PTM 2 - Infos - Schedule - Subscriptions

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Afinfas
Community User Level: 3

Re: PTM 2 - Infos - Schedule - Subscriptions

Post by Afinfas » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:01 pm

Lanz wrote:
Afinfas wrote:
Lanz wrote:today 19 GMT - 20 CET Show Event Test Session!
Wasnt supposed to be zandvoort?? At least is what is on the calender!!?
today is saturday! we race sundays! today it's just a test!
Ahahaha...sorry, i havent seen the TODAY!! :)

See you tomorrow... ;)
"Dont forget to be happy!"

Whiplash
Community User Level: 5

Post by Whiplash » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:00 pm

Videos are uploaded (first post). It would be quite fun race if I just didn't miss the pit again. :) Also, Stylus confused me with some Rambo overtaking style. :P

Lanz
Community User Level: 4

Post by Lanz » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:10 pm

f shame! after a total nice pole position i had a really nice fight with mike! at least till lap 12 or so i had the same pace as him, until the first disconnection hitted me right in the face! :evil: after i reconnected i was already a lap down! tried to drive to the end anyway but somehow it was not possible! disconnection after disconnection! not even able to try to hit at least the fastest lap of the race! patetic! never experienced this in my TS history, sure a disconnection happens to everbody but that many was really strange! i hope it doesn`t happen again!

Mike Nike

Post by Mike Nike » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:33 pm

after luckily catching up to lanz from 4th place, our pace started to become kinda similar.
pitting 1 lap earlier, being millimeters ;D in front, including a bit of blocking by me, lanz was forced to pass me as soon as possible. next to lanz, i disconnected for 4 seconds as well though - in lap 25. luckily palo was on a 1 stopper and i still had less damage for the rest of the race.
all around, warmup seemed quite warpy, race slightly less.
was nice to drive this car again!

Stylus
Community User Level: 1
Community User Level: 1

Post by Stylus » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:35 pm

Whiplash wrote:Videos are uploaded (first post). It would be quite fun race if I just didn't miss the pit again. :) Also, Stylus confused me with some Rambo overtaking style. :P
What lap?

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:55 pm

Results:

Zandvoort

Q1:

1. [Merc] Whiplash (37.509)
2. [Merc] Mike Nike (37.650)
3. [Merc] Alfonso (37.772)
4. [BMW] Lanz (37.782)
5. [Audi] Palo (37.825)
==========================
6. [BMW] GR8 Arjen (37.827)
7. [BMW] power79 (37.936)
8. [Merc] Stylus (37.961)
9. [BMW] Szymek (38.085)
10. [Audi] Lemon (38.299)
11. [Audi] Shaytun (38.776)
12. [Audi] Safety Car (no Time)

Q2:

1. [BMW] Lanz (37.453)
2. [Audi] Palo (37.633)
3. [Merc] Alfonso (37.700)
4. [Merc] Mike Nike (37.702)
5. [Merc] Whiplash (37.742)
==========================
6. [BMW] GR8 Arjen (37.827)
7. [BMW] power79 (37.936)
8. [Merc] Stylus (37.961)
9. [BMW] Szymek (38.085)
10. [Audi] Lemon (38.299)
11. [Audi] Shaytun (38.776)
12. [Audi] Safety Car (no Time)

Race:

1. [Merc] Mike Nike 20:32.856 - Lap 20 (38.016)
2. [Audi] Palo +3.300 - Lap 16 (38.346)
3. [Merc] Stylus +4.567 - Lap 23 (38.019)
4. [Merc] Alfonso +5.354 - Lap 23 (38.288)
5. [Merc] Whiplash +10.699 - Lap 25 (38.640)
6. [BMW] GR8 Arjen +17.660 - Lap 18 (38.846)
7. [BMW] power79 +18.143 - Lap 23 (38.526)
8. [Audi] Safety Car +30.475 - Lap 25 (38.561)
9. [Audi] Shaytun +40.058 - Lap 22 (39.045)
10. [Audi] Lemon +1 Lap - Lap 25 (38.859)
11. [BMW] Lanz +10 Laps - Lap 20 (38.346)
12. [BMW] Szymek +30 Laps - Lap 1 (45.001)

Afinfas

Post by Afinfas » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:00 pm

I had fun and it was nice to see one of teh strongest contenders showing up, being Mike Nike. I knew as soon as I saw his name on the starting list that it would mean that I would get 1 place lower then "normally". :lol:

So indeed it happened. I can say I had a nice pace during the race but made some stupid mistakes on the big straight...2 times!!!! :shock: One of these times Palo was slowed down by me. After going to grass on Left side, I tried quickly to go to the right side so the guy behind me (Palo) could pass. It happened that we both reacted at the same time and he hitted me and we both stopped loosing quite some time!

