Turbosliders.com F1 warm up cup

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which day do you prefer to race on?

Poll ended at Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:05 pm

Sundays
44%
Fridays
28%
Fridays
28%

Total votes: 25

GR8Arjen
Community User Level: 3

Post by GR8Arjen » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:24 pm

What Hevonen said...

Be aware though that next week the GP of Brazil will be starting at 17:00 (CET) so if for some reason the start will be delayed (rain?) we might get in trouble at 20:00.

Jurgen-NL
Community User Level: 4
Community User Level: 4

Post by Jurgen-NL » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:54 pm

and tonights race will be rescheduled because of the Formula 1 race on the telly
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!

GR8Arjen

Post by GR8Arjen » Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:13 pm

I assume today's race will start as planned?

Mike Nike
Community User Level: 5

Post by Mike Nike » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:02 pm

not planning to race today, having 3 xls files open, i changed my mind and tried to "latejoin" and hope for a good lagtest result (did a little change compared to last lagdesaster)
Quali: 45.0x 46% fuel, 2nd place, good lap.
Race: low unfrequent warps, which i usually handle better, but i failed badly here and there. in addition first 10+ laps my fingers were so sweaty (unwashed from having dinner), i kept hitting keys too long here and there.
sry for arjen/dede who i kinda blocked in lap 2.
3rd place @lap3, fast dede easily catching me.
lap 9: 44.16 serverrec, 1.8 to dede, 2.3 to lanz, a little hope, probably my one and only good lap.
lap 14: 2nd, lanz driving offroad..
lap 15 end: 1st, dede offroad..
lap 17: in a "fullthrottle" curve (for dede; not for me today, due to my inconsitent driving lines) i saw in replay i not only used to brake, i also drove offroad a little and dede fairly let me keep 1st afterpushing me offroad.
unfortunately he lagged offroad after that or something, resulting into me having a 3.7 sec lead+- (at lap 21).
feeling that might be enough as lead, knowing dede can easily push hard and catch up if i dont concentrate, i wasnt sure if its better to push hard as well or drive safe slowly to the win. whatever i did, i failed, since dede caught up 0.7 0.7 0.7 0.6 0.6 sec in the first 5 laps, including a nice 43.895 lap. i probably should mention though that my right middle finger (acceleration) got kinda stuck in a straight position since lap 20, which is a sometimes occuring problem which can screw up quite some 0.x/lap.

lap 29 he got me, i then got 1st place back in lap 30 for 0.x sec^^, pushing hard now...
lap 31, dede got offroad twice in a row and then unfortunately got blocked ugly by the lapped lemon, when trying to get back at the track or something.
1.7 sec behind me, dede drove a nice 44.0 in lap 33, but my 44.4 and 44.8 in last lap was enough.

under the line, lucky 1st place. dede deserved it way more.
there was just 1 curve i actually drove consistently the same way every lap -> so, all around i felt like making a lot of bad curves, where in normal days d/T woulda run over me with a huge lead.

so, lagtest was good.
and my 2nd personal goal (ending up in front of at least alfonso in the race^^) i reached as well.

Afinfas

Post by Afinfas » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:13 pm

Mike Nike wrote: and my 2nd personal goal (ending up in front of at least alfonso in the race^^) i reached as well.
WTF! :shock: You set your goals very low i would say! :lol: I didnt drove a single lap for months and was on warm up very very slow, compared to the other ones.. +1s at least!

Q: 7th place! Not good, not bad! :)

R: Had loads of fun fighting to get 7th place (with Lemon and Delux) in the very end but, i was fighting for 9th a big part of the race! Sorry if blocked some guys with my slow pace at the beginning but i think all the events i had, I was fair!
If someone wants to tell me how you would analize a take over I made on lap 27/34 would be great! I think i made it fair....

I didnt realized how much i missed top down racing games...i mean TS! Would be great to start a real championship, specially now that Winter is there...
I have some guys from NSGP cueing to play it. Specially now that NSGP official Championship is dead! One of them is Peter...a very dedicated guy, so expect a guy wanting to be better all the time...i wouldnt be surprised if he would be fighting for podiums soon... 8)

PS: Mike, please....set higher objectives on race! :lol: I almost never couldnt fight against you on TS!
"Dont forget to be happy!"

Afinfas

Post by Afinfas » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:49 pm

Hey guys, is there gona be a race this weekend? Last weekend there was only 3 guys showing up! :(

Just to remember you! ;)

Hevonen
Community User Level: 2

Post by Hevonen » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:06 am

Well I think Jurgen ended this because there were too many problems without scripts etc. Also standings are not updated so makes no sense to play.

Afinfas

Post by Afinfas » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:53 pm

Hevonen wrote:Well I think Jurgen ended this because there were too many problems without scripts etc. Also standings are not updated so makes no sense to play.
What about playing just for the fun!!? This is a F1 warm up so why do we need standings? Im fine racing for fun and I think in the end it should be always like that! ;)

But ok, if he ended up there should be at least a post here stating that or? I told already quite some guys to show up but like this... :(

Hevonen

Post by Hevonen » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:23 pm

You are right, I'll join at least. Last week was too busy. :P

GR8Arjen

Post by GR8Arjen » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:36 pm

Let's just rename this to Formula Sunday were people can join in at a fixed day on a weekly basis to play F1. This way it is easy for everybody to remember it, and will there always be many people to play with.

Last week we did a long race without fuel or tyres on a random track, and it was fun. I know my admin knowledge still sucks a bit (so please forgive me) but I will do my best to make something out of it so we can have a nice evening with some close racing. 8)

Mike Nike

Post by Mike Nike » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:42 pm

a long race without fuel = awesome :)
or a long race with fuel, but 0% slowdown and 100% idle consumption and low fuel consumption. a bit strategyfriendly and lapwankingfriendly ehehehe :P

i like your idea, arjen...so, we might even think about: "Formula Sunday20CET" even it might not sound so well on the first read.