Full Contact Championship #1

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Matic
Community User Level: 1

Re: Full Contact Championship

Post by Matic » Sat May 16, 2015 9:45 pm

In

Jan
Community User Level: 3

Post by Jan » Sat May 16, 2015 10:55 pm

Whiplash wrote:If we get more than 20 players, I guess I'll find a way to make a fair qualification for top 20. Maybe we could use Hot Lap server for that? Best 20 of subscribed players who are in top of the ranking with AntiSlider could get advantage to play in the main group. The others would play a separated championship for amateurs. So, how about that?
I'm up for anything the organizers want but I don't like adding wanking to Full Contact at all. In any case I'm not going to wank in the hot lap server except for a few laps. Maybe I won't be in the upper division then.

kikiriki

Post by kikiriki » Sat May 16, 2015 11:14 pm

Jan wrote:
Whiplash wrote:If we get more than 20 players, I guess I'll find a way to make a fair qualification for top 20. Maybe we could use Hot Lap server for that? Best 20 of subscribed players who are in top of the ranking with AntiSlider could get advantage to play in the main group. The others would play a separated championship for amateurs. So, how about that?
I'm up for anything the organizers want but I don't like adding wanking to Full Contact at all. In any case I'm not going to wank in the hot lap server except for a few laps. Maybe I won't be in the upper division then.
+1

Whiplash
Community User Level: 5

Post by Whiplash » Sat May 16, 2015 11:14 pm

Jan wrote:
Whiplash wrote:...I don't like adding wanking to Full Contact at all...
Then give some better idea.

xzeal

Post by xzeal » Sat May 16, 2015 11:31 pm

Whiplash wrote:Grrr. Sunday is, for sure, better. Let's hope xzeal will find a way to join us too.
So, I'm taking it back to: Sunday (24.5.2015.) at 21:00 CET
I have to wake up at 5:00CET - so not happening.

Anyway, wanking and full contact don't go together, at all. Better to have a 3 race mini cup for qualyfication. Or for first cup let the first 20 who show up be in the top group and the rest in the other group and starting from next cup it will be based on previous cup (like top 14 in top group stay and top 6 from bottom group in last cup promote to top group). Odds are you wont have many in the other group anyway.

and points should be 1.st in bottom group is same as 11.th in top group.

ninjinha_br

Post by ninjinha_br » Sun May 17, 2015 12:32 am

Im in !!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Bruno Gol v8

Post by Bruno Gol v8 » Sun May 17, 2015 12:38 am

Im in
:P

iBlaze²

Post by iBlaze² » Sun May 17, 2015 9:07 am

I think we're over-complicating this. Allow more than 20 to sign up but first 20 to sign up take priority. Other spaces are reserves in case somebody from the main list doesn't show up.

Then, if somebody misses a cup, they come out of the 20 and onto the reserve list with the person who took their place going in to the 20 for the next Sunday. Simple. No need for divisions, wanking, groups or anything.

EDIT: also, why can't we bring the start time an hour or 2 earlier so xzeal can play? Everybody else who stated their availability would be available then too.

Kid Masters

Post by Kid Masters » Sun May 17, 2015 9:42 am

I'd like to be in too!!

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Sun May 17, 2015 10:40 am

iBlaze² wrote:I think we're over-complicating this. Allow more than 20 to sign up but first 20 to sign up take priority. Other spaces are reserves in case somebody from the main list doesn't show up.
I'd rather make the same chances for everybody. And, also, I'd rather have one overall ranking for all players.
iBlaze² wrote:also, why can't we bring the start time an hour or 2 earlier so xzeal can play? Everybody else who stated their availability would be available then too.
We can consider that. One hour earlier is better than two. So, does anyone have a problem with 20:00 CET?

Enrico Papi

Post by Enrico Papi » Sun May 17, 2015 11:55 am

A lot of us have a problem with Sundays at 20:00 CET because we also play at another game called Haxball, and every sunday we have a match around 20 CET

Alexander Wurz

Post by Alexander Wurz » Sun May 17, 2015 12:32 pm

I definitely agree with Sainz's idea. 2 divisions with the relegation system. Best 5 out of 6 cups determine the total amount of points

Carlos Sainz Jr

Post by Carlos Sainz Jr » Sun May 17, 2015 12:45 pm

Guys, I don't wanna be rude but if we continue to discuss we'll never start this competition. So, since this cup is an idea of Enrico Papi (with the support of all "his" crew), we'd like to play with our rules. To be honest i don't even understand the complants 'bout an ordinary system saying something like "wank" ecc. All of you just need to race, then me and Whiplash (if he wants an help) will calculate standings, relegations ecc.