I made 2 stops and in the end I was chasing Stylus but couldnt pass him. I finished with only 0.2s disadvantage to him. I felt he and me were loosing concentration towards the end...

Still I was happy with end 4th place.

Would like to see the top drivers joining us, so I can see my real value on track. Still, I feel that I can fight for a podium which is nice.

See you next week guys.

power79

Post by power79 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:10 pm

What a catastrophic race for BMW! Both Lanz and Szymek had technical difficulties, BMW engineers: FAIL!

I watched replay couple times and seemed pretty clean race. Lots of small rear bumps from almost everyone but nothing dirty. Arjen unnecessary gave me position back once when I was the one who made mistake. But what you'll do? I take it. In the end though, Arjen was ahead as I lost another tight battle. It's becoming my TS trademark.

If you absolutely have to find something to investigate I think Alfonso's passing over Stylus was a bit dirty on lap 14. Another thing is that if penalty is needed for Lanz when he obviously was unconscious while his KITT car was driving insane circles and entered to pits from wrong end etc? I think race control should give Lanz a pass, but lets wait for official decision.

Race time was again quite bad. Its shame that we don't have Tijny and Dede (+ many others) racing. Luckily we had Legendary Mike this time and he did his best but was also hurt by technical problems. Maybe he should invest some of his poker winnings to better internet connection.

Afinfas

Post by Afinfas » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:34 pm

power79 wrote:
If you absolutely have to find something to investigate I think Alfonso's passing over Stylus was a bit dirty on lap 14.
Well, I havent seen replay yet but I think I know what you are mentioning. I think I had the position AND, a big AND, last week there was no penalty at all for Stylus by being involved in two incidents very very similar. Thats what I was saying by opening a big precedent by not giving penalty last week. If there was no penalty last week, this week we cant have one at all! 8)

But will see the replay soon, finishing watching madrid vs barca! :)

Afinfas

Post by Afinfas » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:30 pm

Ok, I´ve just seen the replay and...

On the incident with Stylus, im from the opinion that I he simply went to wide on first corner and I entered on the inside conquering the space. He should have simply released the gas pedal/key a bit and he would avoid the collision. I admit, was a bit rough but, as I said I had the position.

What I also saw and had forgotten about was on my first pitstop, lap 8/9, I entered in front of whisplah and secured the front place. Strangely enough, he just stopped his car in front of mine blocking my exit! Was this on purpose?? I didnt really got it.
If not due to poor connection then I think it definitely deserves some sort of penalty.

Anyone care to analyse both incidents please? So we can have more opinions. Just have in mind the precedent from last week! :lol:

power79

Post by power79 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:11 pm

Afinfas wrote: What I also saw and had forgotten about was on my first pitstop, lap 8/9, I entered in front of whisplah and secured the front place. Strangely enough, he just stopped his car in front of mine blocking my exit! Was this on purpose?? I didnt really got it.
If not due to poor connection then I think it definitely deserves some sort of penalty.
To me its quite clear that Whip just didn't break early enough and had to pass you to avoid collision. Then he had to pit in front of you cause, well, he couldn't drive backwards and there was no more room in pit. Maybe worth penalty but clearly not in purpose.

And you and stylus wasn't that bad but I would have felt wrong doing that because in my mind everytime you hit opponent and they go offroad its a no no. I would let them pass. But I don't think it was enough for penalty or even warning when comparing events from last race. I just mentioned it because rest of the race looked so clean that it stand out a bit.

