PTM 2 - Infos - Schedule - Subscriptions

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

power79
Community User Level: 3

Re: PTM 2 - Infos - Schedule - Subscriptions

Post by power79 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:02 pm

Afinfas wrote:How many persons showed up?
8 guys started the race. Arjen quit soon after he got huge lag/disconnection lap. That was sad as he was really fast at Quali and was hoping to fight even for podium place.

And to Mike's situations my amateur opinion after watching replays couple times:

First I mention that It's really great to see how enthusiastic you are about these races. :)

I kind of agree everything you say, except to me that "one close time" was pretty blockish from you. I mean you really closed the road in front of Lanz and there was even collision that took speed from him.

So I would count blocking situations 1-1.

Those other situations were really aggressive lines from Lanz but its difficult to say if they were illegal. You made good cases for them, though. Im happy that im not in Race Control making those decisions. :lol:

Afinfas

Post by Afinfas » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:01 am

Well...its hard to admin race control while being directly involved in an incident. What we used to have in NSGP was to "nominate" stewards, depending who was in an incident being that a persons involved couldnt judge of course.

So, on this Case nor Lanz or Mike would have something to say in terms of race control penalties. So, or Whisplah, or Power79, etc. could be. But I guess we´re not nominating a race control board or?? :)
It worked pretty well on NSGP and we even have kept the records of the penalties so that there was coherent decisions comparing with previous events.

But I guess maybe its taking everything too serious for quite some persons. For me its kind of serious but fun! Wouldnt mind to have that back. ;)
"Dont forget to be happy!"

Stylus
Community User Level: 1

Post by Stylus » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:22 pm

I had a quite bad race. I had a good start but then I made alot of mistakes. I drove like 4-5 times in the grass and i got stuck in the first corner like 3-4 times. I had a gap at the start but couldn't hold that because i made too many mistakes. Still finished 3rd so I hope next week is better :)

Lanz
Community User Level: 4

Post by Lanz » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:56 pm

ok, so i rewatched the "controversial" incidents happened in the last race! first i have to say that for the PTM of course i prepare myself but not professional! due to making the tracks, working out race laps, checking bugs etc. i made already tons of laps last year! also i feel very confortable with this car and with the settings! so yesterday i wanted to drive some laps a bit earlier due to my patetic disconnection in zandvoort! soon i realized that something is not working and due to that i pretty much had no real or good preparation! with a good pace i knew i would have the chance to challenge mike and in the beginning of the race i was clearly faster! what brings me to the first thing to discuss in this race:
Lap 3: driving closely to mike already bumping his rear 2 times i think he knew i had the speed to overtake him! i came out of turn 1 with more speed then him and immediately drove to the right side of the track, he reacted to my move and drove right into my way giving me no chance to survive! clearly a block!
Lap 6: same corner, same situation only that i was giving him the space to survive and he could overtake me! this is how it`s done!
Lap7: again turn 1! this is the incident we should focus on cos all the other things are pretty clear! mike and me side by side going into turn 1! he turned into the corner earlier then me and therefore got bumped out of the way! first i have to say that i was thinking hard to wait for mike and let him repass me but i was still pissed because of the major block he did a few laps before! still i'm not sure if this incident is even my fault!
Lap 31: from what i saw now and felt during the race there was no contact thats why i drove back on the ideal line cos i didn`t really defended myself on the outside!
Lap 32: turn 1! what else! this could of ended the same way as in lap 7! this time mike was on the inside but instead of trying a move he backed up! very fair from him but you can`t blame me for taking the corner aggressively! since we fought for the lead and i'm not the only one trying everthing to hold others back!
maybe we should really think of implementing a race control for this competition! hard to judge things alone, specially incidents involving me! sorry for mike but imo i think nothing should be penalyzed here! really sorry for that deja vu mike!

