Turbosliders.com F1 warm up cup

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which day do you prefer to race on?

Poll ended at Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:05 pm

Sundays
44%
Fridays
28%
Fridays
28%

Total votes: 25

Mike Nike
Community User Level: 5

Post by Mike Nike » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:26 pm

warmup: 35.3ish with high fuel, seemed ok

quali: plan was: high fuel, start from behind. result: 44% wasnt actually high and pole. wtf.. 34.6 lap felt okay/good but not so strong

race: lap 1 hevonen kamikazes a little, in the collision with him, i end up getting pushed from dede into a tree and fall back to 9th place. from the physics it felt like that massacre was caused due to hevonen, so i didnt even check if dede showed any misbehaviour there.

from lap 1 to 51 i had constant warps, basicly max a few times over 2 seconds no warp. low to middle warps, those which can easily make you lose a couple of tens per lap.

in addition i had eh..at least 5-6 huge lags, maybe more..which felt a bit like those ones i had in power/wokingers rally league. the big warps start, 4-5...then suddenly you are in the middle of nowhere, trying to search gold under a tree

sry at xzeal/lemon, the deep sandpart, where you drive so fast if you are on the track, but so slow (with slow steering as well) if you are in the sand...xD didnt see you coming soo out of a sudden, though i didnt rly try that hard after just getting "control" of my car again. with more concentration i coulda brake and avoid 1 of the 2 cars. this way, at least i hold up both the same way^^

8th place in the end. not much more was in there.
the few mistakes i did when calculating fuel (go in deep sand), go offroad slightly when checking fastestlaptime of dede @34.1 lap short after lanz...and a couple of unmotivating/dreaming slight offroad parts...werent too big mistakes

2 laps off, reminds me to some laggy GT-car race with wokinger from ~last year or some -1 or -2 laps result in a warpy terra server f1 race (monaco) with suntzubr as winner (where i still got maybe +-3rd) from eh..9 years ago?^^

nice far-away-battle with lanz for a few laps. first i backed off and feared to get a fastestlap blocked. then lanz made a solid 34.0 and built a solid gap i couldnt have probably kept low even without my warps, maybe.

@rei..
i probably go ahead and upload a photo i once made of my finger when driving too much^^. one of those evenings where i actually had to stop playing because the burn was too high. but in an official race i think i would never quit on that.
oh yeah, you were 5th, but when i overtook you in the lap you left, short later you talked, and probably this made me get lag and i gone deep offroad. thx for that solid 41.5ish lap or whatever i had there.

at this place, sry for disconnecting during quali (to check my startfuel). i should have waited till end of quali. that is actually worth a little punishment, since disconnections during quali cause lags to other people sometime. probably other ppl talking already until that point during race, which is causing similar problems sometimes and might deserve punishment as well.
i actually cant currently race with 2 of 3 tab stat positions - way too high framedrop

dede

Post by dede » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:28 pm

After getting excited for seeing reirom quit TS forever, I still managed to keep the concentration and lapped everybody. Woop!

Mike Nike

Post by Mike Nike » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:37 pm

^^ hehe...if i get a dollar for each time rei was going to quit TS forever..

so, here the pre promised photos of "hurting finger(s)":

http://mikenike.mi.funpic.de/ts/fun/dri ... riving.JPG

http://mikenike.mi.funpic.de/ts/fun/dri ... ving-2.JPG

looks way harmless than it was though.
probably shoulda taken photos when fingers were actually bloody or had those bloody red parts at 1 side of the finger nail when you accidently cut the nails too much, resulting into hurt for the finger everytime you hit a key.

ha lol if you watch closely in screenshot 2, you see one of the dirty parts on the monitor which happen to occur quite frequently. and if you dont wash them away before a race, depending on the dirt position, you are ..well, not screwed, but if you drive long enough, you know it can nerv a little..
Last edited by Mike Nike on Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lanz
Community User Level: 4

Post by Lanz » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:41 pm

was nice to see that i still got some speed left after not playing with the F1 car for ages! obvious that my consistency sucked badly, i made loads of mistakes! also we crashed into a parking mike on the track fighting with hevo for the 2nd place! anyway 3rd is not bad considering that 2nd place would of been the max cos dede was flying once again! was nice racing, enjoyed it really, also nice to hit the fastest lap! :wink:

hehe mike! seems you almost lost a finger wanking for the Zandvoort race! :lol:

Jurgen-NL

Post by Jurgen-NL » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:20 am

Race Results:

Pos 1: [+] dede (time: 29:44.355, 51 laps) average lap: 34.987
Pos 2: [fS]Hevonen (time: 29:45.216, 50 laps)
Pos 3: [FUN] Lanz (time: 29:48.446, 50 laps)
Pos 4: [FUN] GR8 Arjen! (time: 29:52.923, 50 laps)
Pos 7: Jurgen-NL (time: 30:13.565, 50 laps) Penalty 20sec
Pos 5: Matic (time: 29:58.520, 50 laps)
Pos 6: #43 Popowitch (time: 30:05.351, 50 laps)
Pos 8: [x] Mike Nike (time: 29:49.455, 49 laps)
Pos 11: GOl V8 (time: 30:20.523, 49 laps) Penalty 20+10sec
Pos 9: Lemon (time: 30:02.322, 49 laps)
Pos 10: [+] xzeal (time: 30:19.944, 49 laps)
Pos 12: Shyguy (time: 30:17.253, 47 laps)
Pos 13: JohntraBant (time: 24:10.728, 38 laps)
Pos 14: R.E.I.R.O.M (time: 15:34.367, 25 laps)
Pos 15: Szymek66 (time: 30:07.240, 11 laps)

TimePenalties were given towards Jurgen-NL and GOl V8 for not setting the correct fuel after qualifying

Gol V8 also received another 10sec Penalty for crashing the wall in the pitlane to bring his car to a stop

Popowitch gets away with driving rough in certain spots but will have to be more careful in future

This concludes the first race of the F1 league warm up cup
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!