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:29 am

Stylus wrote:
Whiplash wrote:Videos are uploaded (first post). It would be quite fun race if I just didn't miss the pit again. :) Also, Stylus confused me with some Rambo overtaking style. :P
What lap?
Lap 4, first curve. You weren't even in line with me and still decided to attack. We stayed on the track just by luck. :P

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:47 pm

Mike Nike wrote:lanz was forced to pass me as soon as possible
well actually i had no hurry at all! being on the same strategy but having 1 lap fresher tyres as an advantage made me feel real calm! i knew it would be hard to get you specially at Zandvoort! sadly outer influences destroyed a fight which i clearly enjoyed a lot!

power wrote:Race time was again quite bad. Its shame that we don't have Tijny and Dede (+ many others) racing
yeah thats ofc not nice but this time it was particularly bad because of mike having troubles, 14 seconds is definately too much! but until my epic 2 minutes lap i was going quiet good from what i compared with Tinky`s winning pace from last year!
Tinky:41.323c 38.943 38.629 38.703 39.118 38.955 39.002 39.288 39.418 40.013 46.607 38.409 38.601 38.247 38.380
ME: 41.399 38.931c 39.209 39.423 39.251 39.074 39.166 39.383 40.448 46.516c 38.517 39.246c 2:08.443c

Alfonso wrote:Well, I havent seen replay yet but I think I know what you are mentioning. I think I had the position AND, a big AND, last week there was no penalty at all for Stylus by being involved in two incidents very very similar. Thats what I was saying by opening a big precedent by not giving penalty last week. If there was no penalty last week, this week we cant have one at all!
well that`s really the wrong way to see those things! from now on things like that will be punished! i don`t like to do it but seems i have no other chance!

Afinfas

Post by Afinfas » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:27 pm

Lanz wrote:
Alfonso wrote:Well, I havent seen replay yet but I think I know what you are mentioning. I think I had the position AND, a big AND, last week there was no penalty at all for Stylus by being involved in two incidents very very similar. Thats what I was saying by opening a big precedent by not giving penalty last week. If there was no penalty last week, this week we cant have one at all!
well that`s really the wrong way to see those things! from now on things like that will be punished! i don`t like to do it but seems i have no other chance!
I still play fair and I dont make on purpose to put cars out but I cant stop mentioning the events from last week. And its not only about me. Its about being fair to everyone and be consistent in terms of penalties, otherwise you will always report to similar events that werent punished at all. Its simple thoughts that everyone has I think.

But dont worry, I will not change from a fair player to a total §#"§ß! ;)

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:31 pm

Championship Standings
Alfonso wrote:I still play fair and I dont make on purpose to put cars out but I cant stop mentioning the events from last week. And its not only about me. Its about being fair to everyone and be consistent in terms of penalties, otherwise you will always report to similar events that werent punished at all. Its simple thoughts that everyone has I think.

But dont worry, I will not change from a fair player to a total §#"§ß! ;)
well it was not my intention to immediately punish a known fair player for his first rough actions! i can`t remember that stylus was ever involved in controversial decisions till now! also with me getting maybe the win on the green table it would of had a bad taste after all! if we see the PTM 3 there will be added a Race Control including more players then just me!

about those incidents:

Whip vs Stylus: that was simply nothing!
Alfonso vs Stylus: definately to wait there! from now on in similar situations 5 seconds will be added to the total race time!

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:00 pm

little reminder: race 4 starts in exactly 1 hour!

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:33 pm

seems there is something wrong with the track! i immediately realized that the dl was much bigger then the track itself! over 3000kb but track only has 1900! people got invalid track! dont know whats wrong since for me track is working! at least for those who downloaded the track from the server it's not working!

Mike Nike

Post by Mike Nike » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:18 pm

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:33 pm

It was my fault in the end I guess. Seems I didn't upload all the files before I closed the FTP client. Luckily I fixed it right on time. :P I can't say much about the race cause I saw nobody on the track.

power79

Post by power79 » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:35 pm

Whip, upload videos please.

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:11 pm

well sry for the delay! but as it turned out it wasn`t my fault! :lol:
i will not post the results cos there are some controversial things going on regarding me and mike! i got no time today and tomorrow to analyze things quickly! until tomorrow evening i should be able to take a look! also i need to finish Show-Event Track for next week! i will post that asap!

