On a similar note, I am happy to finish this disagreement and move on from this Whip if you stop trying to tell me crap. I do appreciate how hard it is to organise and run a cup as I have been there myself and made some pretty terrible calls too, so I get that. But at the same time, you have to understand my frustration at not being allowed to participate in a cup I was looking forward to so much over something so stupid and so small and then sit here and read your posts that make no sense.Tijny wrote:Whip, let me just say that even though I never would have made the same call, I somehow understand the decision not to let iBlaze play because this scenario was not considered in the rules and running a cup like that is difficult enough as it is.
That being said, it would be to your credit if you just said "ok, I made a bad call, sorry Blazee" instead of trying to come up with all sorts of ill-founded arguments to defend your decision. This happened, there's no undoing it, but at least we can use this experience to make sure a similar scenario doesn't happen again in the coming weeks.
(sorry for double post)
I do think that you have made some bad calls in this so far, but I also know that your decision-making will only improve with experience, so let's finish this now and move onto the next one?
With that in mind, my feedback from what I did see last night:
- The group stages were too long imo. Since they count for nothing but to qualify for the divisions, I think these should be reduced to 6 races per group. This would also help with the overall length of the cup and mean less players having/choosing to leave.
- Number of players from Div 2 who qualify for Div 1 should be modified. As mentioned above, it would be better to say that the top 6 are "guaranteed" a place, whilst any spaces left by people who don't show up can go to the next people from Div 2 in order of finishing position. This wouldn't be too hard to organise, you just ask "is [player 7] a spec?". If yes, they join, if no, you move onto player 8 and 9 and so on until all 20 spaces are full.
- Points should be given out for the Division cups only. Although this worked in my favour last night, I still have no idea how I could score 21 points for a cup I took no part in. There's no sense to reward people for not playing the main event. Having said that, if you fill up the empty slots with people from Div 2 as suggested above, this would take care of itself since the person who finishes 20th will get the points and not the person who qualified and never showed.
- My situation aside, I thought the organisation was quite good. Very clear instructions in the server and most people knew what they were doing and when it was time to come/go.
- Muting for the organisation stage worked well, un-muting for the actual cup was great. This practice should stay.
- Good mix of tracks between chaos, crossovers and carnage (which I must admit are the ones I prefer ) and the more normal tracks where skill comes into play. Getting caught in a trap on a T_otal Ass track is as much of what Full Contact is about as pwning somebody hard into a hairpin and sending them all the way to the punaball arena is.