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:06 pm

Results:

Spielberg

Q1:

1. [BMW] GR8 Arjen (30.443)
2. [Merc] Mike Nike (30.445)
3. [Merc] Stylus (30.455)
4. [Audi] Popowitch (30.521)
==========================
5. [BMW] Lanz (30.527)
6. [Merc] Whiplash (30.732)
7. [BMW] power79 (30.790)
8. [Audi] Lemon (31.158)

Q2:

1. [Merc] Stylus (30.231)
2. [Merc] Mike Nike (30.446)
3. [BMW] GR8 Arjen (30.647)
4. [Audi] Popowitch (30.958)
5. [BMW] Lanz (30.527)
6. [Merc] Whiplash (30.732)
7. [BMW] power79 (30.790)
8. [Audi] Lemon (31.158)

Race:

1. [BMW] Lanz 20:26.196 - Lap 28 (30.762)
2. [Merc] Mike Nike +0.299 - Lap 25 (30.756)
3. [Merc] Stylus +6.386 - Lap 33 (30.810)
4. [Merc] Whiplash +20.831 - Lap 27 (31.051)
5. [BMW] power79 +23.363 - Lap 31 (31.095)
6. [Audi] Popowitch +1 Lap - Lap 19 (31.315)
7. [Audi] Lemon +1 Lap - Lap 21 (31.930)
8. [BMW] GR8 Arjen +14 Laps - Lap 21 (31.564)

Quick Analysys: finally a decent race total time! dede was 4.5 seconds faster in 2013! This years time was closely enough to end on the podium behind winner dede and mike, beating Eddie by +/- 0.100!

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:41 pm

Mike Nike
Community User Level: 5

Post by Mike Nike » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:52 pm

well, of course my action lap 6 or 7ish or when it was after curve 1 was a block.
but the question is: is that kind of a block allowed or not? in f1 and f1sl it is, as far as i could see, since i made no real mistake and defended in 1 direction on the long straight. you tried to overtake right and failed. you could have tried to drive right, see me defending and immediately drive left again and hope to avoid getting blocked, then overtake at the left side, while i am forced to stay to your right the whole straight. thats pretty much the typical "long straight overtaking tactic".

but before begin of this season i was telling, that im not sure of what you mean in rules by "blocking is not allowed" and i still dont really know.

and in lap 31ish or so, when you drive right after the curve, basicly right in front of me, even it was maybe no purpose of you to actually defend your position, it still should be a good example that this steer counted as a defending steer/direction.

and even if someone blocks the car behind in every lap, it doesnt matter as long as all ones were legal.

well, what should i say, the 2 scenes i think you should have driven more "side by side" during a curve, like you once did very nicely in curve 2 of a lap, were both looking like you did not tried or did not tried hard enough to let me enough space. i doubt i will be able to drive that aggressive as well, because i think it's unfair, but if rules will say it's allowed, it's fine and i try to adjust. but as far as i see it, the rules dont tell it, so i likely wont (even there is no penalty for it).
or just letz ghostrace! :P they also have more *photo finishs*

no good sportsman wants to win, if the win wasnt truely deserved. last race, even the 2 controversal scenes im a bit mad at, i think you deserved it around 45-55%.
after your disconnection, lanz, from last time, winning last race actually sounds like at least a bit of destiny making it up again, looking at the season. in so far, all good.

and to spread some more positivity..damn, it's good be back on track, guys! :D
after 2 months+ of hardly no sliders, with a down of having laptop problems, it's nice to have some racing challenge again.

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:31 pm

Mike Nike wrote:well, of course my action lap 6 or 7ish or when it was after curve 1 was a block.
but the question is: is that kind of a block allowed or not? in f1 and f1sl it is, as far as i could see, since i made no real mistake and defended in 1 direction on the long straight. you tried to overtake right and failed. you could have tried to drive right, see me defending and immediately drive left again and hope to avoid getting blocked, then overtake at the left side, while i am forced to stay to your right the whole straight. thats pretty much the typical "long straight overtaking tactic".
well i think you mean the block in lap 3! this kind of driving is for sure forbidden in every other racing series except full contact! and i made that pretty clear i think!
5.2. stealing speed from faster cars not allowed
5.3. blocking not allowed
5.4. always leave space for others

you steered to late to defend the outside cos i was already there!