Mike Nike

Post by Mike Nike » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:13 pm

@lanz
checked the replay and apparently all the blocks i have done seemed to be quite normal defending lines. one time it was close, since i was driving to the right side quite late, but in my replay it seemed early enough, since the collision was front/back and not at a moment where you was less than 1 car lengths behind me.
and it wasnt like i made a big mistake or so. surely i wasnt driving so fast (you seemed to have more practice with the slow 1st stint car driving behaviour), but i think i still had the right to defend like i did.

lap 6 or so i skipped to close the inside door.
you came milimeters to my side. imo thats a situation where you have to drive the inner line with low speed and me the outer line. isnt it?
i steered in quite normal for the outer line i thought, but you steered in so late...you basicly let me drive into you.
i think you were supposed to drive the line where you leave me 1 car width at the left side instead of taking the aggressive line, where you end up at the very outside left after the curve.
it felt a bit like an ice hockey move..

on lap 32ish or so, i was inside at the same curve and you outside. imo you were supposed to not drive aggressivly to the inside, where my line was.
i dont know if you thought i was backing off by slowing down short before the curve, after i already was +-1/4th car lengths next to you. but mainly that was necessary to give you enough space for the outside line, while i try to drive the inside line, where i dont end up bumping you off when reaching the left side of the next straight.

probably rules here are differently than in f1sl if it comes to overtaking, but if cars are next to each other like that, as soon as you cross my line, it is an illegal crossing.
if i woulda kept the speed, driving fast into the curve and slowing down after it, to let you space, you would have likely bumped into me. but even you didnt collide with me there, i think the line wasnt really fair.

also, on lap 31, straight after 2nd curve, you defend to the inside (without collision) and then drive left again veery close to me. you defend in one direction and normally have to stay there until the rest of the straight and arent allowed to cross the line of the guy anymore, you fight against, if still right behind you. wasnt that an illegal crossing? or is that just in tse f1 league and f1sl?
normally you shoulda stayed at the right side until end of straight (and maybe drive a bit left again in case you are not in my line). you then woulda normally taken the next curve not so optimal, giving me the chance to overtake maybe. instead you just drove right in front of me, crossing my line a 2nd time.

edit:

http://mikenike.mi.ohost.de/ts/ts_fair_or_not.jpg

line 1: the 2 lines i expected to be standard, i leave lanz inner side at least 1 car width room and he leaves me outisde at least 1 car width room.

line 2: the ice hockey line lol. if thats fair to you and allowed..i will adjust to it. in that case the inner car forces the outside car to keep outside until the inner car decides to break and steer right while leaving the outside car still >1 car width room. both lose quite some time there and the outside car would have fault when driving right too early, while the inner car has fault in case of not letting the outside car enough space.
apparently in the replay lanz drives inside close and ended up outside at quite the very left. so...even if i would have steered in later, avoiding a bump, he still would have bumped me offroad, unless he reacts superfast and realizes he doesnt let me space anymore at the left side, but after watching the replay i think the chance was like <5% that lanz would have done that.
Last edited by Mike Nike on Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:17 pm

power79 wrote:Whip, upload videos please.
Done. Sorry, I forgot. :wink:

Mike Nike

Post by Mike Nike » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:48 pm

else, the race was kinda interesting.
after the actually not serious meant comment, i would block all others to give stylus a big winning lead gap...
it looked like i actually tried that, but that was just random. while my unpracticed slow a** slowed down lanz, stylus had the opportunity to get quite a gap - which didnt work as much as he liked to though, since the gap wasnt increasing by that much.
so, while lanz was taking first curve in stint 1 probably full speed each time, i was mostly slowing down there a lot, losing quite much time.
then i accidently pitted 1 lap too late and wanted to adjust my 2nd pit timing accordingly. for my suprise lanz waited quite long with his last pit - and he came out perfectly in front of me, while having a faster car in addition.
luckily we were so close, the pressure factor probably made him a bit slower, while i was forced to drive high risk though to keep up with the slower car.
and in lap 31ish or so, i actually came quite close, when lanz made a bit of a driving line mistake, then drove slight over grass for last straight, giving me the chance to overtake inside. but then he drove the aggressive line, which would have resulted in a block, when i wouldnt have slowed down to not bump into him at the left side (outcome of curve). by the way, i am honestly not sure if i would have managed to avoid a bump there either at the left outside.

still, at some point of the race i was pretty pissed and it felt like i did some additional mistakes due to that mood.

i dunno how fast i woulda been if i would have practiced a race simulation, likely not so "turtle"-ish in stint 1. but without practice vs lanz, at least in stint 1, he seemed to be driving like he deserved to win. gg for that.

funny was, somehow i messed up the positioning of my left arm, and it actually felt asleep including hand with fingers during middle of race and i had to reposition it, shaking it..driving a while with just 1 hand. that was weird..

Afinfas

Post by Afinfas » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:50 pm

Sorry guys...I couldnt show up tonight. I had a gig.

Sad cause I quite enjoyed this track. Anyway...I hope you all had fun. How many persons showed up?