PTM 2 - Infos - Schedule - Subscriptions

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Lanz
Community User Level: 4

Re: PTM 2 - Infos - Schedule - Subscriptions

Post by Lanz » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:45 am

Afinfas wrote:That first turn....I remember last season that there was many crashes there! :shock:
hehe! indeed the most patetic corner in the PTM!

Jan wrote:I might join a few races just for fun, so sign me up for Audi please. 8)
ofc!

szymek66
Community User Level: 2
Community User Level: 2

Post by szymek66 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:22 pm

Lanz wrote:
Afinfas wrote:That first turn....I remember last season that there was many crashes there! :shock:
hehe! indeed the most patetic corner in the PTM!!
My favourite one :lol:

misterpom
Community User Level: 3

Post by misterpom » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:31 pm

Count me in. I'm going with BMW!

AM COMEBACK TOTAL

LION OF FAST LAP, TURTLE IN RACE

I don't know if I'm going to make this a real comeback. I'm curious to see if I can still be fast and if I'm able to have fun with it. I stopped playing the game because of problems with my internet. Let's see if I'm able to play it today. :D

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:00 pm

little reminder: 2nd race of the 2014 Puschtras Touring Masters starts in exactly 1 hour!

misterpom

Post by misterpom » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:40 pm

Thanks for the reminder. I will probably suck ass on the racetrack haha

misterpom

Post by misterpom » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:54 pm

Do you have the IP address of the server?

I hope my version is not outdated.

Afinfas

Post by Afinfas » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:57 pm

Ok, 2nd race and 3rd place! Not bad at all! :)

I made it to 2nd place on Q with a surprising tempo of 29.007s, way to slow!!!! :shock:

On race made a nice start and stylus made a mistake on first turn which made go to 1st for about 13 laps. I got a nice advantage due to the fights behind me. Went to pit on lap 14 I think, when I left Lanz has just passed me but I kepped behind him following him but with stylus close to me.
On beginning of lap 20, and its where I want to present an appeal against stylus, i suffered a push from behind making me loose the control and hit the bumper, Stylus hitted and run not letting me get the position again, how is supposed to be when you hit someone.
After this event I decided to take the risk and simply not pit anymore. With 3/4 laps to go I was on 1st place but, with Lanz and Stylus on fresh tires approaching very quickly. I couldnt avoid that they passed so it meant....3rd place!

I had fun and got a nice result BUT....will be waiting for the result of my appeal. Something tells me that I can eventually go up one position! :D

EDIT: Nothing personally of course. Stylus was faster then me (we can see by his Q time! :shock: )for sure but, that doesnt give him the right to hit and run! ;)
"Dont forget to be happy!"

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:12 pm

Afinfas wrote:and its where I want to present an appeal against stylus
i will check that asap!

my race wasn't that bad after a awsome Q1 and an awful Q2! tried to stay calm but once i finally passed stylus for 2nd place i got a little bump from him which made me go offroad! i was pretty pissed about that cos due to starting 5th i lost already a lot of ground to Alfonso and again 2 positions! my decision to pit early was a good one because after it i was 1st with a small gap to others! was on the way to winning it until i made 2 mistakes on 1 lap! some contact with Stylus made me go offroad once he passed me but i think it was my mistake after all! tried to catch up once again after that cos i hoped he would lost some time passing Alfonso on a 1 stopper! but once i got close Safety Car somehow thought he can fight with the leaders even if he's lapped!

Safety Car gets a warning for not making space for the Leaders!

power79

Post by power79 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:31 pm

Seems Stylus got his driving license from Mrtn :lol:

Here is edited compilation of Stylus "bumping to the win!"
StylusTheMan.tsr

Hehee. Just kidding, and no hard feelings from me. I know it must been frustrating to drive behind me those first laps when you were clearly faster driver.
Last edited by power79 on Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:56 pm

PTM Race Control:

Alfonsos appeal got rejected! no further actions take place!

Explanation: Giving Stylus a penalty would be to harsh for those things he did in this race, also he is not known to be an unfair player! none of those incidents seemed to be on purpose! minor contact can happen! also it would be nonsense giving the win to someone else on the green table! the only thing which i didn't liked at all from those 4 "incidents" was the one involving power! even if he blocked you in the chicane, power known as a Gentleman Racer sure wanted to give you his position on the straight! instead of bumping him out of the way you could of waited 2-3 corners to see if he makes space or not! if no contact would have happened 2 corners before this sure would be a punishable incicdent if you don't wait for him ofc!

Afinfas

Post by Afinfas » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:02 pm

Lanz wrote:....the only thing which i didn't liked at all from those 4 "incidents" was the one involving power! even if he blocked you in the chicane, power known as a Gentleman Racer sure wanted to give you his position on the straight! instead of bumping him out of the way you could of waited 2-3 corners to see if he makes space or not! if no contact would have happened 2 corners before this sure would be a punishable incicdent if you don't wait for him ofc!
Which lap? Or is this warning for me at all? I dont seem to remember that. :?