Mike Nike

Post by Mike Nike » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:06 pm

yep, lap 3 curve 1. watched the replay couple times again, mostly in slowmo, but it doesnt look like you were already there.
the replay is partly warpy/jumpy, so it's tough to see if, thinking in terms of driving direction (both steered right) you were (due to the rounded shape of the car) only +-0.98 car lengths behind me, while probably still being >1 carlength behind, if you look at the road driving direction.

by closing the door for overtaking me at the middle right side and you not slowing down or driving more right instead, it ended up in a violation (unwanted or not) of 5.2. and 5.3. and depending on how you interpret 5.4., also that partly.

although stealing speed from you and colliding you was not my purpose - you still coulda driven more right or slowdown, seeing me coming. but i admit that i didnt really expect you to not bump into me.

considering 5.2. i coulda slowed down a bit after the bump, maybe, since it was on a straight and it didnt cost me time.

anyway, 5.2.-5.4. feel so unexplained, that basicly every little touch of the car from behind could mean the violation of the front car of these 3 rules, even it's the fault of the car behind.

power79

Post by power79 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:16 am

Mike Nike wrote:yep, lap 3 curve 1. watched the replay couple times again, mostly in slowmo, but it doesnt look like you were already there.
the replay is partly warpy/jumpy, so it's tough to see if, thinking in terms of driving direction (both steered right) you were (due to the rounded shape of the car) only +-0.98 car lengths behind me, while probably still being >1 carlength behind, if you look at the road driving direction.
You can download lag free server side videos from link @ first post.
Videos
anyway, 5.2.-5.4. feel so unexplained, that basicly every little touch of the car from behind could mean the violation of the front car of these 3 rules, even it's the fault of the car behind.
I understand your position in this case but how I understand defending in fair play races is that front car can always choose the optimal driving line without worrying about car behind. But leaving that line to force car behind to slow down doesn't feel fair to me.

I also watched that Lap 31 incident where Lanz blocked your way and even when I don't think Lanz's reasoning about no collision is a real defence because you can have a blocking situation without collision, he still has a point. I looked that replay with beta version's debugkeys where you can follow car's speed at every moment and Mike's car's speed didn't seem to slow down in any point which I interpret that Mike didn't have to lift throttle and lose his speed in that situation.

In the end I still would count those situations both pretty unfair so I keep my original (amateur)opinion about blocking situations being 1-1 and things being quite even steven in that front.

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:18 pm

there are still some days left to finish the show event but due to me being so late releasing it id say we move it back one week! i try to release it asap to check bugs etc.!
so instead this sunday we race at the Brands-Hatch-Indy circuit! time for some short trackin... :wink:

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:57 pm

nice race! specially the first part with 4 guys close together! wasn`t sure if the 1 stopper strategy would work out even with less participants then last year! but it worked pretty well for me! :wink:

Afinfas

Post by Afinfas » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:21 pm

I was incredibly slow this race and I think it was mainly cause I didnt knew how to make properly 2 of the 4 turns existing! :lol:

With 7 guys racing I managed to get a 4th place on last lap which made things quite exciting in some way. Schymek was very slow due to tires and I managed to reach him on last lap after a mistake on first turn from him. I had nice fights with Power79 and whisplah. Its funny that chasing is much easier then being chased! :lol:

Hopefully I will be fighting for higher spots on next races. This track doesnt really appeal me...

Mercedes all the way up! :D

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:10 pm

Results:

Brands-Hatch-Indy

Q1:

1. [Merc] Mike Nike (18.347)
2. [Merc] Stylus (18.457)
3. [BMW] Lanz (18.470)
4. [BMW] Szymek (18.489)
5. [Merc] Whiplash (18.664)
6. [BMW] power79 (18.719)
7. [Merc] Alfonso (18.900)

Q2:

1. [Merc] Mike Nike (18.410)
2. [BMW] Lanz (18.491)
3. [Merc] Stylus (18.540)
4. [BMW] Szymek (18.489)
5. [Merc] Whiplash (18.664)
6. [BMW] power79 (18.719)
7. [Merc] Alfonso (18.900)

Race:

1. [BMW] Lanz 20:25.859 - Lap 35 (18.823)
2. [Merc] Mike Nike +1.595 - Lap 40 (18.673)
3. [Merc] Stylus +7.444 - Lap 44 (18.601)
4. [Merc] Alfonso +14.647 - Lap 52 (18.789)
5. [BMW] Szymek +15.023 - Lap 31 (18.857)
6. [Merc] Whiplash +15.589 - Lap 42 (18.734)
7. [BMW] power79 +1 Lap - Lap 52 (18.787)

Note: Next week the Show-Event is taking place in the 2nd PTM! after that one we take a break due to easter, as mike and szy pointed out some guys maybe won't have time and therefore it's better to sit one sunday out!

