power79 wrote:

Seems he forgot to change angle of start line in .trk file. Amateur. :)
You can change angle of start direction, but not finish line (checkpoint).