PTM 2 - Infos - Schedule - Subscriptions

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Lanz
Community User Level: 4

Re: PTM 2 - Infos - Schedule - Subscriptions

Post by Lanz » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:19 pm

definately an improvement to last weeks test race! not only in terms of organisation! the racing was great and we could start in time! so i need no more help from others apart from uploading the tracks to the server! Tijny, dede or whoever is able to do that please upload the tracks so that we can finally start the PTM 2!
also would be great to get loads of people into the server to have a really nice cup! guys make some advertisement for this competition! that would be highly appreciated! thanks and hopefully cya on the new track next week for the real test race!

Afinfas
Community User Level: 3

Post by Afinfas » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:38 pm

Lanz, you forgot to say that you won the race! :D

I had loads of fun as well, even if I felt a bit guilty for making Stylus go to grass and making him loose the chance to fight for win BUT...we had great battles. :)
If there was race control would this be an incident to be punished? Im not really sure as I thought i had won the position at the time of the crash....

Missing important guys like Dede and Mike Nike, Pablinho, etc....

Will try once again to bring some guys from NSGP next week.

One thing I have to say, this Sunday was nice in terms of timing. We started on time!!! ;) Normally it takes too much time to start witch makes me get unfocused and impatient...
Should be always quick how it was today!

See you next week...
"Dont forget to be happy!"

Whiplash
Community User Level: 5

Post by Whiplash » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:52 pm

Lanz wrote:definately an improvement to last weeks test race! not only in terms of organisation! the racing was great and we could start in time! so i need no more help from others apart from uploading the tracks to the server! Tijny, dede or whoever is able to do that please upload the tracks so that we can finally start the PTM 2!
also would be great to get loads of people into the server to have a really nice cup! guys make some advertisement for this competition! that would be highly appreciated! thanks and hopefully cya on the new track next week for the real test race!
I guess I'll be able to do it. I'm just not sure what exactly that server is. I have access to 4 Tijny's severs (one of them is fairplay F1 which we're using). I'll investigate it.

Edit: ok, I uploaded all the finished PTM-2 tracks. If you want to also upload some sources to the server, just give them to me.

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:25 am

Whiplash wrote:I guess I'll be able to do it. I'm just not sure what exactly that server is. I have access to 4 Tijny's severs (one of them is fairplay F1 which we're using). I'll investigate it.

Edit: ok, I uploaded all the finished PTM-2 tracks. If you want to also upload some sources to the server, just give them to me.

thanks a lot whip! well i have no idea how to make sources for servers! but i guess it will work without also! a bit stressful for me but nothing i can't handle! :wink:

Afinfas wrote:I had loads of fun as well, even if I felt a bit guilty for making Stylus go to grass and making him loose the chance to fight for win BUT...we had great battles. :)
If there was race control would this be an incident to be punished? Im not really sure as I thought i had won the position at the time of the crash....

well this incident is hard to judge from my point of view! Alfonso definately had the right to try to overtake and infact would of succeeded cos he had the inside! but then this contact occured which made Stylus go offroad! sometimes this strange behaviour happens and i think nobody is to blame for it! sad that it ruined both races!

Replays from yesterday.

Stylus
Community User Level: 1

Post by Stylus » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:24 pm

I had a great race too. Stupid crash for both of us but that happens. But still we had a great battle for 2nd place ;)

And next week we race for points?

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:49 pm

Stylus wrote:And next week we race for points?
next week we finally start the PTM 2 with the test race at the updated Brands Hatch circuit! download link available on first post!

Afinfas

Post by Afinfas » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:52 pm

Lanz wrote:
next week we finally start the PTM 2 with the test race at the updated Brands Hatch circuit! download link available on first post!
Ok but...the link on first page is the same that was there for 2 weeks already right? You mean that now the tracks are uploaded on the server and thats the difference or? Sorry if my question is confusing somehow! :)

I just want to know if I can make some laps with the AI lines I already have from 2 weeks ago...

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:50 pm

Afinfas wrote:
Lanz wrote:
Ok but...the link on first page is the same that was there for 2 weeks already right? You mean that now the tracks are uploaded on the server and thats the difference or? Sorry if my question is confusing somehow! :)

I just want to know if I can make some laps with the AI lines I already have from 2 weeks ago...
yep! this years tracks start with PTM-2-............!

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:00 pm

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:44 am

don't forget to subscribe to this cup and to claim a car/team! after first points race at Hockenheim it's impossible to change team!
in case you want to check out fastest laps/races/tracks etc you find everything on first post! in case something is missing just reply here and i will answear as soon as possible! let's make this a success!

