It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:23 am

Punaball Champions Leagues - Rules Discussion

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

shyguy1001

Community User Level: 5

Punaball Champions Leagues - Rules Discussion

PostThu Jul 31, 2014 7:47 pm

Sorry to be Spamguy1001, but heres another PCL topic.. :D I'm keeping them all seperate to keep people from getting mixed up and ignoring certain issues..

So, my questions is specifically about two potential rules that could be agreed on use for PCL - currently there are two main rules, middle line rule on kick off after a goal (dont cross it before the guys with the ball, or the ball), and last touch rule on final whistle (game is only over after LAST TOUCH of the ball by a player, this is to avoid the whistle going just as the ball goes in the net and it not counting the goal).

However, what would people think about these rules:

Away goals rule. Personally I'm against this, but I'll ask anyway. It could be used in group stages as a tiebreaker, and also in Knockout stages in two legged ties similar to real CL. However, I think ET is a much fairer way to settle games.. but still, if you disagree please say!

And more importantly, timewasting rules. I realised I didn't stipulate them anywhere in the original topic, so would be interested to hear what people think here. Theres two types of rule, one, to prevent people from timewasting on their kick off. Imagine the situation, someones 3-0 up, with 2 minutes left of the 2nd half. The other team scores, its 3-1. Now on their kick off, the leading team takes ages and ages to go past the center line and so wastes time the other team could use to try to score.. Therefore I would suggest a 10 second rule, where if they still havent played the ball past the center line after that, there could be some kind of warning/penalty.. or perhaps the PCL ref can just say when 10 seconds or so is up, and then the other team can cross the center line too. The second type is in the rare event someone disconnects during the game, so the game needs to stop, and minutes are wasted.. would people like a situation where the admin can say an extra minute or so (however much time is wasted) can be added on at the end of the game? Or would people prefer some other way round that problem? (e.g immediately stopping the game, or whatever you can think of)

Cheers in advance for your inputs! Remember I'm no punaexpert, so I'd like to hear what you, the players want to deal with these problems, and thats what we'll do.
www.youtube.com/sliderstv <---- Best Turbosliders Videos ever made ;)

Jan

Community User Level: 3

Community User Level: 3

Re: Punaball Champions Leagues - Rules Discussion

PostFri Aug 01, 2014 11:45 am

10 second rule is good. I think the best way to deal with lags and disconnections is to count it as a part of the game and continue the game normally. It requires no additional hassle and nobody can waste time by complaining about lag etc.

last touch rule on final whistle (game is only over after LAST TOUCH of the ball by a player, this is to avoid the whistle going just as the ball goes in the net and it not counting the goal).

I don't understand why this is necessary. The game is able to determine if the goal is scored within time or not so this just makes things more complicated and ambiguous without adding really anything.

shyguy1001

PostFri Aug 01, 2014 7:11 pm

I don't expect last touch rule to be used even once in the cup, in fact I've never seen a puna match where it would be needed.. however it would seem very unfair if, just as ball was about to go in with no opposing team around, whistle went and so game didnt count it. Remember every game will be an advert for puna and turbosliders as a whole on youtube, so my thinking is I wouldn't want any silly controversies.

Theres a secondary benefit too, that it makes admins wait a few seconds before /continue at the end of halves/games, and thats very good for my recordings I have found in the tests, it looks quite silly if game ends too quickly :P

But anyway I'm fairly sure rule isnt too complicated, basically consider when "game over" comes on the screen, after that as soon as someone touches the ball, game is over. Like I said before, I would be very surprised if its needed even once.

As to lags etc, I'm fine with having it as just "part of the game" although I'm worried not all people are honest fair players and some could fake lags/disconnects to waste time when winning.. we would just have to hope that doesnt happen I guess :P

Jurgen-NL

Community User Level: 4

PostFri Aug 01, 2014 11:22 pm

i dont mind this ruleset at all nothing bothers me nothing seems unfair to anyone however i have a question or maybe more while im writing :)

about the lag rule i think its good to exactly know how you intend to implement it i would like it if you could make a short step plan how it would go while playing :)

for instance how are you going to set up the server will games end by an admin or will games end on the timer that is within the servers ability :p

how will the extra time played caused by lag/disconnection to be added exactly?

think this sums it up :)
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!

shyguy1001

PostSat Aug 02, 2014 8:18 am

Jurgen-NL wrote:i dont mind this ruleset at all nothing bothers me nothing seems unfair to anyone however i have a question or maybe more while im writing :)

about the lag rule i think its good to exactly know how you intend to implement it i would like it if you could make a short step plan how it would go while playing :)

for instance how are you going to set up the server will games end by an admin or will games end on the timer that is within the servers ability :p

how will the extra time played caused by lag/disconnection to be added exactly?

think this sums it up :)

Yeah, plan was always for games to end by timer (with last touch rule if necessary), I actually never even thought of setting more time than that and ending it by admin as a way to deal with lag/disconnect stops.. Ofc, this only applies if someones disconnected for a long time (1 minute plus), so originally my plan would be for admins to time that roughly and then simply go /time 1 or /time 2 or whatever after the half has finished, then play those 1 or 2 minutes before going on to the next half/extra time (or ending the game, whichever comes next). Any method is possible though, perhaps if the disconnect happens for say, 2 minutes in the first half, we could then simply make the second half 7 minutes long?

It's all open for discussion basically :)

Jurgen-NL

PostSat Aug 02, 2014 9:52 am

how about in extra time when someone also disconnects ;) ?
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!

shyguy1001

PostSat Aug 02, 2014 11:38 am

Jurgen-NL wrote:how about in extra time when someone also disconnects ;) ?

Sure, it would be the same method as in normal time.. whatever one we agree on (extending the half with an added session, having sessions with a longer /time than neccesary and admin calling when it ends, etc). In Sudden Death theres no problem at all, since time is infinite there until someone scores, we just have to stop play and restart either with /continue so theres the ball in the middle again or just with whoever had possession starting from their half.

Btw I am glad you are asking me these questions, I have a clear plan in my head but sometimes I forget to write details down so its good to explain them! We do need to make a decision on exactly what procedures to use before the test cup which is looking like this thursday though :)

Return to Competitions