Turbo Sliders Rally Championship

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

szymek66
Community User Level: 2

Turbo Sliders Rally Championship

Post by szymek66 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:28 pm

So far we only have RMPTS cup and some off-road rallies (annual Dakar and one edition of Baja Poland). Since nowadays ts community is quite dead, I think it's the best time to organise a rally cup not only for those, who aren't afraid of visting polish site.

First I'd like to know if I can get any interest in this idea. That's why I don't post a fixed schedule, rulebook etc. Let's say if at least 8 people express their desire to participate in Turbo Sliders Rally Championship, I'll start to organise it officially.

Here are some details (I'm open to any changes)

Cars:
I think RMPTS cars were quite good, so I don't want to change them. 6 types of cars should be enough, especially when everyone can use custom colors.
HERE you can download carpack from RMPTS.

Stages:
For sure they will be unreleased - you will be able to download them from the server before each stage (optionally link would be posted on forum ~3 minutes before start of the rally)
Propably to make them, I'll use power's track generator. (So don't expect stages looking fantastic, driveability is the most important factor for me)

Calendar:
10 rounds (with 2 drops), one rally per week. Day and exact time of the rallies will be decided in the poll later.

Rally format:
Prologue (kind of warm-up) + 10-12 stages. Whole event shouldn't take more then one hour though.

Points system:
I suggest to use WRC points structure (25-18-15-12-10-8-6-4-2-1) but without bonus points for power stages

Some basic rules:
1) I gonna use same starting system as in RMPTS and Dakar: Ghost mode switched off + we are starting with intervals (10,240 between each car). After the stage, you'll see results and overall classifications on the chat.
2) If you don't finish a stage, you aren't excluded from the event. Your time will be stage winner's time + 2 minutes of a penalty bur you can continue participating in the event.
3) Even if you are late, you can join during the rally. You'll get bufor time (so it practically means you won't be able to fight with anybody) but you could normally receive points for finishing in TOP10

Guys, who are interested in participating in TSRC: - it's not normal entry list yet so don't choose a car and a team, just write in this topic if you want to take part in this rally cup

1. Szymek66
2. Lanz
3. Mike Nike
4. power79
5. xzeal
6. Wokinger
Last edited by szymek66 on Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Lanz
Community User Level: 4

Re: Turbo Sliders Rally Championship

Post by Lanz » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:08 pm

totes in!

Mike Nike
Community User Level: 5

Post by Mike Nike » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:15 pm

"if at least 8 people express their desire to participate"

me and my 7 clones want to participate.

power79
Community User Level: 3

Post by power79 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:46 pm

In of course.

8 people will be tough requirement as the case is that its true that ts people are afraid of polish sites but also lot of the Polish drivers seems to be afraid of ts.com :lol: But maybe Szymek can encourage them to join too.

szymek66

Post by szymek66 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:23 pm

Of course I'll try to convince some polish guys to join this cup. But it can be really hard since we have a problem with attendance at f1sl races

---
Mike Nike wrote:"if at least 8 people express their desire to participate"

me and my 7 clones want to participate.
:lol:

xzeal

Post by xzeal » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:34 pm

maaaaaaaaaaaaaybe i would participate - as long as the races are not too late or on a friday or saturday.

szymek66

Post by szymek66 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:09 pm

C'mon guys, sign up!

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:03 am

szymek66 wrote:C'mon guys, sign up!

yeah guys, give it a try it's a very nice competition!

Wokinger

Post by Wokinger » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:17 pm

sign me :P

szymek66

Post by szymek66 » Mon May 05, 2014 2:06 pm

Okey, it's time for some info:
Although only six players signed up so far, I'm going to organise this cup, hoping for participation of some non-signed up.
So, as I don't want to decide about everything alone, there are two things we should discuss:

1) Day of events - I'm open to any suggestions, I don't want to choose the day which isn't good for any of you. Every day suits me, if there's no conflict with other series (since PTM finished and FTC/RS are organised later than I want to run TSRC, it's only F1SL).

2) Date of first event - here are my proposals (feel free to write yours though):

a) start in two weeks (middle of May)
I don't have to do tons of work for this cup so we can start soon. If some of you can't attend events during holidays (I know power can't), I can shorten the cup or extend number of drops.

b) start after WorldCup 2014 (middle of July)
I don't know how many dedicated football fans we have here. If many, waiting till end of World Cup would be good idea.

c) start after holidays (September)
Reasons for late start of TSRC are obvious (avoiding conflicts with holiday trips; worse weather, more time to play TS etc.)

Waiting for your comments

power79

Post by power79 » Mon May 05, 2014 5:20 pm

szymek66 wrote: 1) Day of events - I'm open to any suggestions, I don't want to choose the day which isn't good for any of you. Every day suits me, if there's no conflict with other series (since PTM finished and FTC/RS are organised later than I want to run TSRC, it's only F1SL).
I am ok with other days except saturday. Sunday seems most popular among ts players, but week days are also fine to me.
2) Date of first event - here are my proposals (feel free to write yours though):

a) start in two weeks (middle of May)
I don't have to do tons of work for this cup so we can start soon. If some of you can't attend events during holidays (I know power can't), I can shorten the cup or extend number of drops.

b) start after WorldCup 2014 (middle of July)
I don't know how many dedicated football fans we have here. If many, waiting till end of World Cup would be good idea.

c) start after holidays (September)
Reasons for late start of TSRC are obvious (avoiding conflicts with holiday trips; worse weather, more time to play TS etc.)
From my perspective we are unfortunately starting too late. proposal a) means I will probably miss the last rallies, b) I can't participate at all. So I guess sadly I have to support c).

Or, if possible, maybe a mini/practice cup starting asap. Then the bigger series could start at september. Or we could drive two rallies per week... I don't know, why couldn't we just start month ago? :cry:

shyguy1001

Post by shyguy1001 » Mon May 05, 2014 6:18 pm

Definitely in, would be good if you could wait a couple of weeks before starting the cup so I can have my PC back, I understand if you want to get going though... I love Dakar Rally and I think it could be a really great cup.. Especially if we get the chance to go up against Dede, Tijny etc.. cmon guys sign up! :)
www.youtube.com/sliderstv <---- Best Turbosliders Videos ever made ;)

Lanz

Post by Lanz » Mon May 05, 2014 7:43 pm

definately sundays for me! week days the chance of missing it is to high! when we start doesn`t matter to me, i even skipped Moto Gp races for the PTM! for some good action on track it`s definately worth it! i said it already and i say it once more: sign in guys you won`t regret it!