Punaball World Cup 2013

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

QcRSX

Post by QcRSX » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:53 am

Monday 21 ? no monday in the Survey...but its ok for me if its noon or afternoon....

szymek66
Community User Level: 2

Re: Punaball World Cup 2013

Post by szymek66 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:09 pm

Seems it's 2014 and still no Punaball World Cup

shyguy1001
Community User Level: 5

Post by shyguy1001 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:55 am

I'm thinking of reviving this, taking Xzeals idea of a "league" where players set their own time to play, but with a twist - all matches shown on SlidersTV. If theres interest in this, I will create some promotional material and put it on youtube..

My main idea is a "champions league" type format, teams of 2, specific colours for each team (home and away), two legged ties (so on server of team A's choice and on server of team B's choice). I will give people say, 5 days to get their game played. If after those 5 games, the game is still not played, I will try to sort it myself, and the team who have the unavailable players (the ones I cant find in other words) will auto forfeit the tie.

The SlidersTV element could add real interest to the cup, Fama has agreed to commentate with me so there would be no problems there. People (rookies included) would be much more excited to compete knowing everyone else will watch them on youtube afterwards.. Goal of the tournament awards could be given out too.

So, whos interested? Like I say, if enough are, I'll create some promo material to hopefully get even more players notified and interested.
www.youtube.com/sliderstv <---- Best Turbosliders Videos ever made ;)

szymek66

Post by szymek66 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:28 pm

Do you really think you are able to make these videos earlier than 2 years before end of the cup? :lol:

shyguy1001

Post by shyguy1001 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:30 pm

Sure, I'm only talking about quick 30 second promos :D

Jan
Community User Level: 3
Community User Level: 3

Post by Jan » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:10 pm

shyguy1001 wrote:So, whos interested? Like I say, if enough are, I'll create some promo material to hopefully get even more players notified and interested.
I definitely am. 8) For this to be successful we need the organizers and the players to really commit to this and also of course get enough players. The problem has always been that people don't play their matches but I think we should encourage them to visit IRC channels often. If everyone was there now and then, finding a suitable time to play would be a lot easier.

Anyway if everything goes well, this might liven up the community a bit as there hasn't been any competitions in ages and this would be something totally new with SlidersTV showing punaball. ^^

shyguy1001

Post by shyguy1001 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:00 pm

Jan wrote:
shyguy1001 wrote:So, whos interested? Like I say, if enough are, I'll create some promo material to hopefully get even more players notified and interested.
I definitely am. 8) For this to be successful we need the organizers and the players to really commit to this and also of course get enough players. The problem has always been that people don't play their matches but I think we should encourage them to visit IRC channels often. If everyone was there now and then, finding a suitable time to play would be a lot easier.

Anyway if everything goes well, this might liven up the community a bit as there hasn't been any competitions in ages and this would be something totally new with SlidersTV showing punaball. ^^
Excellent! Me and Szymek are currently working hard at designing the basics of the cup so soon (I mean in a few weeks) I should be able to release the details with also a short promo video to hopefully get people excited.

Hopefully the way around people not playing their matches would be that we would give them adequate time... we could hold a vote on it of course. Also, the motivation of being able to see themselves play on SlidersTV and knowing everyone else will watch them play as well and comment on their best moves and the most exciting points of the game should help! If the cup motivates discussion and people actually enjoy it and talk among themselves about who they think will win, it should reinvigorate the community a bit :)

Anyone who wants to help with the set up, please add me on skype, its "Shyguy1001"

shyguy1001

Post by shyguy1001 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:02 am

Just want to assure people that I am still very keen on this cup, unfortunately I had a graphics card burn out on me the other week, so development has been put on hold, as soon as I get my PC back, I'll be working on getting this cup up and running!

shyguy1001

Post by shyguy1001 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:22 am

And its now up and running! Just bumping this topic in case anyone has it on notifications ;) Sign ups to the first edition of the Punaball Champions League are open!