Afinfas

Post by Afinfas » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:51 am

Oh yeah, hopefully will be great! :)

One question, obviously the record that I set 2 weeks ago on brands hatch didnt count right. The records are from previous season right?
If so..is sad cause I doubt I will make that lap again! :lol:

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:06 am

Afinfas wrote:Oh yeah, hopefully will be great! :)

One question, obviously the record that I set 2 weeks ago on brands hatch didnt count right. The records are from previous season right?
If so..is sad cause I doubt I will make that lap again! :lol:
records only count from regular races! so that means whatever time you drove in a test race it's not going to count!

power79

Post by power79 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:33 am

Lanz wrote:
Whiplash wrote:I guess I'll be able to do it. I'm just not sure what exactly that server is. I have access to 4 Tijny's severs (one of them is fairplay F1 which we're using). I'll investigate it.

thanks a lot whip! well i have no idea how to make sources for servers! but i guess it will work without also! a bit stressful for me but nothing i can't handle! :wink:
Source file is just a text file with server command lines in it. Just write down all commands you need to execute when changing F1 server to PTM server (cars,fuel,damage settings etc.) and save that file with name "PTM.src" or something like that. Then you can run all those commands at once with "/source PTM".

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:11 pm

O.K., I found the sources from the last season. I already edited them to make your life easier. Here are the commands to be used:
Normal races:
/source custom.play.PTM.warmup
/source custom.play.PTM.qualify
/source custom.play.PTM.race

Show event:
/source custom.play.PTM.SE.qualify
/source custom.play.PTM.SE.race

I only have 2 questions for you Lanz:
-Does Show Event has its own warmup too?
-Why are you wasting Brands Hatch track for testing purposes only?

Stylus

Post by Stylus » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:46 pm

I was thinking the same about Brands Hatch track. We had good organized race last week and this week it will be better so why we don't race for points already?

Afinfas

Post by Afinfas » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:50 pm

Stylus wrote:I was thinking the same about Brands Hatch track. We had good organized race last week and this week it will be better so why we don't race for points already?
I agree!!! :)

And if its for real right away, I think it will bring more persons to play it. Will make an add again on NSGP if that is the case...

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:33 pm

Well, it's not a problem to have one more test race actually. I just thought that Brands Hatch could also be part of the league/cup. We could play it for test, and also for a last race.

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:27 pm

Whiplash wrote:O.K., I found the sources from the last season. I already edited them to make your life easier.
can´t thank you enough!
Whiplash wrote:I only have 2 questions for you Lanz:
-Does Show Event has its own warmup too?
-Why are you wasting Brands Hatch track for testing purposes only?
1. yeah thats planned!

2. well my plan atm is to race a new track! i didn´t started yet with it so it´s not sure that we race it only for test! if not it jumps in for it!

why another test race? well first of all i would like to give people some more time to "find" this cup! maybe due to starting 1 week later some new dudes jump in! at least thats my hope!

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:45 pm

Guys, I need you to test one thing for me. I hope it's not out of topic too much.
Can you pick one of the PTM cars (I recommend Audi), put it in direction north-south and just spin left-right like THIS. Do you feel like the car is jumping a little bit?

Afinfas

Post by Afinfas » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:50 pm

Whiplash wrote:Guys, I need you to test one thing for me. I hope it's not out of topic too much.
Can you pick one of the PTM cars (I recommend Audi), put it in direction north-south and just spin left-right like THIS. Do you feel like the car is jumping a little bit?
Ok,I´ve just tested and yeah...a little bit on initial turn but...its not much! I wouldnt noticed it if you wouldnt have mentioned it! :D

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:51 am

Thanks!

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:10 pm

Whiplash wrote:Guys, I need you to test one thing for me. I hope it's not out of topic too much.

is it a problem?

Afinfas

Post by Afinfas » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:18 pm

Lanz wrote:

is it a problem?
I dont think so, its just that whisplah seems to be kind of perfectionist on this! :lol: And he spots right away this kind of small things/issues. Its nice if we can have it correct but to be honest doesnt really disturbs me cause at the speed we drive, we cant see those anomalies I guess. :)

@Whisplah dont take it in bad a way. I think its positive to be perfectionist. Im actionist of that club as well so I know what you feel! ;)

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:27 pm

It's not a problem for the cup actually. This is a small glich and it's good to be mentioned to Ande now when he can still check it out. If something can be fixed, then it should be - that's all.
Basically, this glich will not be experienced (at least not that obviously) with the bigger images (120x120 for example). Also, this is only the case for the single car images, not for the rot-images.

Mike Nike

Post by Mike Nike » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:03 am

23.2. testrace? id normally join, but still quite busy with "money++;"-ing
so i hopefully might join on 1st official race, probably late and with 0 practice.