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:26 pm

Championship Standings

Quick Analysys: Once again a good race total time, this time the winner was only 3.2 seconds away from last years winning pace from dede! maybe affected by less traffic which on tracks like that can cost you much if you run into it a few times!

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:12 am

ok sorry for the delay but i can finally share the new Show Event Track with you guys! download it here.
Note: it's just a test version and not to 100% done, some decoration missing! but the setting should be ok! please report if you guys find cuts, bugs etc. thx! had no time to test it by myself!

GR8Arjen

Post by GR8Arjen » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:16 pm

power79 wrote:
Afinfas wrote:How many persons showed up?
8 guys started the race. Arjen quit soon after he got huge lag/disconnection lap. That was sad as he was really fast at Quali and was hoping to fight even for podium place.
Yup that was really sad. :(

Since I changed to a different provider last month I have these sudden disconnections / lag spikes.
I need to contact my provider for this, because it sucks big time. (Not only for TS, but also for streaming stuff, etc.)

I was hoping for a podium indeed, but had a bad race from the beginning. So many times I just cut the first or 2nd corner a bit to much and then half the field was able to pass me. I know that a loss of speed is fair thing, (to prevent corner cutting), but on this track it punishes you so hard that it ain't funny anymore. (And far from realistic) It really pissed me off, which made me lose my concentration even more which then resulted in even more of these errors.
The disconnection that followed was the last straw for me, so I just parked the car and left disappointed. (So for next time, please edit the track a bit so your not loosing 2-3 seconds when you get one wheel just over the inside curbstones of these two corners.)

Still had a good quali though, and am still proud getting to Q2 with the fastest lap. Q2 was a bit of a disappointment after that since I had no clean laps , but besides that... With 3th place, I managed to get my best gridposition in a TS competion, so I was and still am happy about that as well. :)

It is nice to see that I am still improving in this game even after playing it for so many years. Expect more things to come from me soon, that is a promise! 8)

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:29 am

PTM -2- Show Event - Infos

Please read the following text careful!
The 2nd ever Show-Event will be held this Sunday, the 13.04.2014 at 18GMT - 20CEST! Since last years execution was quiet a success i decided to implement it also for this year! The only difference is that now we have the exact same track layout for both drivers giving everybody the exact same chance to win this event!

Quali:
-ghost on
-fuel off - damage off
-16 laps
The quali is an important part of this Event because it set's the order for the following K.O. phase! Try to finish 1 Lap as fast as possible in order to get a "weaker" opponent! Fastest Driver in Quali vs Slowest Driver in Quali - 2nd Fastest Driver in Quali vs 2nd Slowest Driver in Quali - etc........

Drawings:
After the Quali every Player get assigned a number! From Slowest to Fastest in ascending sequence! This mean Fastest Driver get's number 1 - 2nd Fastest number 2 - etc.....
In Order to avoid that Fastest Drivers meet eachother already in round 2 we split up Drivers between 2 strings!
String 1:
Driver1
Driver16

Driver5
Driver12

Driver10
Driver7

Driver14
Driver3

String 2:
Driver4
Driver13

Driver8
Driver9

Driver11
Driver6

Driver15
Driver2

This means Driver 1 and 2 can only meet each other in the Final! This system of course works with more people as well! This is just an example! I don't expect to get as much players as last year, that's why we race all races in 1 Server! The system as it is now works with less people as well! So bring some patience to this Event, don't expect that it runs as smooth as a normal race!

K.O. System:
-ghost off
-fuel off - damage off
-5 Laps
-best of 3 - first Driver with 2 wins rises to the next round!
-startposition get's switched after every heat
Heat1:
Driver1
Driver16
Heat2:
Driver1
Driver16
Heat3:
Driver1
Driver16
-Lucky Loser rule takes place if the number of participants of the 2 Strings can't divided by four! For example 5 - 6 - 7! This means Fastest "Looser" of each String has the possibility to advance to the next round! Server Admins need to check the Race Total Times of each Heat in order to find out who leads in the Lucky Looser list!
-small Final is driven to find out who get's the last spot on the podium!
-remaining points spots from 5-8 will be assigned to those who reached quarter finals! again faster total race time sets the order here! same to last 2 points spots!
-remember this is a full points Event!