If so then I agree, waiting at least 2, 3 turns is advised. Sorry.

About my incident...I never said that Stylus made on purpose and theres no need for an incident to be on purpose in order to be punished or? Wasnt something really aggressive but, it made me loose control and hit the barrier.

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:42 pm

Afinfas wrote:
Lanz wrote:....the only thing which i didn't liked at all from those 4 "incidents" was the one involving power! even if he blocked you in the chicane, power known as a Gentleman Racer sure wanted to give you his position on the straight! instead of bumping him out of the way you could of waited 2-3 corners to see if he makes space or not! if no contact would have happened 2 corners before this sure would be a punishable incicdent if you don't wait for him ofc!
Which lap? Or is this warning for me at all? I dont seem to remember that. :?

If so then I agree, waiting at least 2, 3 turns is advised. Sorry.

About my incident...I never said that Stylus made on purpose and theres no need for an incident to be on purpose in order to be punished or? Wasnt something really aggressive but, it made me loose control and hit the barrier.

no i mean stylus vs power!

Whiplash
Community User Level: 5
Community User Level: 5

Post by Whiplash » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:57 pm

Videos uploaded. Pretty rough race.

Afinfas

Post by Afinfas » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:32 am

Ok so, I just watched the replay again and.... I know its not up to me to present this but....if these incidents with Stylus are not punished, then I dont know which ones will.
Im not even talking about my incident but the 2 ones I´ve just seen. First, sending Power79 to the gravel on last turn (around lap 3) and just continuing driving like nothing happened. He should have waited for him and give the place. Second, on lower left corner same move on Lanz, and then continuing driving like nothing has happened(around lap 5).

I say again, if this is not punished then there is a big precedence being opened and I expect these decision to be consistent. If this is not punished I will not have any problems in doing the same on future races, at least to Stylus. He obviously gained advantage by doing this, even if it wasnt on purpose.

Thats just my opinnion.

@Stylus Mate, nothing personally against you, I like how you race but for me these incidents should be punished. I hope you understand what I mean. :)

power79

Post by power79 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:50 am

Afinfas wrote: Im not even talking about my incident but the 2 ones I´ve just seen. First, sending Power79 to the gravel on last turn (around lap 3) and just continuing driving like nothing happened. He should have waited for him and give the place.
I actually kind of think this as justified because I made error before this and should have let Stylus (and Lanz too) pass right away. Instead I remember just thinking what to do and then Stylus made his move and I was like "oh, well". I wasn't mad at all.

But those two incidents against you and lanz I agree that he should at least get warning or some minor grid penalty for next race. Taking his win away would be too harsh I think as there is no history of similar incidents from his past.

Afinfas

Post by Afinfas » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:55 am

power79 wrote:
But those two incidents against you and lanz I agree that he should at least get warning or some minor grid penalty for next race. Taking his win away would be too harsh I think as there is no history of similar incidents from his past.
Well, a penalty doesnt have to be right away the loss of 10s or so, but at least something. I would see a penalty for next race grid as a fair one. How much, is not up to me to decide but nothing too harsh! Something like 2 or 3 positions.

EDIT: And just cause someone made an error before doesnt mean that the car behind have the right to pass how they want. On my incident I also made a small error before, making me loose speed but, I had won the position so instead of breaking on the same point as you normally do, there should be an adaptation considering whats around you. :)

Want an example? Watch just the start of the race on very first turn. I started faster and could have continued on the inside but I let it go... and I even got advantage by doing it so cause Stylus made an error right away and I got 1st... :)

Stylus
Community User Level: 1

Post by Stylus » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:17 pm

Well, first of all I want to say srry to the ones who I gave a little bump. I think it was 3 times. Everytime I was close behind someone and then he brakes a little before me and then was my reaction to slow :O If it happens next race it will let him pass me again. But I had a great first race, I think i would've finished 2nd if alfonso pitted 3 times.

EDIT: Ok, I just watched the replay like 10 times. Maybe a bit rough but certainly not all my fault. The first bump isn't really my fault I gues, I had the inside of the corner. the 2nd one maybe, Lanz goes a bit slower as me and thats why I hitted him. The third one against alfonso, I should've breaked earlyer there but I have a better driving line there and I could take that turn faster as Alfonso and the last against Lanz isn't my fault. Lanz had a bad turn there and he was already in the grind when I hit him.

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:14 pm

Stylus wrote:Well, first of all I want to say srry to the ones who I gave a little bump. I think it was 3 times. Everytime I was close behind someone and then he brakes a little before me and then was my reaction to slow :O If it happens next race it will let him pass me again. But I had a great first race, I think i would've finished 2nd if alfonso pitted 3 times.