Who doesn't like it can continue to play randomly on FC server :wink:

Air

Post by Air » Sun May 17, 2015 1:09 pm

I'm in :D

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Sun May 17, 2015 1:16 pm

We just need to find a simple way to give the same chance to all of he subscribed players to compete. Splitting all the players to different divisions is a good idea, but there is no easy way to administrate that. You always have to care about possibility that some players won't show up and that some new ones will be there ready to join. I can't manually just write names of players saying "You play...You go out". There must be a clear, fair and simple rule.
Also, I want to allow each player to participate in the championship, even if 100 of them are subscribed.

Enrico Papi

Post by Enrico Papi » Sun May 17, 2015 2:17 pm

I agree with Carlos Sainz and i'm going to explain why:

Let's say that 30 players subscribe: we can easily do a "Pro League" and an "Amateur League" (15 players in the first one and 15 in the second one obviously) based on our result in "Record Hunting": i don't know how records are classified there, but i'm sure that Whip or someone else can see the standings.

There will be a winner of the Pro League and maybe 3 relegatoons in Amateur League, as a consequence there will be 3 promotions from Amateurs to Pros.

Someone doesn't show up? No problem, we need few races to see who is a reliable person and who is not, and these ones will be excluded from the next cup.

Stylus

Post by Stylus » Sun May 17, 2015 2:39 pm

I'm in

Stylus

Post by Stylus » Sun May 17, 2015 2:43 pm

Whiplash wrote:Grrr. Sunday is, for sure, better. Let's hope xzeal will find a way to join us too.
So, I'm taking it back to: Sunday (24.5.2015.) at 21:00 CET

If we get more than 20 players, I guess I'll find a way to make a fair qualification for top 20. Maybe we could use Hot Lap server for that? Best 20 of subscribed players who are in top of the ranking with AntiSlider could get advantage to play in the main group. The others would play a separated championship for amateurs. So, how about that?
U could do that but u should do that with Anti-slider hunter and not antislider.

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Sun May 17, 2015 3:05 pm

I also don't see that problem of using Hot Lap server for qualification. We all want the fastest players in the Div1, and the best way to get them is to check their Hot Lap skills. The other good thing of this is that we'll get online paying more active in general too.
And, yes, I could ask T to include also the Antislider-Hunter there while championship is going on.

iBlaze²

Post by iBlaze² » Sun May 17, 2015 3:12 pm

Carlos Sainz Jr wrote:To be honest i don't even understand the complants 'bout an ordinary system saying something like "wank" ecc.
Hi Carlos. Just to clarify this, and for all other newcomers in this thread too, "wank" is not a derogatory term in Turbo Sliders. It just means the below:

wanking / lap-wanking = record hunting
to wank = to chase records
wanker = somebody who chases records

So whoever said "wank" was not meaning it in a bad way to you or your ideas, that's just the word people in Turbo Sliders use for record hunting :)

iBlaze²

Post by iBlaze² » Sun May 17, 2015 3:21 pm

PS. And double post because the above was important lol.

I have no problem with any of the ideas suggested, I was just advising a simpler way to admin this. 'Shitalians' are right in that it's their idea so we should run it how they want it and I'm up for this whatever it involves.

If we are going down the route of lap wank qualifying for the divisions though, it should definitely be Anti-Hunter and I would suggest no more than 4-5 laps as this is supposed to be a full contact championship and full contact ghost doesn't work so well :P

Carlos Sainz Jr

Post by Carlos Sainz Jr » Sun May 17, 2015 3:52 pm

Sorry iBlaze², maybe you thought my post was arrogant (maybe a lil bit), but it wasn't my intention :D Thanks for your explanation 'bout wank meaning, by the way.

iBlaze²

Post by iBlaze² » Sun May 17, 2015 4:37 pm

Carlos Sainz Jr wrote:Sorry iBlaze², maybe you thought my post was arrogant (maybe a lil bit), but it wasn't my intention :D Thanks for your explanation 'bout wank meaning, by the way.
Not at all, I actually agree with your post.

I think we're just putting out our suggestions for you guys to consider. Now that you've heard our thoughts you, Enrico and the rest need to decide how you want to run this and one of you should post exactly how it will work. Just so that all of the players who have signed up know how you want us to play on Sunday and so that Whiplash knows how you want him to run things, because he'll be your admin on the night who sets it all up for you :)

Hevonen
Community User Level: 2
Community User Level: 2

Post by Hevonen » Sun May 17, 2015 6:25 pm

Arska joins like a badass.

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Sun May 17, 2015 6:54 pm

iBlaze² wrote:...because he'll be your admin on the night who sets it all up for you :) ...
Just to be clear at the beginning - I'm not a private admin of anyone here. I'm organizing the competition where everybody's equal. So, every good idea is welcomed and will be considered. That's actually the only way that we can use a LVP server.