Behaviour:
Since this is a new Event with a system that has never been tested it can take some more time then a normal Race Evening! Bring some patience! Don't cry around because of the waiting! Don't go away from keyboard! After 1 minute of waiting afk Player looses 1 Heat! 1 minute more and he lost whole duel! Let's have some FUN and make this a success!

Downloads:
Track
Quali-Track
Last edited by Lanz on Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Afinfas

Post by Afinfas » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:17 am

Thanks for organizing this Lanz! Much appreciated as it makes loads of fun! ;)

power79

Post by power79 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:24 am

Lanz wrote:PTM -2- Show Event - Infos

-Lucky Looser
Correct spelling is "Lucky Loser".
rule takes place if the number of participants of the 2 Strings can't divided by four! For example 5 - 6 - 7! This means Fastest "Looser" of each String has the possibility to advance to the next round! Server Admins need to check the Race Total Times of each Heat in order to find out who leads in the Lucky Looser list!
-remaining points spots from 4-8 will be assigned to those who reached quarter finals! again fastest lap sets the order here! same to last 2 points spots!
Sorry that I need to ask, but I wasn't at last year's event. So Lucky Loser is determined by Total Race Time but point spots by Fastest Lap? I looked last year's results and (6.)Pingu(faster race time) is ahead of (7.)Stylus(faster lap). Im pretty confused about that. So which determines 3rd and 4th places (for small final)?

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:57 am

power79 wrote:
Lanz wrote:PTM -2- Show Event - Infos

-Lucky Looser
Correct spelling is "Lucky Loser".

:idea:
rule takes place if the number of participants of the 2 Strings can't divided by four! For example 5 - 6 - 7! This means Fastest "Looser" of each String has the possibility to advance to the next round! Server Admins need to check the Race Total Times of each Heat in order to find out who leads in the Lucky Looser list!
-remaining points spots from 4-8 will be assigned to those who reached quarter finals! again fastest lap sets the order here! same to last 2 points spots!
Sorry that I need to ask, but I wasn't at last year's event. So Lucky Loser is determined by Total Race Time but point spots by Fastest Lap? I looked last year's results and (6.)Pingu(faster race time) is ahead of (7.)Stylus(faster lap). Im pretty confused about that. So which determines 3rd and 4th places (for small final)?

sorry for confusion it's ofc faster total race time who sets the order! fastest lap only counts for setting up the duels! if we get at least 8 players we can drive out who ends in the finals (big and small)! time only counts from position 5 to ...... in the final standings! so for example: last year Eddie-Pingu-Stylus-Mike-dede-Lanz-Alfono and Arjen made it to the Quarter Finals! 4 of them reached the semis and the rest was eliminated! so how you set the final order for those 4 guys who are now out? because of time issue etc i decided to set that order just by the faster total race time each guy drove in all the heats he drove so far! so i ended up 5th because in my 5 heats i drove i setted a faster total race time then pingu on 6th place etc......

5. [BMW] Lanz

1:21.310 - 39.345
1:22.974 - 40.820
1:21.285 - 39.270
1:22.649 - 40.036
1:21.537 - 39.135

6. [Audi] Pingu

1:22.084 - 39.763
1:22.310 - 39.909
1:21.656 - 39.268
1:24.240 - 41.827

clear???

power79

Post by power79 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:12 pm

Lanz wrote: clear???
Sure. I was just confused by those wordings you used in that info. Like:
time only counts from position 5 to ...... in the final standings!
This makes sense,but
-remaining points spots from 4-8 will be assigned to those who reached quarter finals! again faster total race time sets the order here! same to last 2 points spots!
This says that 4th place is determined by faster race time. I guess its just a typo.

Stylus

Post by Stylus » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:54 pm

vvvvvvvvvv
How do I delete this?

Afinfas

Post by Afinfas » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:13 pm