Jan
Community User Level: 3

Post by Jan » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:57 am

xzeal wrote:
<R.E.I.R.O.M> if i lost to xzeal here i end my careeer
So say goodbye to Reirom everybody.
Just when I started to actually like him. :<

Hevonen
Community User Level: 2

Post by Hevonen » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:38 pm

Anyone have replay? I want to see that Mike case.

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:47 pm

Hevonen wrote:Anyone have replay? I want to see that Mike case.
Replays

Hevonen

Post by Hevonen » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:12 pm

I dont think it was my fault. Mike did mistake in the corner and I crashed him. Watch you driving line. Looks like you are going out no matter what.
Last edited by Hevonen on Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:13 pm

Hevonen wrote:I dont think it was my fault. Mike did mistake in the corner and I crashed him.
yeah hevo i never said that it was your fault! :lol:

Jurgen-NL

Post by Jurgen-NL » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:07 pm

indeed i also watched that incident 3-4 replays just couldnt find too much fault in hevonen his line

Mike Nike

Post by Mike Nike » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:17 pm

im a little surprised. probably your replay (which i didnt watch yet, i watched only mine) says something different.
hevs kamikazeline there felt like obvious going into deep sand, so it didnt felt like a dive-overtaking-try.
that said, the little collision with him (i felt the difference in race) made me go a slightly different line.
without the touch it coulda likely resulted into getting a push from dede behind, but likely me not getting pushed into the tree (and keep on the road and maybe keep 1st).
i think i was too friendly there on the outside, trying to not risk a collision, trying to give hev space to drive slow through the inside, while i drive very far outside. i actually coulda close the door earlier, but with these warps i had, i probably did the safety-choice, which is fine.
i think i woulda made the curve (or slightly sand touch), ending up with a little more left-rotation, if hev woulda slowed down (and not collide with me).

still feels a bit like a joke that i go from basicly 1st to 9th there and you guys act a little like everyone drove fair there.

anyway..with this connection i probably shouldnt take part though. im gonna position my laptop somewhere else next race. but i doubt it will help..

Hevonen

Post by Hevonen » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:42 pm

Racing incidents happen in real F1 too. Drivers spin for whatever reason and end up in last place.

I would not say anything if that happened to me, no matter whos fault it was. But maybe its finnish mentality.

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:19 pm

seems i have to clear some things up here! i'm talking about the incident that occured in the last part of the race! i was 3rd hevo 2nd and somehow out of nothing mike parked in the last corner due to lags/warps! don't know what lap! i blamed nobody i just wanted to mention it!

Mike Nike

Post by Mike Nike » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:50 pm

finnish mentality, i liked that one :)
and germans are so rule orientated, so stereotype^^

@lanz
haha i know that you meant that. in my screen it didnt just looked like i parked there, it looked like i circled/bw-ed/checked a couple times if i want to enter the pits..
i actually even tried to put down the gfx from 1280x800, but that was the lowest 8:5 mode. the 640x480 created a weird car movement. like..if car drives diagonal normally, it goes 60 degrees instead or something similar weird undriveable. well, i could try testdrive in a 640x480 window next time. i wonder if the 2nd monitor i had running in addition caused trouble...

Jurgen-NL

Post by Jurgen-NL » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:05 am

2 incidents saw them both nothing to do about it.
these are split second calls we sometimes make, and indeed Mike you did go wide and so Hevonen wanted to grab the spot. it looks so reasonably minor, there was a sure touch but i see this as a racing incident

but that said the incident with dede can be questionable i also watched that zoomed in aswell but i couldnt make much of it its such a mess.

but this is the warm up cup before the big event Mike :) still plenty time to get in form and rid of those nasty lags ;)

Oompa

Post by Oompa » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:21 pm

Can I haz sign-up?

Jurgen-NL

Post by Jurgen-NL » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:56 pm

Oompa wrote:Can I haz sign-up?
Sure your the 19th privileged who signed up if there is a race you will have access to it!

Oompa

Post by Oompa » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:29 pm

Jolly Good!

Jurgen-NL

Post by Jurgen-NL » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:34 pm

And Tonights track WILL BE ...... Wathmania

Will update the Race Results 2morrow

xzeal

Post by xzeal » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:03 am

To all the brilliant people who voted for Sunday evenings and did not show up and I do mean this sincerely: f*** YOU!

On an evening before a workday is horrible horrible idea, these things can get delayed by quite a bit sometimes.

Oompa

Post by Oompa » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:31 am

All the more reason to drive fast ;)

Mike Nike

Post by Mike Nike » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:12 pm

haha xzeal, i voted friday, resulting in 2/4/4 or something. now its 11/7/7. as if there was a doom switch. had to work yesterday evening..

Afinfas

Post by Afinfas » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:15 am

Hi guys...since a long time! Decided to have a look at the forum/competitions and... is this still going on?

Can i sign up still? Even if i cant promise i will be there all the time, this Sunday for example, I cant.

There´s maybe a guy from NSGP coming as well!

Im missing racing here....we desperately need that new version to come out! :(
"Dont forget to be happy!"

Hevonen

Post by Hevonen » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:32 am

F1 United States Grand Prix starts exactly same time as next race. Should we skip this week?