EDIT: Ok, I just watched the replay like 10 times. Maybe a bit rough but certainly not all my fault. The first bump isn't really my fault I gues, I had the inside of the corner. the 2nd one maybe, Lanz goes a bit slower as me and thats why I hitted him. The third one against alfonso, I should've breaked earlyer there but I have a better driving line there and I could take that turn faster as Alfonso and the last against Lanz isn't my fault. Lanz had a bad turn there and he was already in the grind when I hit him.

well i already said that the 2nd incident between us wasn`t your fault! also going offroad at the 1st one would of been avoidable if i would of lifted the gas just a little bit after the small bump!
still you have to keep in mind that you can`t blame others for braking to early! if you drive behind someone you have to be super careful, you just can`t take the corner like your alone on track! good way to do that is to lift the gas before you brake, that`s what i`m doing once im really close to an opponent! it`s very easy to bump someone out of the way which in the end costs you time as well and ofc that`s exactly what you want to avoid!

Stylus

Post by Stylus » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:24 pm

Lanz wrote:
Stylus wrote:Well, first of all I want to say srry to the ones who I gave a little bump. I think it was 3 times. Everytime I was close behind someone and then he brakes a little before me and then was my reaction to slow :O If it happens next race it will let him pass me again. But I had a great first race, I think i would've finished 2nd if alfonso pitted 3 times.

well i already said that the 2nd incident between us wasn`t your fault! also going offroad at the 1st one would of been avoidable if i would of lifted the gas just a little bit after the small bump!
still you have to keep in mind that you can`t blame others for braking to early! if you drive behind someone you have to be super careful, you just can`t take the corner like your alone on track! good way to do that is to lift the gas before you brake, that`s what i`m doing once im really close to an opponent! it`s very easy to bump someone out of the way which in the end costs you time as well and ofc that`s exactly what you want to avoid!
Im not blaming others. Some of those could be avoidable if I had been more carefull :)
Ill keep this in mind next race and ill let others pass when I do this again.

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:51 pm

Results:

Oschersleben

Q1:

1. [BMW] Lanz (28.648)
2. [Merc] Stylus (28.746)
3. [BMW] power79 (28.927)
4. [Merc] Alfonso (29.005)
5. [BMW] Szymek (29.185)
==========================
6. [Audi] Popowitch (29.199)
7. [Merc] Whiplash (29.234)
8. [BMW] Mister Pom (29.331)
9. [Audi] Palo (29.349)
10. [Merc] Safety Car (30.350)

Q2:

1. [Merc] Stylus (28.706)
2. [Merc] Alfonso (29.002)
3. [BMW] power79 (29.017)
4. [BMW] Szymek (29.294)
5. [BMW] Lanz (29.591)
6. [Audi] Popowitch (29.199)
7. [Merc] Whiplash (29.234)
8. [BMW] Mister Pom (29.331)
9. [Audi] Palo (29.349)
10. [Merc] Safety Car (30.350)

Race:

1. [Merc] Stylus 20:21.746 - Lap 31 (28.897)
2. [BMW] Lanz +3.197 - Lap 30 (29.205)
3. [Merc] Alfonso +5.859 - Lap 22 (29.587)
4. [Audi] Palo +20.075 - Lap 22 (29.276)
5. [BMW] Szymek +20.080 - Lap 28 (28.918)
6. [BMW] power79 +20.182 - Lap 39 (29.214)
7. [Merc] Whiplash +21.832 - Lap 32 (29.360)
8. [Merc] Safety Car +1 Lap - Lap 17 (29.632)
9. [Audi] Popowitch +1 Lap - Lap 32 (29.376)
10. [BMW] Mister Pom +1 Lap - Lap 36 (29.596)

Quick Analysis: Once again the total race time was about 10 seconds slower then last year and once again the winner of 2014 would of ended 4th in 2013 behind Eddie/dede/Lanz!

Afinfas

Post by Afinfas » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:56 pm

The difference of my Q1 time to Q2 time was of 0.003s! :shock:
Thats what I call consistency!! :lol:

Q1:

1. [BMW] Lanz (28.648)
2. [Merc] Stylus (28.746)
3. [BMW] power79 (28.927)
4. [Merc] Alfonso (29.005)

Q2:

1. [Merc] Stylus (28.706)
2. [Merc] Alfonso (29.002)
3. [BMW] power79 (29.017)

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:51 pm

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:25 pm

today 19 GMT - 20 CET Show Event Test Session!

Afinfas

Post by Afinfas » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:27 pm

Lanz wrote:today 19 GMT - 20 CET Show Event Test Session!
Wasnt supposed to be zandvoort?? At least is what is on the calender!!?

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:22 pm

Afinfas wrote:
Lanz wrote:today 19 GMT - 20 CET Show Event Test Session!
Wasnt supposed to be zandvoort?? At least is what is on the calender!!?
today is saturday! we race sundays! today it's just a test!